PDA

View Full Version : The Shank Mag

Pages : [1] 2 3

Shankerr
11-03-2002, 12:48 PM
Well, I think its time for me to keep a journal.. I keep a lil paper log book with me at the gym, but I wanna start poting it online, jsut for something to do :D

Anyway, heres my current stats...

21 years old
209lbs
6'2"
13% bf
Currenty doing a clean bulk..

Goals:
225lbs by Christmas (this was a long term goal, but I dunno if I am quite gonna make it or not)

After I hit 225, cut down to around 8%bf

I want to compete in about a year, so I'm just taking it slow, and making sure to do everything right..

OK, so far today , I have managed to roll out of bed, and eat.. thats about it..

Breakfast: 5 egg whites, 3 slices cheese, 1 slice lean ham, 1.5 cups oatmeal with whey mixed in, 1.5 litres water.

Heading to the gym here shortly, today is shoulders/abs and maybe 30 mins fo cardio after if I feel like it (I try to do 30 min sessions of cardio about 2x a week just to keep things in check)

After that, I have to come home and read my ass off, two tests this week ;-(

Shankerr
11-03-2002, 03:55 PM
Solid shoulder / abdominal workout today..

o/h press: 65x7 70x7 70x5
db lateral raise 25x10 35x7 30x7
db front raise 30x7 35x7 35x5
upright rows: 110x7 130x7 130x6
db shrugs: 90x7 110x7 110x5 90x8 (held at top)
bb shrugs: 185x7 225x5 225x4

abs: 4 sets of 25 decline chrunches with 25lb plate on chest
3x15 leg raises

Shankerr
11-03-2002, 05:12 PM
Dinner....

Food: protein shake, 3 scoops banana whey with 50g malt 10g creatine and 10g glutamine

3 chicken thighs
1 slice whole wheat bread
1.5 litres water

MonStar
11-03-2002, 06:48 PM
Good luck getting to 225 man. I am shooting for the same things over the next 3-6 months. With my abs still visible of course. Lets get to 225 together. :thumbup::thumbup:

Shankerr
11-04-2002, 07:51 AM
Sounds good bro! I think if I make it to 225 by christmas (as was the original plan) my abs would disappear, so i think I am going to have to take a while longer, maybe like you said, about 3 months!

MonStar
11-04-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Shankerr
Sounds good bro! I think if I make it to 225 by christmas (as was the original plan) my abs would disappear, so i think I am going to have to take a while longer, maybe like you said, about 3 months!

Agreed. Gaining weight too fast doesnt give your body enough time to gain quality muscle---rather it puts on a combination of fat and muscle. Which is NOT what I want at all. I mean a little bit of fat is okay because you cant avoid that. But I wont settle for a gut and no abs visible at all.

Good luck man. Try gradually increasing your weights in the gym every single week. Gradual progression.

Shankerr
11-04-2002, 03:20 PM
Thats the idea, gonna bump up my cals and protein a bit, and just bust on the weights

Shankerr
11-04-2002, 04:19 PM
Today is a rest day, however, I am going to head to the gym for an hour or so to do cardio...

Meals:

breakfast: 3 eggs, vitamins 1.5 cups oatmeal with whey, 1 litre water (in a rush)
mid morning: 1/2 MRP shake
lunch: skipped... :(
mid aft: 1/2 MRP
dinner: 2 cans tuna, 2 cups rice, 1.5 litres water

after cardio (planned) 2 scoop protein shake, 50g malt, 10g creatine, vitamins

Tomorrow is a ay off from school, and chest day..

last night, slept 8.5 hours,

Feeling good overall today, feeling rather hard overall..

rookiebldr
11-04-2002, 09:13 PM
lunch: skipped... :(

tuttut As you noted with :( it's going to be hard to get to 225 by skipping meals.

At any rate, good luck with your bulk.

Shankerr
11-04-2002, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I know, i am usually not one to miss meals at all, but today, I missed my bus home from campus for my lunch break, which meant that I had to choose betweene eating fast food on campus, or not eating at all.. (we don't have any decent fast food, its basically either pizza, chinese or meat ont eh street, amoung a few other crapholes) Soooo, i chose to jsut skip it alltogether..

A lil update as well.. after the gym tonite, i came home and ate three chicken thighs and the protein shake which I mentioned earlier. I also had one honey oat muffin.

And now, I'm goin to bed :D

nite!

Shankerr
11-05-2002, 01:20 PM
This morning, I actually woke up before my alarm went off.. Got to bed at a good hour, after reading all nite and watching a few episodes of south park. Near froze my balls off because the heat isn't working in my appartment yet (got to about -3 celcius last night, so about 24 or 25 farenheit) , and my room mate was banging on my wall at 10:30pm for me to turn off my music, so i decided, " ahh, I'll just watch some southpark, and hit the sack"

I'l have to post the full story of the knobs I got stuck with this year in "residence" (basically a 33 story regular appt building thats owned by the University, not a dorm, so I have three room mates......) I guess you can see that one fo them thinks I need to be shuttin my life off at 10:30 because he needs to go to sleep...

Anyway, got up this morning, jogged to the gym (1km or so) biked for 40mins and ran for 20 on a treadmill, then jogged home again. I like to do cardio a few times a week to keep things in check, and keep myself in shape, even while bulking (don't wanna get all fat and nasty)

Came home..

breakfast:
6 egg whites,
1 slice ham
2 muffins (low fat banana that I made)
1.5 litres water
vitamins
3 slices cheese mixed into the eggs

Mid morning:
1.2 MRP shake
1 honey oat muffin (which, again, i made, I'm so proud of my baking skilz, :D )

Lunch (now)
1 chicken breast
1.5 cups rice
2 litres water

And that brings us to now..

Thoughts: I think tonite i am going to put on some music really loud, then leave and lock the door to my bedroom.... :D muhahahahaha

Feeling: feeling great this morning. I always feel soo much better when i get up and jog in the AM, it really wakes me up, I also finally got more American Crew shave cream and astringent, so it feels nice to be poperly groomed again after a few weeks.. no more Gilette for me!;)

Shankerr
11-06-2002, 09:56 PM
Ok, here is an update of last night..

Mid aft meal: 1/2 MRP
Dinner: 3 chicken thighs, 2 cups rice, 2 litres water, 2 slices oat bread

Lifting: Chest day today

Incline DB 80x7 90x7 90x5
Flat DB 80x9 100x7 100x4 90x7
Incline flyes: 60x8 60x6 50x9
Flat flyes: 60x8 65x7 60x7
Decline DB: 80x7 100x7 90x7
Low cable crossovers: 3 sets

triceps:
Pushdowns: 150x12 195x8 235x8 150x12
Skull Crushers: 95x10 135x8 145x6

Post Workout Shake: 3 scoops Ultimate banana, 50g maltodextrin, 10g glutamine, 10g creatine

vitamins

Studied until 12:30am, then watched 2 episodes of South park, Towelie, and Osama Bin Laden has Farty pants, two solid episodes!!

Feeling: great, heat is workin again! Great burn in the chest and tri's tonite

_-_v_-_
11-06-2002, 10:00 PM
That's a hell of a lot of sets for chest.

Shankerr
11-06-2002, 10:08 PM
Wed, Nov 6, 2002

had two tests today.. Got up about about 6:40 and was at the gym shortly before 7am to do some cardio while reading notes.. banged off a full hour of cardio, read my notes, and aced both tests!

Meals:
breakfast: 4 egg whites, 3 slices cheese, 2 litres water, 3 cups oatmeal, 1 serving whey, vitamins

mid morning: 1/2 MRP, water

Lunch: 2 cans tuna, vitamin C

Mid aft: 1/2 MRP, water

Dinner: 4 cups pasta with home made sauce, 6oz steak

Post workout: 3 servings whey, 50g malt. 10g glutamine, 10g creatine, vitamins

Evening meal:
1 can tuna, 2 slices oat bread, water

snack : 2 cookies

Lifts: Today was biceps/back, unfortunately, I ran out fo time, as I didn't make it to the gym to lift until 9pm.. I am heading back in the AM to finish back..

incline db curls: 55x10 65x8 55x8 (last set supersetted with 40lb curls to failure)

standing bb curls: 90x10 130x8 130x8

one hand cable curls: 4 sets per arm

bench concentration curls: 40x8 50x8 50x6

hammer curls: 50x8 70x7 60x7

Thoughts: The most annoying of my roomies (the one who pounds on my wall at like 10pm if I still have music on) has mysteriously dissappeared for the last two days without a trace... ever since the day I said he was last pounding on ym wall, I haven't seen him at all... Oh well... Oh, and we're getting 15cm (about 7") of snow tonite, and its colder than a nuns c*nt out!

Feeling: Good, muscles are feeling very hard today. My tests were both very good, nailed a solid 100% on one, and the other one, i may have gotten 1 question wrong, but I'm not sure... No classes till 5:30pm tomorrow, so gym in AM, and again later on at night, going to tan tomorrow, and generally chill!

Shankerr
11-06-2002, 10:10 PM
yeah, it is alot fo sets for chest, but as I kept going, I was still feeling good, so i decide to add a few more sets.. normally I don't do flat db flyes or cable crossovers at all.. now and then I'll replace one of the other movements with them to mix it up, but rarely all at the same time

Shankerr
11-08-2002, 01:22 PM
yesterday: (thursday)

Diet was solid, ate 7 clean meals total..

Classes were cancelled because we had a snow storm that knocked out the power on campus... which is always a nice thing :-) I only have one class on Thursdays anyway, os it wasn't a huge loss..

Back day:
3x one hand dumbell rows
3x t bar rows
4x cable pull-ins
2x pull downs
2x bent rows

Feeling: good today, a bit sluggish, but not too bad

THoughts: Damned room mate, whom i thought had disappeared suddenly came back tonite :-( I think I might throw him off the balcony....... i mean.......

rookiebldr
11-08-2002, 03:21 PM
Classes were cancelled because we had a snow storm that knocked out the power on campus... which is always a nice thing :-) I only have one class on Thursdays anyway, os it wasn't a huge loss..

snow storm already! *shiver* It's a absolutely balmy 15 degrees here in Southern Ontario. :)

Shankerr
11-08-2002, 04:52 PM
haha, I heard that it snowed in Belleivlle area I think it was yesterday o the day before.. its supposed to go back up to 15 celcius here this weekend ;-)

Shankerr
11-08-2002, 06:18 PM
11/08/2002

Breakfast:
4 egg whites, 2 yolks, 1 slie ham, 2 cups oatmeal, vitamins, 2 litres water

mid morning:
1/2 MRP, water

Lunch: turkey wrap with lettuce, tomato, salt, pepper, 1 litre water, apple

mid aft:
1/2 MRP

Post workout:
2 servings optimum chocolate, 500ml milk, 50g malt, 10g creatine, 10g glutamine

dinner:
600g ground chicken, 2 cups broccoli, 1 serving whey, water

later tonite I'll have some eggs or another shake before I head out..

Training:

Shoulders:

shoulder db press, 55x10, 75x7, 70x6 (and I managed to fall off balance on the 6th of the last rep)
lateral raises: 30x7 35x8 35x6 plus one 1/2 rep
front raises: 30x8 35x8 35x7
upright rows: 110x7 130x7 130x7 (forced the last two reps)
db shrugs: 80x8 110x8 105x8

Feeling: solid, but mad after being at the gym and witnessing various things.. left shoulder is a bit sore, I think I might have done something minor to it when i fell off balance during o/h press, guess we'll see

Thoughts: got a hair cut today, and the girl at the hair place was hott! Going to go out tonite, but must not drink! Pick up? time will tell :-) lots of work to do this weekend (I have four days off due to holiday monday, and I have no class on tuesday, nice!)

Shankerr
11-08-2002, 08:55 PM
OK, its about 11pm, and I am all pimped out, ready to rock :-)

heading to pacifico tonite, a dance bar, usually a bit classier than some spots, lots of hot gurls, not too many guys that take care fo themselves... sounds like an equation for success, hehe

Going to belnd up another shake here in a second consisting of..

3 scoops optimum chocolate
50g malt
600ml milk
1 banana
4 ice cubes

Hope I have a good nite, and hope everyone else here has a good nite too

ciao!

Shane

Shankerr
11-09-2002, 12:42 PM
Well, last night was a success ;-) always a good time. Managed to only consume one gin and tonic for the night, however, I didn't get home until 4am, didn't get to sleep till after that.. soo... its now 2:30pm, and I'm just rolling out of bed....

Anyway, heres my first meal..

breakfast:
6 egg whites, 3 slices cheese, 2 slice oat bread, 2 litres water, 1 thin slice ham

Thoughts: bored, but have alot of work to do today

Feeling: like I always do as soon as I wake up... shoulder is stilla tad sore... toying with the idea of taking the rest of the weekend off to let it heal up a bit.. just do some cardio instead maybe??

Shankerr
11-10-2002, 12:12 PM
Shoulder is still "feeling" it a bit.. its not pain, jsut stiff, i think I am gonan go to the gym this afternoon and see about stretching it out with some low weights... as well as a buit of cardio. Went out last night with the St Francis Xavier University hockey team, a couple of my cousins whom are also in school down here, and a bunch of other people.. 'twas a good time overall, The Dome is a coplete meat market, which is always a fun time ;-) got some calls to make now anyway...

OK, so i got up today, breakfast was..

4 egg whites, 3 slices cheese, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2 slices oat bread

mid mroning: 1/2 MRP w milk, water, vitamins

Lunch: 2 chicken breasts, 2 cups rice, water

and that brings us to now.. I am about to go blend up a nice banana shake, and head to the gym, I have to start brainstorming ideas for an essay for my german class, so I figure a good brisk run and some training should take care of thought time!

Has anyone here ever read the novella Death In Venice by Thomas Mann?? What were your thoughts on it??

Shankerr
11-10-2002, 08:12 PM
Meals:

Mid aft: 1/2 MRP
Dinner: 2l water, 4 cups pasta

Now: 2 scoops whey, milk, glutamine, creatine, vitamins

No training today, I am still nursing at my shoulder a bit... just going to take it day by day, the last thing I need to do is really mess it up, and be out for a few months or something. Went for a run today (35mins) and did abs and around 150 decline/flat pushups, but that was it...

heading out yet again tonite, long weekend, so we're taking advantage of it! Tonite is a bar called The Palace.. not drinking, jsut chillin.. should be fun!

Shankerr
11-18-2002, 09:46 AM
Well, I woke up late this morning, and missed my bus to class, so here I sit. Figured it'd be a good time to update my journal, ben a bit behind for about a week or so now..

Anyway, training over the last week has been good, I've been getting solid burns all through, which is nice :) Tonight will be chest, I'd go now, but I have to find my way to class at some point, as I have an economics project on "internalizing externalities" due today, so i gotta go fire it off..

Diet has been super clean, I've been avoiding any forms of crap for the last week, just because I was starting to stray a bit, and was feeling sluggish because of this. So, I'm back to a ncie super clean diet, about 250-300g protein/day, 300-500g carbs, and about two gallons of water.

Anyway, I'm in the process of changing all my webpages over, my current server has been down lately about 80% of the time, and its pissin me off.. however, I just got confirmation that everything is now set with a new one!

Room mate is still getting on my nerves, last night, he asked me to turn down music and waht not at 10pm.. I mean, come on, this dude is a grown man, he's 25 years old, and a maters student, you'd think he could deal with going to bed after 10pm by now...... if it was realistic (ie. he was asking me at 2am to turn it down) I wouldn't have a problem, but this is ridiculous!

