PDA

View Full Version : Metamorphosis

Jane
11-04-2002, 06:56 PM
"I'm not crazy 'cause I take the right pills...every day"
--Jimmy Eat World

I'm ready.

Past
Moving out of this house fell through because my chief supporter backed out on me. I was planning to start my new journal there, when I would be able to relay all of my adventures in learning to manage a household while attempting to uphold lifting, diet, and a hardcore academic/extracurricular load. Alas, the overflow of the laundry machine and the kitchen fire incidents will have to remain somewhere in my future. Shame, really. I was really looking forward to that fire, because it would be MY fire, in MY kitchen, with MY frantic neighbors rushing and screaming behind me as I gaze lovingly, silently upon MY creation.

Present
Anyway, I feel that I am prepared for anything at this point. School load, peer problems, family issues, tsunamis, whatever. I can take it. And not only can I take it, but I'm determined to take it, shove it, set it on fire, and hurl it out of my window through stampeding elephants into a frigid break in the space time contiuum itself. F*ck obstacles. Nothing stands in my way.

Future
Metamorphosis is not meant here as simply a physical change. I'm yearning for change on many different levels, many different planes. Where I may fail in diet one day, if my personal relationships exceed all expectations, I will be successful. If I fail intellectually one day, but perform fantastically in the gym, I will be successful. In other words, eating donuts and failing tests is negated by refraining from throwing my sister out the window and bench pressing a whole bunch. :nod:

And so, I'm ready. Vote for me. Wait, wrong thing. Damn election year. Uh...join me. Because I'll make it worth your while.

Wait. Damn. That sounds sexual. Ok, join me, because....I have good taste in music. Ok, no. Join me because....my life is exciting. Ok, NO, definitely not. Join me because my entries are fascinating and will enrich your mind, stretching the limits of your imagination beyond all conscious boundaries. Damn, that doesn't work at all. Ok...Join me because.....I can write in complete sentences.

Sometimes.

Accipiter
11-04-2002, 07:02 PM
:spam: SWEET I"m FIRST!!

Accipiter
11-04-2002, 07:03 PM
You can do this hun, I know you can. Just try not over thinking it for once :)

Franjipani
11-04-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Jane
In other words, eating donuts and failing tests is negated by refraining from throwing my sister out the window and bench pressing a whole bunch. :nod:

*lol*

Your journal entries alone enrich the lives of others;)

_-_v_-_
11-04-2002, 07:36 PM
How's the college ap. process going, btw?

It's hell, I know...

ectx
11-04-2002, 07:45 PM
F*ck obstacles. Nothing stands in my way.

Yet more quotable Jane. I dig the new journal. Seriously, you are a very eloquent young lady.

Jane
11-04-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by _-_v_-_
How's the college ap. process going, btw?

It's hell, I know...
Uh...WHAT college ap process? :D

It's one of the things I hope to bring into the light in the near future. Please feel free to get on my back about it, because I could use the ass kicking.

Don't pretend you didn't read that, all of you. If I don't mention college application progress after this weekend, YOU'RE ALL OBLIGATED to take a good running start and punch me in the face.

I believe it was the ancient Native American proverb that said "It takes a community to raise young Squirrel-Face," or something along those lines. So, community, if anyone else besides -V- and Belial want to volunteer to give me feedback on my college essays, please contact me. I could use editors, comments, even a smiley face or something. The more people that read them, the more I'll revise them, and the better they'll be.

Jane
11-04-2002, 07:54 PM
Franjipani and ectx....Welcome to my humble abode and thank you for the housewarming gifts of compliments. Please proceed to the dining area, bathrooms are to your right. Don't step on the sleeping cat, it shrieks when you do that, thank you.

galileo
11-04-2002, 07:58 PM
My love for you is ne'er reciprocated. I die a hungry man.

Jane
11-04-2002, 08:15 PM
Does that mean you'll edit my college essays? :scratch:

:thumbup:

xraygirl
11-04-2002, 08:17 PM
Yo Jane!
*gives Jane swift kick in the a$$*
Get your college apps done! Now!

Okay, that is all...

Budiak
11-04-2002, 08:21 PM
I refuse to join these sicophantic ****holes.

Jane, if you quit, I swear to God I'll drive all the way over to whatever pit you live in, slap you, and then take you out to dinner to say sorry.

You'll thank me on your wedding night.

Jane
11-04-2002, 08:29 PM
Budiak...Quit? Quit what? Life? :scratch:

I've only drop-kicked a journal once so far. No need to monstarcize me yet. :)

_-_v_-_
11-04-2002, 08:35 PM
Hey! A new monstar-derived term! Add it to the list...ok, not the list, the other term...

Monstarpliment: n: A meaningless compliment, often found in the spammed-form, posted in the journals of the weak and strong alike, in the fashion of the WBB-member Monstar.

It's mine, baby...all mine! Mwa ha ha haha...

Budiak
11-04-2002, 08:41 PM
BRB guys, I gotta go Monstarbate.

Alex.V
11-04-2002, 08:50 PM
lol. Degeneration already.

Jane, what can I say. I'll be reading. And reading. And giving you a kick in the butt every now and then. I love the journal title, and I love the attitude.

WillKuenzel
11-04-2002, 09:00 PM
Good luck with it all Jane.

If you ever need another set of eyes to look over your essays I'd be more than glad too. I ain't the best by far but growing up in a house with 2 english majors(emphasis in creative writing and journalism) I've learned what I needed to know and more than I would have liked to know. Besides it'd give me something to do on these long worknights.

Again, good luck.

the doc
11-04-2002, 09:37 PM
welcome back Janie!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap:

I'd love to read your essays, I've written a few in my day
:study:

doct@wannabebig.com

the doc
11-04-2002, 09:39 PM
btw, you have your college apps,
I have NIH apps... :cry:

things really dont change much as you get older, but the forms get longer

Jane
11-04-2002, 10:11 PM
Awesome possum.

HomeYield and doc, thanks a lot for volunteering. I will contact you with some stuff to read....eventually.

Hopefully before the next Halley's comet.

Borgod Maxximus
11-04-2002, 10:25 PM
I will observe your progress.
I will scrutinise your lack of motorvation as has been so in the past.

Do not fall, fail or be sidetracked. That weakness will be easily preyed upon by life.

Engage.

Jane
11-04-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Borgod Maxximus
I will observe your progress.
I will scrutinise your lack of motorvation as has been so in the past.

Do not fall, fail or be sidetracked. That weakness will be easily preyed upon by life.

Engage.

Yes, SIR! *salutes*

Those words exude power and strength all on their own. Impressive. Leaving a bitter taste in the mouth, but lighting an enduring fire in the depths of the heart.

Kind of like Mexican food.

_-_v_-_
11-04-2002, 10:34 PM
You just started this and already have 22 posts...

*sulks, wishing he was as popular as Jane*

:)

Pup
11-04-2002, 10:37 PM
Jane...failure is not an option here, you've never failed at anything in your life, so i'm not gonna let you fail at this either...capiche!

Borgod Maxximus
11-04-2002, 10:39 PM
...and chatreuse?

My words is all you will have, it must be enough to pervey motorvation and orientation.

Jane
11-04-2002, 10:41 PM
Half of them are mine, V.

It's the result of having an AP biology lab to write up on osmosis, which I believe was covered in its entirety in kindergarten, which I never even attended. Which may explain why I am not sure if I spelled kindergarden right.

Part of this new journal is eliminating procrastination. Replying to people in my journal is apparently some new form of spending time that does NOT, by any circumstance, fall within the definition of "doing f*ck knows what when I should be working."

_-_v_-_
11-04-2002, 10:43 PM
Rationalization is a Good Thing (TM).

Budiak
11-04-2002, 10:45 PM
I think mine is the only journal that Belial never posts in.

But it is also the only journal that is nigh devoid of wokout log material...so I guess if thats all you care about I dont want you in my damn journal anyways!

BTW, all of these smilies really make me want to wretch. Cant anybody besides myself, V, and...uhhh....Myself use some ****ing words for a change? I scroll down the average journal and it is absolutely infested by little emoticons dancing, jumping, clapping...

So Jane, what'cha bench??

Borgod Maxximus
11-04-2002, 10:50 PM
I hear that Budiak

Maki Riddington
11-04-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
I think mine is the only journal that Belial never posts in.

*** No worries, he doesn't post in mine either.:(

_-_v_-_
11-04-2002, 11:07 PM
He posted in mine once. I think.

Jane
11-06-2002, 05:22 PM
Narcolepsy
I'm putting the sleep section of my journal first, even though this basic human need gets about as much attention from me as the dust bunny population propagating under my couch. 2 hours of sleep on Monday night, 7 hours on Tuesday, and three ten hour class/work/extracurricular loads make Jane a dull, drooly girl. My eyes are closing as I type this, at approximately 5:45pm.

Iron
This is actually yesterday's workout, but given the circumstances mentioned above, I didn't get a chance to update yesterday. How hardcore is that though, you hear? Two hours of sleep, and what do I do after school? Fight twenty minutes of traffic to go to the gym when I could be napping. Hardcore.
As some of you have already guessed, I am definitely coming back from a break, though, honestly, it was not a break in any sense of the word. *crashes into desk, snoring and making those little whistly noises with my lips*

Upper Body
DB Bench:
1-8@60
1-7@60
1-6@60
Pullups (with assist):
1-10@-70
superset 5@-70+3@-80+2@-90
superset 6@-70+3@-80+4@-90,5@-100
Dips (with assist):
1-9@-60
superset 5@-60,3@-70,2@-80
superset 4@-60,3@-70,3@-80,3@-90
Seated Row:
superset 5@70+3@60+2@50
superset 3@70+3@60+4@50+5@40

Food
*continues snoring*

Academia
*jolts up, startled* Right! Journaling! My short but cute friend Tim pointed out today that they spelled wolf wrong in Beowulf. Yes, Tim, and they also named each of the twenty million characters in the book the same f*cking name, all starting with H and followed by several dog barks. For example: Hrothgar, Halfdane, Hrethric, Hrothulf, Hygelac, Hygd, Hrethel, Hrothmund, Heremod. The sad part is that I actually didn't make any of those up.

I think it says something about our nation's educational system when I have a far better grade in AP Calculus BC than I do in Spanish. This may be due to the nature of Señora's nostrils, which frighteningly resemble those holes they drill in bowling balls.

Social Butterflying
I have defied the constraints of society. Torn myself from the shackles of cultural expectations. Rebelled against the very nature that brings cohesion to the world of high school.

I read a book during gym class.

Not just any book mind you, but Beowulf. And not just any gym class, but a class that exercises the mouths of sixty or so of my peers as we stand around outside, TALKING FOR FIFTY MINUTES. Now this is all fine and dandy, and yes, I understand that the gym is not built yet, and I do like people. I just don't like them enough to sit outside for fifty minutes in the middle of a Wednesday school day and work very hard at preventing myself from falling asleep on my acquiantance's shoulder and making those little drool stains on their winter jacket. F*ck that. I read my book, and felt damn good doing it, too.

