PDA

View Full Version : eggs?

daddyb
06-29-2001, 10:28 AM
why do so many people eat alot of egg whites, but usually don't eat the yolks also. Cholesterol or fat scare?

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-29-2001, 10:32 AM
Calorie control generally.

I don't care, i eat them whole.

the doc
06-29-2001, 10:36 AM
i eat at least 4 whole a day.

daddyb
06-29-2001, 10:42 AM
I eat about four whole a day too...but I have been seeing alot of bodybuilder diets that just eat the whites and wasn't really sure why?

Frankster
06-29-2001, 10:54 AM
Cause they are juiced up dumbasses

or what the others said :D
rah rah rah (tm)*

*rah rah rah is a trademark of The Chicken Daddy Ltd.

heathj
06-29-2001, 11:05 AM
Whites have no fat, no cholesterol and carry most of the protein within the egg. Let's say you have a whole egg with about 6 grams of protein. About 4 grams of that protein will be carried within the white, along with 0 grams of fat. The yolk has about 2 grams of protein in that same egg, carrying along 2.5 grams of fat. So, if you want to lower calories, and lower fat, but still keep your protein higher, egg whites are the way to go.

breeze
06-29-2001, 11:27 AM
Also, the yolk is high in cholesterol.

the doc
06-29-2001, 11:35 AM
Yes the yolk has the cholesterol, it also has all of the vits, essential fatty acids, and more good protein

I can't believe people just throw them yolks away.
The link between dietary cholesterol and blood serum concentrations has been debunked. How do you think adkins dieters live? They should be dead in a week with all that animal tissue they consume. But there not. Wonder why?

Unless your already on a cholesterol restricted diet (from your physician) i would not be concerned.

breeze
06-29-2001, 12:17 PM
Doc, I am not so sure about that. Eating 5 whole eggs a day has to put a choke hold on your arteries. Animal flesh have far less cholesterol than egg yolk. GOD, this f#$&ing server is so damn sloowwwww.

hemants
06-29-2001, 12:50 PM
"The link between dietary cholesterol and blood serum concentrations has been debunked"

This is not correct. tuttut

What Doc is probably referring to is recent studies that indicate that dietary cholesterol affects blood serum cholesterol in roughly 25% of the population.

More problematic than cholesterol, however, is the saturated fat content of eggs. There is a much stronger link between dietary saturated fat and blood serum cholesterol.

That's why bodybuilders obsess on egg whites but eat whole eggs in moderaton.

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-29-2001, 01:41 PM
LMAO @ frankster!

the doc
06-29-2001, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by hemants
"The link between dietary cholesterol and blood serum concentrations has been debunked"

This is not correct. tuttut

What Doc is probably referring to is recent studies that indicate that dietary cholesterol affects blood serum cholesterol in roughly 25% of the population.

More problematic than cholesterol, however, is the saturated fat content of eggs. There is a much stronger link between dietary saturated fat and blood serum cholesterol.

That's why bodybuilders obsess on egg whites but eat whole eggs in moderaton.

yes hemants, your right, thanks for the clarification:)

The saturated fat is certainly an issue. However, most people dont want to eat more than a few eggs a day.

bbers have this strange obsession with protein so they want eggs without all that sat fat.

There are actually some eggs that are low in sat fat and actually contain a substantial amount of omega-3 and vit E. Unfortunately they are more expensive. :(

Alex.V
06-29-2001, 02:22 PM
doc- sounds good to me, regardless of price. What eggs are these?

mesmall
07-01-2001, 01:56 PM
Here in Ontario they are called Omega 3, costing $ 2.79 a dozen
Eggs are produced by young hens being fed grains,flax seed and canola oil.
50 gram serving= 1 large egg
75 calories
6.3g protein
4.5g fat
1.2g polyunsaturates
0.4g omega 3
0.7g omega 6
2.0g monounsaturates
1.2g saturates
175mg cholesterol
0.6g carbs

Recommended daily intake
vitamin A- 30%
vit. B6-22%
vit. B12- 75%
vit. E- 50%

:cool:

the doc
07-01-2001, 03:37 PM
www.egglandsbest.com

They sell them at the local kroger for ~2.50/dozen

I used to get them, until i started eating so many eggs, but i suppose i should be eating these if im gonna eat so many!:rolleyes:

They taste good!

heathj
07-01-2001, 03:41 PM
Just like yo mamma! ;)

Tryska
07-01-2001, 04:11 PM
doc..are the ones at kroger freerange?

the doc
07-01-2001, 09:09 PM
free range egg layers? I'm not sure. Their website has a lot of information and you can actually mail questions as i remember.

Tryska
07-02-2001, 06:26 AM
actually that was a stupid question, because if they are being fed a specific diet they are not freerange....:rolleyes:

anyways..i will check out the website..thanks.

SweatHawg
07-04-2001, 12:32 AM
I know a couple that has an emu ranch& the eggs from these things are huge, a little bigger than a grapefruit.
I have been wanting to get some of the eggs to eat but they tell me they are very oily & if you don't cook them just right they are like rubber....wonder how they rate health wise compared to a chicken egg...??:confused:

c_8nOM
07-04-2001, 08:03 AM
lol Emu Egg~~!!

IceRgrrl
07-04-2001, 08:10 AM
Two years ago my neighbor thought he was going to get rich quick raising emus...

The meat was okay, never tried the eggs, but after witnessing these dumb animals and having to deal w/ the smell when the wind blew the wrong way has put me off of emu forever.