Booked my flight home too for the 14th of Dec for X-Mas.. going straight to London from Toronto to see some of my mates, then home to Belleville around the 18th to do the family thing!

Well, I'm out, I'll post todays chest workout later and diet...

so far today..

Meal one:
6 egg whites
2 litres water
2 cups oatmeal
1 scoop optimum chocolate
vitamins

ciao
Shane

Shankerr
12-06-2002, 09:57 AM
OK, so classes are all over, and we are into the exam period, which means two things, more stress, and more flexible gym schedule :-) I've been running short two a day training (AM and PM) for the last week, and it seems to be working really well! I'm feeling good, etc. Basically, I've just been taking that days muscle groups, and splitting them between two sessions of about 30 mins each.

diet over the past couple weeks has been clean, with the odd cheat thrown in. My cheats 9about one a week) have mainly consisted of completely empty calories like ritz crackers and peanut butter cookies ;-) Which is all good, cause I don't even allow myself to cheat at all very often, so I may as wek go all out when I do!

Today is shoulders, just got in from a quick 30 mins, and I'll head baack tonite around 9 for another session to cap off the night.

Shankerr
12-08-2002, 11:32 AM
Well, today is an off day...

I had a good shoulder work out the other day though, some solid weights, and was feeling quite good right up till the end..

DB press> 60x9 70x8 75x8
Lateral raises> 30x12 40x5 superset with 30x8 35x7 superset with 30x6
Upright rows> 95x10 130x8 130x4 superset with 110x6
front raises> 35x8 40x8 40x6
DB shrugs> 95x10 105x10 120x3

on the last shrug, I kind of pulled my glute, of al things, a bit as I leaned over a touch... because of this, I just racked the weights, and went home.. feeling good now, a$$ is stilla bit still though:-)

Diet has been a bit less than clean this week.... twice I had a nice feed of peanut butter cookies around 12am as I was sittin here studying, however, I'm jsut writing it off to a cheat, and I'll run it off this week... I have also been doing alot of ab training, they';re coming along nicely! I can now see lines down the middle and on both sides of the abdominals when i just stand there, and when flexed, I can see all six lil monsters pokin their heads out quite well! Oh well, and here I am supposed to be bulking.. its kind of odd, cause I am gaining a bit of weight (up to 211 from 195 at the start) but I think my BF is around the same as when i finished my last cut... I still have a bit of fat around my lower back, but I think I would take care of that in a matter of a few weeks...

on a lighter note, my assmunch room mate is finally gone, i think we scared him off! which is always nice, means I can live with a bit less stress now!

Anyway, back to studying!

Ciao

Shane

ps. I got a few pics I am gonna post soon for some critique

BennettBoy
12-09-2002, 08:43 PM
Your a big dude Shane. With the weights you are pushing and the diet you adhere to I'm sure you are making great gains.

Shankerr
12-10-2002, 07:21 AM
thanks mate :-) Not doing so bad...

I'm just off to the gym now, I'll post my lifts when i get back.. today is bi/tri day

So far, I have taken vitamins, 1litre water,
6 eggs whole
2 slices oatmeal bread toast

I'll let ya know how the workout went!

Shankerr
12-10-2002, 09:14 AM
OK so, today was arms day.... most boring workout of all!

heres my lifts, I started out with 5 minutes of intense cardio 'cause its cold as hell out and I wanted tog et warm. Following cardio, I spent about ten minutes stretching all body parts, etc etc...

OK...

Incline DB curls: 40x12 60x8 60x5.5 superset with 50x8
Straight bar stnding curls: 90x10 115x7 95x10 95x8
DB preacher curls (on a bench) 40x12 50x6 45x9 35x15

Pushdowns: 165x12 225x12 (stack + 2 10lb plates held on with a pin) 225x8 200x10
Skull Crushers: 115x10 125x6 115x10 all sets supersetted with a set of equal reps of close grip press, at the same weight (just finished the last rep of skull crushers, then immediately into close grip)

Overall, I had a decent workout... I've been working on increasing the intensity of my workouts a bit lately, taking fewer and shorter breaks and what not, its been working well. I have a killer burn all through my arms... I'm gonna go back tonite after my exam (geology) to do some forearms, i wanted tog et home to do a few hours of economics, then burn over my geology notes... I want to keep my 100% in geology, looks good on a transcript :D

Thoughts: Caught this really hot girl that goes to SMU and competes in fitness competitions staring at me four times today, so that made my day, gotta love that! I think I am starting to like attention a lil more, starting to not be so damn shy all the time! Gonna do my damndest to nail this exam tonite, I have maintained 100% in the course during the year, which will help keep my average well over 90% on the year if I can keep teh mark after tonites exam! Can't wait to get my ass home now! saturday at 12 noon Atlantic time baby!!! I am gone! to London anyway, can't wait to see my mates back at Western in London (from saturday afternoon till wednesday) for a few days too, should be killer! Well, I'm gonna go make a shake and take a nice hot shower and bust out some studies!!!!

Diet:

As I mentioned, I had a decent breakfast, and added in an EC stack about fifteen minutes before going to the gym. I wanna burn out a bit of water before I go home, usually only takes me about three days to strip out some excess water with a bit of cardio and some ephedrine!

Now: Shake, 3 scoops banana whey, 500ml skim milk, 10g creating, 50g maltodextrin

later: 2 chicken breasts and a few cups of rice..

if i get time later on (maybe after my forearm session) I'll post the entire days diet at once and share a few more thoughts ;-)

Feeling: great, I think I have pretty much completed studying for all exams, which is killer! Can't wait to go home! All around, felling solid, good pump right now, and in a really good mood for the last week or so! Room mate that was pissin me off is gone now, so i think that has something major to do with the change in mood, no one around to constantly annoy me!

BennettBoy
12-10-2002, 06:33 PM

Thoughts: Caught this really hot girl that goes to SMU and competes in fitness competitions staring at me four times today, so that made my day, gotta love that! I think I am starting to like attention a lil more, starting to not be so damn shy all the time!

I hear ya buddy. I have been shy most of my life. Of course I was a runt and one of the smallest going through high school and college. When I graduated from high school I kid you not....I was like 5'4" and 135 lbs. Both my brothers still only weigh like 145 or so. I grew to 5'9" my freshman year at Clemson but was still puny as hell.

After my divorce (and after lifting for 2 years at that time) I started going out and couldn't believe how many folks appeared to be staring at me. It was really hard to adjust to at first. Now I have folks come up to me that actually know my name and I don't know them from Adam. Scary kind of.

But I too am trying to come out of my shell more and have more confidence in myself. I still am not a womanizer by any means, but then again, I'm not one to pick up whores just for the sake of screwing LOL. I kind of like to get to know someone first.

Shankerr
12-11-2002, 08:57 AM
gotta hate being shy! ahh, i dunno, sometimes its OK though, and like you said, I am still kind of enjoying coming out of my shell a bit at a time.. Maybe within a year or so I'll be a full fledged pimp, hehe... probably not, but one can dream :)

Shankerr
12-11-2002, 09:03 AM
OK so today I have accomplished nothing at all... I did go write an exam, and now I am completely toasted mentally, time for a nap i think... I went out for a drink last night with a girl I have been kinda sorta dating and a bunch of girls she works with (shes a masters student in nursing here) unfortunately, I wound up getting to sleep around 3:30 - 4 or so, and got back up at 6 to burn over some notes before I wrote at 8:30.. not bad overall I guess, I got a nap in yesterday, and good sleep all week, so I am not physically tired but mentally, I am toast... soooo, I'l sleep till 2pm or so, go lift, and come back to study!!!!!

I had a nice breakfast, 6 whole eggs, 2 muffins (the ones i made and bragged about, and damn, they were sooooo tasty :) ) and 2 litres of water, vitamins, etc.. nothing too exciting. I also mixed 3 slices of extra old cheddar into my eggs, kinda fatty, but tastes incredible!!!

and now, I shall sleep! I'll post more later

ciao

Miss Rezza
12-12-2002, 05:36 AM
gotta hate being shy!

It sux doesn't it :nod:

I'm such a wimp when it comes to introducing myself to guys!! I just can't do it. You need such high self-esteem......... which all my friends seem to have, but i don't :(

The one night that i actually did attempt to "chat up" a guy (at a club) ended in disaster!! He turned around and told me how hot my friend was and asked me for her name!!!! I felt like a complete loser! :cry:

Yeah so i was kinder put off after that attempt ;)

Shankerr
12-12-2002, 07:42 AM
Oh wow, I would be completely put off after that!! I think thats kind of what happens to me too, I'll start to chat someone up, and it'll go wlel once or twice, then on like the third time I attempt to talk to a girl somewhere, she'll be all rude (usually when I am at home, Belleville girls are notoriously rude!) and then I slide back into my shell for protection, hehe

oh well, at least I am better than I used to be!!!!

OK, so heres todays plan... yesterday, I did a quick back workout that looked a lil summin like this....

1 hand DB rows: 80x10 115x7 115x3.5(right) 115x4(left) 95x10
t-bar rows: 90x12 160x9 160x4 90x8
bent over rows (I am notoriously bad at this for weight) 135x12 225x2 185x10
pull downs: don't remember the weights, but I did 3 sets

Today, I have thus far managed to wake my as$ up, and take a shower, just gonna makesome food here now.. I have a math exam at 3:30, second last one of the term! get to leave in two days!

OK, so heres breakfast: 6 whole eggs, 1 bowl of oat,eal with a scoop of chocolate whey mixed in, 2-3 litres of water and a slice of ham....

thats about all I have planned, ro have done thus far, but I'll post more later

ciao

Shankerr
12-19-2002, 03:27 PM
OK, so I took five days off after exams to go party, now I feel fat, ugly, bloated, fat, weak, fat and fat... I am heading in tonite for a chest / cardio session at my gym here at home.. I am back in Ontario now, which is fun. met a girl last night, quite possibly one of the hottset girls I have met to date... (they seem tog et hotter every time) she is suposed to take me out for dinner tonite (a bit unconventional, but what the hell?) we shall see though....

OK, so today diet....

6x whole eggs
2x oat bread toast
1L water
500ml milk (skim)

3cups rice
1x 8oz steak

2 cups rice
1x chicken breast

thats it for now, if I get a chance later on, I'll post my lifts and what not

ciao

Shane

Shankerr
12-19-2002, 04:44 PM
OK, change of plans for tonite, I am now going out with my mate Jeff to some new pub er other... cancelled with Sylvie.... I don't remember the name of this new pub, but its apparently my style.... and jeff is married, so a pub is definitely more his style, hehe, keeps him out of trouble :-)

ok, off to the gym in a few

ciao

Shankerr
12-20-2002, 12:20 PM
Well, I went out with my mate Jeff last night.. had a good time of course, he had to be at his office for 7am this morning, so we went home pretty early. good times overall..

OK, so yesterday I only got in about half of a workout 'cause I played a game of squash with the pro at my gym, and kinda lost track of time. I am gonna head back this afternoon to finish up where I left off yesterday..

Here were my lifts for yesterday anyway.. arms day..

standing db curls: 40x10 55x8 60x5 50x8
standing bb curls: 90x8 115x8 105x8
db preacher curls: 40x10 45x8 45x5 superset with 40x7

now I have to go back this afternoon and do some triceps and forearms... should be interesting.

so far today, diet has been..

6 whole eggs, 3 slices of cheese mixed in
2 slices of oat bread
1 litre of water
500ml cranberry juice

1 chicken breast
2 cups rice
2L water
vitamins

Shankerr
12-25-2002, 09:55 PM
I'm eating like a fat cow, its christmas, I dare not post what I have eaten today, and I also did no lifting, since the gym is closed :-)

there, thats m journal entry for today!

I am also listening to Sinatra and watching The Wedding Planner, and no, I am not gay

BennettBoy
12-26-2002, 07:02 AM

I am also listening to Sinatra and watching The Wedding Planner, and no, I am not gay

Just REAL bored obviously. :cool:

Shankerr
12-26-2002, 08:07 PM
haha, yes, incredibly bored!!!!! However, its all good... I guess tomorrow the gym finally opens again, so I can go do something fun and useful!!!

Shankerr
12-26-2002, 08:14 PM
ok, so today is another off day, and again, i am bored stiff............ I have accomplished nothing, just basically went to visit some people (friends of family) and sat around, watching movies and episodes of SImpsons and South Park.... very exciting, eh?

Also, my diet has been crap today, I have managed a good protein intake, but I have also had alot of candy and sweets and what not... not like me, but I am just cheating for a few days....

ok, so that is all, we have some company over, but I was bored, so I thought I would come make a quick post or two!

Ciao

Shane

Shankerr
12-27-2002, 11:02 PM
diet was crap today.... had some roadhouse food for the after party of my cousins wedding rehersal..... etc etc... I guess other than that, it was OK though..

ok, chest day today.. aaaannnndd.... here it is..

incline DB: 60x8 80x8 90x7 90x3 superset with 80x6
flat DB: 60x9 90x8 95x5 95x2 superset with 85x8
incline flys: 50x8 65x8 65x5 superset with 55x7
flat flys: 60x8 70x8 70x7
pec deck: 135x10 165x8 170x8

feeling a tad weak today I think it has something to do with my diet... lifts aren;t wuite what they could be, but I have a good burn nontheless... I have actually been using the dreaded NitroTech as my whey for the last week and a half or so, my mom bought it for me when I cam home, so I didn't hafta deal with the bill.. I think it is working well, but honestly, I don't know if it is really worth the money or not......

anyway, got a wedding tomorrow, and I am an usher.. should be interesting, its on my dads side of the family, and I basically can't stand any of them... one of my cousins is down staying with us tonite, and another is coming tomorrow, so it should be a good time overall.. hoping to make it to ottawa for new years, go see Sarah and see how things are, etc.. if not, i guess I shall just go to Peterborough and stay with my mate steve, he's having a party....

anyway, I'm out

ciao

Shane

rookiebldr
12-27-2002, 11:32 PM
... I have actually been using the dreaded NitroTech as my whey for the last week and a half or so, my mom bought it for me when I cam home, so I didn't hafta deal with the bill.. I think it is working well, but honestly, I don't know if it is really worth the money or not......

It must be worth the money. It's 1800% better than regular whey. ;)

Shankerr
01-03-2003, 11:26 PM
haha, I know I feel 1800% stronger... oh wait, no I don't.... damn false advertising....

galileo
01-06-2003, 10:41 AM
Did you reach your goal? How much do you weigh now?

Shankerr
01-08-2003, 04:44 PM
218lbs as of this morning, but alot leaner than I had planned on being at 225... so i guess I am OK ;)

I have done some readjusting though....... New goals are to be between 225 and 235 by the end of April, at roughly the same bodyfat level.. My end goal is to be ready for a competition either this coming fall, or the fall after that.. and, I would like my off season weight to be somewhere around 240 - 250 within about 18 months or so... I am done with looking fit, etc, and messing around with bets and what not, I just wanna get big now.

Other goals include...