Insane Asylum
You know that theme song from the Wayans Brothers show? "And we're happy and we're singing and we're colored...."
Well my house theme goes something like "And we're happy and we're fighting and we're Russian." This journal comes with a 100% guarantee that I will be able to rant about one of the million people we house here with each update. Fights range from minimal, to humorous, to extreme.

Today was a level 1--harmless and amusing. Parents, take note. The most appropriate way to deal with the pile of clothes collecting on your child's chair is to enter the room, pick up each item of clothing, and gently shove it on said child's head. Upon finding one's head within a pair of jeans and underneath four shirts, one will be forced to take action to remove said obstacles. Meanwhile, you can laugh, point, and take blackmail photos as child makes jean legs dance on top of head.

Music of the Moment
The "Distorted Lullibies" album by Ours, especially "Here is the Light" and "Sometimes."

Not Random Lyric
faintest snow keep falling. hands around your waist. nameless, standing cold. take in restraint like a breath. my lungs are so numb from holding back. walk close to the fence to feel it hit your clothes. turn and smile nice. smile say good night in a breath. simple discourse breaks you clean in half.
regret.
try it once and then you know. it's your move, settle for less again.

_-_v_-_
11-06-2002, 06:34 PM
What book?

Jane
11-06-2002, 07:33 PM
uh....Beowulf.

_-_v_-_
11-06-2002, 07:34 PM
I must have been the one person in the world who actually liked that book. What translation are you using?

Jane
11-06-2002, 07:40 PM
Not the new new one. The Burton Raffel translation. And I don't really mind the book as much as I....am tired of epic poetry. Just finished (and failed) 600 pages worth of The Odyssey, so as much as I do enjoy the escape Beowulf brings, with its tales of heroism and monsters, I would like some complete sentences and no people named Hruffpowerpuff thank you.

Borgod Maxximus
11-06-2002, 07:44 PM
Progress observed.

A satisfactory foundation.

the doc
11-06-2002, 07:45 PM
I had to memorize the damn prologue to beowulf when i was a junior... I like that old english

the doc
11-06-2002, 07:47 PM
what the hell kind of gym class is that?

Jane
11-06-2002, 07:56 PM
Gym class...ah gym class.

Every other day. Let me make myself clear. Every other day. That would be either three or two days a week, depending on how lucky I get and how many days of school I cut.

We walk, doc. Endlessly. Forever. Death march in sub zero temperatures around the entire 2-3 mile perimeter of the school property. Walk, walk, walk.....walk. And then, we sometimes walk some more. Often, we are able to whistle at the construction workers building the gym we're waiting for. Well, we COULD whistle, if my lips weren't BLUE AS THIS PAGE AND FROZEN TO MY TEETH.

Ah, gym class. Gotta love it.

Jane
11-06-2002, 10:08 PM
Progress observed.

A satisfactory foundation.
Thank you.

As eerie as this curt tone is, it is appropriately motivating. My old swim coach was like this...one was essentially afraid to perform at less than optimal.

But I still hate Mexican food.

Borgod Maxximus
11-06-2002, 10:19 PM
haha

even burritos?

Jane
11-06-2002, 10:25 PM
Even burritos.

Too strange a combination of tastes for me. Most mexican food seems like a whole bunch of back-of-the-fridge items chopped up, fried, rolled up in a cheapass thin piece of carbohydrate, fried, dipped in an eight ton vat of cheese, and double fried in a deep frying fryer.

Mmm, heart attack roll ups. Savor the goodness.

_-_v_-_
11-06-2002, 10:26 PM
Agreed.

Borgod Maxximus
11-06-2002, 10:32 PM
do you like KFC?

:D

_-_v_-_
11-06-2002, 10:43 PM
KFC:

Artery slickin' good.

i know, i'm lame

Franjipani
11-06-2002, 10:43 PM
Even burritos.

Too strange a combination of tastes for me. Most mexican food seems like a whole bunch of back-of-the-fridge items chopped up, fried, rolled up in a cheapass thin piece of carbohydrate, fried, dipped in an eight ton vat of cheese, and double fried in a deep frying fryer.

Mmmmm bubble & squeek springs to mind :nod:

Jane
11-06-2002, 10:45 PM
do you like KFC?

:D
Last time I checked, Kentucky was not in Mexico, but sure, you make sense anyway. Really.

I will admit that I am recognized among my peers as a die-hard chicken freak. But fried 'till the meat is indiscernable within the nine layers of bread crumbs/flour and a twelve hour soak in oil? Thanks but no thanks. If I wanted to eat fried flour, I'd go back to Russia.

Now that McDonald's has finally dropped the pretense that was "chicken" nuggets, what I really want is one of those fried chicken heads they're serving these days. Yum.

Jane
11-07-2002, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Franjipani

Mmmmm bubble & squeek springs to mind :nod:
Right. Bubble & Squeek springs would come to my mind as well, if I knew what the heck you were talking about. :)

Explain, por favor.

ectx
11-07-2002, 02:59 AM
Even burritos.

That's because you're eating Pensican Food...not real Mexican food señorita. No flour tortillas, no deep fried stuff, no yellow cheeses.

Chicken pleases me. Yum.

Budiak
11-07-2002, 03:35 AM
Mexican food makes Budiak happy.

I think the last6 time I got mexican food(at a restaraunt and not Taco Bell) was like two years ago. Its a damn shame, cuz its yummeh in me tummeh.

Sometimes I like to eat a taco while shooting zombies.

Paul Stagg
11-07-2002, 08:24 AM
Jane -

I'd be happy to look over anything you write. I'd probably be the better for it, so it's a somewhat selfish offer.

Don't over think this stuff, really. Your talent and intelligence will come through on a first draft of any essay you compose.

Do you know what schools, yet?

Jane
11-07-2002, 03:11 PM
Thanks a lot Paul, I very much appreciate it. Expect something this weekend.

Schools? A bunch that probably won't accept me. :) Namely, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Columbia, UPenn, Georgetown, Duke, Boston College, Boston University, and possibly NYU or Brown.

_-_v_-_
11-07-2002, 03:16 PM
Hmm...you must really hate the east coast.

Jane
11-07-2002, 03:21 PM

I can't afford plane tickets, I have no desire to surf or make movies, and all I really want to do is ski and travel. Europe is closer on this end. :)

Paul Stagg
11-07-2002, 03:35 PM
Good calls, all of them.

They would be lucky to have you.

I'm assuming your grades and SAT scores are excellent. If so, I doubt you'll have any trouble getting in to one of them.

xraygirl
11-07-2002, 03:50 PM
:withstupi

Saturday Fever
11-07-2002, 03:52 PM
Plus at Duke you can watch Belial deadlift 560 pounds. Well, and I guess they have a good basketball program as well. And I hear the education isn't too shabby either. :)

ectx
11-07-2002, 03:59 PM
Smarty. I'm sure you'll be fine. I know that there are about a billion people helping you with your apps., just thought I'd offer my services if you need them. You'll be a good catch for any of those ivy league punks....and what No MIT???!!!!?!!?...it's probably the only Boston school I like.

<-------not a big fan of East Coast schools.

Jane
11-07-2002, 04:25 PM
Thanks, guys.

Duke suffers from a severe lack of skiing and an extreme case of Durham. Belial's about the only thing they've got going for 'em. :)

No MIT. Technology and I don't mix. See programming notes below. Barley Barley.

I'm really really really hoping for Columbia. Really hoping. Really. Really not working on the app, but hoping all the same. :)

PowerManDL
11-07-2002, 04:34 PM
Hey Jane, starting a thread to get people to critique your college apps is a great idea.

But isn't this the wrong forum?

Jane
11-07-2002, 04:49 PM
Narcolepsy
I’m becoming a forced insomniac. An average of 4-5 hours a night all this week, culminating with a 3am wakeup call this fine morning to study calculus for two hours. Before Kimpy flames me, I do realize this is all my fault, and happily accept the fact that I simply work better in the wee hours of the night and/or morning. Whether this is because of my biological clock or the fact that no one is on AIM, I’ve yet to determine.

Iron
None today. I just couldn’t take a workout without catching up a little on my large sleep deficit. No big deal, Friday afternoons are perfect for leg days.

Food
1: 1.25 cup egg whites, 2 eggs, .5tsp olive oil, 1 tbsp ketchup
2: 5 oz tuna, 1 sweet red pepper, 3 tbsp ff dressing
3: 1 serving whey, 1.5cup skim milk, 1.5cup Kashi cereal
4: 1 serving whey, 1.25 cup egg white, 1 egg, 2 tbsp ketchup
Total: 1310
Fat: 28g-- 20%
Carbs: 106g--26%
Fiber: 21g
Protein: 173g--54%

Social Butterflying
…is costing me my programming grade. I think I write about 4-5 lines of code per class, which is still better than the 2 lines of code my friend copies from me. I can’t believe I have to do Qbasic work over a weekend, creating such enlightening programs as “The Friendly Averaging Program,” which, if the test scores it happily chirps out average out to a low grade, is eerily chipper. “Hello Bob! Your average is: 45. You’re failing everything! Have a nice day!”
I also get to predict output, which looks something like this:
4. The program will print, in GREEN font, “Hello Jane! What’s for lunch today?”
5. In and Out
6. Barley barley

Once again, the sad truth is that I am not making sh*t up. The Barley Barley problem was especially challenging.

Music of the Moment
“Bleed American” and “Get It Faster” by Jimmy Eat World. Very good, driven songs.

PowerManDL
11-07-2002, 04:51 PM
I can't believe they have you using QBASIC. Ick!

Paul Stagg
11-07-2002, 06:35 PM
I heard something on the news yesterday that teenagers are in a perpetual state of sleep deprivation.

Partially just the all the stuff they are trying to fit into 24 hours, and partly their biological clocks, which seem to be set to prefer going to sleep late at night and sleeping in.

GeneticallyGifted
11-08-2002, 12:13 PM
Jane, you should look in to Univ. of Chicago as well as Washington University of St. Louis. Both of these are great schools with a great following. You could even look into Stanford as well that is a competitor to the East coast Ivy league schools. Good luck with it all.

GG

_-_v_-_
11-08-2002, 01:35 PM
Stanford kicks ass!

(Not that I'm biased or anything...)

ectx
11-08-2002, 01:50 PM
Wash. Univ.of St. Louis Kicks Ass!

(Not that I'm biased or anything)

oh, and if you're brave enough to venture Texas, Rice Univ. is a great school. Not that you need any more choices...smarty pants.

Alex.V
11-08-2002, 03:22 PM
Duke kicks ass!

Not that you'd know. Since you haven't seen it.

d*ckhead.

;)

chris mason
11-08-2002, 03:30 PM
Jane, you should enjoy your youth and underachieve a little. You will have an entire adult life to overachieve, take it easy a bit now. When I was in school, I can count on 2 hands the number of times I lost sleep over schoolwork (intentionally at least). I studied as little as possible. I now work my ass off, but back then I trained, ate, and played (while taking a full load in college)

Reinier
11-08-2002, 03:30 PM
lot of big words in this thread....

<---- dummy

Budiak
11-08-2002, 06:53 PM
Narcolepsy
I’m becoming a forced insomniac.

I dont find this funny. At all.

_-_v_-_
11-08-2002, 07:04 PM
Nor do I.

