PDA

View Full Version : Feeling STARVED Postworkout

MonStar
11-05-2002, 09:20 AM
I touched upon this with Saturday Fever in his journal I believe but I wanted to get some more opinions on this.

I am not sure how many of you guys have experienced this. Its not EVERY training day. Some training days, however, I feel starved all day. I am not sure if this is a horomal thing or just my body recovering from a tough workout or what. But my stomach is growling all damn day and no matter how much I eat I feel like its not enough to satisfy my hunger.

Anyone else experience this? Theories as to what it is?

AJ_11
11-05-2002, 09:23 AM
what kind of foods are you meating post workout? Also drink alot of h20.

MonStar
11-05-2002, 09:36 AM
Its not about food. Its about the hunger pangs.

YatesNightBlade
11-05-2002, 09:43 AM
Well it is about food coz your hungry.

Low Blood sugar casues this. Are you full after a meal ? are you having low GI foods ?

Tryska
11-05-2002, 09:45 AM
it happens to me when i'm training heavy. jsut eat and eat clean. your body needs that fuel for recovery, and it's upped your metabolism a notch, to get that fuel in.

Fudomyo
11-07-2002, 01:54 PM
If you are hungry all day long, then it is just a sugar crash cycle.

About 2 hrs after your high carb/calorie meal, you still have a ton of insulin in your blood stream. However, all your carbs have been absorbed, or turned into glycogen. Result == damn hungry.

When you eat again, you just start the cycle over again.

At least for myself, I find it nearly impossible to kick out of this mode until the next day, even if I eat nice small meals, hard to digest, etc....

If you have a big anaerobic workout, you will make lots of GH. This makes me a$$ starving. Could be this as well. Couple this with your high GI post workout shake and you become an eating machine.

Hope that helps.
Fudo

smalls
11-07-2002, 08:55 PM
Hunger? Whats that.