PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip Munchies?

AdamGberg
11-09-2002, 12:56 PM
i have about a 2 and half hour trip between college and home. i usually bye a big gatorade and some combos (cheese pretzel type things). you guys have any other ideas what i can get at the gas station that would hold me over? i don't know if i eat cuz i am bored...but usually i just get the munchies while driving "long" trips. thanks:burger:

Frozenmoses
11-09-2002, 01:03 PM
Beef Jerky. Good source of gas station protein.

AdamGberg
11-09-2002, 03:59 PM
it is also a good source of gas :fart: something i don't wanna have while in the car;)

Yanick
11-09-2002, 04:16 PM
Well seeing as you can pretty much wait 3 hours between meals you can hold off on the food, assuming you eat right before you leave. If you MUST have something while driving, mix up a tuna salad on WW bread. Thats a perfect on the go meal IMO. Small, has a balance of macro's and you can eat it fairly quickly without a mess.

AdamGberg
11-09-2002, 04:29 PM
i know i can wait...it is just like because i am kindda bored my brain tells my stomach to get hungry...just trying to keep my body happy...tuna sounds...i eat soo much of it

Yanick
11-09-2002, 04:32 PM
Well, the underlying point of my post (sorry i didn't clearly express it) is that you should pre plan and not buy gas station crap. Make a meal, any meal pull over and eat it, even if its brown rice and chicken or a sweet potato or something. Just stay away from combos and gatorade, unless your refeeding.

AdamGberg
11-09-2002, 04:35 PM
oh, good point there....thanks yanick.
i guess it would be good to bring food along...but gatorade would still be my drink of choice...not good to fall asleep at the wheel

_-_v_-_
11-09-2002, 04:38 PM
That's why they made Diet Coke.

Yanick
11-09-2002, 04:39 PM
if you're worried about a lack of energy a sweet potato would be a much better choice than gatorade. While gatorade will give an almost immediate energy boost (quick absorption) the end result will be low blood sugar with high insulin which will not only cause lethargy but will make you hungry.

A sweet potato will work as time released energy. It will be absorbed slowly and provide an 'IV drip' of glucose.

EDIT:gatorade has caffiene in it? If it does, ignore my whole post above :D

Berserker
11-09-2002, 05:13 PM
Milk and beef jerky. Cheese.

flake
11-09-2002, 08:54 PM
burger king drive through :)

AdamGberg
11-10-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by frankm007
... i love me'nuts! :D

hahaha, 'nough said..that is just plain funny taken out of context