Jane
11-08-2002, 10:06 PM
Uh, guys? That wasn't meant to be amusing. I am continually forcing myself to spend night after night hunched over my desk, and it's said in a perfectly serious tone.

I apologize if I offended anyone, because I most certainly didn't mean to.

Budiak
11-08-2002, 11:33 PM
Whether this is because of my biological clock or the fact that no one is on AIM, I’ve yet to determine.

I also dont think this is funny. In fact, its bull****. I'm ALWAYS on AIM, but you're never on. In fact, when you message me out of the blue, you dont show up on my IM buddy list...so what, am I blocked or some ****? I do not appreciate that.

Jane
11-09-2002, 08:06 AM
You're definitely not blocked, so no need to get mad at me for something I haven't done. Are you sure you have the right name and spelling? I'll PM it to you again. You show up on mine, and the whole point of that comment was to explain that it's a lot easier to get all my work done when just about everyone else in the world is asleep. I'm definitely always on...no need to call bull**** on me. Thanks.

kimpy225
11-09-2002, 12:11 PM
me? flame you? only by touching your bum jane ;) or staring at your..
oh geez anyways
i am glad you are back on track :)
i just want to clear one thing up
our gym is not done. im sure you all know about our high school splitting up and jane and i going to the new school
well the two wings.. (gym and auditorium) are not complete
and we need PE all 4 years... so.... we have to do something
there is really no room inside so we have to go outside
we do walk a lot yes.. but its not bad.. i mean normally there is a class called Fitness Walking.. :)
but anyways! we also do other things... dodgeball, hockey, tennis (with raquetball rackets haha), frisbee, and basketball
so i mean.... you will do a few of those before the gym opens

anyways. i saw jane yesterday :) she looked very pretty with her hair all done.. as for me on the other hand... i was ICE CREAM MAN! and LOTION MAN!
lol dont ask :)

love you jane :)

Jane
11-09-2002, 03:34 PM
:):nod::):nod::)

There. Now they can all have a party or something.

Love ya too, kimphead.

_-_v_-_
11-09-2002, 03:55 PM
Emoticon......overload....4AWERT@#$!@#%@#$&

*falls over dead*

ectx
11-09-2002, 05:29 PM
A smiley Cube...YIkes. I'm with Tits on this one...emoticon overload!

Jane
11-09-2002, 05:33 PM
That was very much the point.

In today's day and age, there are few things that are truly shocking. Consider the previous post a form of artisitic expression--ultrapostmodernistic expressionism via the smiley face.

ectx
11-09-2002, 05:45 PM
Geometric Jane?

How Escheresque of you.

Jane
11-09-2002, 05:58 PM
This entry is a day late, which, given my procrastination skills, means it's about a week early.

Iron
Notes: First leg day after some time off, so I am easing myself into previously achieved poundage. I guess I didn't ease as easily as I meant to, because I can't walk today and I have the worst (best?) DOMS of my life. Ever. In my life. That's almost two decades, yup.

It's rather amusing for, well, everyone but me. I hobble around like an old lady, take an hour to ease myself down the stairs, and am afraid of the next time I have to pee, for fear that I'll lose balance mid-squat and smack the tiles of the bathroom floor.

Oh, and I did a stupid thing on Friday. I forgot my lunch, so I wound up going in around 4pm for a leg day after not eating since 5:30am. I'm not sure where my brain was when I decided to also pop two xen on an empty stomach and then go work out. Anyway, I nearly puked/passed out. Fantastic Friday fun.

Lower Body
Squat: warmups, then some crappy sets.
I'm still looking for someone to teach me form. My own form-improvisation only works until a certain point. If I want to pass my poundage sticking point I need to make sure I'm doing everything correctly.

Smith Squat: 1x8@+90, 1x6@+90
I'm very impatient, so little rest between all my sets and exercises. Usually I'm out in 45 minutes. Smith squats are of interest to me because of how well they work my core/midsection. The finishing touch on the quads after free squats is nice as well.

Leg Curl: 1x10@110, 1x7@110+5@90+6@50
I don't know if I am just a curl jockey at heart and really need the pump to feel like I've done something, but I am a huge fan of small supersets. I like to get as close to ten reps as possible for most exercises, and if I can't get there with a heavy poundage, I drop and add reps, drop and add reps as needed. So for that second set, where I normally may stop on rep 8 at 110, I drop to 100 and punch out another five. It hurts, I'm not sure how much it helps, but I really like it.

Back Extension: 1x10@+45, 1x7@+45
I've realized that grabbing a dumbell is a hell of a lot easier than pressing a forty five pound plate to my chest when I do these. What took me so long? Uh...I'm blonde. Anyway, I'm loving the new grip and feel and can finally get past the +45 mark without stacking two 25 pound plates in my arms, which, yes, I have tried.

Leg Press: 1x10@180, 1x3(failed)@230 + 6(failed)@180
Now by the back extensions I was swooning and ready to fall over, but it was the leg press that really got me. At this point, the little voice of sanity whispered to me that I really ought to stop, but I saw this guy I really don't like walk into the room, so I shut the little voice up and kept going. Never mind these poundages and reps...I pushed 110%, sure, but it was 110% on no-food and too much xen.

Calf Press: 1x10@360, 2x7@360

Leg Press: 1x10@180
I thoroughly failed at showing off in front of that stupid guy I didn't like, who was, of course, benching nearby. But I did spontaneously pump out this last set before tumbling into the locker room. A damn good time.

Music of the Moment
The Rent soundtrack. I know every word.

Jane
11-09-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ectx
Geometric Jane?

How Escheresque of you.
OH MY GOD I LOVE ESCHER WUYLSAOQLSDSKY!

ahem.

Thank you for using my name and "Escher" in the same paragraph. I can now die happily.

PowerManDL
11-09-2002, 06:22 PM
Nothing truly shocking?

Come to Alabamer for a week. You'll be shocked.

Budiak
11-09-2002, 08:24 PM
I love Jane and Kimpy.......

Pretty anticlimactic isnt it?

_-_v_-_
11-09-2002, 08:46 PM
You are a bastard.

Budiak
11-09-2002, 09:39 PM
This is true.

Alex.V
11-09-2002, 09:53 PM

OH MY GOD I LOVE ESCHER WUYLSAOQLSDSKY!

I didn't know that was his last name.

Jane
11-10-2002, 11:47 AM
A day late. Ssssh.

Iron
Note to self: Wait longer between breakfast and workout. *burp*

Upper Body
DB Bench: 1x5@70, 1x8@60
BB Bench: 1x8@65
DB Bench: 1x6@60
Good stuff. Not personal bests by any means, but I'm getting there...

Bent Over DB row: 1x8@35, 1x6@35
Eh.

3 supersets of pullups that I really don't feel like writing out. But I'm getting better, slowly.

3 supersets of dips. See above.

Seated Row: 1x10@60
Simply to burn self out completely.

Went home, had a whey shake, went to art class. A great Saturday morning. :) Nice DOMS today.

Music of the Moment
Bhangra and Punjabi mix that I made last night.

Reinier
11-10-2002, 11:56 AM
Escher?
you mean the guy who does the patterned artwork, and the drawings that seem to defy physics....

or are we talking about someone entirely else here

Jane
11-10-2002, 01:29 PM
The Escher, Reineir. The one and only. Only the greatest synthesis of mathematical curiosity and artistic talent ever.

I am hoping to make a copy of the image below in the near future...

http://www.worldofescher.com/gallery/DrawingHandsLg.html

Paul Stagg
11-11-2002, 02:58 PM
Nice lifting, young lady.

And a BIG kudos to you for listening to old folks music.

All we are is dust in the wind.

GeneticallyGifted
11-11-2002, 03:06 PM
Exceptional lifts as Uncle Pauly has stated...What I was wondering is how is your 'School Shopping" is going?? Has any new school stepped up into the top 10??

GG

Jane
11-11-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Paul Stagg
Nice lifting, young lady.

And a BIG kudos to you for listening to old folks music.

All we are is dust in the wind.
Thank you, but remember I am still climbing back up to previous achivements. Can't wait to get into Personal Best zone again!

Cause it's closer than you think...and you're standing on the brink.

Jane
11-11-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by GeneticallyGifted
Exceptional lifts as Uncle Pauly has stated...What I was wondering is how is your 'School Shopping" is going?? Has any new school stepped up into the top 10??

GG
School shopping! lol! I wish it was like shopping. Pick what you like, buy it, and use it. My school list is more like praying than shopping. Pick what you like, get on your knees, light candles, and hope against hope it comes true.

I haven't decided on any new schools...it looks like these are the final choices, crazy as they may be. Now if only I could start those 10 applications I have to do, then things would get REALLY crazy.

Thanks for your support!

kimpy225
11-11-2002, 04:42 PM
hehe thanks Budiak :)
dont mind jane for not thanking you
hehe
OH
jane.... friday wasnt that boring was it?
i was there..... :(
you can always borrow money from me. we do have the same lunch! (which you never visit me at!)

Paul Stagg
11-11-2002, 04:43 PM
That was the first Kansas album I owned... my dad bought it for me when I was about 10

Hold on, baby hold on
'Cause there's something on the way
Your tomorrow's not the same as today

I'll have to break out a little Kansas.

GeneticallyGifted
11-11-2002, 04:46 PM
Jane you know that you have all of my support regardless of what its in. Good luck to you, and get to those damn applications.

GET'A MOVE ON, GO'ON NAW GET, GET!!!*ole granny voice taking over*

the doc
11-11-2002, 04:56 PM
what are your top 10 choices, i cant find them

Jane
11-11-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by kimpy225
hehe thanks Budiak :)
dont mind jane for not thanking you
hehe
OH
jane.... friday wasnt that boring was it?
i was there..... :(
you can always borrow money from me. we do have the same lunch! (which you never visit me at!)
I didn't thank Budiak because I think he was being sarcastic. Or something. I can't ever tell.

Anyway, where did I say Friday was boring? It surely wasn't!

And I never visit because I am only at lunch for like 15min...the rest of the time I'm at my locker, changing shoes, etc etc. Just enough time to gulp down food and run. But I'll visit you tomorrow, promise!

Jane
11-11-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Paul Stagg
That was the first Kansas album I owned... my dad bought it for me when I was about 10

Hold on, baby hold on
'Cause there's something on the way
Your tomorrow's not the same as today

I'll have to break out a little Kansas.
My favorite two songs are Dust in the Wind and Hold On. I play them over and over and over and over and over.....

I think you should break it out, and keep it out. :nod:

Jane
11-11-2002, 05:15 PM
GG, thanks a lot. I'll try opening one tomorrow night. I think once I get started it won't be so bad.

Originally posted by the doc
what are your top 10 choices, i cant find them
err...I scrolled up and I can't find them either. Well here they are again: Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Columbia, UPenn, Duke, Georgetown, Boston College, Boston U, and maybe Brown and/or NYU.

Chris Rodgers
11-11-2002, 07:39 PM
I went to go and see a UPenn football game last week. I know the Linebackers coach. Just thought I'd point that out. Hi Jenia. :D

Jane
11-11-2002, 10:00 PM
OH MY GOD ALL OF THE EARTH HAS STOPPED.

