PDA

View Full Version : Eating: Scheduling for longer than normal days.

Max-Mex
11-07-2002, 12:34 PM
Hopefully I can get some good info on my dilemma. I try to eat 5-6 meals a day, every 2-3 hours. This seems like it shouldn't be a problem, but here's the catch: my normal day last about 18 hours. This is from the time I get up to the time I literally get into bed. This is during the week. My weekends are more "normal" so to speak. A normal weekday for me starts around 5:30am. I get into the gym by 6-7am, and I'm outta there by 9am. I usually work until 10 or 11pm and get to bed, if I'm lucky, by 11:30 or midnight. I don't go to the gym everyday so let's get that out of the way. On days I don't go to the gym, I'm up by 7am but still go to bed by around 11 or midnight.

I'm having problems figuring out how to schedule my meals and how to divy up my calories. I'm not counting calories right now, but I will when I start to cut in March-April. If I can get on some kinda of schedule, it'll be easier to eat right when I begin to cut.

If I go with 6 meals every 2 hours, that covers 12 hours of my time, but still leaves 6 hours on my long days. I could try 6 meals every 3 hours, but I'm wonderng if 3 hours is too long to wait. Here's the other problem: For me, it's better that I have more calories for breakfast than any other meal. I notice when I do this, I feel much better during the day. However, this means I'll have to reduce the calories for the other meals.

I know I should give more info like weight, caloric intake, etc etc. I just want to get some general ideas and opinions on this. Thanks!

raniali
11-07-2002, 01:30 PM
eat every 3 hrs - there is no prob with that

i find eating a consistent amount of cals easiest for me - but if eating more for breakfast is best for u - then just be concerned about the TOTAL DAILY intake

another idea -- eat less more often -- maybe 7-8 meals instead of 6 if you like the idea of eating every 2 hrs --- obviously less cals per meal

don't stress that much - i think you are on the right track

Tryska
11-07-2002, 01:34 PM
eat around the clock max mex. i started doing that and it was the easiest way to divvy stuff up and accomodate my shifting schedules.

eating aroudn the clock = 3am-6am-9am-12pm-3pm-6pm-9pm-12am

that way whenever you wake up you can start eating on the next hour and just eat at every appointed time until it's time to go to sleep.

Max-Mex
11-08-2002, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the tips ladies. I guess I'll have to carry a bag of food with me. Great...even more stuff to cart around! :)