PDA

View Full Version : Might as well...

bob2624
11-03-2002, 08:54 PM
Well, I never really keep track of any of my workouts, just my max lifts, and I am always so annoyed that I am not tracking my progress so I might as well start a journal. I will probobly stop this in about two days, but I will try to keep it going.

Right now I am 16 years old, 5'10" and weigh 153lbs.

Here is my schedule thus far (exercises not ordered):

Monday- off

Tuesday- BB Press, Lat Pull-down, Incline BB Press, Flies, Incline Flies, DB Press, Incline DB Press, Skulls, Close Grip BB Press, Floor Press (At least 2 liters of water during workout and Dextrose, Protein and Glutamine post workout)

Wednesday- Squats, Leg Press, Calf Raises, Straight Bar Curls, Seated Rows, Upright Rows, Weighted Wide Grip Pullups (At least 2 liters of water during workout and Dextrose, Protein and Glutamine post workout)

Thursday- Deadlifts, Reverse Hypers, Power Cleans and Presses, Front Shoulder Raises, Shoulder Presses, Reverse Crunches (At least 2 liters of water during workout and Dextrose, Protein and Glutamine post workout)

Friday- off

Saturday- off

Sunday- off

I understand that my schedule is exremely unorthodox and many will probobly criticize it for having so many exercises in such a few days that are so close together. My schedule, however, is limiting because I use the school weight room so I can not go on weekends and I work monday and friday so I can not stay after school. I see fairly good gains with it so I plan to keep it for a while, but if something else comes along, I am sure I will take the opportunity. :)

Chris Rodgers
11-03-2002, 09:16 PM
Good luck with it. Really try and stay with it because a journal is very important for tracking progress. That routine has more exercises than I would reccomend. Where on the Island do you live? I'm out in Suffolk County.

Franjipani
11-04-2002, 01:29 AM
Good luck:thumbup:

bob2624
11-04-2002, 04:08 PM
Thanks, I know it is more exercises than most people would recommend, but if I do any less, I feel like I had a bad workout. Overloading myself has worked well for me in the past so I am gonna stick with it until I find something better.

Latman, I live in Massapequa, where in suffolk are you?

bob2624
11-04-2002, 05:02 PM
Well, to continue, got about 4 hours of sleep last night because of some stomach problems at 3 oclock in the morning... so sleep didnt go too well.

Monday is an off day so i didnt train at all although I am planning to go stretch for about 20 min in about a half hour, but we will see if that actually happens.

Can't wait for tomorrow's workout... I feel so weird when I take a week off.

Gonna try for 8 hours of sleep tonight.

bob2624
11-04-2002, 09:05 PM
Guess who didnt do his stretching tonight!... sleep now...

bob2624
11-05-2002, 06:06 PM
Well, today I tried something new. I tried one of those ladder deals, but it didnt turn out exactly the way I expected...

Read somewhere that you are supposed to ladder with 65% of your max lift(230) so i tried 150lbs.... here's what i did:

Flat Bench-
150 lbs
ladder to 7
ladder to 5
ladder to 5
decided that this was going to take too long
160lbs
ladder to 3
ladder to 2
ladder to 1

Altogether my flat bench alone took me 45 min with 68 reps...obviously, I have to adjust something...

Next, I went to the Lat pull-down:
70lbs- 15 reps
90lbs- 10 reps
120lbs- 8 reps

This was no problem for my lats and they could have done much more but for some reason the pain in my forearms was unbearable for any longer... I will have to find out what the problem there was too...

Next came Floor press... here I tried a ladder too:
145lbs
ladder to 6
ladder to 4
ladder to 3
ladder to 3
150 lbs
ladder to 2
ladder to 1

On to incline BB press where I attempted a ladder as well.. this one sucked though:
140lbs
ladder to 2
ladder to 1
Luckily I dispise incline bench so I dont really mind.

Skulls next... I am not sure how much the curl bar weighs so I measure the weight in the bar plus the weight(+x):
+30- 8 reps
+30- 6 reps
+30- 6 reps

Next I did flat DB press:
40 lbs- 6 reps
40 lbs- 7 reps
40 lbs- 6 reps

Last comes the incline DB press:
30 lbs- 6 reps
30 lbs- 8 reps
30 lbs- 8 reps

Altogether I had a fairly good workout, next week I will adjust the weight on the ladders and try again...

bob2624
11-07-2002, 09:01 PM
Garbage squat day yesterday...

Started with some box squats:
175 lbs
5 reps
5 reps
3 reps

Leg Press(I can't leg press at all...)
225 x 10
275 x 10

Front Squats:
135 x 10
135 x 8

Wall squat:
1 minute with 25 pounds
1 minute with 25 pounds

At this point, I collapsed... MY LEGS ARE SO WEAK!!!

bob2624
11-07-2002, 09:05 PM
Today I was exhausted... I need alot of sleep....

Anyway, started off with 3 wrestling matches in a competition with my homeroom... sadly, I lost one of them... I ended up in 3rd of 12... booo!!

Then I continuied to the weightroom... still exhausted.
Deadlifts-
6 reps
6 reps

1 rep
1 rep

6 reps
6 reps
6 reps

Power cleans and presses
1... too tired and dehydrated

Once again I collapsed... I was extremely dehydrated and too tired... I need sleep!!!!

Franjipani
11-07-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by bob2624
Once again I collapsed... I was extremely dehydrated and too tired... I need sleep!!!!

:eek: Drink dammit !!!