Latty has graced my journal with his prescence! To what do I owe this honor, oh transient visitor from the shadows?

Accipiter
11-11-2002, 10:06 PM
I love dust in the wind :)

Franjipani
11-11-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Accipiter
I love dust in the wind :)

Me too...:angel:

BCC
11-11-2002, 10:25 PM
me too :hump:

Jane
11-11-2002, 10:47 PM
Chase...

Vase. Down.

Jane
11-11-2002, 10:49 PM
Super ultra awesome detailed entry including even the play-by-play of my monotonous and repetitive diet coming up tomorrow! Whooo-hooo!!

Oh my god I need sleep.

_-_v_-_
11-11-2002, 11:20 PM
I can hardly wait!

It's like Christmas Eve! Only without the Christmas Tree...or the presents...or snow...or the smell of cinnamon in the house... ok, so maybe it isn't like Christmas Eve at all. I was wrong. Sue me.

the doc
11-12-2002, 06:52 AM
GG, thanks a lot. I'll try opening one tomorrow night. I think once I get started it won't be so bad.

err...I scrolled up and I can't find them either. Well here they are again: Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Columbia, UPenn, Duke, Georgetown, Boston College, Boston U, and maybe Brown and/or NYU.

hmmm i dont see The Ohio State University on that list :cry:

G-town is not so great, and where is villanova? ;)

Paul Stagg
11-12-2002, 08:54 AM
The only CD I have is Point of Know Return (the album wiht Dust in the Wind on it)

Listened to it this morning... like revisiting an old friend.

My little brother has my old LPs (not that I could listen to an LP in the car, anyway)

If you like Kansas, you might like Dream Theater. Lots of Kansas influence.

Pup
11-12-2002, 10:47 AM
pfft@doc's comment...look at U of M

...Kansas was so damn ace, *breaks out old school albums*

Jane
11-12-2002, 05:26 PM
What's an LP? Is that a record-thing?

Jane
11-12-2002, 06:33 PM
Narcolepsy
Still running on 4-5 hours of sleep a night. Although running would be the completely wrong word to describe it, wouldn't it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Edible Items and Such
This is pretty much what I have every day.

1.5cup egg white
2 extra large eggs
.5 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp ketchup

1 medium red bell pepper
5-6oz tuna
3tbsp ff italian dressing

1.75cup egg white
1 extra large egg
.5tsp olive oil
2 tbsp ketchup

1.5 cup Kashi GoLean cereal
.5 cup Kashi Puffed cereal
1.5 cup skim milk

2 servings whey

Calories: 1440
Fat: 31g----19%
Sat: 6g--4%
Poly: 3g--2%
Mono: 10g--6%
Carbs: 120g----27%
Fiber: 24g
Protein: 189g----53%

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Iron
Notes: Whooooohooooo! Leg day! *raises roof* I'm having two of these a week now, and loving every second.

No, not really. Some of the seconds kind of suck. Good thing those are limited in number.

Lower Body
Squats: 2x6x95; 1x5x95; 1x8x65
Yeah, they suck. Bite me.

Leg Curl: couple reps w/120, then 1x9x110; 1x8x110+1x3x90
120 will be a new personal best. Almost there.

Back Extension: 2x8x+55
I feel so damn hardcore lugging the fifty five pounder over from the free weight room to the back extension setup.

Leg Press: 1x11x180; 1x8x200
Meh. Both are personal bests...I think. But I also think I can do better.

Calf Press: 1x10x360; 2x7x360
I'm really angry they got rid of the standing calf raise machine. The idiots have confined me to using leg press for calf press, which I do not like.

Leg Press Strip-Set: 3@270, 4@220, 6@210, 4@200, 4@180, 20@90
I tried my best to act like a tomato lookalike during these painful minutes. Judging by the faces of those entering the room, I am a fantastic actress.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Academia
I'm having conflicting thoughts as to whether I want to keep my rank or not. It IS senior year, so perhaps I should continue to slack off and go for straight B's this year. This makes sense as I have already gotten three B's in this first quarter. Then again, I worked very hard to get my rank where it is, and it would be something of a waste to let it all go now, especially when my slacking for this quarter's B's still felt like work. Plus, a full year of B-level work might keep me from ever going back to A-level, in college and beyond. Also, there are certain individuals I feel I am competing with, and, well, I'd like to kick their ass on graduation day. Any input is appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Those Other People at School
All think I'm nuts. The End, basically.

Well, we (the seniors) did fill out an interesting survey today on the wonderful experience that is high school, allowing us to recount our fondest memories and wish luck to our closest, truest friends.

Ok, no. It was a god-awful boring survey with horribly obvious answers, but I managed to spruce it up a bit. Mine went something like this:

What will you miss most from high school?
I'll miss the delightful sound of my alarm clock blaring by my ear every morning before dawn. I'll miss the pieces of paper I throw at Kim in the middle of BC Calc. But most of all, I'll miss that cool new soda machine that moves a conveyor belt up and over to fetch my Diet Coke, almost on its own accord.

What will you remember most from the past three years?
Those potted plants in the corners. Poor things. No one really notices them.

Who makes you laugh?
Everyone, in their own...special...way.

What is your biggest fear about the "real world"?
1. My biggest fear about the Real World is that Steve and Trishelle will reproduce.

2. My other biggest fear about the real world is that there will be no cool, magical soda machines that move up and over...or worse, that I won't have any money to run them.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
In bed. Sleeping.

What is your definition of "senioritis"?
1. See my report card.

2. My "definition" of "senioritis" is as "follows:" You know that feeling you get on Sunday nights, when you really really don't want to do your work? It's like that, but multiplied exponentially each waking hour, for weeks on end.

Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
On the floor. Sleeping.

What do you like most about being a senior?
I like having the ability to not only look down on underclassmen, but drive over them.

Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
Probably on a sidewalk somewhere. Sleeping.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Music of the Moment
I'm currently replaying my self-made Requiem for a Dream soundtrack. Mm, mm good.

the doc
11-12-2002, 07:32 PM
jane you are awesome, absolutely awesome

my advice;
1) preserve your rank in the top 10% of your class
2) dump these ivy league schools and go somewhere less snooty (judging by your current remarks, i think you will feel like an outsider at these schools). I think these choices for schools sound like parents choices as opposed to your choices. Have you visited any of them? Why i mention this is that college is totally up to you to make the most of it. Yes graduating from harvard, yale, g-town lends a certain note of prestige to your diploma, but for instance graduate from haverford college as a "sigma-cum-laude" and you will really stand out ;)

Jane
11-12-2002, 08:28 PM
Dump the Ivy League. That's a new one. :) Well doc, honestly, it has always been my dream...but I guess this dream was formed before I woke up one morning and said "Hey! I actually have a personality!"

I guess my brain is reaching for the companionship of thosy ivy-league snootnosers, but I could probably have more fun somewhere else...

Such as Boston College, Boston U, or NYU. I think those three, despite originally being at the bottom of my list, have been given a whole new perspective. Thank you!

Alex.V
11-12-2002, 08:32 PM
And Duke! :)

Pup
11-12-2002, 08:34 PM
I still recommend U of M...its like the ivy league school of the midwest...yea it was a shameless plug for the home school, so sue me *shrug*

Jane
11-12-2002, 08:36 PM
I did like the purty pics of U of M, pup. :) But I'm afraid I'm trying to stay along the Boston-NYC-Philly-Washington DC line, and as close to as much skiing as possible.

the doc
11-12-2002, 08:45 PM
Jane, duke is an excellent school. I would only mention that if you are looking for the experience and culture of a big city, then BC and NYU are excellent choices. I would even throw georgetown in there as well (in addition to the other excellent schools in DC like American U.). how about stanford, UC berkeley, U. of Washington ( in seattle! ) ? they are very good schools as well. At some schools the university campus to be the center life wheras at others the campus will be dwarfed my the surrounding area (such as at NYU or Upenn)
Jane you can go to any of the major private or state schools, and if you graduate in the top 5-10 % of your class you ARE going somewhere and employers will snatch you up :)
Pick the type of experience you want and find schools that are compatible with that. Remember it is your life. :)

Jane
11-12-2002, 10:45 PM
Thank you, doc. You've no idea how much I needed a reassuring word on this college deal. It's quite stressful. :(

*strains under mountain on shoulders*
Hmplf pmlph phoof fffff.....

_-_v_-_
11-12-2002, 11:16 PM
Let me know if and when I can aid you with the essays...

*Helps Jane with mountain*

WillKuenzel
11-12-2002, 11:21 PM
Jane, I wouldn't slack off if I were you. I did my senior year and regretted when I got to college. I messed around and didn't take some of the courses I probably should have because I wanted to take it easy my senior year. I could have been better prepared and it would have helped my college GPA if I hadn't slacked off.

Don't feel so stressed about the college thing though. If you start going to one and realize that its not the experience you were hoping for or you find out that you are just not happy there then you can transfer. As long as you keep your grades up, transferring isn't really all that difficult. Its tough moving and getting settled again but its your comfort level that that you should consider too.

Jane
11-13-2002, 02:27 AM
Let me know if and when I can aid you with the essays...

*Helps Jane with mountain*
This weekend is OFFICIALLY hereby dubbed "College Application Weekend." I promise promise promise. Fri, Sat, Sun, rain, snow, or shine, I'm there. By there I mean by my desk. Where I always am anyway.

kimpy225
11-13-2002, 05:59 AM
Those Other People at School
All think I'm nuts. The End, basically. Well, we (the seniors) did fill out an interesting survey today on the wonderful experience that is high school, allowing us to recount our fondest memories and wish luck to our closest, truest friends. Ok, no. It was a god-awful boring survey with horribly obvious answers, but I managed to spruce it up a bit. Mine went something like this:[/B]

lol jane it wasnt that bad
if we didnt take the survey in gym, we would of have to watch how to throw a frisbee the correct way :rolleyes:
jane.. my answers were pretty nifty
for the senoritis one.. i put you :( is that bad? i seriously did though its all i could think of
and for the laugh one i put.. anyone or anything as long as im in a good mood
lol but oh god jane- to have people LAUGH at me and think of me "different"... - for favorite place in the school.. guess what i put? girls locker room at north.. but NOT because of that! lol i wrote because its the only place where i could hang out with my friends before school since we didnt have any classes together
so dont worry about it.. lots of people wrote things such as craziest thing they did was burned their neighbors house down. (which they sorta did lol)
btw.. angel made up that survey thing haha.

ps do your applications! :mad: tuttut :mad:

Paul Stagg
11-13-2002, 09:14 AM
What's an LP? Is that a record-thing?

:nod:

Jane
11-13-2002, 04:58 PM

my answers were pretty nifty
for the senoritis one.. i put you :( is that bad? i seriously did though its all i could think of

lmao. Kim, that's awesome. Now if you could convince Angel to print that, that would be hilarious.

I agree on the girl's locker room, actually. Not because of that. :) Because it really was nice seeing everyone before class, and I do miss it this year. Mornings are much less fun and much more morningy.

Application Weekend this weekend! Promise!

Budiak
11-14-2002, 05:22 AM
The only experience I had in the school locker rooms was the experience of being fat and horridly unpopular.

Though I do seem to remember enjoying HS.

