PDA

View Full Version : Calorie needs on CKD?

Silverback
11-09-2002, 07:19 AM
At present as u probably know im cutting, to lose a pound a week i consume around 2100cals but should this alter with CKD?

it is the only aspect of the diet im unsure of now, cheers

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-09-2002, 07:23 AM
Keto is not a means of, but a result of (inefficient) fat burning. Therefore your calorie needs on a keto diet are no different to any other diet.

Silverback
11-09-2002, 07:26 AM
cheers , man, i knew you were around, so i could get a quick answer, now im happy. Just heard some rumors that you had to eat more cals, but that is now rubbished as you know what your talking about :)
cheers

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-09-2002, 07:38 AM
How is the fat loss going?

Shao-LiN
11-09-2002, 09:12 AM
Calorie deficit is a calorie deficit...if you want to shed the fat, you need a deficit.

Silverback
11-09-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
How is the fat loss going?

today is the start of the 5th week cutting phase and at my weigh in i stood at 200lbs thats a loss of about 4lbs.

The strange thing is my abs, arms legs have lost quite a bit of fat but the muscles in my legs have got bigger! (circumfrence 26 inches) with the new sprint routine ive adopted.

Monday was the start of my keto i felt funny till thursday but after that the hazyness went. Im starting my carb up today and focused on complex carbs but consumed some simple i.e. powerade after a soccer game.

I think im getting the hang of it next week should go better, the hardest part is switching away from high protein to high fat.

Any tips you have would be really appreciated, i need all the help i can get, i planned on doing a 14 week cut, in time for christmas, but maybe it will take longer as i want to keep the majority of my muscle.

BR

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-09-2002, 01:34 PM
Tip: keep fat intake low during the carb loads.

Problem: there's only 6 weeks till christmas, so a 14 week cut before then is physically impossible.

Blood&Iron
11-09-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

Problem: there's only 6 weeks till christmas, so a 14 week cut before then is physically impossible.
Don't you mean it's temporally impossible?

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-09-2002, 06:59 PM
I have no idea.

I mean a lot of things.

Silverback
11-10-2002, 02:43 AM
lol,

that is true i cant do a 14 week b4 christmas, what do you think i should adopt to either incorporate a bit of cheating over christmas, and continue diet after?

or just cut diet short but go all out to get cut by then?

Shao-LiN
11-10-2002, 03:13 AM
Christmas is like 1 day, you'll survive. Treat it like a refeed or something.

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-10-2002, 07:45 AM
Going all out just to get for christmas will probably result in more muscle loss than you'd like.

Just do what Shao says and treat it as a cheat day or something. After christmas, get back on the wagon.