PDA

View Full Version : Time to do this.

[Believe]
11-01-2002, 01:43 AM
First entry into my journal -

People I think are nuts on this board and whom I'd like to give some pointers -

Maki (asian bro, lol), Yates, Genetically Gifted (:cry: ripped), Chris Mason, El Pietro (once I get a bit more size and a bit more handspeed - I'mma have at it with ya bro :)), BennettBoy, Belial... - a host of you guys - and most of all you guys who always seem to have something helpful to say.

Don't know what's a good policy on presentation but here are the facts:

Didn't know much about serious lifting till I hit this board.
Have taken 7 grams of supplemented creatine, 5 grams of supplemented protein in my entire life...lol, you get the idea - 1) I don't like putting stuff in my body, 2) try to keep things as natural as possible.
Lifted for around 3 years.

Ready to do this.

Best:

BB Press: 290X1 Predicted: 310X1 (just need to go ahead and do it finally)
Pull Ups: 25 X BW
Dips: 33 x BW

Cannot squat currently - seeing PT for repairs.
Cannot clean - same reasons.

:redface: That's not very many stats is it.

20 years old.
5'9.5" - 172 (hit 290 @ 165)
31" Waist (flexed)
15.5" Arms
15.5" Calves
tuttut

Don't know BF% but I've got quite a few striations (some packs, the rest of it).

Work a split: T - T - R - C - T - T - R - C

Few ending points:

My power index is around 800+ because my back is finally getting some attention paid to it (seeing OP/PT). It'll get to a thousand I think without too much worry.

Read an article by Yates on vitamins - that's something I'm definitely going to look into.

Wondering if besides Maki if there are any other people who can tell me why it seems like mainland asians seem to carry another layer of "fat?" on our skin. Trying to combat that now w/lower carbs/sodium, higher protein, etc.

Diet sucks I think mostly because of timing:

4-5 Chicken breasts per day or quite a few chicken thighs, either 1/2 lb lean ground beef or 1 can of tuna, 4 glasses of milk, white rice (:redface: ), whole wheat bread (4 slices), mixed salad (2 large handfuls), orange juice...I'll post times of meals out here soon.

Will post pics before too long - computer died on me.

Tomorrow, bi's...try to circulate all major muscle groups (pecs, back, legs, shoulders once every 8 days...and bi's/tri's/calves every 5)

I'm following a new plan which in general says "Do sets to failure. Reps from 5-7. 3-4 exercises. 12-15 sets." I apply it to every muscle group.

Aimed for protein: 130 grams.

Changes in diet coming: Brown rice, Sweet Potatoes will take the spot of white rice. Trying to add some other protein source in besides chicken and beef. My blood isn't too healthy - may have to take some blood medication soon.

Like I told Pietro and Maki respectively - I want to get faster and get ripped. Maybe an inch more here and there. I guess I'm a bodybuilder at the end of the day, but I have no intentions of moving only 300 on the bench (no offense to ANYONE who is sub 300, but for the size/build I'm looking for - I should be at 360/370) or having weak legs or a weak back.

Well, take it easy - and thanks for reading.

Ritzol
11-01-2002, 04:02 AM
Good luck with your diet and your lifting believe!

If I could offer one suggestion, I think you should consider increasing your protein. 130 grams a day? I mean that's how many grams I eat. Try eating 172 grams, 1lb per bodyweight. Just my thoughts.

Have fun, and good luck! :D

Miss Rezza
11-01-2002, 06:21 AM
welcome believe:)

MonStar
11-01-2002, 07:06 AM
Good luck man. :thumbup::thumbup:

WillKuenzel
11-01-2002, 08:00 AM
Geez 290 @ 165! That's impressive man. Good luck with it.

[Believe]
11-02-2002, 02:33 AM
Bought vitamins today.

Don't know when to eat them...or how much - main concern is the iron intake - i'll be getting something like 300% of the RDA.

As for the Bs - do they really do everything they say? I've got a B combination pill that is HUGE...has like 1000+% of all RDAs for the Bs.

Got the Fish Oil pills...how many times a day? Just one serving? And when?

Thanks for the input.

:help:

rookiebldr
11-02-2002, 11:12 PM
Good luck on the journal.

My personal suggestion would be one multi in the morning, do the B combo along with it and the fish oil throughout the day. The amount on the fish oil would depend on type and quantity of fat you are current digesting with your diet. If it is really low then you could increase the fish oil pills. I'm not really a fan of the fish oil pills since I think you can get your oil in other ways such as flax seed oil, olive oil, real fish etc which are cheaper and allows you to really bump up the fat when you need the calories. But you have them now, so you might as well take them. Anyway, just my thoughts

[Believe]
11-05-2002, 09:31 PM
Disappointed.

You try your whole life for a hero that you might never be. You say might so that it might...just might not be never.

Haven't picked up a weight in 5 days - seeing the physical therapy for problems in my back, legs, and neck. An hour and a half session twice a week.

Going downstairs to punish the iron.

Back and Bi.

12 sets deep on each group...

3/3/4//2 giants

[Believe]
11-05-2002, 09:38 PM
AND THIS QUOTE MAY HAVE NO RELEVANCE WHATSOEVER.

But?

- Heroes come and go. Legends never die. -

This one always does.

- Forever begins with One Day -

[Believe]
11-07-2002, 01:40 AM
Chest.

4 x BB x 205-255

DB X 8 X 55-65

Diet:

Suck.

Franjipani
11-07-2002, 06:15 AM
Good luck with your goals Believe:)...

Any reason you neglected to type in your diet??tuttut

ElPietro
11-07-2002, 08:41 AM
Oops, must have missed your journal or something. Glad to see you made one up. Just wondering what you are seeing a therapist for. Is it major, or just nagging problems?

Also, don't get too hung up on the numbers...just keep getting stronger.

Good luck brother! :)

ElPietro
11-07-2002, 09:12 AM
Oh, also forgot to say, ignore all this RDA bullsh!t, because that's all it is. If you are eating 100% of the RDA and no more, you would probably look starved and barely have the energy to walk.

[Believe]
11-07-2002, 12:54 PM
El - YOU SUCK FOR SKIPPING MY JOURNAL :D. Bro...lol if you only knew what I was in PT for. Broke my ankle in like 7 places kickboxing :( - not exactly glamorous since I wasn't hitting anything when I did it :redface:. I also have some minor scoliosis which hurt some flexibility in my back apparently.

Franji - :redface: The diet will get better :help:

Someone want to tell me what kind of vitamin intake I should be looking at - 'cause my sleep is JUST fine...but I'm still relatively low on energy...though the multiple/b/fish/c supplementing I'm doing is helping lots.

I read Yates' article again...but I'm kind of leary of taking like 10,000% of my RDA :(...but that might just me being silly.

ElPietro
11-07-2002, 01:02 PM
Get a good multivitamin. GNC sells mega man, or if you feel really manly, they also have Ultra Mega Gold, which is even more potent. Both are good, and are reasonably priced. If you want to stock up then buy a gold card and get a couple of the big bottles...you should get a big price break, like 50-70% on the second one, which makes them way cheaper and way better than most other multis out there. That's about all I use GNC for but it's worth it.