PDA

View Full Version : Low carbs ain't cutting it and I think I know why

steveo
10-30-2002, 10:12 AM
it depends which carbs you cut also. Mess around wth the carbs. pick one day a week when you cut them completely.

eclips1
10-30-2002, 10:39 AM
Out of my 5 meals a day planned diet I've been eating 3 of those with no carbs and 2 with carbs. Getting under 100carbs a day. 3 of those meals were just protien shakes or bars.

When I've done this in the past I've lost a lot of weight fast but not now, so I look at whats different:
1- I'm lifting weights
2- on creatine
3- increased protien intake(from 50g's now up to 250g's)

I read the TDK Vs. CDK article(great article, suggest everyone read) and I think #3 is my problem. I think I'm burning most of my protien as energy which is a waiste and I'm preventing my body from burning fat because it will burn protien at a higher %.

So I'm switching again and I need suggestions. Anyone have any reffrences or thoughts on good lean muscle building diets. And I'm also still considering a cutting diet but I can't seem to find one that suites me. I figure if I put on lean muscle I can, if I'm strict, still loose bf.

Shao-LiN
10-30-2002, 10:51 AM
How long have you been cutting? Have you just hit a plateu now? and have you been incorporating refeeds?

eclips1
10-30-2002, 11:25 AM
Since the end of september. I'm only down 5 lbs from 254 to 249. I'm basically in a pattern were I'll do good for a week then slip for a few days, but in the past this worked fine. But now I put the weight right back on in those couple days. I think its because I'm not hitting that kitogenic phase where my body is burning fat for fuel. My fat to protien ratio has been like 2.5 : 1.

eclips1
10-31-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by eclips1
My fat to protien ratio has been like 2.5 : 1.

I meant to say fat to protien is 1:2.5. So my thought is because of this and not eating carbs most of that protien is being converted to energy. So I'm waisting protien and I'm not getting my body to burn fat.

Shao-LiN
10-31-2002, 10:22 AM
If the slip you mention = cheating for a few days, I'd tend to say that might be your problem. If you're gonna diet, you can't really cheat for a few days on and off.