PDA

View Full Version : Beans!

Budiak
11-17-2002, 09:26 PM
I know its extremely simple, its inspiration from when I went to London last year, but one of my favorite meals is fried eggs with pork and beans, and toast. The pork and beans go so well with fried eggs..

Give it a try, I was skeptical at first too, but its easy and loaded with delicious calories!

Pup
11-18-2002, 07:40 AM
While on the topic of bean dishes...I have a most excellent black bean concoction great for bulking.

1/2 cup black beans
1/2 lb lean ground beef
2tbsp sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheese

heat black beans in microwave for like a minute and a half, then heat up ground beef and shredded cheese for same time. Mix em together and top with sour cream.

body
11-18-2002, 02:59 PM
when i cook baked beans,

I add a cap full of olive oil. though thats more for health than flavour reasons.

rookiebldr
11-18-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by just_a_pup
While on the topic of bean dishes...I have a most excellent black bean concoction great for bulking.

1/2 cup black beans
1/2 lb lean ground beef
2tbsp sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheese

heat black beans in microwave for like a minute and a half, then heat up ground beef and shredded cheese for same time. Mix em together and top with sour cream.

Your making me hungry! ummmm

Budiak
11-20-2002, 03:26 AM
Pup, it doesnt seem to me that cooking the ground beef in the microwave would be very...convenient or tasty.

Do you mean precooked ****? I...I HATE EVERYTHING!

I've not slept in 3 days..forgive me, white devil.

WillKuenzel
11-20-2002, 03:32 AM
If you cooked the ground beef in the skillet then when it was done you could toss in the beans and cheese and let it simmer for a minute.

Then empty into a bowl and add sour cream.

Pup, do you cook a most of your ground beef at once? I noticed you got a lot of it in your diet. I can't imagine cooking it everyday. Eating, yes. Cooking, nah.

Pup
11-20-2002, 07:24 AM
Yea...i cook it a couple pounds at a time then section it off in tuppeware. That's how i usually do it with the beans...i think dieting has made me goofy.

WillKuenzel
11-21-2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by just_a_pup
Yea...i cook it a couple pounds at a time then section it off in tuppeware. That's how i usually do it with the beans...i think dieting has made me goofy. Nah, that's the samething I do. I buy and cook in bulk. Weekends and Wednesdays are about the only days I get to cook so tupperware is my friend, yes.

Back to topic about pork and beans with eggs.
I stayed for a week in London and that's what I had every morning I was there. Definitely some good stuff. Infact that's what I'm going to have for breakfast when I get home from work.

Budiak
11-22-2002, 12:11 AM
I stayed for a week in London and that's what I had every morning I was there. Definitely some good stuff. Infact that's what I'm going to have for breakfast when I get home from work.

Yeah, me too! It was beans, fried eggs, and a piece of ham. With toast and tea. Delicious! I eat it almost every day. Lots of calories, good protein, throw in a glass of milk and you'll never want to eat again.