1) adding some size to my delts. they're good now, but why not add more?
2) add some mass to my chest. I think this is the single area of my physique that could use a bit of work right at the moment, I have good size, but i want more, and I also want to build up the middle area so that I have a buit more of a line between pecs instead of a bit of space as well.. if that makes sense to anyone, i can picture it in my head, but can't put it to paper too well..

pretty easy studff really, nothing too hard at all i don't think. also, i would like to drop bodyfat a touch I think.. like maybe 5-7lbs worth, nothing major, but I plan to do this over the next four months, instead of doing a mini cut or something..

My diet is solid, so no worried there, though I did have a touch of a field day over the holidays, but what the hell, I had been a pretty good boy for about 6 months or so, no major cheats, so it was time!

Well, those are basically my revised goals... Any thoughts on any of this at all?? comments are welcome!

Shankerr
01-08-2003, 04:51 PM
OK, here is todays diet and what not..

Weight today: 218lbs

Breakfast: 2 cartons of liquid egg whites, i think thats about 10 eggs worth.. (never again, those things were all nasty and things..) 2.5 litres of water, vitamins, 2 cups oatmeal, 1 scoop whey

Mid morning: Meso tech + water

Lunch: 2 cans tuna heated with spices, 2 cups brown rice (was late for my next class 'cause I forgot this kind of rice taked 45 f*ckin minutes to cook)

Mid aft: 2 chicken breasts

Dinner: steak, 3 cups rice

now: just having some crystal light and vitamins and what not before i head out to lift.. after lifting, I'll have 2 scoops whey and 10g creatine before I leave to coem home...

I'll post routine of tonite later on

BennettBoy
01-08-2003, 05:38 PM
Shane, you should post some pictures in your journal. I'm sure Miss Rezza would just LOVE to see them. :D

Seriously, your goals look good bro. Damn.....235 at your height and a low bodyfat would kick arse.

Shankerr
01-08-2003, 05:55 PM
I have a whole cam full of pics, but they aren't developed yet ;-) I really need to get a digital cam i think!!!!

BennettBoy
01-08-2003, 06:01 PM
You can get them developed and put on a floppy in jpeg I believe. That way they are very easy to post to internet or email without having a digital camera.

Mik
01-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Good luck with the goals Shane. Where do you plan on competing once you do? I went to the Eastern Ontarios last year in K-town. Man if you bulk up to what you hope to you'll kick a$$!

Shankerr
01-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by BennettBoy
You can get them developed and put on a floppy in jpeg I believe. That way they are very easy to post to internet or email without having a digital camera.

Thats what I usually do, I get a set put onto a CD, then just shrink them down in Photoshop and fire them around, works pretty well, and they do it for like a buck where I get my pics developed! I think I might take the final two or three pics on that camera over the next day or so, and then get some pictures posted!! Now all I need is a model for my last few pics...... hmmmm........... ;)

Originally posted by Mik
Good luck with the goals Shane. Where do you plan on competing once you do? I went to the Eastern Ontarios last year in K-town. Man if you bulk up to what you hope to you'll kick a$$!

hehe, thanks mate! I am from eastern Ontario (Belleville) but I go to school in Halifax, so it leaves things kind of open as to where I compete... depends on what time of year it is.. if I want to do a show in the fall, then it'd have to be in Halifax, but late summer, or maybe over the break, I could do one in Ontario, I'm just gonna see what my condition is like closer and decide from there.. I dunno though, for my weight, I feel pretty damn small..... we'll see!

rookiebldr
01-08-2003, 08:05 PM
It does sound like you've been progressing well. I hadn't realized that you were planning on competing. So all the best in getting there.

Shankerr
01-08-2003, 08:11 PM
OK, so just got in from a nice chest session......

heres what happened...

Incline DB: 50x12 85x9 95x9 95x4 superset with 60x5 70x8 (real deep reps on the last set, and the later half of the superset)

Flat bar press: Now, i think it was only a week ago that I said something about never doing flat BB anymore... I think saying that got my curiosity up, so i decided to fire it up tonite....
135x12 225x8 245x4 185x8

Incline flyes: by this time, my triceps were gettin torched as well as chest, so the weights were a tad low.. gonna go in the morning and do a few good solid sets of flyes though..
50x12 60x8 60x2.5 superset with 40x6 40x12 (deep reps, but I took about ten seconds each to get each of the last five up, with a considerable amount of groaning, and a bit of swearing involved :eek:)

at this time, the gym closed, and iw as being kicked out! I think I shall go back in the morning, do a few sets of flyes and a few of cable crossovers...

I'm feeling good overall tonite, didn't get quite enough sleep for my liking last night, but solid meals made up for that today! Had ten hours of class today (10am - 8pm) with a few lil breaks here and there; I even managed to get home to eat during one of them!!

Thoughts of the day: Feels kinda weird to be back in classes after such a long break, but I like school, so I don't mind too much! A bit bored today overall... I think I might just watch a movie, post on here a bit, and hit bed at a good hour...

Shankerr
01-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by rookiebldr
It does sound like you've been progressing well. I hadn't realized that you were planning on competing. So all the best in getting there.

thanks mate! I got a way to go yet, thats for sure, but its my goal anyway! Not sure what my goal will be after that though... I guess to place better in my next one or something, hehe

Mik
01-09-2003, 10:21 AM

hehe, thanks mate! I am from eastern Ontario (Belleville) but I go to school in Halifax, so it leaves things kind of open as to where I compete... depends on what time of year it is.. if I want to do a show in the fall, then it'd have to be in Halifax, but late summer, or maybe over the break, I could do one in Ontario, I'm just gonna see what my condition is like closer and decide from there.. I dunno though, for my weight, I feel pretty damn small..... we'll see!

The show I went to in Kingston was in November so that would be out I guess.

Man, I wish I was a "small 215 lbs" lol.

Shankerr
01-11-2003, 10:11 AM
OK so here my post for yesterday.. I kinda sorta missed it..

Diet:

Morning: oatmeal, 1 scoop whey and PB mixed in; 4 eggs (whole) 2 slices old cheese; 2 litres water, viamins

mid morning: 2 scoops whey, water

lunch: 2 cans tuna, 2 cups rice

mid aft: 1 can tuna, 2 slices oat bread

dinner: 2 chicken breasts, yam, handfull of crackers

post workout: 2 scoops whey, 10g creatine, 5g glutamine, 30g maltodextrin

later: 1 cup cottage cheese, handfull of crackers, vitamins

Workout: Arms day, and I got in one of the best arm workouts I have had in a long time!

Incline DB curls (simultaneous with both arms): 25x12 35x12 40x8 (superset with 25x10) 40x6 (superset with 25x8) 25x10.5

Standing BB curls: 65x12 95x10 115x8 115x6 65x8

1 arm DB preacher curls: 35x12 45x10 50x5.5 (superset with 35x8) 40x8 (superset with 30x8) 40x3 (superset with 30x8, forced the last few)

finished this off witha f ew sets of standing alternating DB curls, and that was it for bi's

Triceps: pushdowns: 160x12 205x14 205x10 205x8 (superset with 160x8) 205x4 (superset with 160x7) I couldn't find my trusty extra pin to tack another plate onto the cable weight stack, so i was stuck at only 205 last night, couldn't go higher :(

Skull Crushers: 115x12 135x8 155x4 135x7

So, that was about it really.. not that exciting, but I got a killer burn going in my arms, and a wicked pump as well!!

Last night, I "had" to take a friend of mine for a walk downtown. She was whining cause she wanted to go for a walk in the snow, but didn't wanna go by herself at night, so I told her I'd go with her.. it was fun, however, the sidewalks weren't really well cleared so i just about planted my a$s on more than a half ozen occasions! I managed to stay on two feet, but not by much, hehe For some reason, the bars were empty last night when i was out.. it was only like 10:30 or 11:00 I guess, but even so, there was absolutely no one! Wound up dropping her off after walking around for like an hour or so (she had to go out with some guy she met or soemthing..) , coming home, watching a movie, and crashing hard! I didn't get up till like almost noon! Which is always a good thing! Tonite, gonna go out with Sarah and some of her friends..I have a feeling there is gonna be some serious drinking taking place, and I am gonna have to try to avoid it, gotta be a good boy!!

I'll post todays diet / routine a bit later on!

Shankerr
01-11-2003, 11:55 AM
You, and me.... and her, simultaneous.. you and me, and you and you, simultaneous lovin' baby, two or three.. haha, simultaneous..

every time i say "simultaneous" anything (ie. simultaneous curls) I think of that song Chef sings on South Park

rookiebldr
01-11-2003, 12:32 PM
So, that was about it really.. not that exciting, but I got a killer burn going in my arms, and a wicked pump as well!!

Just got to love those curl jockey days. :D :D

Shankerr
01-11-2003, 02:14 PM
bwahaha, I think its 'cauise I don't spend a whole lot of time worrying about arms, they develop on their own pretty well, so when I really bust my ass on them for a workout, I know it!

BennettBoy
01-13-2003, 07:16 AM
Shane, I was reading the Gear Board and saw where you were on a cycle or getting ready for one. I am not sure I saw this in your journal, but I could have missed it.

What kind of cycle you doing bro? And is this your first one? Are you seeing good results from it? Inquiring minds want to know LOL.

Shankerr
01-13-2003, 02:04 PM
haha, I didn't post anything till the other day about it, no one really knows at all.. I just figured the other day that there was no point in keepin it secret anymore was all;) Its kinda hard to conceal when its kind of obvious by just looking at me now..

I am "thinking" of doing 500mg/wk sustanon and going to throw in some winstrol at 50mg ED for the last two weeks of injections as well as two weeks after injections are done, hehe

Results? well, I am up a bit of weight (about 15lbs), but honestly, for the money, leagalities, etc, not sure if its enough to be bothered with.. The main thing I saw was a big rise in hardness, strength and overall appearance (striations and what not)

This is my first one so far. I decided to do one cycle now, and then wait a year, and do another.. After I finish that second one, I am going to evaluate the cost/benefit ratio (not just monetary cost either) and see if its really worth it for me or not.

I guess we shall see!! So far, no complaints though, only a bit of acne from it, no other sides at all. I am making sure to take lots of ALA and milk thistle though as well ot fend off various evils.

hehe, any otehr questions, just ask, I probably left something out
;)

BennettBoy
01-13-2003, 06:29 PM
It's all good man. Your old enough to know what you are doing and it sounds like you are approaching it in a good manner. I hope you pack on some good mass from it bro! Good Luck.

Shankerr
01-13-2003, 08:32 PM
well, hopefully.. I am hoping for another five solid pounds from it, then I'll be happy with that! I don't think its such a tall order, and I have my diet and training well in order, so I think it might just happen!!

Alex.V
01-13-2003, 08:35 PM
lol. I think it was pretty obvious from your posts in anabolics a while back.

Good luck with the post cycle therapy. :)

rookiebldr
01-13-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Belial
lol. I think it was pretty obvious from your posts in anabolics a while back.

Good luck with the post cycle therapy. :)

:withstupi

Shane, I guessing that you're keeping this as a fairly clean bulk. I had this impression that you were close to 210-215 last fall from your earlier posts so this would be a nice solid 10-15lb LBM.

Shankerr
01-14-2003, 09:37 AM
well, what happened was I made a bet with a mate of mine to cut down a bit, somewhere around 199-202 lbs I think was the smallest, since then I have been working on just bulking back up, trying to keep it as clean as possible.. I am at about the same bodyfat now than I had at 200, and I am at 218+- (could be a tad more, I'm gonna weigh myself today) I am hoping for 225 by the end of this cycle though! I usually tended to hover somewhere around 210 though, so even now at 218 I'm not complaining!

Basically, I'm aiming to do nothing but get bigger now. I am even thinking of putting off competing for about 8 more months to get as big as possible. I was going to do a smaller regional competition next fall, and then the provincials in the spring, but I am thinking now I might just hold off and bulk straight thru till next january, then cut like hell for the provincials (Apr 2004) we'll see though, depends on what size I am by about July, and how much more I gain from this cycle.. I'd really like to hit 230 at my current BF% first.. Like I said before, i don't take losing well, so I wanna be sure I am ready!;)

Shankerr
01-14-2003, 09:55 AM
OK well, yesterday was an off day. I did however go to the gym for about a half hour or so, did some side raises and what not with light weights, more of a good solid stretch than anything. My diet was clean yesterday, as it has been for a lil while now.

I managed to make some scrumptous muffins yesterday as well! I loove muffins, and try to incorporate them in as snacks and what not, I make them pretty clean, etc, but each has about 25g of carbs... Its all good though!

Yesterdays Diet
Morning: 5 whole eggs, 3 slices old cheese, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop whey, 1 tbsp natty PB, water, vitamins

Mid morning: 2 scoops whey, water, 1 slice oatmeal bread

Lunch: 8oz steak, 2.5 or so cups rice, 2L water

Mid aft: 2 cans tuna, 1 cup rice

Post workout: 2.5 scoops whey, 10g creatine, 30g malt, mixed w water

Dinner: 2 chicken breasts, 2 cups rice, broccoli, water

later: 2 cans tuna, 1 cup rice

Later still: 2 sliced oatmeal bread, 1/2 tub of cottage cheese

That was it, pretty solid diet for the day, lots of food there, but not a drop of it wasnt at least mainly clean ;)

Today's Diet

Morning: 4 whole eggs, 2 cups oatmeal, 1 slice oat bread, water, vitamins

Mid morning: 2 scoops whey, water

Lunch (now): 8-10oz steak, 2 cups rice, water

Post workout (planned): 2 scoops whey, 10g creatine, malt mixed in water

Dinner: 2 chicken breasts, rice, water, bread

Evening: can tuna +1 tbsp mayo + bread = sandwich

Before bed: 1/2 tub cottage cheese

The last couple meals are only planned, so if there are any dramatic changes in them, I will post about it later on. Hopefully I'll get home in good time to post my routine for this afternoon. Chest day, hoping for a really good workout today! I feel energetic and ready to rock, so we'll see what happens! I am also taking a resume this afternoon toa new supplement shop that just opened, I am hoping to score a lil after school / weekend job there! I am done classes at 11;30 tues and thurs, so hopefully I can hook something up for those days + weekends.... we shall see!

anyway, I'm out, food is done!

Ciao

Mik
01-14-2003, 10:07 AM
Good luck with the job. Hey if ya get it can ya send me some free stuff since I wished ya luck!

Shankerr
01-14-2003, 10:13 AM
bwahaha, sure why not, we'll call it "samples" hehe

Shankerr
01-14-2003, 10:36 AM
I just called and ordered a box of those Detour bars.. I ordered some ALA this morning, so i called back and tacked a box onto my order, hope they're good for $45 a box!

BennettBoy
01-14-2003, 02:20 PM
I just called and ordered a box of those Detour bars.. onto my

WOW....I had one of those last week. VERY GOOD. I still like the Nitrotech bars better though.

rookiebldr
01-14-2003, 04:03 PM
I just called and ordered a box of those Detour bars.. I ordered some ALA this morning, so i called back and tacked a box onto my order, hope they're good for $45 a box!

They are awesome, dude. I think I will alternate between those and my regular bars which are only $22 a box. And good luck on that job.

Shankerr
01-15-2003, 08:29 AM
I just realized that I gave the guy at the supplement shop a resume with the wrong phone number on it... I just got new digits last week, and I forgot to change it on my resue.. I guess a trip back to the shop is in order....