Jane
11-16-2002, 12:17 PM
Crazy House
Once again, folks, I'm in deep sh*t. I get in trouble for the dumbest things, but it always manages to progress, like a cute little snowball hurling down a mountain slope, growing bigger until it mercilessly murders all the cute little people at the bottom. The car battery has been tinkered with by my stepfather so that I cannot drive it. I don't even have money to buy groceries. And just about everyone hates me. I'll be cowling in my room for a while....and will update as soon as I get the damn car back. :(

Music
Going straight through entire collection right now...I have plenty of time to kill.

_-_v_-_
11-16-2002, 12:31 PM
I'm sorry to hear that.

What precipitated it, if I may ask?

Jane
11-16-2002, 12:56 PM
I didn't pick up my winter jacket off the floor.

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-16-2002, 12:59 PM
I didn't pick up my winter jacket off the floor.

You sick bastard tuttut

Reinier
11-16-2002, 01:51 PM
Jenia i have some questions:

1 why is it that you sleep so little. It would ruin my life so much if i would, i need mine so bad.

2 Why do you think your parents are so strict with you?

3 Are we still getting married and getting our own place with a weight training cellar and a big dog, by the coast with a boat?

4 What is the requiem for a dream soundtrack like? Ive heard the movie is very psychedelic (spell check) and depressed, but good. I am still to see it.

5 How do you make yourself work for school?... I`m in the smart class, im doing just ok and if i would just put some more effort in but im so lazy...

Jane
11-16-2002, 04:22 PM
And I have longwinded answers. :)

Originally posted by Reinier
why is it that you sleep so little. It would ruin my life so much if i would, i need mine so bad.
I love my xenadrine. Shout-out to mah pimp Belial who procures da stuff for mah lazy ass. Seriously, I stay up through nights because I work best after everyone is asleep, the house is quiet, and there simply isn't anything else to do at that time. No distractions. No AIM. Fast-approaching deadline and the sweet treat of sleep hanging in front of my nose like a carrot tied to a stick in front of a rabbit. It's really not a good way to be, procrastinating horribly, sleeping so little, being so hyped on caffeine that you're jittering all over the place, but it's better than nothing. Right now I'm very unmotivated for schoolwork and if I didn't do this, my grades would be barely passing.

I sleep through most of my weekends, btw. Just now, at 17:00 on Saturday, I woke up from a four hour nap.

2 Why do you think your parents are so strict with you?
My stepfather is an old-school authoritarian. You step out of line, you get smacked. You question him, you get smacked. No reason is required for any decision, no logic, no compromise. It is what he decides, and that's it.

Luckily, most of the time he stays out of the way and I deal with my emotionally hyperactive mother, but she has been greatly influenced by him ever since he came into her life. As a result, I have now become the icon of a spoiled, rude daughter who talks back, has too much stuff, gets too much leeway in making her own rules, and needs to be taught a lesson. I don't do much wrong in terms of staying out, drugs, boys, etc, so little things like my jacket are often exacerbated by a mother who knows how to push buttons to the point where I cannot control my temper and I do, indeed, become a rude daughter. Then things usually get worse from both sides and end with the taking of the car and my grocery money, the only two things I really need from them.

3 Are we still getting married and getting our own place with a weight training cellar and a big dog, by the coast with a boat?
Damn Reinier, that actually sounds tempting. Then again, I don't sleep much. *stumbles out of room*

4 What is the requiem for a dream soundtrack like? Ive heard the movie is very psychedelic (spell check) and depressed, but good. I am still to see it.
Requiem for a Dream is the best movie I have ever seen in my entire life. I am confident that I will never see a better movie. It is so powerful that it will stay with me for the rest of my days, and it is so moving that it will induce emotion even after the 15th viewing. Plain and simple, Reinier, I'm saying that you need to get it and see it as soon as possible. You will not regret it, you will agree with all that I've said, and you will report back to my journal with results.

The soundtrack is amazing on its own. Everyone I've ever played it for, even people who hate classical with a passion, have adored it without even watching the movie. It is even more powerful and beautiful once you know the story behind the main theme. I'm sure you have Kazaa or Morpheus--use it.

5 How do you make yourself work for school?... I`m in the smart class, im doing just ok and if i would just put some more effort in but im so lazy...
How do I make myself work? lol. How DID I make myself work is the better question. Kimpy will vouch for the fact that I've taked an absolute nosedive in terms of motivation and grades. Several tactics can be used:
1. Competition: Find people you don't like. Decide you're going to kick their ass on every test. Remind yourself that you're leaving high school soon and want to leave having made a good name intellectually for yourself. Yeah that one guy may be better at bowling or something, but damn you've got his ass owned on tests.

2. Future thoughts: Such as: You're almost done, just get through a bit more. This is setting yourself up for an awesome later life. This is creating great habits for college. Girls like smart men with good jobs. etc.

3. Weekday nights: Do you really have much else to do? Weekends are for playing hard and resting hard, but weekdays are for working hard. It's only four nights really that you ought to buckle down and do a good deal of work. Yes, you can watch tv or something, but is that really a worthwhile exchange? I can understand going out would be more than a worthwhile exchange but since you're not doing that M-Th anyway, might as well sit down and do your sh*t.

4. Priorities: Decide how badly you want it. Do you really want it? Is what you're doing now ok for you? Are you going to regret later what you haven't done? Are you happy the way your grades are going now? If you decide that you want it bad enough, it becomes easier. Remind yourself "this is something I really do WANT, so I'm going to get it." And if you don't want it bad enough, free your conscience already. The should-I, could-I, oughta purgatory is the worst. It's a waste of time and thought. Either you want to get up there with strong A's, or you'll relax and take it easy at your current level. Make the decision.

Reinier
11-17-2002, 02:26 PM
thank you. I will definitely rent that movie btw.
It sounds like its a movie i will enjoy and on the same level as the kind of novels I enjoy.

I feel sorry for the situation with your parents.
It must be frustrating to have to obey rules that seemingly have no reason. Dont you feel like your the adult in your home...
I feel lucky with my parents, theyre always willing to debate their decisions and they never fight, other than these conversations they have that are so full of negative, teasing sarcasm. but those really just amuse me. Maybe its that theyre old (63 and 52) and settled down mentally, or something.

Reinier
11-19-2002, 11:53 AM
Jane, im sure you wont mind i use that quote in your sig in my essay :D

also im getting that movie tomorrow. I wanted to yesterday but I needed to identify myself or something because i wasn`t a member of the movie place.

kimpy225
11-19-2002, 02:20 PM
haha the movie was good except for that scary refrigerator! damn that thing scared me silly!
reinier- personally for me.. i just make sure all of my work is done.. i say.. oh man if i finish this- i can go watch this show! or.. i can see this friend! or talk online for X hours
i do pretty decent this way. if i actually concentrated on studying too much- i will burn out. if i am struggling- i will put some more time in, stay after for clinic, ask a friend, etc

hi jane! *waves*

Reinier
11-20-2002, 01:41 PM
I just finished watching it.
It watches like a novel.
I think its genius. without any doubt it is the most gripping and most depressing movie I have ever seen and probably the most impressive. I really need to thank you for having me watch it.
I didn`t really know the meaning of word requiem and the DVD came in a little box with just about only the title on it, so i didn`t know what to expect. I was blown away.
Scariest part is, its a fairly realistic story.
thanks.

Budiak
11-20-2002, 11:08 PM
I'm not watching anything with a scary refridgerator. Its where I spend most of my time!

I have similar issues with motivation. What makes me work to get further? You're right, the real question is, what made me work to get THIS ****ing far? Answer: I dont know. I'm sure whatever it is though, has either a bikini girl or a bag of money in the trunk.

Jane
11-24-2002, 06:29 PM
I just finished watching it.
It watches like a novel.
I think its genius. without any doubt it is the most gripping and most depressing movie I have ever seen and probably the most impressive. I really need to thank you for having me watch it.
I didn`t really know the meaning of word requiem and the DVD came in a little box with just about only the title on it, so i didn`t know what to expect. I was blown away.
Scariest part is, its a fairly realistic story.
thanks.
Thanks for coming back with feedback. :) It's fantastic isn't it? There are few movies in this world that can truly change your entire outlook on an aspect of life, but this one has achieved that immense goal. I don't think anyone who sees this piece of art will ever think about addiction, drugs, or escapeism in quite the same way. Amazing. I think I need to see it a 4th time.

You're welcome, I'm glad you actually went and got it. Other poor souls have let the recommendation slip past.

On a nonrelated note, I'm still carless and my family still hates me. At least it's stability, eh? :)

Reinier
11-25-2002, 11:58 AM
ive told like everybody to watch it but nobody yet has.
grrr

btw, did you see pi (as in the math symbol for 3.14...)
movie by the same director.
if so, is it good as well?

Jane
11-25-2002, 06:29 PM
I have seen Pi. It is definitely not anywhere near the level of Requiem, but I did enjoy it, mainly because it was something truly different and I could recognize myself in the workaholic aspect of the main character. I wish I saw Pi before Requiem, because it's definitely a negative slope line, but Pi does ask some interesting questions and it definitely made me think, which I like. Very different, very unique, very....well, I can't really describe Pi. You just have to see it and you'll either love it or hate it.

Budiak
11-26-2002, 03:39 AM
Pi? Oh, the 'math thriller'?

Pass.

Jane
11-26-2002, 05:10 AM
If by pass you mean it's overrated, I agree. ;)

WillKuenzel
11-26-2002, 05:17 AM
How goes the college hunt?

Got all those applications done yet?

Praetorian
11-30-2002, 04:44 PM
3. Weekday nights: Do you really have much else to do? Weekends are for playing hard and resting hard, but weekdays are for working hard. It's only four nights really that you ought to buckle down and do a good deal of work. Yes, you can watch tv or something, but is that really a worthwhile exchange? I can understand going out would be more than a worthwhile exchange but since you're not doing that M-Th anyway, might as well sit down and do your sh*t.

this has to be the smartest thing i've read for a good while...i'm actually gonna follow that advice!!! thx

Budiak
11-30-2002, 06:22 PM
Oh, she's been gone all ****ing week and didnt tell any of us she was leaving.

THANKS A LOT, JANE.

Reinier
12-01-2002, 06:01 AM
She must be doing work

Budiak
12-01-2002, 07:21 AM
No, she ****ing left town for...****, Barbados or some **** like that, with her family.

How'd I learn? From that big mouth Kimp. YOUR SECRET HAS BEEN REVEALED, JANE! YOUR HIDEOUS LIES WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED!

Reinier
12-01-2002, 07:28 AM
Barbedos?
mmm. i wonder why she didn`t mention

Alex.V
12-01-2002, 09:17 AM
I guess y'all just aren't as special as I am. I knew.

:p

Jane, you'd better be tan when you get back... if you stayed inside working the entire time, I'm going to arrange an ass-kicking.

Budiak
12-01-2002, 09:43 AM
Man, **** that. I help her rewrite a college entrance essay but she wont tell me she's leaving for a week.

I dont get no respect!

Jane
12-09-2002, 05:12 PM
Dudes, dudes, chill.

