PDA

View Full Version : 6 meals per day???????

dualman125
06-24-2001, 08:40 PM
Please help me out, I really would like to lose about 15 pounds, I am never hungry in the morning for some reason, so my1 st meal is at like 2 pm. ANd my second meal is at like 8pm. I really would like to start eating 6 small meals per day. But what the heck can i eat? I am a college kid with a empty fridge. Only thing near me is a seven eleven. WHat could I buy in a seven eleven that i could eat? WOuld like 5 Turkey and cheese sanwitches with a bottle of a srping water and a fruit or soemthing be counted as those 5 meals? If not can someone give me tips of what i could buy in a svene eleven and use as those meals?

06-24-2001, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by dualman125
someone give me tips of what i could buy in a svene eleven and use as those meals

LOL.
Forget the 7:11 and go to a grocery store. The only thing I use a variety store for is too buy my bottled water.

Spiderman
06-25-2001, 06:25 AM
dualman,

Go to a grocery store and get some food thats healthy. Its not to hard bro. Some good foods are... Oatmeal, Chicken, Tuna, Brown Rice, Wheat Bread, Sweet Potatoes (not canned) and other things...

Not eating in the morning isn't good for a couple reasons. One, your body won't have the energy to get started in the day and you may feel tired and worn out in the late morning. Secondly, if you don't eat breakfast there's a possibility of over-eating at lunch. I suggest starting off with something small in the morning. Have a piece of toast, or a piece of fruit or a granola bar. Do that for a week or so..... When your body becomes accustomed to having food in the morning increase it to a normal sized breakfast. Perhaps some oatmeal or whole grain cereal with some skim milk. A glass of OJ, or a piece of fruit and a little protein. Hope this helps and good luck. ;)

flake
06-25-2001, 06:45 AM
good post spidey.

Dude, never start the day without b/fast tuttut far too important.

dualman125
06-25-2001, 07:37 AM
yeah thats the thing, i havent eaten breakfast in like 5 years. So i could go on without beaing hungry till about 2-3pm. Thats when my first meal is usually is. And I'm always on the go so i just pickup something thats ready to eat like some chinese food or a seven eleven sandwitch which is wrapped. Could that be the reason that i have been overweight? Like right now its 10 am. And I dont feel hungry at all. If I tried toe at now i would feel like im shoving food down my throat. Whats a good breakfast cereal? LIke once per week when i do eat breakfast I eat some Special K cereal with regular milk. HOw the heck do you guys drink skim milk. Its so disguisting to me lol. PS I work out every day. My workout is at 2 oclock. ANd my first meal is usually at 3:30. I feel like i may not be getting enough vitamins and protein and etc. Is there a shake I can buy with my lunch that will provide me with the necessaties? Thanks for all your help

Joe Black
06-25-2001, 08:01 AM
Your diet is probably the WORST I have ever read on the net..

Not eating till 3 pm !!

Training at 2pm on an empty stomach of more than likely over 15 hours !!!!!!!

Eating chinese lol

Try and eat 4 times a day, hell eat 3 times a day at first.. But make sure you eat at brekfast..

At the moment your body will be in starvation mode and will be storing fat as an emergency measure!

Try and eat at 9 am, 12, pm, 3-4 pm, and 6-7 pm...

The build it up and try and eat at 9 pm to then add another no in and make it evey 2.5 huors you eat..

Its all about conditioning your body.. I used to eat only 4 and be full, now OI can eat 8.. Remember they are not 8 large meals just appropitely portioned...

Eat CLEAN....

No chinese or 7/11 crap lol.. **** food = **** body...

Eat oats and milk for brekfast, then perhaps some tuna and pasta for lunch or tuna snadwhiches, some meat and potatoes/rice and veggies for tea and something in the eveing too.. Perhaps a yoghurt, some toast..

That ainlt the best diet but it will get you used to eating.. donlt try and mke the jump from eating **** twice a day into healthy 6 a day... One step at a time.. Just try and eat cl;eaner 3/5 times a day for now...

