View Full Version : Keto carb up
11-16-2002, 11:10 AM
How many cals should you be eating on keto when carbing up?
im currently eating 1900-2100cals 4 5 days then 2 day carb up but im not sure how high the cals should be.
only a quicky cheers.
11-16-2002, 03:52 PM
Taken from Lyle McDonald's book The Ketogenic Diet
Summary of Guidelines for glycogen supercompensation on the CKD:
1. 5 hours prior to your final workout before the carb up, consume 25-50 grams of carbs with some protien to begin the shift out of ketosis. Small amounts of protien and fat may be added to this meal.
2. 2 hours prior to the final workout, consume 25-50 grams of glucose and fructose (such as fruit) to refill liver glycogen.
3. The level of glycogen resynthesis depends on the duration of the carb-up and the amount of carbohydrates consumed. In 24 hours, glycogen levels of 100-110 mmol/kg can be achieved as long as 10g of carbs/kg of LBM is consumed. During the second 24 hours of carbing, an intake of 5g carbs/kg of LBM is recommended.
4. During the first 24 hours the macronutrient ratios should be 70% carbs, 15% protien, and 15% fat.
5. As long as sufficient amounts of carbs are consumed, the type and timing of intake is relatively less important. However, some data suggests the higher glycogen levels can be attained over 24 hours, if higher GI carbs are consumed. If carbing is continued past 24 hours, lower GI foods should be consumed.
-Hope this helps
11-16-2002, 07:54 PM
cheers Bradly, the info you have provided is quality, what do you think of lyle's book? you have brought some quality to WBB and i appreciate your post if you ever want to chat about diet, training etc... just pm me and id be more than happy to chat.
11-17-2002, 07:16 AM
Yeah I just finished reading it about two days ago. Great book and informative. I will pm you sometime when I see you are online, as I would like to here how the CKD is progressing.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.