PDA

View Full Version : 9% fat to 6% or 5% advice?

matrosa
11-16-2002, 09:02 PM
First, WannaBeBig is superb. Found it a couple weeks ago and have been devouring it daily. I wish I had a nickle for every person I've told about it.

Following Skip Lacour's carb rotation advice ( veg and fruits for 2-days / grains for 2-days) I've managed to lose 13 pounds (mostly fat in just over two months. Not sure if it was the carb rotating or the inherent decrease in calories on veg. days. Either way I'm down to a respectable 9% bodyfat which I'm pleased with (199lb. 6ft. - obviously not a huge guy). I can tell I've stagnated...I guess I'm wondering on advice to lose that last bit of fat to get down to 5ish%. Kinda want to see how ripped I can get and still feel good. I've read a LOT on the CKD but am wondering if that might be overkill and a little more radical than I need to go. Although I'm willing to try it if that's the concensus here. Thanks in advance for ANY input.

Matrosa

num
11-16-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by matrosa
[B]First, WannaBeBig is superb. Found it a couple weeks ago and have been devouring it daily. I wish I had a nickle for every person I've told about it.

Same thing here :)

num
11-16-2002, 10:31 PM
As far as Bodyfat goes..... I think 5% is getting kinda unhealthy.

bradley
11-17-2002, 06:13 AM
When getting to that low of a bf% might want to start incorporating refeeds every 3 days or so. Try doing a search on refeeds and you should come up with some good threads.

gino
11-18-2002, 12:33 PM
Unless you are a genetic freak, maintaining 5% bodyfat for an extended period of time will be nearly impossible, and almost totally impossible if you'd like to keep the lean muscle mass you currently have. Losing 1-2% from where you currently are should be achievable through tweaking your current diet. I tried maintaining 6% bodyfat without losing muscle mass, and it was very difficult. I lasted less that 2 months, and went back up to my comfort zone of 8-10%. I lost a pound or two of lean body weight and a little strength, and didn't look that much leaner at 6% than I do at 8-9%.