PDA

View Full Version : Cardio

AJ_11
11-14-2002, 07:07 PM
I am wondering if you guys follow the same rules for cardio as you do w/ using weights. What i mean the ratio of carbs to protein in your shake, and then the meal about an hour later.

And while I got you here what ratios do you use after a workout, then in your meal after.

Paul Stagg
11-15-2002, 10:44 AM
I don't.

I don't necessarily eat right after doing cardio if that's all I do.

Tiare
11-15-2002, 09:01 PM
When doing cardio, I focus on what I eat BEFORE I work out more than after.

About 1/2 an hour before intense cardio workout I take in about 70/20/10 (c/p/f) and I wait 45 minutes after to eat again. Afterward, I pretty much eat what I want as long as it's not sugar. Usually what I want works out to a piece of fruit and some cottage cheese.

My theory behind this is that my body will need the energy and the glucose from the pre-meal to keep from metabolizing my muscles. That and I like eating like that before my cardio.

TurboStu
11-16-2002, 05:24 PM
I try not to eat before, and not right after either. I will do it in the morning when I wake up, then I will go about my day, but I try not to eat before, while, or very soon after cardio.

AJ_11
11-17-2002, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by TurboStu
I try not to eat before, and not right after either. I will do it in the morning when I wake up, then I will go about my day, but I try not to eat before, while, or very soon after cardio.

If your doing a HIIT cardio session and don't eat before then wouldn't your body go into a catabolic state? wouldn't the same window of oppertunity apply since you are working your muscles.