Workhorse
01-15-2003, 09:10 AM
Hey Shane, I've been reading in here for a while but just never posted. I thought I'd chime in and tell you that it looks like you're doing great. Keep up the good work and good luck if you decide to compete. You're gettin' up there in weight so I hope you reach your goals!! Keep it up! :thumbup:

Shankerr
01-15-2003, 10:28 AM
thanks alot mate! I appreciate it! ;)

Just got in the door from some chest, but I gotta run to class, so I'll post all about it later on!

galileo
01-15-2003, 10:37 AM
What's yer current weight, man?

Oh yeah. YOU PATHETIC LOSER STEROID USER. LOSER! LOSER!

I'm just kidding. Utmost respect. :)

Shankerr
01-15-2003, 10:38 AM
OK, well, it would tend to seem that I missed my bus to class... I guess thats what I get for trying to squeeze things too tight.. See, I take the 1:30 bus for a 1:35 class, which gets me in the classroom door about two minutes late, usually before we really start anything anyway.. However... it takes me twenty minutes to walk to class, so if I miss the bus, by the time i walk to class, its half over.. and from time to time I miss it... hmmmm....... maybe i should go early and just hang out for a half hour, hehe

Ahh well, its only a calculus class, basically a joke, so I'm not too worried about missing one day :D

Shankerr
01-15-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by galileo
What's yer current weight, man?

Oh yeah. YOU PATHETIC LOSER STEROID USER. LOSER! LOSER!

I'm just kidding. Utmost respect. :)

bu bu bu buuut, my mommmy still says I'm special, so there :cry:

:cry:

OK, I'm done *looks around for syringe*

bwahaha, I agree, in hind sight, I am starting to think that its not really worth being bothered for me. I like the way I look, but on the other hand, I don't really have that same sense of accomplishment as when I was just lifting naturally.. Oh well, it'll be done in a few weeks, then I'll be back to drug free training after that.. hell, we all gotta experiment with something sometime, and its better than smokin crack or snortin some coke, so what the hell??

galileo
01-15-2003, 10:52 AM
Steroids are far better than crack or coke! At least you're closer to your goals. I guess if you lose the sense of accomplishment it could suck, but hell, look how strong you got!

Shankerr
01-15-2003, 11:03 AM
oh, and after all that, I forgot to post my weight.... umm, well, today I weighed myself in at 223, but I had pants and boxers on, so i figure somewhere around 220.. when i get a chance, I'll weigh myself properly, but I was in a bit of a rush to make my bus, which I missed anyway ;-)

OK, so I guess I may as well post my training session for today....

Chest Wednesday Jan. 15, 2003

Incline DB: 55x12 75x10 90x8 90x6 60x10
Flat DB: 60x12 80x8 85x6 85x2 superset with 60x8 70x8
Incline flyes: 40x12 50x10 65x8 65x3 superset with 50x7 50x8

I plan to go back later to do some stuff on the cable machine, and maybe another set or two of flyes, I have a good burn goin in my chest, which is always a good thing!

I have changed my training a bit lately, dropping my weights a tad and going for higher volume. Adding a few reps to each set, and adding a full set to each movement. I found its been working wuite well for me. I'm still doing roughly the same routines, but just a bit higher volume.

Diet so far today had been clean, but not quuite enough food for my liking so far..... I am gonna make up for it a bit this afternoon!

Morning: 2 scoops whey, water, 2 muffins

mid morning (post first workout) 2 scoops whey, water, creatine, malt; etc and a bagel

Lunch: 2 chicken breasts, 3 cups rice, water, vitamins

I'll post the rest of todays eats later on

Shankerr
01-15-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by galileo
Steroids are far better than crack or coke! At least you're closer to your goals. I guess if you lose the sense of accomplishment it could suck, but hell, look how strong you got!

haha, yeah i guess! I am just hoping to maintain the strength after I am done this cycle.. I think though with the right clomid therapy and just keeping up the intensity of the workouts, it shouldn't be a problem.. time will tell i guess!

Mik
01-15-2003, 11:09 AM
Shane, I've noticed a few times you seem to hit the gym for a second time in a day. Is it because you run short on time? Just wondering.

Shankerr
01-15-2003, 11:33 AM
Yeah, sometimes I run things a tad too long ro get there a tad to late, and run out of time. On those days I just go back later and polish things up. I usually try to at least get the major movements out of the way in one trip, and then some minor movements during the next trip...

Sometimes though, if I am feeling like I am having a good session, I'll finish my session, then I'll go back later on simply to do more.. I find for some reason that I get good results by bustin' out a good session, then letting things rest for a few hours, adn then going back and doing some lighter sets with super controlled movements. I don't know what the science behind that theory is, but I know it seems to work well for me, especially on chest and shoulders.

Today I just ran out of time, I tried to cram a workout into a time i knew wasn't gonna be long enough...

Shankerr
01-15-2003, 11:53 AM
ok, this is a useless post, but I just wanted to make a note that we are so far behind in doing our dishes here, that I just had to go stir the rice I am making with a knife.....

galileo
01-15-2003, 02:27 PM
:spam:

Shankerr
01-16-2003, 04:31 PM
So, today was arms again.. not wuite as killer as the last one, but they are definitely feelin the burn! I really should measure my arms and see how big they are, I have no idea. I also managed tog et time to properly weigh myself this afternoon (ie. without anything on). *drum roll* 220lbs on the nose! Anyway, you're probably not as excited as I am, and if you're not, eat my a$s! just kiddin...

OK, so diet today was good overall.. Last night just before bed I threw in a shake to round things off, and since i was outta cottage cheese, i figured some whey would hafta do!

Diet

Morning: 4 eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, water, vitamins

Mid morning: 2 scoops whey, water, 5g creatine, 2 cups rice

Lunch: 2 chicken breasts, 3 cups rice, water

Mid aft: Detour bar, water, 2 slices oat bread

Post workout: 2 scoops whey, water, 10g creatine, 30g malt

Dinner: 10oz steak, 2 cups rice, water, milk

evening: 1/2 tub cottage cheese

Arms:

Biceps:

Standing simultaneous DB curls: 25x15 35x12 45x8 45x4 superset with 35x8 30x10

Standing BB: 65x12 95x10 115x9 115x3 superset with simul. standing DB 35x7 85x8

One arm DB Preachers: 30x12 35x12 40x8 40x6 superset with 25x12.5; 30x8 superset with 25x7

Incline simultaneous DB curls: 30x12 35x10 40x8; 40x8 superset with 30x10; 40x2.5 superset with 30x8; 35x8 superset with 25x8; 35x3 superset with 25x9; 30x4 superset with 20x10; 30x2.5 superset with 20x5...... this was kind of a burn out excercise for me... lots of sets and concentrating on getting a super squeeze in! I find it to be absolutely killer!!

Triceps:

I have taken skull crushers out for this week, and focused on burning the hell out of myself with pushdowns for a few more sets.. gonan see how it works. so far all I know is that it feels killer!!! great pump from this..

Pushdowns (with a cambered bar): 150x15 205x12 205x12 205x10 205x8 205x6 superset with 150x9; break for five.........; 205x10 205x4 superset with 150x8; 150x9, last set holding contractions at certain intervals...

Seemed to work very well, but its a bit of a pain in the nuts that the cable machines only have 205lbs on them, I am thinking I could be hittin at least 240 or so with little effort... Oh well, maybe thats something I can figure out later on. I also don't have access to a handy dandy extra stack pin to peg on a few plates like I did with my gym at home, all the pins at my gym here in Halifax are attached :mad:

This evening, I am feeling good, still have a killer pump going. I am feeling really full and tight lately, and alot of my chest and delts are becoming striated, which is cool when I flex... We'll see., I might be ready to do the earlier show I wanted to do after all.. i guess time will tell!!

Umm, anyway, I am outta here for a bit, got some homework to do! Good old financial accounting bustin my balls! hehe, 'tis all good though, its actually an enjoyable course.. but I am a geek afterall, so i guess it kinda figures I'd enjoy it, hehe ;) i think I am also gonna go buy some cottage cheese for tonite, and one of those 'lil sewing measuring tapes so I can measure myself a bit....

see ya!

Mik
01-16-2003, 04:39 PM
Wow! That's a hella arm workout! Grats on the weight Shane!

BennettBoy
01-16-2003, 04:39 PM
Sounds like things are going REALLY well Shane with your training right now. :D

And damn that was a big lunch with 2 chicken breasts and ALL that rice.

Be sure to take pictures after your done with your little "experiment" man. I'd be very interested in seeing the pictures you have on film now vs. more in another few weeks.

Mik
01-16-2003, 05:50 PM

Shankerr
01-17-2003, 06:33 AM
Definitely. I am actually holding onto those last three or four pictures on that camera just for that purpose! I don't take many pics, so i figured if I get these ones I have now developed, and start on another camera for my post cycle shots, it might be next september before I finish it, hehe.

As for lunch yesterday, I kinda got home, and cooked up some chicken and a lil bit of rice, at it, and was like "hmm, I'm still hungry" so back to the fridge I went, got more rice, nuked it, and ate another plate full of that too, hehe. I have been sooooo hungry lately, its unbelievable, but I've been trying to eat only good foods.. Except for last night, a friend of mine came over for a bit and he brought some Cheetos and peanut butter cookies.. so I had a few cookies and a few handfulls of Cheetos, but thats about as bad as I have been lately! hehe

I also just got the last of my marks back last night for last term, so I am kinda happy over that as well ;)

Shankerr
01-17-2003, 06:35 AM
ps. about the "fridge rice" thing, I just cook up like 6 or 8 (dry) cups of rice at a time and refridgerate it, that way I can just scoop some out, hehe.. its not like I went and got some nasty rice from two weeks ago or anything, hehe

Workhorse
01-17-2003, 07:45 AM
Damn Shane, that's a TON of sets!!! I see you like high volume!! :D Good work though on reaching 220, keep it up!!

galileo
01-17-2003, 08:00 AM
Ugh on high volume.

Shankerr
01-17-2003, 12:15 PM
bwahaha, apparently galileo is not a fan of working hard, hehe, just kiddin mate. I am just trying it out for a while, I usually go with lower sets, lower reps and high weights, but I am just switching for af ew weeks to give this a try, we'll see what happens.

basically, with the incline DB's I was just burning out what energy I had left, thats the reason for the high sets in that case.

Shankerr
01-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Well, today was back day... to be honest though, right now I don't really feel like posting my entire routine.... sooo, basically I did some DB rown, T bar rows, seated rows, umm, lat pulldowns, and some shrugs.. feeling good, muscles were a tad tight, but after a good stretch, its all good again! Diet was OK today, actually, it was pretty darn good, other than the fact that when i got home from class, I put on an eupsode of the show "Jacka$s" and opened a thing of pringles.. By the end of the show it was also the end of the pringles... oh well, i don't do this often, so I had some junk food yesterday, and some today, but now I am all out of junk, so I won't be able to demolish myself anymore now, hehe

Class today was boring, overall, I am bored.. I'm in a really good mood, just bored outta my mind.. Ahh well, hehe

OK, I'm off to eat, see ya later!

Mik
01-17-2003, 05:21 PM
Ah, ya gotta eat crap every once in awhile! I wish my diet was as good as yours.
*wonders why I can't see my abs*

Shankerr
01-17-2003, 07:47 PM
bwahaha, abs are over rated :D you need to get yourself a big ol GH chemical gut! now THATS attractive!

haha

rookiebldr
01-18-2003, 05:50 AM
bwahaha, abs are over rated :D you need to get yourself a big ol GH chemical gut! now THATS attractive!

haha

:nod: That's what I'm aiming for on my next bulk.

I think I've mentioned this to you before, that I occasionally get to Belleville to visit family. However, I've never looked for a gym there. Got any recommendations?

Shankerr
01-18-2003, 11:11 AM
I think I've mentioned this to you before, that I occasionally get to Belleville to visit family. However, I've never looked for a gym there. Got any recommendations?

Well, to be honest, there are really only three gyms in Belleville now, and two of them are owned by Goodlife.. There used to be around a dozen total I think, but about five or six years ago, Goodlife came to town, bought one of the long standing gyms, and basically muscled out the competition, save for one otehr gym.. So, basically, there is a Goodlife at the Quinte Mall, which is brend new (they built it about 2 years ago from scratch) a Goodlife on Station St. just up from Front St across from the Beer Store, and then there is the Harbour Club on Dundas St. (Hwy #2) between Front st. and the Bay Bridge on the south side of the road (you have to go over the train tracks, and its right there, you'll see a big sign for Morch Marine and the Harbour Club, right across from Tim Hortons and the Shell station.. theres also a huge white tennis bubble, can't miss it!)

Anyway, I go to the Harbour club myself, its kind of a semi private health club right on the water... its not overly well equipped, but the thing is, most of the clientelle are old and just do nautilus and cardio anyway, so the free weight side is uaully more or less empty, which makes for a good lifting environment.. save for a few little old ladies who stare at you, tis not too bad at all ;)

Goodlife, well, its basically Goodlife.. Same as every other one, well equipped, lots of equipment and well maintained. it has a younger crowd there, but the thing is, its almost always busy, and hard to get at the equipment... If Goodlife si your choise, go to the one at the mall, its new, and alot better!

If you want to go to Goodlife while you're there, just go in and tell them that you're interested in joining, and they'll give you a 7 day temp pass to use, which is OK. If you're there for longer, just go to the other Goodlife in town and pull the same stunt.. Once you get your pass there, since its good anywhere in Canada, you can go to the good one at the mall again anyway, hehe. If you can, I'd try to get into the Harbour Club though, I find it a bit easier to lift there myself (could be 'cause I've been a member there for ten years and know everyone) If I am home when ya wanna go, I can hook you up, no problem!

I do think however when I go home in the spring, I am going to join Goodlife myself, just for the fact that I'll have access to a bit more equipment there, even if I do hafta wait for a bit...

Mik
01-18-2003, 03:34 PM

Hey Rookie, if you ever decide to w/o in Belleville let me know. I'm in Kingston (only 40 mins away) so we could train together if you wanted.

Shankerr
01-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Hey, what about me? can I train with you guys too? I'm fun, come on!!!! please!!!!

hehe

Shankerr
01-18-2003, 04:15 PM
oh, and PS, we've made it back from AJ's and Tier Nan 'Og to Belleville in 27 minutes one night, hehe.. not exactally the most legal of things to do, but it was fun:D

Mik
01-18-2003, 05:23 PM
Sorry Shane didn't mean to exclude you. It was a given that I'd love to train with ya. Yeah, I've done K-town to Belle Vegas in about 25 mins but I was being conservative. Let me know if you ever need a partner!

Edit: when are ya home next?

Shankerr
01-18-2003, 07:01 PM
bwahahaha :) I was only kiddin with ya. I'm not gonna be home now until the end of April I don't think.. I maaay come home for reading week.. not sure, I have an unused ticket on Air Canada to go home, but I dunno if I am going to use it now, or hold onto it for next fall... we'll see I guess...

When I am home for the summer, we should definitely all hook up for a couple sessions and some drinks or something though!

rookiebldr
01-18-2003, 07:58 PM
Shankerr,

Thanks for the info on the gyms. I knew about the one Goodlife in the mall. I believe my brother and sister-inlaw belong to the Harbour Club. They only visit the cardio and squash / racketball, so they really had no idea what the weight area looked like. So I wasn't really sure if there was any others. I'll let you know when I'm in Belleville after April and if it works out for you then great, let's lift those heavy weights. Hmmm, April, gives me some time to increase my poundages some before we lift together esp. since yours have really been increasing of late.