I didn't tell anyone because for a long time I was trying to get out the trip. I've been mentioning the hard hit with senioritis and the drop of grades and the impossible schools I'm trying to get into for which I need perfect records....so anyway, missing school was something I really didn't need to do. But I went, and it was the most gorgeous resort I've ever been to (although a snowy mountaintop would be infinitely better) and I got about 1,300 pages worth of good reading in.
Now that I'm back though, school is horrid. But the great thing about being back is that I'm slightly tan (:p) and I can get back in the gym!! It's going to be very difficult to get in M-Th because of all the stuff I have to make up, but I'll manage.

So anyhow let's start this here entry.

Sleep
7 hours...very nice for a Sunday night. Usually I don't sleep on Sunday nights because I refuse to work during my weekends and start everything at midnight on Sunday.

Food is Good
2 eggs
1.5c egg white
.5 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp ketchup

.25 yellow pepper
2oz tuna

1 egg
1.25c egg white
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsbp ketchup

1c Kashi GoLean
.33c Kashi puffed
1.5c skim milk
2 clementines

2 servings whey

Total: 1217
Fat: 29g--22%
Sat: 7g--5%
Mono: 11g--8%
Carbs: 97g--26%
Fiber: 18g
Protein: 154g--52%

Perfecto. :thumbup:

Random Bits of Useless Information
I won $100 in a speech-writing contest for which I spewed some bullsh*t on a piece of paper and then, passionately and hypocritically, spouted these views onto a recording.

I'm quitting my job teaching kids Spanish. It's a lot of fun, but it doesn't pay well and I could really use that afternoon for schoolwork. So...next week will be Adios to my class. Unless I can get a certain someone to work with me.....dum dum duum.

Need to buy formal dress + abhorrance of shopping = dilemma

differentiation of dilemma = getting mom to buy dress for janey.

Book
Salmon of Doubt, Douglas Adams

Song
Moon River, Sarah Brightman

PowerManDL
12-09-2002, 05:23 PM
Hi, and welcome to WBB! Glad you started a journal!

kimpy225
12-09-2002, 07:27 PM
i am not a big mouth :( am i?

jane- my house- friday night 630. be there. or dont.

jane if you need any help with anything- im here. (i would be there but i pretty much dont have a ride so.. yea.. )

Just some girl
12-09-2002, 08:11 PM
[B]Total: 1217
Sat: 7g--5%
Carbs: 97g--26%
Fiber: 18g
Protein: 154g--52%

Perfecto. :thumbup:

Is that enough calories? :confused:

Jane
12-09-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
Hi, and welcome to WBB! Glad you started a journal!
Shut up foo'. At least I'm not starting a new one.

Jane
12-09-2002, 08:15 PM
i am not a big mouth :( am i?

jane- my house- friday night 630. be there. or dont.

jane if you need any help with anything- im here. (i would be there but i pretty much dont have a ride so.. yea.. )
I'll be there unless I finally get Dave to go out with me.

So in other words, I'm there.

Jane
12-09-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Just some girl

Is that enough calories? :confused:
It's really not for a typical day, but I'm pretty sure I went over maintenance Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday, so it all balances out. :)

xraygirl
12-09-2002, 10:16 PM
It's about 1265 cals. But like you said, it balances out in the end.

Jane
12-10-2002, 08:00 PM
Sleep
3 hours last night, due to working on an hour long presentation, which included a farmyard fable told via ghetto rhyme. It was either going to succeed nicely or fail and I am quite happy to say that they liked mah skillz, yo.

Nosebleed Count
I'm really really truly sick for the first time in months and I cannot miss anymore school because I'm the boy who cried wolf. Now the wolf has come back to bite me in the ass with severe throat pain and a runny nose that I tortured to the point of nonstop bleeding.

I had about 7 nosebleeds today, the majority of which were during class. Mm-hmmm. Yum. Bet you wanted to know that.

Food Is Good
1.5c egg white
2 eggs
1 tsp olive oil
.5 tbsp ketchup

1.25c egg white
1 egg
.5 tsp olive oil
.5 tbsp ketchup

1c Kashi GoLean
.5c Kashi Puffed
1.5c skim milk
2 servings whey
grapes
cherries

Total: 1202
Fat: 30g--23%
Carbs: 104g--29%
Fiber: 17g
Protein: 141g--48%

**Still balancing with the weekend, but more so just very not hungry due to almost no sleep and sickness.

And facedown, Denny says, "It helps to remember the first time for everything."
He says, "My first time I jacked off, I thought I'd invented it. I looked down at my sloppy handful of junk and thought, This is going to make me rich.

--from Choke

Maki Riddington
12-10-2002, 10:08 PM
I can't see how you have a hard time finding men?

Btw, this journal extends beyond my intellectual capacity, therefore I must refrain from posting here.

WillKuenzel
12-10-2002, 11:21 PM
I had bad nose bleeds in high school. I know this'll sound stupid but a tampon cut in half can be a life saver. If it keeps getting worse you might give some thought to getting the troublesome blood vessel catarized (sp? [def. = burned]). I was about to get this done to both of my nostrils until my nose quit bleeding as often. It still bleeds pretty bad for a couple of weeks in the fall and spring but other than that I don't have that problem anymore thank goodness. Hope it gets better though.

Is that quote from the guy who wrote Fight Club? I've read bits and pieces from it here and there and that reminds me of something he wrote.

Jane
12-11-2002, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
I can't see how you have a hard time finding men?

Btw, this journal extends beyond my intellectual capacity, therefore I must refrain from posting here.
1. Eh. I'm probably boring in class since I'm so sleepy all the time. And not to mention self-conscious.

2. Don't be silly. Discussion of nosebleeding and what I ate for lunch today is within the intellectual capacity of a sponge.

"Sponges don't have bad days."
--Choke

Jane
12-11-2002, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by HomeYield
I had bad nose bleeds in high school. I know this'll sound stupid but a tampon cut in half can be a life saver. If it keeps getting worse you might give some thought to getting the troublesome blood vessel catarized (sp? [def. = burned]). I was about to get this done to both of my nostrils until my nose quit bleeding as often. It still bleeds pretty bad for a couple of weeks in the fall and spring but other than that I don't have that problem anymore thank goodness. Hope it gets better though.

Is that quote from the guy who wrote Fight Club? I've read bits and pieces from it here and there and that reminds me of something he wrote.
Thanks for the idea man, I will have to put that to work next time it gets as bad as yesterday. I think I get them in the winter really often but that's it. I'm low on hemoglobin so maybe that's why. I'll just take iron supps and hopefully won't have to go the cauterization route.

And yes, that's from Chuck Palahniuk. His style is unique, pretty easy to recognize. If you like Fight Club I recommend Choke. Not the most uplifting of books, but an interesting read anyhow. And a new way of thinking never did anyone any harm.

:thumbup:

Jane
12-11-2002, 05:07 PM
Sleep
7 hours! Not bad! Of course, next week is big-exam-before-break-week so I won't be sleeping then.

Kimpy said to me today that the smart thing to do would be to start studying now and get even amounts of sleep. Then she looked at me, laughed, and said never mind.

Food is Good
2 eggs
1.5c egg white
.5 tsp olive oil

1 egg
1 slice of sandwich steak
.5 tsp olive oil

2 deli frank hot dogs
.5 Polly-O String cheese

5 scoops whey

Total: 1225
Fat: 74g--53%
Carbs: 17g--5%
Protein: 133g--42%

Still sick, still not hungry, still sleepy as f*ck. Also, I have a formal dance to attend on Saturday which I would like to be in ketosis for because I want to accentuate my cheekbones. Shut up. No, really. Shut up.
Anyway, from now until Sunday morning I'll be having less than 20g carbs.

Radio *NStinks
I'm pleased to report that my editorial on the current state of the radio industry today has recieved attention and compliments. The freshmen especially were amused, but they're amused at anything.

I'm not pleased to report that I am now blind. My $200 glasses are lost, for the second time, and this time I don't think mother dear is buying me a replacement pair. So, I have to move my hands around in front of my body a lot and squint at everyone.

Driving is fun when you're blind.

Finally, I, the secretary of the National Honor Society, have, in one of fate's undie-twisting jokes, been put on probation by the society. I wish it could be for something wild and exciting, but it's because I forgot to show our advisor my quarter grades. Sigh.

This whey shake is disgusting. The end.

Loft Bed Book List
Catch 22
I know, I know, I should have read it long ago. Better late than never, right?

In the CD Player
Division Bell, Pink Floyd

PowerManDL
12-11-2002, 05:35 PM
/pwn3d

Jane
12-11-2002, 05:40 PM
Why?

PowerManDL
12-11-2002, 05:41 PM
Because you're blind.

Jane
12-11-2002, 05:42 PM
Aaah. tes, ubfeed.

PowerManDL
12-11-2002, 05:43 PM
Rosiago wa dame desu yo

WillKuenzel
12-11-2002, 09:23 PM
I was our National Honor Society secretary or something too. It was just more a resume spoofer as we didn't do anything. Kind of sad really so I left it off.

Sorry to hear about you glasses.

the doc
12-11-2002, 09:28 PM
I have a formal dance to attend on Saturday which I would like to be in ketosis for because I want to accentuate my cheekbones.

:scratch:

Jane
12-11-2002, 10:35 PM
Rosiago wa dame desu yo
No dummy. I was trying to demonstrate said blindness by writing "yes, indeed." as "tes, ubfeed." Look at your keyboard.

Jane
12-12-2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by HomeYield
I was our National Honor Society secretary or something too. It was just more a resume spoofer as we didn't do anything. Kind of sad really so I left it off.

Sorry to hear about you glasses.
It is something of a spoof, but we actually do DO things. We arrange about 8 community service/school service type activities during the year and run a community-wide tutoring program. When we have a big event coming up, it can take up a lot of my time.

Yeah the glasses thing sucks. What a way to die. "Well I lost my glasses and was squinting so hard I thought the light was green."

Jane
12-12-2002, 04:36 AM

:scratch:
Ketosis drains water and whatnot. I find that I prefer the way I look when depleted, that's all.

Reinier
12-12-2002, 09:39 AM
So... you lost your glasses?

how much of a correction do you need?

btw i got contacts and im loving them

Jane
12-12-2002, 08:57 PM
Sleep
4 hours. Finished Harvard app. Feel sick, stomach churning, feet tapping....for the next 92 days.

Food is Good
1.5c egg white
2 extra large eggs
1 tsp olive oil

1oz tuna

2 extra large eggs
1 sandwich steak
sliver of butter

5 scoops whey

Total: 950
Fat: 43g--41%
Carbs: 15g--6%
Protein: 127g--53%

It's bad, I know, but I've been super busy and forgot about the hunger-blunting effects of ketosis. No worries, the weekend is coming, when it's time to partyhardy and go out to eat and whatnot.

Days
8 days until Lake Placid
63 days until 18th Birthday
92 days until Harvard acceptance letter
90-95 days until 9 other letters
123 days until Graduation

Song of the Day
Wankster, by 50 Cent

fun song. :)

"Nothing is as good as you can imagine it. Nothing is as perfect as your dream."

