PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite recipe's

Jilla82
10-31-2002, 01:06 PM
Im talkin about real food, like a dish or something. Post em people, I know we all tired of tuna and chicken breast

gino
10-31-2002, 02:10 PM
Healthy pizza.

-Whole wheat pita bread
-pizza sauce
-low fat shredded mozzarella
-cooked chicken breast

-Cook chicken breast however you like beforehand and then dice it into small pieces
-Preheat oven to 400
-put sauce, cheese, and chicken on pita bread
-cook for 5 minutes, no more
-devour

Yanick
10-31-2002, 02:33 PM
well this is something i made up when i was sick of eating 6 scrambled eggs with cheese on top.

you can use however many eggs and slices of cheese you need.

-Harboil x amount of eggs.
-Peel.
-Cut them in half length wise.
-Put a piece of cheese on each half.
Or
-Put a slice of cheese on half of the half pieces and put the eggs back together.
-Nuke till the cheese melts
-Season with paprika/black pepper or whatever other seasoning.

not a gourmet meal, but its okay.

_-_v_-_
10-31-2002, 02:45 PM
Whole wheat pasta.

Cook al dente. Add oregano, basil, pepper, salt. Sautee sliced mushrooms, peppers, and tomatoes. Add. Top with tablespoon of olive oil and grilled turkey/chicken/fish.

Tryska
10-31-2002, 03:03 PM
we are? i've got recipes out the wazoo so i don't ever have to get sick of tuna and chicken breasts.

my current favorite and under 20 minute prep time meal?

halibut steaks, rubbed with some turmeric, cayenne pepper and a little sea salt, put into a sizzling skillet with a little bit of olive oil in it, so that it gets a nice crispy crust and then let it cook. takes about 4-5 minutes per side.

i paired it with some zucchini cut into matchsticks lightly sauteed in a little olive oil with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. (not a lot of oil, not a lot of salt). picked that one up at a diner i waited tables at years ago.

Jilla82
10-31-2002, 03:11 PM
Damn Tryska, i need to live with you!

V, how does Whole Wheat pasta taste? im scared its gonna be gross

AJ_11
10-31-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Jilla82
Damn Tryska, i need to live with you!

V, how does Whole Wheat pasta taste? im scared its gonna be gross

WW pasta taste better than white pasta. Well if you eat it raw that is. If it is in a sauce than you can't even taste the diff.

Jilla82
10-31-2002, 03:17 PM
cool, ill buy some this weekend

Tryska
10-31-2002, 03:23 PM
well ok but you'll have to live without things like wheat and dairy and sugar. and if you clean bathrooms that would be even better.

steveo
10-31-2002, 09:30 PM
I eat very simple. A favorite Breakfast dish just a eggwhites+Bell Peppers+ Lean ground turkey. Cook the turkey then add the peppers and then the eggs. This also works with chicken breast. It taste awesome add some bread and you have a full meal.

EngineThatCould
10-31-2002, 11:04 PM
I like the wheat pasta too, sometimes I add baby clams to the sauce.

My fav is jambalaya with shrimp and lean kiebalsa.

Here is a tip for potatoes......instead of topping with butter and/or sour cream, use cottage cheese.

TreeTrunks
10-31-2002, 11:11 PM
Hey gino i've been looking to make healthy pizza for about a year now and I can't for the life of me find low fat mozzarella cheese. Where do you get it at? and how much fat is in it? Here we have part skim mozzarella is that the same thing?

steveo
11-01-2002, 01:23 AM
You can make low fat mozzarella. I put some in the microwave and then drain the oil. That's how I do it. Or it might be easier to just buy it .

TreeTrunks
11-01-2002, 08:04 AM
hmmmmmm, good idea. How much oil are you able to remove from the cheese that way osteve?

Jilla82
11-01-2002, 10:02 PM
you ever try Amy's organic crust & tomatoes pizza?? its made w/ organic wheat flour W/ oat bran and wheat germ. its pretty good. only 12g of fat and 300 calories per serving

Tiare
11-01-2002, 10:09 PM
I've been on a mushroom kick lately so I'd have to say portabello mushrooms sautee'd in olive oil stuffed with crab and celery seasoned with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper served over rice pilaf or angel hair pasta with a sprinkle of parmesan.

But that's just off the top of my head. That or steak. Medium rare steak.

Saint Patrick
11-01-2002, 11:38 PM
Chicken Pesto w/ Angel Hair Pasta = :thumbup:

steveo
11-02-2002, 03:30 AM
I was able to remove a good amount of oil not all of it but enought to lessen the guilt.