Mik,

You're right 40mins is not that far, so I'm sure we can work something out. However, I actually get to Kingston more then Belleville. When I'm there and can fit it in, then I usually workout at the fitness place in the Frontenac (sp?) Mall. Small, slightly older equipment, dark and a bit dingy but I get in for free due to an association with my gym. Anyway, I'll PM you the next time I'm going to be in Kingston to see if you're available.

Shankerr
01-18-2003, 11:51 PM
Hey, your brother and sister in law play squash at HC?? Mind telling me what their names are? I might know them, I've played squash there for years! First name and I'd probbaly know ;)

Darcy Tucker
01-19-2003, 01:53 AM
what's up shane...keep up the good work with your lifting...... i'm going to switch up my cutting phase..instead of making it for cuba in march i'm going to make it 3 months..... it was a bit to stressful on my body.. it can't be a good thing if i'm always hungry. i don't have enough muscle to willingly lose any....

MonStar
01-19-2003, 07:15 AM
Standing BB: 65x12 95x10 115x9 115x3 superset with simul. standing DB 35x7 85x8:

WOW Shank, looks intense as hell. I was just scrolling through your journal trying to check out your workouts and I am very impressed. Supersets always worked well for me. 115 for 9 reps is GREAT BB curling strength. More than I can handle, thats for sure. Good job man.

Mik
01-19-2003, 07:41 AM
Mik,

You're right 40mins is not that far, so I'm sure we can work something out. However, I actually get to Kingston more then Belleville. When I'm there and can fit it in, then I usually workout at the fitness place in the Frontenac (sp?) Mall. Small, slightly older equipment, dark and a bit dingy but I get in for free due to an association with my gym. Anyway, I'll PM you the next time I'm going to be in Kingston to see if you're available.

Sounds good Rookie. I know the place. Lemme know next time you're down and we can hook up

Shankerr
01-19-2003, 10:26 AM
Chris: Sounds like a good idea to me. I always find that I dump too much lean mass if I try to speed things along too much, which is not good! Besides, if you work hard at it starting now, you'll still look ace by the time you go away anyway!

Monstar: Thanks mate! I've been trying to get my workouts as intense as possible lately. I have found it to be working as well. I think I'll give it about another month of high volume, maybe two months, then go back to my regular (lower) volume training. The whole high volume thing is just an experiment, but it seems to be working nicely for me! As for the BB curls, I have found that my weights have been moving up on that on a regular basis, which I'm not complaining about at all!!

Today is just for cardio and maybe a bit of forearms. Nothing too exciting. I'm planning on about a 1/2 hour run on the treadmill, and then coming home to do some work...

Yesterday was shoulders day. I forgot my journal at home, so i don't have the weights written down, but heres the excercises I did..

DB Shoulder Press x 5 sets
Upright Rows x 4 sets
Side raises x 4 sets
Front raises x 4 sets
DB shrugs x 3 sets

nothing too exciting, but had a good pump in the shoulders. I always like the pump on shoulder day, makes me look alot wider, hehe. I have naturally pretty wide hips, so I have been trying to really add some beef to the delts to increase the taper.. seems to be working.

Shankerr
01-19-2003, 10:31 AM
Oh, and diet for yesterday consisted of...

Morning: 6 eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop whey, 2 tbsp PB, water, vitamins

Mid morning: 1 cup rice, 1 can tuna, 1 tbsp low fat mayo, water

Lunch: 2 cups rice, 8oz steak, water

Mid aft (post workout): 2 scoops whey, water, creatine, malt

Dinner: 2 chicken breasts, 2 cups rice, water

Later: 1 can pringles and 6 peanut butter cookies................. the cheat weekend continues in fine form :D

Pre-bed: 1/2 tub cottage cheese (about 1 cup or so)

not bad overall. I had selected this weekend as my cheat since I had been a good lad overall for the last while.. Anyway, its over now, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are enough for me, and even outta that, i really only demolished one meal out fo the day ;) So, now I am back to regular diet for an indefinite amount of time, maybe another three or four weeks till I feel like I want another cheat weekend!!!

Shankerr
01-19-2003, 01:26 PM
ok, theres some dude in the cemetery across the road from my apartment building running laps around the lanes between the graves... I dunno, but does anyone else here find that a bit weird??? He's been doing it for like a half hour now... hes all dressed like a typical skinny running lung, tights, one of those funky jogging coats, toque and what not.....

i find it kinda odd......

BennettBoy
01-20-2003, 05:58 AM
Oh, and diet for yesterday consisted of...

Morning: 6 eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop whey, 2 tbsp PB, water, vitamins

Mid morning: 1 cup rice, 1 can tuna, 1 tbsp low fat mayo, water

Lunch: 2 cups rice, 8oz steak, water

Mid aft (post workout): 2 scoops whey, water, creatine, malt

Dinner: 2 chicken breasts, 2 cups rice, water

Later: 1 can pringles and 6 peanut butter cookies................. the cheat weekend continues in fine form :D

Pre-bed: 1/2 tub cottage cheese (about 1 cup or so)

Overall your diet looks great Shane. You have great discipline, especially being a student in school.

Like me though, it appears you struggle with the junk food as long as it is in the house. Eat it all NOW and get it out of there LOL.

Shankerr
01-20-2003, 06:50 AM
haha, thats exactally my philosophy on junk as well :) I only buy it for cheat days/weekends 'cause if its in the house any other time, I'll tend to snack on it a bit here and there, which as we all know is no good for anyone ;)

Shankerr
01-20-2003, 07:17 AM
OK, so I managed to miss the early bus to class, so I guess I'll pull my old tricks, take the later bus, and walk in about five minutes late to my first class... oh well, its like a 25 minute walk, and its cold as hell outside, so I think I'll sacrifice.... And besides, it gives me a chance to make a quick post in my journal to cover the last few days ;)

I'm always a day behind.. soo, heres yesterdays diet, roughly

Morning (at like 1pm): 6 eggs, oatmeal, 1 scoop whey,2 tbsp PB, water, vitamins

Mid morning/afternoon: 2 cans tuna, 2 slices WW bread, 1 tbsp mayo

Post workout: 2 scoops whey, 10g creating, 30g malt, ALA, water

Dinner: 2 chicken breasts, 2 cups rice, water, 1 slice bread

Later: 1.5 cups rice, cheese

Before bed: 1/2 tub cottage cheese, water, vitamins

Nothing too exciting, I didn't roll my a$s outta bed until almost 1pm, so my day was shortened. I went to bed again around 11:30, so I had a quite short day overall! I was at the gym for about 1.5 hours total though, I did about 25 mins on forearms, 20 mins on the treadmill, and then played some squash for the rest of the time. It was fun!!

Anyway, today, as I mentioned, I missed my bus, so I am gonna be a few minutes late for class.. Oh well.. SO basically, I managed to roll outta bed at about 9:00, showered and ate one meal.. I also prepared the dry stuff for my mid morning shake on campus :D

This morning, I had 4 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, 3 slices cheese, water, 2 tbsp PB, vitamins

Mid morning will be: 2 scoops whey, 10g creatine

Thats as far as I have gotten so far! I'll try to post the rest later on

rookiebldr
01-21-2003, 09:29 PM
ok, theres some dude in the cemetery across the road from my apartment building running laps around the lanes between the graves... I dunno, but does anyone else here find that a bit weird??? He's been doing it for like a half hour now... hes all dressed like a typical skinny running lung, tights, one of those funky jogging coats, toque and what not.....

i find it kinda odd......

Well, when I had g/f in Toronto, we used to go for walks in the cemetery but never running. But, I've always hated cardio.

MonStar
01-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Diet looking good Shank, crazy dedication man. I have absolutely no dedication at all when it comes to diet, lol.

Shankerr
01-22-2003, 07:13 AM

Well, when I had g/f in Toronto, we used to go for walks in the cemetery but never running. But, I've always hated cardio.

haha, walking can be cool, check out all the ancient stuff in a cemetery and what not, but for some reason, i can't see myself running laps through the paths, when theer are perfectly good sidewalks just waiting to be ran on, hehe

Originally posted by MonStar

Diet looking good Shank, crazy dedication man. I have absolutely no dedication at all when it comes to diet, lol.

Thanks mate, diet is usually one of my stronger points. I can manage to cheat every now and then, but for the most part, its pretty solid

BennettBoy
01-22-2003, 07:15 AM
We are still waiting for the pics Shane. :rolleyes:

Shankerr
01-22-2003, 08:23 AM
haha, i am still waiting to take those last few on the camera though ;) Should I wait and take them when the cycle is complete, or just take them of some stupid **** now and give at least some progress pics?? I'll probably do the latter :) maybe tomorrow I'll take 'em in so i can pick them up on the weekend

Shankerr
01-22-2003, 08:49 AM
Ok, just for Bennett, iw ent and snapped the last few pics, soooo, now I can take them in to get done and hopefully get some decent pics up soon!

BennettBoy
01-22-2003, 08:55 AM
Ok, just for Bennett, iw ent and snapped the last few pics, soooo, now I can take them in to get done and hopefully get some decent pics up soon!

You did the right thing :D

I just need to know when I should start my cycle :eek:

j/k

Workhorse
01-22-2003, 08:58 AM
Haha... Craig, leave the poor boy alone...lol... haha j/k

Can't wait to see the pics Shane.

Mik
01-22-2003, 09:46 AM
Yeah, get those pics up here!

Shankerr
01-22-2003, 04:46 PM
I'm gonna send a link to the pics to you guys first via PM, you can let me know what you guys think before I go posting them to the public ;) I'm a bit shy posting pics of myself half naked, hehe

*** That's so wrong.

Miss Rezza
01-22-2003, 05:07 PM
Awwww, don't be shy!!..... :evillaugh

They'd better be a link in my PM box, otherwise there will be trouble Mister!!! :indian:

BennettBoy
01-22-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Miss Rezza
Awwww, don't be shy!!..... :evillaugh

They'd better be a link in my PM box, otherwise there will be trouble Mister!!! :indian:

Just send them to Renee. We trust her judgement. :angel:

Shankerr
01-23-2003, 10:10 AM
haha, ok Renee, I'll send a link to you as well :) You can give me another point of view... I am just heading out here in a few minutes to drop of fthe film, so I'll hopefully have them back by the weekend.. Also, I am gonna scan a few picstures from a modelling job I did a few months ago, they're nothing special, but I think they're kinda cool lookin! I couldn't reach aroudn to take a shot of my back by myself, but my back is in one or two of the pics I am gonna scan..

Yesterday's Training

OK, so yesterday was back day. I left my lil black book at home again, so I'll just post the excercises I did without specific weights, cause i cna't really remember them as such...

1 arm DB rows x 4 sets
t bar rows x 4 sets
lat pulldowns x 4 sets
sldl x 2 sets (very very light weights)

I am still having some tenderness in my lower back, so I am a bit sketchy on hittin back too hard (anything that antagonizes lower back in particular), esecially with having to sleep on my goddamn residence bed I have in my place... I am feeling good today though, I plan to give it about another week before I start doing deads again, just to be good and sure..

Yesterday's Diet:

Morning: 6 eggs, 3 slices cheese, 1 honey bran muffin (which I made myself, eat your heart out!), 1L water, vitamins

Mid morning: 1 chicken breast, 1 cup rice

Lunch: 1 chicken breast, sweet potatoes

Mid aft (post workout): 2 scoops whey, water, creatine, malt.

Diner: 2 scoops whey, water, creatine, detour bar

Night: 1/2 tub cottage cheese, honey bran muffin

not a bad day diet wise, but I really don't like having two chemical meals in a row like that.. I'd ratehr alternate at least between solid foods and chemicals if I can, however, yesterdays dinner had to be eaten in the middle of german class (3 hour lecture) just beacuse of the timing of it.. so I couldn't very well break out chicken and rice and all the lot of it, so a shake and a detour bar had to do..... Oh well, doesn't happen often ;)

Today

Well, today I woke up late, and had to kind of rush thru things.. as such, breakfast was rushed, and I skipped the eggs this morning, however, i tried to make up for it! I had a couple shaker cups already prepared with all the powders in them, so I grabbed one and a bar and a muffin, and ran out the door.. Once I got to class, i fired up the bar and muffin, and filled the cup, and had a delicious breakfast in the middle of accounting class ;)

Morning: detour bar, 2 scoops whey, water, creatine, muffin

Mid morning: 1L milk, 2 cups rice, 8oz steak

Lunch: 2 chicken breasts, yams

Mid aft (planned, post workout): 2 scoops whey, malt, creatine, water

Dinner (planned): 2 cups rice, 2 cans tuna, 2 slices bread

Night: 1/2 tub cottage cheese, vitamins

Todays Training

Today is shoulder day, I have to go get my hair done at 2pm, so after that, I am gonna head right to the gym (hair place is on the way to the gym) Hopefully gonna be a solid session today, I've been putting some real consideration into my delts lately, so hopefullytoday will be a good burn!

I'll post about it later/tomorrow, and I have already put my journal into my gym bag, so I won't forget it this time!!!

Ciao

Shane

PS. I'll also be hopefully dropping those pics off so we can all laugh at me by the weekend, hehe

Workhorse
01-23-2003, 10:43 AM
Diet is lookin' good Shane... and about the pics... I know EXACTLY what you mean!! Everyone here offered their criticsm kindly and had some great motivation when I post mine last week. Keep up the great work!

BennettBoy
01-23-2003, 11:01 AM
I left my lil black book at home again.

Is this the book you keep all the chick numbers in as well? Haha.

I had a couple shaker cups already prepared with all the powders in them, so I grabbed one and a bar and a muffin, and ran out the door.. Once I got to class, i fired up the bar and muffin, and filled the cup, and had a delicious breakfast in the middle of accounting class ;)

Does everyone like think you are a freak or something for eating all that protein during class LOL?

I have to go get my hair done at 2pm

Haha....hair done? You mean cut hehehe, or are we doing the bleaching thing. tuttut

Workhorse
01-23-2003, 11:31 AM
Haha....hair done? You mean cut hehehe, or are we doing the bleaching thing. tuttut
I think he's doing the retro-mile high boufannt thing!?! :D

Mik
01-23-2003, 12:07 PM

Does everyone like think you are a freak or something for eating all that protein during class LOL?

I know everyone in my office thinks I'm a freak cuz I'm either mixing some sort of "strange" powder or eating all the time!

rookiebldr
01-23-2003, 03:38 PM
1 arm DB rows x 4 sets
t bar rows x 4 sets
lat pulldowns x 4 sets
sldl x 2 sets (very very light weights)

Why did you do sldl on a back day? I usually reserve these for leg day since they hit the hammies more.

About the pics, it is very motivating to have them up for all to comment on and based on your first pic and your current size/BF%, I can't imagine that these won't show all the good progress that you've been making. Besides, you're Canadian, how bad could they be!

Mik
01-23-2003, 08:17 PM

About the pics, it is very motivating to have them up for all to comment on and based on your first pic and your current size/BF%, I can't imagine that these won't show all the good progress that you've been making. Besides, you're Canadian, how bad could they be!

WillKuenzel
01-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Don't so shy about posting your pics. Reading over you journal you've made just some awesome progress. Those pics will show it too whether you can really see it or not. Keep up the hard work and let us know when you get those pics scanned up.