Borgod Maxximus
12-16-2002, 11:14 PM
And facedown, Denny says, "It helps to remember the first time for everything."
He says, "My first time I jacked off, I thought I'd invented it. I looked down at my sloppy handful of junk and thought, This is going to make me rich.

--from Choke [/B]

hahaha
Is that Choke a band from Perth, Western Australia?
Sounds like the kind of thing they would say.

Makes me chuckle.

Borgod Maxximus
12-16-2002, 11:20 PM
ok maybe not

kimpy225
12-19-2002, 05:49 AM
hi jane!
love you :)
see you at school.
break is soon. dont worry

Jane
12-23-2002, 04:41 PM
I'm still around, folks. Not dead yet, though very much feeling and acting it. What can I say? Life got in the way. Unlike some lucky bastards who just witnessed the end of a SEMESTER and will never see those classes again, I just put up with 2-3 weeks worth of endless tests and quizzes, not to mention makeup work from when I went to la Republica Dominicana. I'm STILL not done that crap, actually...have 2 biology exams and a blue book essay on the Canterbury Tales to make up. Ack. Having this in the same 2-3 weeks I needed to start and finish 8 college applications was, well, not a Good Idea.

Anyhow, I stayed up all last night to finish them, and the apps are done. Just 4 smallish Princeton essay questions to do, a piano cassette tape to finish, and I'm done. DONE. DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE.

I get the distinct feeling that life will be easier when I'm not carrying eight motherf'ing elephants on my back. Wonder why.

Lake Placid
Leaving tomorrow for 6 euphoric days on the slopes. I refuse to bring a single application or textbook. REFUSE. (Probably will anyway but I'll refuse it the entire time). Instead, I get to take oh....6-8 books I got off Amazon on one of my recent book binges and enjoy those. Days hurling myself off of mountains, nights of reading by a fireplace? THIS is heaven. Nothing else. THIS.

Have great holidays everyone. Byebye. :)

the doc
12-23-2002, 04:45 PM
Enjoy Jane, glad to know you're still alive!

Reinier
12-23-2002, 06:23 PM
I`m jealous :(
im not going this year

Like next year, we go to a snow resort together right?

kimpy225
12-24-2002, 09:00 AM
grr jane
i dont love you anymore :(
just leave without saying goodbye
oh you did :(

Budiak
12-24-2002, 11:01 AM
Canterbury Tales sucked. I hate Sci Fi.

Jane
12-30-2002, 01:26 AM
I'm back.

Ode to Skiing
Imagine. Imagine a set of squats that lasts ten minutes. Better yet, imagine six sets of squats that last five minutes each with a thirty second break in the middle. Imagine your legs, burning, on fire, aching. Your muscles tense and quivering at the same time. Your breathing, hard. Your movement, slow but desparately fighting to stay in control.

Now take those sets and put them on a steep, slippery slope. Put yourself on two long, sharp skis, carving through the ice and snow, hurling yourself down a mountain like an escaped lunatic. Your concentration must-be-100-full-percent, no glances anywhere but straight ahead, or you crash. You're nearing failure, your body is begging for you to stop, you feel slight panic at the simultaneous increasing of your speed and decreasing of your muscular ability to control your flight and there's people ahead of you and you've hit a bump then some ice you're sliding and snow flies from beneath you...if you don't keep going, you crash.

Failure is not an option in these sets. You'll hit failure and go soaring past it. Failure could mean anything from a break, a pause, an interruption in your run, to a messy fall, maybe an injury, maybe even death. Wipeouts hurt. You know this. Your body knows this. You're fighting to not only stay upright and keep pushing, but keep perfect form. Less than perfect, a slight shake, a wiggle, a twist in your ankle, a less than a second hesistation...the mountain will feel it and it will own you. Skiing absolutely requires that one leans DOWN the slope, which essentially means maintaing a position of diving out of your boots and leaning over the very steepness you're trying to conquer at all times. Leaning back, stopping the dive forward, letting your skis lead you...the mountain will feel it and it will own you. There are no second chances. And you know you'll fall. Going out each day, day after day, you know you're going to take a dive or two. You don't know how far down the icy slope you'll slide headfirst until you luckily screech to a stop. You don't know if you'll break anything. You don't know if you'll hit any small children. But you do know that you'll fight, and you'll gulp for breath, and your nerve will be challenged, your legs will shake and shake and shake....and you'll love every...single...second.

Reinier
12-30-2002, 01:44 AM
thats really cool... but ive never even been near muscular failure skiing or snowboarding....?

anyway im glad you enjoyed yourself

McBain
12-30-2002, 08:28 AM
Like next year, we go to a snow resort together right?

*pinches reinier*

*walks slowly out the door*

Reinier
12-30-2002, 09:18 AM
Let a guy have his moment will ya....

Jane
12-30-2002, 09:22 AM
thats really cool... but ive never even been near muscular failure skiing or snowboarding....?

anyway im glad you enjoyed yourself
seriously man?

Maybe it's because I'm female and my squatting isn't exactly what one would call consistent, but I have definitely fallen before strictly because my legs gave out while skiing and I was too stubborn/tired to stop prior. Boarding I'm only intermediate so far, so I am usually around a lot of other people that I don't want to crash into. Therefore, I always stop while boarding before I get to that level. And thanks, I'm glad I enjoyed myself too.

the doc
12-30-2002, 09:31 AM
God i love to ski... i cant wait.
only 1.5 more months!

Reinier
01-03-2003, 02:31 PM
I just booked!
boarding in the alps.
im going with a youth organisation for preppies :)
thats cool cuz you get good accomodation
21-02---02-03
im SO feeling it. i was first thinking i would not get a chance.

Jane
01-04-2003, 05:08 PM
NICE.

Not only do you get to go boarding, you get to board the alps. And not only are you boarding the alps, but you're doing it with people your age. Man, I can't think of a sweeter vacation.

Have a completely amazing time.

Jane
01-04-2003, 05:26 PM
Still alive, still lifting, still eating, etc. Just not writing it down. :D

--Rant--

Yesterday's upper body workout went well. Except for this one sight that annoyed me. I was resting by the pullup station when this chick in a sports bra and spandex pants walks by hurriedly and is like "Are you ok?" Now, though this was a little off-putting because I was just fine and didn't appreciate her getting into my personal space, what happend next pissed me off. I was finishing up chest/back and wanted to do some seated rows to finish up the day. I went over to the seated row when lo and behold it was the woman, on a bench she has pulled up from who knows where, doing like tricep kickbacks or something in the middle of the gym floor. And her FRIEND, a similar spandex clad persona, has taken over the seated row bench, draped her towel over it, and is using it for some exercises with her neon orange dumbells. WTF? I wanted to ask if I could take the bench, but I suppose it would have been too much to ask her to move all her sh*t and find a new goddamn bench. The thing that gets me is my gym has a room for free weights with like 5-7 benches and there was almost no one in there. But the main, most popular, more crowded room--the machine room--is where they set up their sh*t. It just looked like such blatant showing off.

--End of Rant--

--Start of Story--

So I'm walking into the locker room after leg day this morning when I hear "Jane! Jane!" and absolutely no one knows me at my gym, so I'm entirely confused. Also, I cannot see because my glasses aren't on. I discern that a strange man is calling my name. He walks over, and finally I recognize my sophmore year Geometry teacher, who is possibly the coolest adult male I've ever met, but seeing him in the gym is way weird. I just finished a set of squats too, so I looked a little funny. Small talk follows, and ends with "There are other teachers in there too!" he says, and points to the locker room. I reply with "Oh....great....oh."

I walk in, and hear my name yet again. My Calculus teacher! Hi! Ohmygod! I have her this year and will see her on Monday. Also weird, but funny as hell.

The good thing about this story is my Geometry teacher was like "Do you work here or work out here?" and that was cool because it got my imagination going. What if I DID work there? I could. I really could. Giving advice, teaching form, getting workouts in like 6 days a week, getting paid for all of it...damn. Maybe I will one day...

--End of Story--

--Amusing thing--
This is only amusing to people who have seen Donnie Darko.

Me: "Oh sweet! My soundtrack came in the mail!"
Mom: "Oh why'd you order that? That Donnie Danny movie? Why'd you order Danny Dorky?"
Me: "D...d...dddorky?"
Mom: "Yeah, Danny Dorky. It wasn't a good movie was it?"

xraygirl
01-04-2003, 06:27 PM
The previous wing commander (the guy who ran the base for you non-military types) used to be at the gym in the afternoon when I was there. That was totally weird. I take that back...it was cool because it made him more like one of us.

kimpy225
01-04-2003, 11:13 PM
hi jane
i once saw Mr Bell at my gym
now -THAT- was weird...

do your schoolwork

Reinier
01-05-2003, 11:29 AM
get on msn jane

kimpy225
01-12-2003, 10:02 AM
hey jane,
lets see those new glasses

Reinier
01-12-2003, 10:13 AM

kimpy225
01-15-2003, 01:38 PM
:) :thumbup: :clap: :evillaugh :alcoholic :cool:

HOORAY!
ya lazy bum :)
how are your glasses doing?

Jane
01-15-2003, 05:14 PM
do your schoolwork

Well, that's exactly what I did. :) I'm almost entirely caught up on an entire semester of Biology and it's all thanks to me turning off the computer for a week and a half or so. I did get in the gym three times last week and plan on another 3 this week--Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Speaking of Saturday, I have an interview with Harvard at 4pm. I think I'm going to chew my nails to the point of eating my arm off.

the doc
01-15-2003, 05:17 PM
FUk harvard, Duke's phD robes are way cooler ;)

why the hell aren't you applying there (duke)?

why is the damn ivy league so damn important?

Jane
01-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Food Is Good
1.5c egg whites
1 large egg
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp ketchup

3 string cheese

1.5c egg whites
1 large egg
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp ketchup

1.75c Kashi cereal
1.5c skim milk

1.75oz whey

Total: 1250
Sat: 9g--7%
Poly: 2g--2%
Carbs: 105g--28%
Fiber: 21g
Protein: 152g--50%

Epiphany
I realized I don't want to be a journalist at all. Nor do I want to sell my soul and go into politics. Nor do I want to travel all the time via international relations. I find myself stretching to remember how I came up with these ideas in the first place.

It's literature I love. I want to write fiction.

Of course, doing that will get me about the same amount of money that being a streetcorner mime would. But somehow, the notion of being a struggling creative person has brought me more inner joy than any comfy political coattail job. I've always believed that America spoils people, and rejecting American materialism while remaining in this country would make for an experiment.

Amazon Addict
New Shipment:
God Bless You Dr. Kevorkian, Kurt Vonnegut
Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe
The Sirens of Titan, Kurt Vonnegut
Requiem for a Dream, Hubert Selby Jr.
Siddhartha, Herman Hesse
Trainspotting, Irvine Welsh

Ratings to come as I finish them. :)

Music
Cruel Intentions soundtrack on perpetual repeat.

the doc
01-15-2003, 05:28 PM

*cough, cough*

Jane
01-15-2003, 05:29 PM

I AM applying to Duke, dumbbutt.

They were rude to my mother on the phone though, apparently. Hmph.

the doc
01-15-2003, 05:29 PM
oh and food IS good, eat some more of it ;)

the doc
01-15-2003, 05:30 PM

I AM applying to Duke, dumbbutt.