PLAN.. Buy a cool bag, cook the night b4, whatever to make sure you eat..

Oh and good luck.. :D

Tryska
06-25-2001, 08:03 AM
well said hulk.

you know what.....you should add an emoticon with a thumbs up.

IceRgrrl
06-25-2001, 10:25 AM
Eating something in the morning (the others gave some excellent ideas) will get your metabolism running so then you WILL probably feel hungry earlier than midafternoon....think about you body like an engine...you gotta give it something to get it running, then continue to fuel it to keep it running all day long.

Wizard
06-25-2001, 10:34 AM
I agree with IceRgrrl.Just be carefull and don't overdo it with breakfast cereals and other high sugar/high sodium crap stuff.

nejar462
06-26-2001, 08:33 AM
There are some things in 7-11 that have 700 calories and only 22 grams of protein, it makes it the unhealthiest food i can think of, it even beats other fast food places.

IceRgrrl
06-27-2001, 05:38 AM
You mentioned that you're a college student, so you're probably short on time and money (at least that's the way I remember it)...

BUT if you really want to train right, you need to make time to get/eat good food. Fast food/convenience food is not only full of fat and poor nutrition, but it's expensive too. If you can buy unprocessed/least processed foods at a grocery store, and maybe grab some protein bars/shakes for those busy times, you'll save money AND complement your training in the weight room.

If you've got a fridge, that's the most important part :) Do you have a kitchen or access to a kitchen?

Joe Black
06-27-2001, 06:02 AM
Can I get a "cool box" lol..

They are perfect..

I set off to work with 3 meals in my bag.. chicken and anything like that is stored in my cool bag :)

Good food is generally cheaper than crap food anyway..

IceRgrrl
06-27-2001, 06:44 AM
LOL!

Everyone I work with has ceased to be puzzled when I show up with my big bag of food everyday...meals, snacks, drinks, etc. And no one ever comes around to my office to mooch b/c they don't want what I'm having ;)

Hulk's right though...you can save so much money by making your own food and bringing it with you.

dualman125
06-27-2001, 08:12 AM
Damn, so this whole time that ive been eating packaged ready to eat tuna sandwitches and ready to eat turkery and cheese with veggies sandwitches from 7-1, they werent healthy? My Seven Eleven had a bunch of wrapped read toe ats anwitches, i read how good tuna is for you, so ive been buying tuna sandwitches almost every day, isnt that the same thing i would be making at home? or is there soemthing more to their sandwitches which makes them unhealthy?

Tryska
06-27-2001, 08:16 AM
Mayo.

that goes a long way in making it unhealthy and high in fat, and depending on what brand, high in sugar too.

is it one white bread?

here's an ide...have some drive you to the grocery store....stock up on cans of tuna, cottage cheese, oatmeal, brown rice, and chicken breasts. and some seaosnings. and some fruits and veggies.

stash it all in your fridge.

cook and eat as necessary.

I guearntee you, like Hulk and Ice said....it will wind up being cheaper then running to 7-11 every day. Question of a personal nature....are you down on LI by any chance?

IceRgrrl
06-27-2001, 06:05 PM
The other thing that really skeeves me out about 7-11/convenience food is that you don't know how long ago those sandwiches were made and whether they've been properly refrigerated since...and anything w/mayo goes south in a big hurry.

A better tuna sandwich would be made with tuna on some sort of whole grain bread, maybe some cottage cheese and spices of your choosing mixed up in the tuna rather than mayo...

vox
06-29-2001, 07:40 AM
I am on the road everyday and before I used to eat out a lot. Now I take a cooler filled with goodies that will benifit me. Also I feel so much better. When I eat something I ask myself, is this going to do anything for me?

IceRgrrl
06-29-2001, 09:39 AM
Bringing a cooler is a great idea...I do that when I've travelling too so I don't have to stop and eat road food.

I find that if I take 15 min. the night before to prepare my food and/or get the cooler ready, it's much better than trying to do it in the morning when I'm rushing to get out the door.

Sounds like we're all saying that if you want to eat right, you have to plan for it or it won't happen.