PDA

View Full Version : MMAC's Journal to Hulkness.

mmac
11-08-2002, 06:03 PM
Well not exactly hulkness, I would rather look like superman then Hulk, but thats a different topic all together. Anyways this is pretty much my first post that I have made myself do to keep my lifting consistent and intense.

I am 20 yr old Junior at Umaine college. I weighed 155 about 3 weeks ago and now tip the scale at about 161-163 depending on my intake of the day. I come from a wrestling background which I feel has made me pretty lean between 9-11% body fat. Back when I was 18 I was quite strong but have lost alot of strength due to a few to many budlites and coors lites, but I am back at it.

My current diet is an inexpensive one. It consists of PB and fluffs, tuna sandwiches, potatoes, steak, chicken, milk and cereal. I follow every lift with a vitamin, L glutamine, and creatine in a protein shake. (really chunky but nice choclate flavor.)

My routine isnt set, I like to mix things up alot and have no real split. Instead I listen to my body and it tells me when I am ready to lift again. But I am not afraid of overtraining because I am a pretyt much newbie.

My goals are.....
Current Goal
weight 161 180
Bench 195X5 245
Leg Press Not really sure, I do 6 plates now in sets, but 8 in sets would be nice.
Thats about if for now. Oh yeah, dont feel pressured to comment on my blabbering, its just nice to vent some thoughts every here and there. More to come the day after next.

Ryan Mac.

mmac
11-10-2002, 12:40 AM
Was an off lifting day for me. Just trying to get in the habit of writing here. I went home for the day from college and Mom and Dad made me some nice meals. Even commented on how broad my shoulders are looking. Today I had about 4lbs of Chinese food which I think is awesome for bulking. I hear Cat is loaded with protein and carbs.

Franjipani
11-10-2002, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by mmac
Oh yeah, dont feel pressured to comment on my blabbering, its just nice to vent some thoughts every here and there.

Its your journal you can do what you please;).

Good luck with achieving your goals:thumbup:

Miss Rezza
11-10-2002, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by mmac
I hear Cat is loaded with protein and carbs.

*covers eyes, and pretends she never read that* :(

on a side note..... welcome and goodluck!!!

mmac
11-10-2002, 08:56 PM
Just joking about the cat.....the "beef" and "chicken" are great in chinese food. haha.

Anyways thanks for wishing me good luck Franjipani.

I did my weekly weigh in today and I weighed 162 which made me content. Ill be happy with a .5-1lb gain per week. Today I did legs and this is waht I did.

Hack Squats

Warmup..
12X135
8X185
8X185

Leg Press
12X180 (180 is just the plates, not sure what the machine weighs with no plates, if anyone knows I would love the info)
8X270
8X320 (this hurt but I finally pushed it out)

Quad presses

120X8 (paid special attention to move the weight in a smooth motion)
100Xfatique

Calf Presses
270X15

Thats what I did today and my legs were so shaky when I was done. I hope to incorperated Squats instead of the leg presses soon, but I would really like a partner first.

I finished my lift off with a glass of CellTech (free cell tech is good celltech, too expensive for me)
10 oz Steak, Glass of milk, and some pasta...mmmmm.

Well see ya tommorrow when its arm and shoulder day. Im gonna post some pics soon also. See you guys later.

mmac
11-11-2002, 07:31 PM
Back again. Well it was shoulders and arms day. I stupidly signed up for a physical fitness test which killed me. I didnt realize how much endurance I lost. But if your curious I did 52 situps in a minute. and ran the 40 in 4.9 or so. THen into the gym.

Dumbell military presses
35x10
40x8
40x8

Shrugs
60x8
60x8
60x8

Incline curls
25x8
30x8
35x8

Dumbell Curls
35x8
35x8
35x8

Tricep pushdowns

Not sure of the weight but the tris were killing when I was done. Just finishing up my celltech drink right now then gonna make some homemade french fries are excellent. If y our curoius cut up potatoes into french fries shapes. Put them in a pan with a touch of olive oil. Bake at 375 until you like them. Short amount of time=soggy, long time = crunchier. Little bit of salt and ketchup = good.

mmac
11-14-2002, 06:15 PM
Well I am back after a 2 day break. Back to my chest and back day. Here is how it went.

Bench Press
Bar X 12 (get the blood flowing.)
135X 8
185X8
205X4

incline dumbell press
55X8
55x8
55x8

Flat bench Flies
25X10 with perfect form and flexing the whole time.

Lat pull down
I leaned back slightly and pull down to my chest making sure my back was doing all the work.

110X 8
110X8
110X8

DB rows
55X8
55X8
55X8

Row using the pulley thing.

100X8
100X8

Im done. Im going to up my calories to 3500-4000. Eating 50 g carbs per serving. 30 g protein, 10 g fat. About 6 servings a day.
Well see ya tommorrow.....leg day...mmm.