PDA

View Full Version : Real Men Can Eat Soy (M+F JAN)

Silverback
11-16-2002, 05:52 AM
Read this article and thought it might interest some of the members as soy seems to get a terrible rep.

"While you may have heard that soy products contain isoflavones that act like estrogens (female sex hormones). Experts say most men needn't be concerned about losing their masculinity every time they eat tofu.

According to a recent review by Mindy Kurzer. PhD, of the Department of Food Science and Nutrition at Minnesota University. soy isoflavones dont have strong feminizing effects-they wont cause breast formation in men, among other myths-and arn't otherwise likely to be toxic in dietary amounts.

Kurzers review, which covered aspects of soy on sex steroid levels in men and women, similarly suggested that soy is unlikely to lower test levels, worsen semen quality or otherwise affect male fertility, especially in amounts normally consumed. In fact the review cited a number of studies suggesting a mild protective effect of soy against prostate cancer"

im not saying this is gospel, but its a study that has shown no negative effects. so it is encouraging although it doesnt change the fact that it tastes like poop!

Blood&Iron
11-16-2002, 08:41 AM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=292637&highlight=soy#post292637

Ti1301
11-17-2002, 05:00 AM
I am probably the only guy on this forum that supports Soy Protein.
Now Whey for me, Supro is the way to go for me.

Silverback
11-17-2002, 05:10 AM
from the reading i have done Ti1301, i can confidently say that i'll be eating soy protein from time to time, sainsburys do some good soy bolognaise which actually tastes good, but im staying away from tofu cos it tastes like cardboard.

if i grow some bitch tits i'll let you know :D

Ti1301
11-18-2002, 04:57 PM
from the reading i have done Ti1301, i can confidently say that i'll be eating soy protein from time to time, sainsburys do some good soy bolognaise which actually tastes good, but im staying away from tofu cos it tastes like cardboard.

if i grow some bitch tits i'll let you know
HA HA, Don't worry about big ron, research has shown you will not get breasts, it'l all myth.