PDA

View Full Version : Friend of Volrath

twiggy
10-24-2002, 12:52 PM
hey, thanks for all the replies to Volrath's post, this is his friend, i decided i would get my own s/n, if i wanted to ask any more questions, to keep things simpler. anywho...

yeah, im 6'1 130 lbs, my muscles are toned, but there's just no mass behind it, and the only thing im looking for is enough mass to get rid of that "walking stick" look i got going for me right now. i'd like to intimidate children, at least... haha. my cal intake has to be up there, i never checked to see how much it is on average, but as soon as i get that, i'll let you all know. i'm going to get an ultimate bowflex with Volrath (we room together), and go into a daily routine, so any and all info would be much appreciated...

the doc
10-24-2002, 01:13 PM
man you need to practice eating large volumes of food also ;)

Yanick
10-24-2002, 01:33 PM
what doc said.

Whatever you're eating now, is obviously not enough, since your not fat or muscular. So just start eating more, make a meal plan, eat clean foods, but eat A LOT and you'll be good.

Do you have any access to some free weights?

bradley
10-24-2002, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't sink my money into a bowflex personally. I would go with a gym membership or start to purchase free weights for a home gym. I would imagine you will outgrow the bowflex in a short time period.

As far as daily calories multiply your bodyweight times 18. Keep adding calories to that total until you are gaining about .5-1 lbs per week. Keep protien levels at about 1 gram per pound of bodyweight. I recommend low glycemic index carbs (except post-training) and don't skimp out on the healthy fats. The online journals forum will help with meal planning. Good luck and welcome to WBB.

twiggy
10-24-2002, 09:09 PM
i eat...alot more than many other people....my stomach must be from my feet up to my neck or something, cuz i can keep eating, and eating, and well....eating some more, and the next day, i havent even gained a pound, even if i try my hardest not to crap it all out....

bradley
10-25-2002, 03:17 AM
You might also try eating more calorie dense foods like nuts, peanut butter, etc. They won't fill you up as much and then you can stuff down some more food. If all else fails you might want to start taking in some liquid calories from protien shakes or MRP's, but I think whole foods are better. Good luck and keep eating.