PDA

View Full Version : eating after drinking

AJ_11
11-09-2002, 12:20 AM
Do any of you eat after drinking?

I usually do and it' s cottage cheese with a vegetable and some flax.

Shao-LiN
11-09-2002, 12:49 AM
After drinking what?

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-09-2002, 06:57 AM
I don't eat carbs or fat after drinking.

I dunno if there's scientific reasons behind it, but usually anything you eat when drinking is put aside and stored for later metabolism. Any fat you eat when drinking, gets stored as fat (or a good majority of it at least).

Berserker
11-09-2002, 05:11 PM
Eating while drinking is what really makes you fat. When your drinking all the bad stuff looks good. If you've had a good deal to drink something lite is a good idea. You'll feel alot better. Especially if your not a seasoned drunk. When me a my buddy go out I eat he doesn't. I wake up feeling great. Ya its extra cals, but if your not a hardcore drunk and don't it all the time your better off. especially if the next you want to work out. Just don't be a pig, which is so easy when drinking. I put on alot of weight in college, I'd eat before the bar and then eat when I got home. Buts that 5-7 nights a week.
Berserker

AJ_11
11-10-2002, 02:12 AM
WOuldn't it be beneficial especially if you haven't eaten in a while. Especially if you dance you use energy and if you didn't eat wouldn't you been missing a chance to put something good into your body. I try to eat clean when I come home from the bar. so a least i am getting some nutrients. I am not a Hardcore drinker but my friends are so there is temptation. It doesn't help that i work at a bar.

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-10-2002, 07:43 AM
Well that's why i eat just protein.

I'm not overly sure though.

Berserker
11-10-2002, 09:48 AM
Pickled eggs.

Shankerr
11-10-2002, 09:46 PM
Pizza :-) unfortunately, to get home from the bars here, we have to go thru Pizza Corner (an intersection of two streets, with pizza shops on three of the four corners) Only now and then though, most of the time, i just come home and go to bed... I just drink alot of water before I hi the sack.

i think you're safer with some cottage cheese or egg whites or something if you can get coordinated enough to prepare it in your drunken state ;-)

wibble
11-10-2002, 11:02 PM
Sounds like Halifax. ;)

Stray
11-11-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
I don't eat carbs or fat after drinking.

I dunno if there's scientific reasons behind it, but usually anything you eat when drinking is put aside and stored for later metabolism. Any fat you eat when drinking, gets stored as fat (or a good majority of it at least).

I agree with this theory...I imagine your body is freaking out thats it's just been flooded with a toxin and is more worried about processing the alcohol than the food in your gut.

So it sits and goes to your arse...

Shankerr
11-11-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by wibble
Sounds like Halifax. ;)

haha, oooh, it is definitely an example of Halifax at its best, stumble out of the Dome (aka, meat market) or maybe one of the nice places.. and gotta go right thru pizza corner.. I think its like the alternate pickup place for everyone that didn';t already hook up in the bar..

wibble
11-12-2002, 07:14 PM
Hahaha definately. Man I miss Hali. Damn me and my dropping out. :rolleyes:

Pizza Corner has the best pizza I've ever had. And the Liquor Dome... what can I say. I know I love it. I'll find my way back out again... ;D