They were rude to my mother on the phone though, apparently. Hmph.

how about georgetown?

anyhow i can hear alex salivating all the way up here ;)

and you dont like your mother anyway, so that may be a good sign eh?

Borgod Maxximus
01-15-2003, 06:04 PM
Impressive.

Jane
01-15-2003, 06:14 PM

how about georgetown?

anyhow i can hear alex salivating all the way up here ;)

and you dont like your mother anyway, so that may be a good sign eh?
My thoughts exactly.

Georgetown too. Although I'm not sure if I'd want to go there anymore, now that my political leanings have settled into a cynical inertia, more or less.

the doc
01-15-2003, 06:16 PM
it would be a fun place to go to school though

anyhow i want to know when your cow sleeps

ectx
01-15-2003, 06:41 PM
Janie...YOU'RE BACK IN YOUR JOURNAL. I missed your "wise beyond it's years" view. So you plan to be a social experiment. Fresh out of HS I wanted to be a writer, but discovered I was far too materialistic...so I decided to be a dentist...then shortly before graduating I learned that making a living out of shoving your hand in other people's mouths sucks. So I went to graduate school instead. Moral of the story is that I ended up choosing a career that doesn't pay much either. Oh well. I hear Wash. U. has very cool robes too. ;)

Now about your Amazon picks...excellent, all of them...have you read Bluebeard yet though? Get your tiny li'l enlightened butt back to Amazon and order it. ...Vonnegut at his best.

_-_v_-_
01-15-2003, 06:50 PM
*gasp*

Jane? On WBB?

Someone pinch me.

Actually, on second thought, don't. :)

Good to see you back, Jane. As for writing....believe me, I understand your dilemma all too well.

Jane
01-15-2003, 08:09 PM
it would be a fun place to go to school though

anyhow i want to know when your cow sleeps
The cow never sleeps.

Do you hear me?? THE COW NEVER SLEEPS! IT'S ALWAYS THERE, ALWAYS WATCHING. IT WILL...NEVER STOP.

[/The Ring reference]

Jane
01-15-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by ectx
Janie...YOU'RE BACK IN YOUR JOURNAL. I missed your "wise beyond it's years" view. So you plan to be a social experiment. Fresh out of HS I wanted to be a writer, but discovered I was far too materialistic...so I decided to be a dentist...then shortly before graduating I learned that making a living out of shoving your hand in other people's mouths sucks. So I went to graduate school instead. Moral of the story is that I ended up choosing a career that doesn't pay much either. Oh well. I hear Wash. U. has very cool robes too. ;)

Now about your Amazon picks...excellent, all of them...have you read Bluebeard yet though? Get your tiny li'l enlightened butt back to Amazon and order it. ...Vonnegut at his best.
Bluebeard, eh? I didn't think it was possible to classify when Vonnegut is at his best. But I will order it shortly, thank you for the suggestion. I'm constantly searching for new things I need to read. There's so many damn books in the world!

As for the future stuff...eh. I'll see it when I get there. :D

Jane
01-15-2003, 08:21 PM
*gasp*

Jane? On WBB?

Someone pinch me.

Actually, on second thought, don't. :)

Good to see you back, Jane. As for writing....believe me, I understand your dilemma all too well.
You're right, I definitely have not been at WBB for a long while. But I'm back!

And I thought you'd sympathize...tough, very tough. At least there is always the guarantee of the retirement years? You know what else depresses me, beyond the utter idealism and unrealistic nature of the writing career? The fact that so much has already been done. Every time I read a great book I get a little sad that I didn't think of it first. That the style has been done. That the plot is similar to ideas I've had. Now that Twain and Vonnegut have done their thing, honestly, what is there left to do, exactly?

PowerManDL
01-15-2003, 08:24 PM
Jane, what's this I hear about your college recruiter trying to pick you up?

With a bad accent at that.

:angel:

_-_v_-_
01-15-2003, 09:06 PM
Reminds me of last summer, when I was in DC with the Presidential Scholars.

(By the way, if you are at all considering this program, do so; it's freaking AMAZING).

We had the opportunity to watch the Presidential Art Scholars perform live; in other words, we saw *America's best* HS senior violinist, classical guitarist, dancers, singers, actors, composers, etc...

By the time it was finished I had forever sworn off piano, guitar, violin, dance, voice, acting, composing, painting, anthing more creative than a random literary dalliance here or there.

Yet though I sympathize with your plight (been there myself; some days I'm still there) there are answers, perhaps neither as clear nor easy as one might hope, but answers still. Since Ecclesiastes, and almost certainly before, poets have complained that there was "nothing new under the sun"; yet this has not in the least halted the expansion of art into previously unimagined media, nor slowed the necessary journey of the artist into possibility, into the darkness of infinite choice and infinite responsibility. The answer, of course, (as I'm sure you know by this point, given that you have probably reached it yourself long ago) is two-fold; either do better what others have done well; or, as Pound has written, "Make it new". Imagine how Eliot or Woolfmust have felt when first confronted the infinite weight of an accumulated literary history, how small and insignificant, how unready, how unworthy, daunted by such an impossible task -- reconciling a respect for a now bankrupt literary heritage while simultaneously transcending it and constructing a new and more relevant heritage.

End rant.

Sorry about that. You ever on MSN any more?

Delphi
01-15-2003, 11:21 PM
Let's see some workouts, damnit. *taps foot impatiently*

:spam:

Reinier
01-16-2003, 01:11 AM
Haha... i have it kind of different, when i read a book often im like, I could have thought of that, damnit :mad:

ps why dont you ever answer your cell :D

Jane
01-16-2003, 04:36 AM
Jane, what's this I hear about your college recruiter trying to pick you up?

With a bad accent at that.

:angel:
:redface: :redface: :redface:

It was YOU.

Holy sh*t Matt, you freaked me out. And how does this stuff get around so fast? lol.

Jane
01-16-2003, 04:38 AM
Reminds me of last summer, when I was in DC with the Presidential Scholars.

(By the way, if you are at all considering this program, do so; it's freaking AMAZING).
Already done it. :)

Thanks for the great advice. You're absolutely right. In the end, if I enjoy what I do, why should it matter how many other people enjoy what I do?

And I always forget to turn MSN on, for some reason. I'm retarded. Do you have an AIM name?

Jane
01-16-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Delphi
Let's see some workouts, damnit. *taps foot impatiently*

:spam:
Oh poop. I don't want to write my weights. lol. *taps foot nervously*

Jane
01-16-2003, 04:40 AM
Haha... i have it kind of different, when i read a book often im like, I could have thought of that, damnit :mad:

ps why dont you ever answer your cell :D
On the first point, yes, same frustration here.

On the second point, why? :)

Did you and Matthew collaborate in creating a frightening indian-man accent to spook my poor naive self? tuttut

Reinier
01-16-2003, 05:46 AM
indian man accent?..

anyway, why didn`t u pick up

_-_v_-_
01-16-2003, 08:55 AM
AIM=Voodoo3678.

Reinier
01-16-2003, 09:28 AM
AIM... bah

PowerManDL
01-16-2003, 11:24 AM
Did you and Matthew collaborate in creating a frightening indian-man accent to spook my poor naive self? tuttut

Excuse me, but Reinier will take no part in the genius that is the Sanjul voice, nor can he take credit for the clever plot of having found the number on the wall and calling for "a good time."

;)

Don't feel too bad Janey......I've fooled/scared lots of people with that gag :D

kimpy225
01-16-2003, 12:42 PM
cause its a bitter sweeet symphonnnnyyy

;) thats on the cruel intentions soundtrack!!
jane i hope you dont forget about me and leave me here at school
i am waiting here for you ya know :) in the library
how is math coming??

sanjul?
*bursts out laughing in computer lab... yes i got a few looks but its definitely worth it!!!* LOL sanjul!!!
jane you are silly

lol a fiction writer? i am good at making up stories. hehe i'll help you out and you can take all of the credit
i would love to write a nonfiction book about all of the funny things i have done in my life
or a book of the funniest convos/ things people have said and done dealing with me
i should just do that for myself!
hahahahahahahaa

Jane
01-16-2003, 06:44 PM
indian man accent?..

anyway, why didn`t u pick up
I rarely pick up my cell phone. :)

Leave a voicemail next time, eh?

Jane
01-16-2003, 06:45 PM

Excuse me, but Reinier will take no part in the genius that is the Sanjul voice, nor can he take credit for the clever plot of having found the number on the wall and calling for "a good time."

;)

Don't feel too bad Janey......I've fooled/scared lots of people with that gag :D
That WAS ingenious. I had thought some ex-boyfriend or angry friend or something wrote my number somewhere. Daaamn.

I hate you. :D

Jane
01-16-2003, 06:51 PM

how is math coming??

jane you are silly

lol a fiction writer? i am good at making up stories. hehe i'll help you out and you can take all of the credit
i would love to write a nonfiction book about all of the funny things i have done in my life
or a book of the funniest convos/ things people have said and done dealing with me
i should just do that for myself!
hahahahahahahaa
1. Math isn't coming. If you're asking how it's going, it's not going either. I just woke up.

2. Indeed I am Kimpy. Indeed I am. *twitch*

3. I will support you in this endeavour to the fullest extent. lol. No one will ever believe it's nonfiction, just like people don't really think Carroll was tripping when he wrote about the 'drink me' 'eat me' vials that made furniture grow. Critics will acclaim it as the best symbolic represenation of being high, like, ever.

Alex.V
01-16-2003, 06:54 PM
You're fired.

Jane
01-16-2003, 06:57 PM
Food is Good
EXACTLY the same as yesterday, to the very last string cheese. :D

Sleep
Too much. I really need to cram tonight.

That is all. Wow. This entry is officially my worst ever.

_-_v_-_
01-16-2003, 07:36 PM
Good luck with the cramming.

To quote Groening, School is hell...

Just some girl
01-16-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Belial
You're fired.

stop firing people!!!

:swear:

xraygirl
01-16-2003, 08:54 PM
OMG! That's hilarious! I used to do the fake IRS employee bit. Also had a Gallup pollster prank spiel.

PowerManDL
01-16-2003, 09:02 PM
Oh I've got plenty.

In fact, back when I used to be a hardcore drunk, that was everybody's favorite thing to do....hand me a phone and see who I'd abuse and what I'd come up with to do it :)

xraygirl
01-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Well, for some reason, I always ended up hanging out with people who couldn't find out **** about anyone. So I would do my bit and get dirt on the person. I should become a private investigator.

Jane
01-17-2003, 07:03 AM
PowerManDL, please explain the following:

Kimmy says:
"who needs that russian whore! i sure dont"

Thank you kindly. :)

PowerManDL
01-17-2003, 12:07 PM
It appears that someone doesn't like Russian whores.

I thought it was pretty self-explanatory to those with functional brains and logic skills :D

Reinier
01-17-2003, 03:04 PM
if you rarely pick up your cell then why own one :confused:

neway, i wanna speak to you (not that somethings up, just like to)

pm me ur home # other wise.

G-B
01-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Is Jane alive or has she met her demise?

ectx
01-25-2003, 12:50 PM
....tune in next time to the Dancing Cow Diaries.