Shankerr
01-24-2003, 01:18 PM
haha, then its settled, I shall definitely post the pics ASAP. Apparent;ly it takes two days for them to put them onto a CD, so it should be like the first of next week when they get up!!

Craig: The black book.. hmm, well this one is just for training, I keep all the numbers in my palm pilot and cell phone. hehe, i don't use either of those two devices for anything other than storage of contacts anymore ;)

The protein thing in class, I get some funky looks, thats for sure. My accounting prof made fun of me the other day, and he also now calls me big guy or big shane when he refers to me in class, hehe. My microeconomics prof singled me out in a class a handfull of times last term to ask what the hell I was shaking up, it was kinda hilarious!! I don't mind though, its just kinda funny more than anything.

I think I do have to stop saying "getting my hair done" or "going to my hairdresser" I do get made fun of for saying that too... No bleach this tie, i do it in the summer now and then though... I got some highlights now, but thats it.. Gotta maintain that pretty boy image I guess, hehe. Ahh well, my hairdresser is hot, so thats all that counts :)

Shankerr
01-24-2003, 01:20 PM
oh, and with the SLDL, I just did them the other day with back in order to stretch the lower back a bit, nothing serious at all, thats why I only did miniscule weights.

Shankerr
01-24-2003, 01:34 PM

Besides, you're Canadian, how bad could they be!

Good point Rookie, us Canajians do have a reputation for being dead sexy, don't we ;) Speaking of which.. I went out with some of teh boys for a few hours last night to the SMU campus pub, it was a pretty good time, looooots of nice sexy Canada Grade A girls too all over the place, hehe. I mean... I would never say such a thing......:angel:

Shankerr
01-24-2003, 04:20 PM
Just did some forearms and abs. today is my off day for lifting, so I just stretched out the 'ol forearms with a few sets of wrist curls, and did some leg raises and crunches for abs.. not overly exciting at all...... blah blah blah, I'm kinda tired, so I'm gonna make this post a quickie. Diet today was good, a tad dehydrated, so I got about 7 litres of water into me today in total, and still goin! I keep three 2L pop bottles full of water in my fridge, plus a small 1L thing I take to the gym, and one of those Brita thingeys.. emptied them all today, and I am starting to feel better. I was also feeling like electrolytes might be a bit down, so I mixed gatorade powder into about 3L of that.... feelin good now though!!!

Diet has been good today, pretty much the same as every other day this week, no spectacular changes!

Anyway, I'm off, shower, then nap, then going out for a little tour. No drinking at all though, only water!! I promise!!

ciao

WillKuenzel
01-24-2003, 10:28 PM
Geez that's a load of water! Drinking that much water could probably upset your electrolytes a little. I always get atleast a small amount of gatorade each day. Tends to help quite a bit.

No drinking at all though, only water!! LOL, yeah I say that every time too.

rookiebldr
01-25-2003, 05:25 AM
Just did some forearms and abs. today is my off day for lifting, so I just stretched out the 'ol forearms with a few sets of wrist curls, and did some leg raises and crunches for abs.. not overly exciting at all...... blah blah blah

Maybe I should take a year off, go back to school and then I could lift every day - even on my off days! You certainly have the dedication. :cool:

Shankerr
01-25-2003, 08:49 PM
University kicks ass!! I have so much time to kill, and I have no access to any of my other passions really (except girls, hehe) so lifting is it, I can really focus on it! I'd say take a year off work, go to school for some one year course, and then you can bust in teh gym!! hehe

Shankerr
01-25-2003, 08:51 PM
and just think, I still have years anf yeard of school left, so hopefully I can be a complete genetic freak by the time I am done, hehe

Maki Riddington
01-25-2003, 08:58 PM
[B]I'm gonna send a link to the pics to you guys first via PM, you can let me know what you guys think before I go posting them to the public I'm a bit shy posting pics of myself half naked, hehe

B]

*** Hmmmmm.....

Shankerr
01-26-2003, 10:21 AM
haha, does this mean Maki wants a link too?? ahh hell, I may as well just post them in the open if I am gonna send the link to half the board, hehe. I'm gonna go pick them up tomorrow, because like everything else in Nova Scotia, the place I took the pics is not open on Sundays. Hopefuly they'll be ready, adn I'll get them up tomorrow night or tuesday or wednesday.. soon anyway!

Just off to the gym now, I'll post my routine, etc later on!

Shankerr
01-26-2003, 10:27 AM
hey, I just saw that Maki inserted a comment up at the top ;) I'm not sending naked pics like some members, that would be kinda wrong, hehe, I'm sending some pics of my trying to pose and look tough while holding the camera, I think they'll be kinda humorous actually!

Don't worry, none of them will even resemble "Pierre" and his other "WBB Hot Bod" friends!

Shankerr
01-26-2003, 12:32 PM
haha, I just thought that I would post this...

New #1 way to get rid of someone who is annoying you.... (specifically a girl)

OK, so I have this girl that has been buggin the hell out of me lately, she won't take no for an answer, and I'm just not interested.. Sooooo, I got out of the shower about twenty minutes ago, did an injection, and brought all my stuff back, vial, syringe, pins, swabs, etc and put them on my desk to get out the containers for all of it.. Anyway, a knock comes to my door.. who could it be? this goddamn annoying girl. Walks in, and is liks "hey, whats with all that ****??" I just looked up at her, and said "well, its all the stuff I use to inject sustanon with" she's like "what is that? for diabetes or something?" I'm like "no, its actually a synthetic testosterone, its a steroid." After this, she just left, so I am thinking that this peoplem might have just been solved, hehehe :D

So, if ever you need to get rid of a girl fast, just go buy a syringe and some swabs and leave them lying around helter skelter, at which time she'll run and hide, hehe

ps. I still haven't gone to the gym yet today, I decided to do some work first, going at about 5:30 or 6pm or so!

Ciao

Mik
01-26-2003, 12:42 PM
LMAO!!!!
Problem solved Shane!

rookiebldr
01-26-2003, 08:50 PM
Doesn't she realize that this will only make you huge beyond belief!!! She should be waiting for you to grow before her eyes!

lol.

Maki Riddington
01-27-2003, 10:43 AM
Oops, I meant to quote you not edit your post.
Sorry.

Shankerr
01-27-2003, 12:14 PM
haha, no worries mate, its not like you made it profain or made it say "I Love Belial" or something, hehe.

Rookie> Never know, she'll probably think of that later and come back to harrass me again... I really shoulda told her that it was for my heroin habit or soemthing, that woulda scared her off for sure!!!!

Shankerr
01-28-2003, 09:16 AM
Yesterday was chest day, felt good overall, workout is below... i weighed in at just over 222lbs (222.5 maybe, the needle wasn't quite on 223) yesterday, which is all good! Gonna hopefully hit 225 soon!!

Diet yesterday was solid overall, no cheating. I went to see Darkness Falls last night with a friend of mine, scared sht sh*t outta myself! I brought a Detour bar to the movie, he thought I was a huge geek for doing that, but oh well!

I was feeling just a tad weak on the flat DB presses yesterday, but its all good.. Not sure why that would be, all the rest of my lifts were OK......

Chest

Incline DB: 60x12; 75x10; 90x9; 90x6+75x10; 75x7
Flat DB: 75x8 100x5; 100x2+75x7 75x5
Incline flyes: 45x10; 55x10; 55x10; 55x8; 55x4+35x7; 35x10; 35x6
Low cable flyes: 30x12; 50x12; 50x8; 30x8

When I got there, it was prime hacker time, so basically all the dumbells between 0 and 50lbs were taken, then a few pairs between 60 and 80...... for the entire goddamn time i was there :( Thats why I had to keep doing flyes with the 55's, cause the next step up was 85 at that time, and I didn't figure I could pull that one off effectively ;) Sooo, I just threw in a few more sets and concentrated on getting good deep reps in! gave an incredible burn too!

Went to see that movie last night, got in at about 11:30 and went to bed, slept till 8:45 this morning, felt nice to sleep a bit longer! Had some dreams about the damn tooth fairy coming into my room and ripping me apart after seeing that movie, hehe its kinda freaky, and I'm not usually one to get scared at movies at all!!

Sleep: Around 9 hours
Weight: 222lbs

Ciao

Shane

BennettBoy
01-28-2003, 09:18 AM
Good deal dude. 222. ARGH...I hate you LOL.

Shankerr
01-28-2003, 09:28 AM
haha, I guarantee I got alot more fat on me making up some of that weight than you do though!!! :)

Mik
01-28-2003, 10:29 AM
222? :omg:

Good work man!

Shankerr
01-28-2003, 01:37 PM
I think I am about to have 'roid rage on the earphones for my MP3 player...

that is all...

Mik
01-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Roid rage is baaad mmmm'kay! lol

Miss Rezza
01-28-2003, 03:25 PM

Just a friendly reminder........

Shankerr
01-28-2003, 04:40 PM
hahaha :) I was just gonan watch an episode of South Park too, now after seein that, I think I shall ;)

Renee: The pictures will be ready Thursday at 3:30 apparently... accoring to the 'lil thing they gave me today when i went to see if they were done, sooooo, you shall have a note in your box shortly thereafter..... only if they turn out OK......

WillKuenzel
01-28-2003, 10:53 PM
Holy crap! 222lbs. Sounds like things have really paid off. Are you going to try and cut when you finish your cycle or are you going to try and maintain for awhile?

rookiebldr
01-29-2003, 09:17 AM
Yesterday was chest day, felt good overall, workout is below... i weighed in at just over 222lbs (222.5 maybe, the needle wasn't quite on 223) yesterday, which is all good! Gonna hopefully hit 225 soon!!

Well done on the gains, Shane. Keep up the eating man and grow.

When I got there, it was prime hacker time, so basically all the dumbells between 0 and 50lbs were taken...

What, You didn't throw your weight around, push the hackers out to the way as your saying "go find some sand box to play in, you ****ers are much to small to be working out here with the BIG boys"? <flex> :D :D

Shankerr
01-29-2003, 12:00 PM
What, You didn't throw your weight around, push the hackers out to the way as your saying "go find some sand box to play in, you ****ers are much to small to be working out here with the BIG boys"? <flex> :D :D

I might try this tonite if they are packed in like sardines again. I'll pull a toque down over my ears and wear a goon shirt and scare things away... :)

Workhorse
01-29-2003, 01:39 PM
Shane, looks like you're kickin' ass and takin' names! Keep up the great work. You gonna cut after you're done your cycle? Looks like you're doing well. Wouldn't mind seeing some pics of ya to see how you've progressed!! Good job!!

Shankerr
01-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Pic Update:

Tomorrow is the big day for me to go pick them up, finally! If they turned out good, I'll post them to the site, if not, then I'll at least post them to my private site and give you guys a link to check 'em out!!

I think that post cycle, i am gonna wait for about four weeks after the clomid and all is done to make even the slightest change to my diet/training.. At that point, I'll probably cut downa bit.. not alot, I might stretch it over two months to drop 5-10lbs just take it good and slow and what not!!

Mik
01-29-2003, 06:50 PM
*tapping foot waiting for pics*:redface:

Shankerr
01-30-2003, 04:08 PM
Alright, so this is the preamble to the picture posting ;) First, I am pissed 'cause only 8 of 20 some odd pictures turned out, three of those were of me at home over Christmas, and ya ain't seein those, hehe, too incriminating! One is of my mom making a turkey and one is of me lying in bed beside my "supplement store" So basically, there were only three that turned out that are worth while, and one of me being an a$s in the kitchen making muffins that I'll post... The one of me in a black shirt is from about a month or so pre-cycle, and the other one is of me like 4 weeks or so ago....... In the one from 4 weeks ago, I look like a total goon, hehe, I was just leaving to go lift, so was in full goon attire, hat and all, hehe... anyway, without further ado....

Shankerr
01-30-2003, 04:13 PM
Making Muffins :) Trying to look as gay as possible while doing it....

ryan1117
01-30-2003, 04:14 PM
First, I am pissed 'cause only 8 of 20 some odd pictures turned out....
I'd say it is time for a digital camera!:)

Shankerr
01-30-2003, 04:14 PM
OK, here is an oooold bicep shot from the side.. umm, I think its kinda self explanatory.. This one had been on the camera for a long time, a while before I started my cycle...

Shankerr
01-30-2003, 04:15 PM
OK, heres one of me trying my hardest to look like a good, probably a month or so old... I am probably around 213lbs in this pic.. Its kinda dark, but i think ya'll get the general idea!

Shankerr
01-30-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by ryan1117

I'd say it is time for a digital camera!:)

haha, I think so too! I had one, sold it like a year or more ago, and now I want it back :( Oh well, I am shopping around for one!!

BennettBoy
01-30-2003, 04:18 PM
:eek: Damn boy...if you were 213 in that picture and you now weigh 222, you are one large mofo.

Looks like you are built well Shane.

Good job!

Shankerr
01-30-2003, 04:18 PM
oh yeah, if you make fun of me, I'll kick ya squah in da nuts!

Shankerr
01-30-2003, 04:22 PM
Thanks Craig :) Not sure of my exact weight, but I know I was under 215 in that one, so I am guessin between 210 and 213 somewhere...

Workhorse
01-30-2003, 04:23 PM
Lookin' large for 210/215... I'm weighing about 210 right now, and damn, I don't think I look like that...lol... Keep up the good work buddy!!! :thumbup:

*puts on "cup" and makes fun of Shane :D

WillKuenzel
01-30-2003, 04:47 PM
Looking huge dude. I don't see what you were thinking. I wouldn't have no shame at all and posting my pics looking like that. Nice job!

Shankerr
01-30-2003, 04:54 PM
Thanks guys! The support is appreciated!

As far as not wanting to post the pics, I am just shy though, thats all :)

Miss Rezza
01-30-2003, 07:40 PM
WOW!!! Lookin' Great Shane!! :nod:

I didn't realise you were soooooo freakin' H U G E!! :eek: LOL!!

Nice work tiger! :thumbup:

LMAO @ your "makin' muffins" pic! :p

Mik
01-30-2003, 07:48 PM
Shane you're freakin' large man! Lookin' good.
If you were smaller I'd say something about that muffin shot but...er...um...yeah lookin' good mate!

Shankerr
01-30-2003, 09:13 PM
Hey, check out the supercool retro yellow counter tops in the muffin pic too! God our place is a hole......... The appliances (which unfortunately I have no pictures of) are a nice shade of green to match!!

rookiebldr
01-30-2003, 10:39 PM
As has already been said, you're a big dude there Shane. Now I see why your pushing the big weights. It will be great to see what the last few weeks on the sauce has done for you.

Oh, that muffin pic, totally totally ghey! :D :D *also puts on cup*

Shankerr
01-31-2003, 03:51 PM
I weigh 225lbs even

that is all :D

Shankerr
01-31-2003, 05:37 PM
OK, so I guess I should post todays stuff. Today was shoulder day, and I had a helluva workout!! I just finished doing my last shot of sustanon for this cycle two minutes ago, so for the next couple weeks, its just winstrol, then into clomid three weeks from tomorrow!

