PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Blues

jaydidas
11-13-2002, 03:26 PM
I've been bulking for a little over a month now and have gained 10 lbs, which is good. I'd like to go up to 180lbs. Started at 160lbs. I do 4050 calories a day (521g carbs; 260g protein, 74g fat).

HOWEVER, I am STUFFED. I am FULL a lot of times, and I space it out every 2 - 3hours. Right now, I'm on meal #3, and that's it, my body wants to shut down b/c it can't take in any more food. I don't even want to eat the rest of the day.

Anybody else go through similar problems where you're just not hungry, or can't stuff anymore food into you even tho you've eaten 2.5 - 3 hours ago?

d221
11-14-2002, 06:18 AM
Post your diet plan mate!! maybe somebody can give you some pointers. I know how you feel as i am bulking at the minute, and occasionaly i suffer from that full feeling.

D221

MRJ
11-14-2002, 12:30 PM
Try modifying your diet to contain more calorie dense foods. (higher fat content)

The extra fat won't make you fat in my experience as long as you keep the total calories in check and/or your daily caloric expenditure does not change significantly.

If you maintain a slight caloric surplus your gains shouldn't suffer. (don't forget to adjust accordingly as you gain weight)

Y2A
11-14-2002, 01:59 PM
Fat is calorie dense, but filling as well. IMO extra carbs will give you calories and not necessarily fill you up. I dont know, Im always hungry.

GuitarPlayer
11-15-2002, 12:21 PM
this might sound blasphemous BUT

i find that doing cardio in the morning, just a little, makes me so hungry during the day that i cannot stop eating. some days i'm so hungry i 8 meals. i more than make up for lost calories when i do cardio, and burn a little fat in the process. it rules. give cardio a whirl. even 20 minutes should do the trick.