PDA

View Full Version : Eating to gain

Robert
11-05-2002, 09:28 AM
Hi all!

What do you think about eating as much food 24/7 inorder to gain weight. I'm 13.5 stone about 89kg in weight and want to get uo to over 100kg by christmas. I'm trying to build just a foundation just now and then once i acheive my size i'll chizzle and sculpt my body down.

I don't really care about having fat around my waist. I just want to get as big as possible and lift a **** load of weight in the bench press, deadlift and squat. So should i eat like a pig or is it a bad idea do you think?

Robert:strong:

Workhorse
11-05-2002, 09:37 AM
Eating like a pig may be a bad idea, unless it equates to the proper amount of calories that you need to add mass. And you still want to try to eat farily clean so that you're not just choking down Big Mac's and suspersize fries!

Fitday.com is a good place to determine your daily recommended calorie needs, and if you add 500 on to the number they give you, it should start you on the way to gaining weight!

You're trying to put on almost 25 pounds in about 8 weeks, that's a ton of weight. About 3 pounds per week. If you can gain 1-2 a week, that should enusre that most of it is quality mass. I don't think you want to gain weight just for the sake of gaining weight or just to reach a number on some scale. If you're going to gain weight, try to make sure its QUALITY mass. This is just my opinion, but that should give you a good starting point. And try to aim for 1.5g of protein per pound of LBM you have. Which for you, is probably about 240g of protein.

Workhorse

Robert
11-05-2002, 09:45 AM
Cheers for the info. Workhorse

Robert

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-05-2002, 10:00 AM
Rob, ain't nothing fun about getting fat. Nor will getting fat necessarily equate to added strength.

Better off going for 0.5-1lb gain a week by manipulating calories like workhorse said.

Darcy Tucker
11-05-2002, 12:30 PM
Go to www.labrada.com and get the lean body program.. Lee explains that calories don't drive muscular growth, nutrients do...etc..