Some stuff I have noticed about the winstrol (been on it for about two weeks now):
Its made me a bit irritable, I had no problems with this on just the sustanon, but after adding winny, I have noticed that I have gone off the hook a few times, which never happens with me at all, and over stupid stuff.. Like the other day the earphones my MP3 player wouldn't stay in, I had to keep puttin them back in, and I just about lost it! Another time, this kid in my calculus class was talking about me at a volume I could hear (discussing some **** I had been doin' the night before at the bar, I guess a guy I was with nailed his girlfriend a few weeks ago) and giving me dirty looks (I don't like this kid to start with, he's a bit fo a prick) and I just about lost it right in class, I actually stood up to go over to him, and I had to force myself to walk out of the room instead.. again, not at all characteristic of my usually incredibly docile, laid back self!

Other than a bit of rage though, its treated me well! I have really hardened up alot and shed alot of water, and I have actually packed on about 7lbs in two weeks, which I think makes it worth its cost!

Anyway, that is all, gonna run winny right thru till clomid starts, and then I'll be done with this lil experiment!

Shoulders

O/h DB Press: 65x12 80x8 80x4 65x12 65x7
Upright Rows: 90x12 115x12 130x5 90x12
DB Laterals: 25x12; 35x12; 35x4 + 25x6; 25x10 + 20x5; 25x8 + 20x8 + 15x5
DB Front: 30x12; 35x8; 35x4 + 30x7

Thats it for today, ran intervals for ten minutes after this, and came home!

Diet: Clean today, but not so much for the rest of the night.. Going over to Sarah's place, and shes making my white chocolate cookies, and we're gonna have some wine, hehe... :cool:

Anyway, I'm outta here, ciao

As I stated before, me weight for today is 225lbs!!!! :D

Shankerr
02-01-2003, 10:36 AM
hmmmm, so the space shuttle blew up over Texas eh..?? Yet another sad day in a long chain of them for North America.... My feelings go out to the families!

Shankerr
02-01-2003, 04:33 PM
OK, so last night I didn't wind up going to Sarah's place, she got held up at work last night and had to go in again early this morning, so I am going tonite instead.. Just got in from the gym, did 1/2 hour or so of abs and cardio, nothing too exciting, but today was supposed to be my day off anyway...... *ahem*

Oh well, so....

Training

Abs and Cardio, about 30-45 mins total

Diet

Super clean today so far. Like I said last night though, Sarah is making me some cookies and we're gonna have some wine, so i think my clean streak will end here shortly!!

breakfast (11:30am): 6 eggs, 3 slices cheese, 2 slices bread, 2l water, vitamins

Mid afternoon: 8oz steak, 2 cups or so sweet potatoes, 1L water

Later aft: 1 can tuna, relish, 1 tbsp low fat mayo, 2 slices bread, water

Dinner: 2 scoops whey, water, malt, creatine, 1 cup rice

After: detour bar

Later tonite: white chocolate macadamia nut cookies (home made,mmmmmmmmmmmmmm) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm my favourite!!!!! and a bottle of wine....

Before bed (if I'm not to hammered to remember, I don't handle wine to well...): 1/2 tub cottage cheese

I know I shouldn't be drinking at all, 'cause my liver is otehrwise occupied at the moment, but 'tis a rare occasion these days, and I'll just take more ALA and milk thistle tonite and tomorrow to make myself feel better about it, hehe

Thoughts

Went tanning today, felt sooooo nice, the girl that works there, as usual, is rude as hell, but shes like that to everyone, so I don't feel alone in the matter! The guy offered me some more sustanon at a deep discount this afternoon, so I am playing with the idea of extending my cycle another five weeks.. I don't think it'd be such a good idea.. but cheap drugs + probably another 10lbs make it damn tempting.... Oh well, we shall see I guess...

Tonite I am going to Sarah's place to take part in the debauchery (ie. wine and cookies) that I was gonna partake in last night.. Should be fun. Matt and the boys asked me to go out with them tonite, so we'll see... maybe I'll slip out to the bar later on for a little bit.. who knows I guess......

I have a tonne of homework to do between now and when I leave, and again tomorrow. Four assignments (german, economics, commerce and rocks 'fer jocks.. ie geology) and a test due this week alone.. Oh well, I am sure I'll survive, I work best under pressure!!

I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again, even though I don't like to admit it... being single is starting to really get old.... ahh well, I still have my fun I guess :D

That is all

Ciao

BennettBoy
02-01-2003, 05:53 PM
You are 22. Single is a good thing at age 22. Unless you just mean you want a girlfriend, I vote for staying single. I like doing WHAT I WANT haha. Just find you a f$ck buddy. :eek:

Shankerr
02-01-2003, 06:06 PM
bwahahaha :) f*ck buddies can be a good thing :) I mean just like a girlfriend, someone to have around and things, nothing overly serious at all, but someone who at least cancels the need to be always lookin for girls and things, hehe

I do agree though, settleing down at my age is a bit much.. Maybe when I'm 30 or so I'll start thinkin like that!! Who knows!

Shankerr
02-02-2003, 11:53 AM
well, I'm a little pissed today.. I got stood up last night, and i don't take well to that at all :mad: :swear: :swear: :soapbox: :soapbox: outnumber :shoot: :mad:

Anyway, so basically, I'm a bit pissed still.... I HATE it when someone does this to me, its so fu*kin rude!

Anyway, so today si chest day.. I jsut got in from playing soem squash ths morning. I am gonna do soem work, and go lift at about 5:30 or so, so I';ll post my routine and diet sometime after that

ciao

Shane :cry:

Shankerr
02-02-2003, 04:44 PM
Alright short and sweet tonite 'cause I gotta shower and do some serious homework!!!!

Did chest tonite, great burn and pump, consisted of flat and incline DB's, again a touch weak on the flat (I think its 'cause I do heavy inclines first for five sets, and am a tad burned out) next time I am gonna switch and do flats first to see if that helps any.. Following this, I did some nice heavy incline flyes, and low cable flyes.. Chest is lookin good, real nice pump tonite..

Diet is clean tonite, actually, its been good all weekend seeing as how the "cheats" that I had planned never transpired (fackers) Oh well, I guess its better for me anyway!

This week is gonna be tight, lots of work to do, but I think I'll still have more than enough time to get in some serious sessions at the gym, I'l just hafta practice some good time management skills I guess!

One final though... I got a sunburn yesterday in the tanning bed, and I have come to realize that training chest (or I guess anything else really) that requires you to press a severly sunburned back into a hard bench with considerable force, is not a good idea.... Hurt like hell!!!!

anyway, I'm off for now! at least I'm in a better mood now that I was this morning, and alot better than the mood i was in last night ;)

ciao

Shane

BennettBoy
02-02-2003, 05:08 PM
Bye Bye Sarah. Don't call again. That is all.

:D

Shankerr
02-02-2003, 08:25 PM
bwahahahaha, Craig, I have a feeling that you may just be a tad bit more evil when it comes to girls than you let on... Then again though, maybe I am too...... :angel:

Darcy Tucker
02-03-2003, 01:30 AM
I'm telling you.....forget that girl and go for the drunk ones instead Shane...;) You'll be happy to know that my journal is now in actual progress.

Franjipani
02-03-2003, 02:39 AM
I vote for staying single. I like doing WHAT I WANT haha. Just find you a f$ck buddy. :eek:

*lol*

Yeahh surrrrrre Bennett :p

Ohh errr another Squash player........ great way to alleviate all frustrations if you ask me;). Ohhh and Chocolate is overrated anyway Shankerr;).

Shankerr
02-03-2003, 05:43 AM
Squash is such a good way to alleviate some stress!! Just go in and pound the hell outta the ball ;) Plus its a good cardio workout if you can play someone who is at your same level!!

As far as chocolate goes, I do agree, its wayyy overrated.. I didn't want those cookied anyway.. :cry: OK, so maybe I did...

Shankerr
02-03-2003, 12:42 PM
Whats with this Halsel prick.?.? Ever since we were pokin at him in the supplements forum, apparently he's been all bitter with me.. I mean, come on, grow up.. I get a PM from him today, which states...

oil
Shankerr
The Point of that was to show you MRM is based on what Athletes need not what Casual Dieters want. This guy (udo)writes for Muscle Media FFS, bwahahahaha.

"clean 2:1:1 ratio of EFA's which is better than most other oils.. thats why I use it...."

Who Told you this? Udo Erasmus?

" and you do get what you pay for most of the time..."

So go buy some MuscleTech Then man.

You sound exactly like the person you were descibing when you started bitchin at me. And no you didnt hurt my feelings, your just a typical canadian jerk.

And Also, Way to instigate rookiebldr!

Do a search to find out what fabulously good and cheap oil I use if yas want, I see no reason in helping any of you out.....then go ahead and flame my oil once you know what it is.

Wow, now that was mature.....
:ninja: :scratch: :ninja:

Mik
02-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I saw it in the supps forum. I think it's been taken down now but not after him getting some flack for the comments.

P.S. I'm going to PM you so I don't have to publicly call you a jerk in your journal. Oh crap, I just did! j/k:D

Shankerr
02-03-2003, 01:25 PM
bahahaha, jerk.. I mean :)

haha, I just noticed that you're using that quote from Rookie in your sig, very nice!! I have it as my ICQ away message now :)

Shankerr
02-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Arms day today. Good god there was a beast of a lad in the gym today! He plays on teh SMU football team, hes a good half foot taller than me, which would make him somewhere around 6'8" I don't know what his weight would be, but I can imagine he'd be well pushing 350 without alot of trouble, and probably abound 15-18% from the look of him... Big lad, he was doing skull crushers with about 205lbs with no sweat at all!

Anyway, so good arms day! I didn't bring my journal, so i don't have an exact record of the weights and what not, but heres what I did..

Arm Day

Biceps:

3 sets standing alternating DB's to warm up a bit
4 sets standing BB curls
4 sets incline DB simultaneous curls
3 sets 1 arm DB preachers

Triceps:

4 sets skull crushers
4 sets pushdowns
3 sets weighted dips

Diet

Diet today was nice and clean overall...

Breakfast: 6 eggs, 1 slice oat bread, 1L water, vitamins

Mid morning: detour bar

Lunch: 2 scoops whey, 10g creatine, water

Mid aft: 2 chicken breasts, 2 cups rice

Post workout: 2 scoops wher, 30g malt, 10g creatine

Dinner: 8ox steak, 2 cups yams

Later: 1/2 tub cottage cheese

Thoughts

Good day today, I didn't get quite enough sleep last night, as I was up a bit later than I though polishing up an assignment that was due today. I had it done a few days ago, and just wanted to do a bit of reformatting.. Anyway, I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist, so I didn't get to sleep till around 3am, back up at 8am... However, I pulled one of my famous lunch time naps on campus :) If I am tired like that, there are quite a few buildings on campus that have all kinds of couches arranged as lounges, so I just go, find a free couch, cover up with my jacket, set the alarm on my phone and crash for an hour or so.. Today I had an hour and ten minutes between two of my classes, and boy, did I make productive use of that!! :D

Anyway, stil toying with the idea of extending my cycle a bit.. I have about another three days to decide for sure, or it'll be too late to catch it... Right now, I am leaning towards not, but we'll see, still weighing out the cost/benefits.

Anyway, for tonite, I am gonna just do some homework for about two hours, watch some South Park, and crash I think!! Nice early night. I might slip over and do some grocery shopping quick too! We have a 24hr grocery store right across the street from here, so its nice and convenient!

I am currently reading the book Elective Affinities by Goethe, interesting book.... I have managed to read some very interesting novels and novellas this year.. Not sure why I posted that, but oh well..

Oh one last thing, we have this Friday off... Like 150 years ago, some dude donated a pile of money to our university, so they gave him hsi very own holiday, hehe. so basically, my weekend starts Thursday at 11am!!!!! can't wait :D

k, outta here, shower time

ciao

Shane

Shankerr
02-03-2003, 04:30 PM
ps. I decided I am holding off on dating for a while now... Girls have been too much of a pain in the ass for me over the last months, so i am gonna chill and just hang for a bit... Pay some attention to myself I think!

I say this now, but we'll see how long it lasts! hehe ;)

WillKuenzel
02-03-2003, 08:49 PM
ps. I decided I am holding off on dating for a while now... Girls have been too much of a pain in the ass for me over the last months, so i am gonna chill and just hang for a bit... Pay some attention to myself I think!

I say this now, but we'll see how long it lasts! hehe ;) LMAO, yeah, it always starts that way and then it hits you when you are least expecting it. There comes a certain point at which you might start thinking about the other one person but you should always think about yourself first. Most of the time I'm pretty selfish but I've found I'm happier that way. It all works out in the end and it builds character.

BennettBoy
02-04-2003, 05:43 AM

I say this now, but we'll see how long it lasts! hehe ;)

OK, looks like you have been schooled by all these chicks that KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME! I think it is time you paid a visit to sosuave.com so you can learn how to become a Don Juan. :D

You need game my friend......GAME I TELL YA. :D

Shankerr
02-04-2003, 09:06 AM
haha, i think I am gonna take HY's advice and become a selfish bastard who plays girls for the fun of it :D

Actually, I can become a bit of a playa at times, but its always when I try to calm my ass down and be a good boy that things happen, and i get pissed and go right back into playa mode......

oh well..

I am on SoSuave.com right now, and I must say its rather disturbing... yet somewhat incredibly useful at the same time, hehe

Shankerr
02-04-2003, 09:18 AM
1000th post.. Some son of a bitch reset my post count from 1010 or so to 998 after i was tlaking about making my 1000th post eysterday, I guess they though they were bein a wise guy.. nyah nyah nyah.. anyway, this is once again, my 1000th post...

Shankerr
02-04-2003, 06:17 PM
OK, so todyaw as back day. I am slowly incorporating some movements again that involve some lower back movement. I am a bit stiff right now after doing this, but i am going to take it easy tonite and get lots of sleep! Hopefull that'll take care of the stiffness..

Training
Back

T Bar rows: 2 plates x 12; 3 plates x 8; 4 plates x 3.5 2 plates x 9
Barbell Rows: 135x12; 225x8; 225x7
Deads: 225x10; 225x9
Seated cable rows: 135x12 150x12 165x8 135x10
DB Shrugs: 80x12 100x10 120x5 100x6+80x6

nice feeling goin on in the back tonite, like I said, my lower back is a bit stiff, nothing major, I am sure that it'll work itself out over tonite!

Diet

Breakfast: 6 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1 slice bread, handfull of Ritz crackers, vitamins

Mid morning: 2 scoops whey, 2 cups milk, glutamine, creatine

Lunch: 2 cups rice, 1 can tuna

Mid aft 2 scoops whey, malt, creatine, water; about 15 pringles

Dinner: 2 cups ground chicken, 1.5 cups rice

Later: 1/2 tub cottage cheese

Anyway, had a few crackers and some pringles in there today, but nothing major, tried to keep it lowkey, hehe And once again, i am totally out of junkfood, so my diet shall be totally clean for another few weeks at least :)

Anyway, I'm off to eat, ciao

BennettBoy
02-04-2003, 06:51 PM
Your diet looks great and so does your workout. Stick with it mate!

Shankerr
02-04-2003, 08:12 PM
thanks brother, gonna try to keep it goin! hehe, less the junk food preferrably!!!!

Maki Riddington
02-04-2003, 08:59 PM
Nice mass you have going on there. I love it when I go out prepared with all my shakes and bars. It makes me feel like real bodybuilder.:)

Darcy Tucker
02-04-2003, 11:19 PM
Easy on the ritz Shane...... that's kind of funny you ate them today...i had an unopen pack and ate a handful... They are so good when you are on a diet. Very high calories though. You had better be home or at least in ontario come springtime. I want to go quinte bassin' really badly.

