PDA

View Full Version : thatdaveguy's journal - keep me honest!

thatdaveguy
10-26-2002, 04:07 AM
Another %$^& new journal for you all to read!

This is my first attempt to let everyone know of all my successes and failures. I rely on all of you to keep me honest and on the right track.

I vow only to post important information in a brief and consise mannor so you do not have to wade through a bunch of stuff in this journal. I will post daily cal/carb/protine/fat numbers and on workout days I will just tell you the split/bodyparts worked and any personal bests.

My intent is to use this as another tool to help me reach my goals, to look my best - any help along the way is appreciated more that you know...

current status:
body type: ectomorph I think - naturally big (fat!)
ht: 6'4
wt: 219
bf: 15%
Bi's: 15"
(will include other measurements soon)
best bench: 190 lbs
best squat: 210 lbs

Current phase: Bulk

16 week goals:
bench my body weight X5
squat 250 lbs X 5
get weight to 235
eat 3500 - 4000 cal per day, 40/30/30 Carb/pro/fat
always be INTENSE in the gym, no "sight seeing"

wish me luck gang!

dave

rookiebldr
10-26-2002, 05:44 AM
Good luck Dave on your first journal. Reading through a "bunch of stuff" is not necesarily a bad thing, after all a little diversion can be quite entertaining. But to each their own.

Once again, good luck.

NateDogg
10-26-2002, 09:45 AM
Good luck bro. And I'm with rookie on this one...the "bunch of stuff" is usually a good read, and can let people know what you are all about, strike up interesting conversation, etc. However, like rookie said, to each his own!

thatdaveguy
05-02-2003, 02:52 AM
Man, I forgot that I started this thing... It has been about 6 months since that first post. Current stats:
Weight 220
Bf still about the same at 15%
best bench 205
Bis 16
havent tested squat in a while

Spent about 3 months bulking (got up to 338 lbs) then started a cut. I have ben trying to cut for the last few months or so with the Keto diet. It is hard to follow that diet but it seems to work well. I am hitting the diet hard for the next month and will post again with progress. I will probably go to a low carb and low fat diet for the summer then start a clean bulk this fall or even a keto bulk. My willpower has been fairly week as of late, I need to get my head out of my ass NOW!