Darcy Tucker
02-04-2003, 11:20 PM
The dimestore fisherman provoked my fishing urge.

Franjipani
02-05-2003, 05:23 AM
haha, i think I am gonna take HY's advice and become a selfish bastard who plays girls for the fun of it :D

:eek: tuttut .... that will get you nowhere and FAST !!!

Congratulations on your progress !!! Just saw your pics... you look great !!! and well HUGE :thumbup:

Lol@ cheeky muffin shot..... too cute!!!

If you ask me, that chickie that stood you up must have rocks in her head ;).

Shankerr
02-05-2003, 07:27 AM
haha, i agree Frani, I don't think I am really gonan get like that at all.. I am sure that soner or later (probably sooner) my concience would eat me alive!!!

Thanks for the compliments too ;)

Maki> I feel the same way, when I leave with my book bag half full of shaker cups and bars, it just feels like its gonna be a good day!! hehe Makes me feel like I'm doin something decent for my body at least :)

Alright all, off to class, tonite is shoulders! My favourite! hehe

ciao

Workhorse
02-05-2003, 08:03 AM
Strength is really lookin' good Shane. Looks like the cycle did some wonderful things for you!! ;) Keep up the hard work, I'm amazed at your progress, great job!! :thumbup:

Shankerr
02-05-2003, 11:33 AM
Thanks alot :) We'll see what happens when the therapy is all over and things, thats when I'm gonna really make my opinions!!

Darcy Tucker
02-05-2003, 11:43 AM
Shane does you ignoring my post mean you don't want to go Quinte bassin'?

Shankerr
02-05-2003, 07:57 PM
no, I don't want to be seen in public with you Chris :D

Just kiddin, actually, I missed your post alltogether somehow.... Whenever you want to go, come on down! Just supply some rods and the time, and I'll be more than glad to take ya out on the Bay!! I usuallly start bass fishing about the second week of June.. *check the Ontario season* hehe, so if you want to do a lil pre-season warmup with me around then, come on down, or wait for season to open the last Saturday of June, any time after that, we can go for sure! Just let me know when, I'm always up for it.. however, i think I am gonna be out of town alot of weekends for tournaments, but we can work something out!!!

Shankerr
02-05-2003, 07:59 PM
So, Sarah is pretty pissed at me, something to do with my journal.. I forgot that she reads it from time to time... not sure if its the drug use, or the fact that I was ranting on about bein pissed off...... hmmm....

Maki Riddington
02-05-2003, 08:01 PM
Lol, busted!!!!

Miss Rezza
02-05-2003, 08:04 PM
So, Sarah is pretty pissed at me, something to do with my journal.. I forgot that she reads it from time to time... not sure if its the drug use, or the fact that I was ranting on about bein pissed off...... hmmm....

Whoopsy!! :redface:

:hello: Hi Sarah!

Shankerr
02-05-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
Lol, busted!!!!

bwahah, I know, eh! I guess thats the hidden downside to having a journal with so much incriminating evidence in it though :)

WillKuenzel
02-05-2003, 09:03 PM
LOL, just tell her you were talking about another Sarah.

BennettBoy
02-06-2003, 07:15 AM
No, better yet....tell her if she hadn't stood your a$$ up that she wouldn't have to be pissed off about the fact that you were pissed off. :D

WTF is she pissed about? She's the one that was WRONG if you 2 had plans and she dissed you.

Women......pffffft. ;)

BennettBoy
02-06-2003, 07:16 AM
No, better yet....tell her if she hadn't stood your a$$ up that she wouldn't have to be pissed off about the fact that you were pissed off. :D

WTF is she pissed about? She's the one that was WRONG if you 2 had plans and she dissed you.

Women......pffffft. ;)

Oh yeah, and you damn right I wanted you to see this Sarah. :p

Don't do my bro like that again. tuttut

Workhorse
02-06-2003, 07:45 AM
Craig's bein' the man and steppin' up to protect our boy...

*crowd chants* Craig! Craig! Craig!

Shankerr
02-06-2003, 11:12 AM
yeah!! Keep it up Craig, I need someone to step to the plate for me sometimes, hehe!! Thanks mate :D

Shankerr
02-06-2003, 05:17 PM
OK, so the most random thing just happened to me at the gym... I gotta run, but I'll fill in the blanks tomorrow, lets just say that I am about to break the rule that I set for myself the other day...

And today was supposed to be my off day, so for anyone that is totally against being within the four gym walls on an off day, eat your heart out!

rookiebldr
02-06-2003, 05:53 PM
Ah, found a hot number to go out with by any odd chance?

Shankerr
02-06-2003, 10:54 PM
haha, well, I just got home.. what an odd evening.. Rookie is right on the money, except for she found me instead. I was at the gym today, walking to the water fountain, and this girl whom myself and all my mates were always checkin out stepped out in front of me, I couldn't hear her 'cause I had earphones in, and just thought she didn't see me or something.. I had never talked to her before, so I didn't figure she meant anything by it at all.... anyway, she started talking to me out of nowhere, we chatted for like twenty minutes or so, and she asked me to go for drinks with her tonite.. Which I did :) Overall, it was a solid evening! I had always thought that she was one of these typical cutie gym chicks that was a bit rude or whatever just from the way she looked, but she is actually a real sweetheart! Anyway, long story short is that we're goin out again later this weekend! That is all for now, cause I'm kind of drunk! I have no classes tomorrow, so I'm gonna go shower, watch some southpark, and hit the sack!!

Ciao

WillKuenzel
02-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by HomeYield
LMAO, yeah, it always starts that way and then it hits you when you are least expecting it.

she started talking to me out of nowhere, we chatted for like twenty minutes or so, and she asked me to go for drinks with her tonite..

I called it folks! :D :p

Miss Rezza
02-07-2003, 05:25 AM

*heartbroken*

Seriously, congrats dude!! :D

I totally agree with HomeBoy.... the minute you decide you're gonna enjoy livin' tha single life is the minute ya hook in!!

Go figure!?! :scratch:

BennettBoy
02-07-2003, 05:41 AM
Good deal mate! Sounds like this one is better than Sarah anyway :D

Miss Rezza
02-07-2003, 05:45 AM
Good deal mate! Sounds like this one is better than Sarah anyway :D

LMAO!! Craig, if Sarah does read this, she probably doesn't like you too much that's for sure! :p :p

Workhorse
02-07-2003, 07:27 AM
LMAO!! Craig, if Sarah does read this, she probably doesn't like you too much that's for sure! :p :p
Probably? I think that's the understatement of the century...lol ;)

Congrats on the girl Shane...good luck. :D

Shankerr
02-07-2003, 10:00 AM
haha, thanks all :) Homestly though, that has to be the most random way I have ever been asked out before, it was like truly out of nowhere!! Now that I'm a bi more sober, I must say that HomeYield is teh man for calling it!! haha, so soon though, eh? I was just wrapping my head around not being interested in girls for a while, and what happens... Its not like Sarah and i were like even really dating and what not, more like hanging out or whatever, but oh well....

I do have to agree that Craig is probably now officially on Sarah's "list" if such a thing exists, hehe, but oh well, he was stickin up for me!! and thats all that counts, thanks mate!

Oh, and Renee, don't worry, this doesn't change my plans to move to Oz.... *wink*

Shankerr
02-07-2003, 10:21 AM
Anyway, i guess my routines for yesterday were pretty standard.. It was supposed to be my day off, but I went in and did a few sets of incline flyes and a bunch of ab work. I am gonna try this flye thing the day before chest to see if a touch of pre exhaustion, followed by a good period of rest before the real workout does anything.. Today is chest day, so basically, I did a bit of pre-exhaustion work yesterday in prep for todays heavy chest work.. gonna give it a few weeks and see if I notice any difference..

Diet for yesterday was good, save for the drinks and a chocolate bar that I had. other than that, pretty standard. I think I am going to cut tuna out for a few weeks though, I am starting to get sick of it again. Any suggestions to a new meat I can add. I was thinking extra lean ground beef.. I am surrently eating chicken breasts, steak, ground chicken and tuna for meat, so if I cut out tuna, I'll need something to fill its spot!

Shankerr
02-07-2003, 10:40 AM
One more thing, weight was 226 yesterday afternoon after my little session!

I also went sunburning again yesterday, and I didn't burn that bad!!!!!!!!! I got some funky lines though that start at my traps, and extend doen my back, over my ass, and right down the back of each leg.. looks weird! they're like a pair of about 3/4" thick lines, dead straight, all the way down the entire backside of my body, hehe. gonna hafta figure out how to rectify this I think!

BennettBoy
02-07-2003, 11:14 AM
I think I am going to cut tuna out for a few weeks though, I am starting to get sick of it again. Any suggestions to a new meat I can add.

Yep, go buy a turkey breast and cook it on a Sunday and you can eat off it all week long.

I'm going to buy one tomorrow and do the same thing. Just buy one of those oven bags to cook it in and you will be good to go.

BennettBoy
02-07-2003, 11:18 AM
:hello: Hi Sarah! Oh, by the way, now that Shane found him a new gal....you want to go out with me? :D

Shankerr
02-07-2003, 12:51 PM
bwahaha, Craig, you're f*ckin hilarious :) I'll pass your number her way, hehe

I think I am gonna do the turkey breast thing, I just added it to the grocery list ;)

Shankerr
02-07-2003, 02:56 PM
OK, so me being the cullinary geious that I am, I just made some oatmeal muffins with chocolate chips in them... However, I used hot water to make them... hot water + chocolate chips = chocolate mess muffins. I think I have just come up with a whole new muffin recipe :) who woulda thought that hot water would have melted all the chocolate chips..??

Miss Rezza
02-07-2003, 02:57 PM
Any suggestions to a new meat I can add.

There's a great recipe for "slow cooked squirrel" in the recipes section!! :thumbup:

Just a suggestion.

Shankerr
02-07-2003, 03:01 PM
squirrel, eh? I think I's a might just go check that one out I reckin' I's a like goin a huntin squirrel, lil critters always gettin inta my tractor an' things!

rookiebldr
02-07-2003, 04:50 PM
I think I have just come up with a whole new muffin recipe :) who woulda thought that hot water would have melted all the chocolate chips..??

That was rhetorical, right? ;)

Shankerr
02-07-2003, 07:47 PM
haha, yes, yes it was :)

WillKuenzel
02-07-2003, 08:28 PM
That turkey idea is a really good idea. I may just have to do that myself. I'm glad I read through these other journals.

Shankerr
02-07-2003, 09:45 PM
Interesting trip to the gym tonite.... Its snowing like mad here, got about 4" of new powder so far I guess.. Anyway, Halifax has a thing of now plowing their streets till they damn well feel like it for some reason, so on my walk to the gym, I saw one accident happen, and another come within mere millimetres of happening, and I only live about a ten minute walk away!! The accident that actually took place, some guy was being a prick, came up to an intersection doing about 50km/h only giving himself about 50ft to stop, basically slid right thru his stop into traffic and got t-boned. That was interesting. The other accident that didn't quite happen; some guy came around a corner in a truck, pinned it to make the back slide around a bit, lost control, hopped the curb and missed a telephone pole by a hairs width, he may have actually hit it, but just not hard enough to bounce back.. Anyway, he got the hell outta there fast. I was about 40ft away from him, and by the time I got to where it had happened, he was already gone :D

Also, when I left the gym to come home, it was snowing just hard enough to make a mess, so by the time I got home, I looked like Frosty The Gym Whore Snowman! Ahh well, its gotta get warmer sometime....... I hope....

Training
Chest

Incline DB: 55x12; 75x10; 90x7; 90x4; 75x8
Flat DB: 60x10; 75x9; 90x5; 75x7
Incline flyes: 45x12; 55x10; 65x8; 65x4; 40x12
Low cable flyes: 40x12; 55x12; 55x5; 40x7

Diet

Diet was clean today, I didn't record exactally what I ate, but it consisted of eggs, chicken, rice, steak, whey and such, just like normal. I am eating a tub of cottage cheese right now before bed :)

Thoughts

Interesting few days I have had. Had the day off school today for Munro Day.. Some old guy named Mr. Munro donated a pile of cash to the school, but the school only gets a payment of so much once a year, on the first Friday of February, and they only get it if the school gives all the students the day off. I guess some old guys donate to get a residence or library named after them, this guy did something more useful, in that he bribed the school into giving us a day off, hehe

Had alot of fun last night. We are going to watch a basketball game tomorrow night as well, then out dancing after that. Should be alot of fun! So far so good, not only is this girl gorgeous, she also seems like a real sweetheart!

I was supposed to go on a bus trip with all the other commerce geeks tonite, but it got cancelled 'cause of the snow. Basically what we were going to do is all pile onto buses, about 200 of us in total, and drive out of the city to one of the little tiny towns about a half hour or so away. We go to an unknown smalltown bar, we all pile into the place, and try to drink it dry! The bar has no idea that we are coming, and the organizers don't tell any of us exactally where we're going so we can't call ahead or anything. Basically the bar can't prepare for it or anything, we just go in and desimate the place, hehe. I guess last time they did this, they showed up at the bar, and there were like three old drunk guys sittin there drinking whiskey at the bar, and all of a sudden 200 students pile in. They managed to drink every drop of liquor in the place, then left and came home, hehe. I thought it was gonna be alot of fun, too bad it got cancelled :(

Anyway, I am sitting here looking at an empty tub of cottage cheese, so this means its time for Shankerr to go to bed!! Tomorrow I am going to do some hamstrings/calves in AM and arms in PM, then go to basketball game, then to dancing, hehe.. Perhaps some homework in there somewhere, not sure yet.. Oh and grocery shopping.. Gotta get that turkey breast!!!

rookiebldr
02-07-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by HomeYield
That turkey idea is a really good idea. I may just have to do that myself. I'm glad I read through these other journals.

We're glad you do to. :)

Shankerr
02-07-2003, 09:56 PM
yes, we are glad that you stop in HY, adds some spice to things when there are comments in here!! Stop by anytime, I'll have milk and cookies waiting!

hehe

WillKuenzel
02-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Thanks rookie! :) Its great some of the things you learn and find out from others. LOL, for instance:

I was supposed to go on a bus trip with all the commerce geeks tonite, but it got cancelled 'cause of the snow. Basically what we were going to do is all pile on the buses, about 200 of us, and drive out of the city to one of the little tiny towns about a half hour or so away. We go to an unknown smalltown bar, we all pile into the place, and try to drink it dry! The bar has no idea that we are coming, and the organizers don't tell any of us where we're going so we can't call ahead or anything, so the bar can't prepare for it or anything, we just go in and desimate the place, hehe. I guess last time they did this, they showed up at the bar, and there were like three old drunk guys sittin there drinking whiskey at the bar, and all of a sudden 200 students pile in. They managed to drink every drop of liquor in the place, then left and came home, hehe. i thought it was gonna be alot of fun, too bad it got cancelled LMAO, why the hell couldn't our school have done something like this. That's just simply crazy. That sounds like loads of fun. What is the real reason behind it though? To help out the locals or what?

WillKuenzel
02-07-2003, 09:59 PM
yes, we are glad that you stop in HY, adds some spice to things when there are comments in here!! Stop by anytime, I'll have milk and cookies waiting!

hehe Milk and cookies! I'm there dude!

No, chocolate chip muffins? ;)