PDA

View Full Version : Side-Chest shot at 192 lbs.

BennettBoy
11-19-2002, 09:40 AM
OK, my first ever picture in a posing suit :eek:

Comments good and bad welcomed. Sorry for the poor lighting.

Accipiter
11-19-2002, 09:42 AM
where's the picture???? hahaha I just had to do that

GonePostal
11-19-2002, 09:47 AM
Nice pic =) Lookin big!
Quite the color for a posing suit =)

chris mason
11-19-2002, 09:47 AM
Looks great.

A suggestion.

Arch your back more, stick out your chest.

Draw your right shoudler back just a tad, that combined with the above will make your upper torso appear thicker. Give it a try and repost a pic, I would like to see a comparison.

Relentless
11-19-2002, 10:05 AM
another thought... maybe you could also try the side chest pose with arms up and out a bit more? you have good arms/delts and you could use them to a bit better advantage in that pose, I think

Smiling wouldn't hurt, either. ;)

Ya definitely look bigger, mate.

ericg
11-19-2002, 10:13 AM
nice pic man, would be interested in what chris said as well.

like the color of the suit, will look cool when u are all tanned up

Reinier
11-19-2002, 10:14 AM
you look good, specially for an old guy !
:evillaugh:

Savannah
11-19-2002, 10:16 AM
I totally love the suit colour you picked!!
BennetBoy you look awesome right now and I can't wait to see what you'll look like on stage all tanned and oiled up!

Mik
11-19-2002, 10:53 AM
Lookin' huge Craig! I'd like to see another pic with Chris' suggestions as well.

BennettBoy
11-19-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by chris mason
Looks great.

A suggestion.

Arch your back more, stick out your chest.

Draw your right shoudler back just a tad, that combined with the above will make your upper torso appear thicker. Give it a try and repost a pic, I would like to see a comparison.

Thanks chris. Posing is not a strength right now for sure. In fact I just starting trying to learn about it with a video I ordered.

I will retake another picture tonight trying your suggestions and post it in this thread tomorrow.

BennettBoy
11-19-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Reinier
you look good, specially for an old guy !
:evillaugh:

STFU :evillaugh

No really thanks Reinier.

BennettBoy
11-19-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Savannah
I totally love the suit colour you picked!!
BennetBoy you look awesome right now and I can't wait to see what you'll look like on stage all tanned and oiled up!

Are you serious.....you like that color? I ordered this last year when I thought I would compete, but chickened out. I was honestly going to order a black one. I'm conservative and too bashful to be very flambouyant. :)

BennettBoy
11-19-2002, 11:21 AM
Thanks ericg and Callahan. I'll give it another whirl tonight to see if it looks any better. If not tonight, I'll do it Wednesday when I have an off day from lifting.

Pup
11-19-2002, 11:39 AM
You look off the hook man...considering you are like a ways away from even starting a pre-contest diet, and try chris' suggestion about the pose...it'll bring out the striations in your pecs and bring in a bit more trap :)

ericg
11-19-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by BennettBoy

Are you serious.....you like that color? I ordered this last year when I thought I would compete, but chickened out. I was honestly going to order a black one. I'm conservative and too bashful to be very flambouyant. :)

ya man, the color will go well with a tan, just like Savbabes said.

good luck with the posing

GeneticallyGifted
11-19-2002, 12:43 PM
Ok here we go:

1. Tilt your left shoulder forward or more towards the camera or crowd, and drop right shoulder back some.

2. Flex your lats, hike up your chest and slam your left arm against your lats. Your arm will appear bigger and fuller.

3. Your left arm is alittle low, slow raise up enough so that you can slam your left bicep against you left pec to give a fuller chest.

4. Make sure that you apply pressure against you show forearm, and your forearm fight against the pressure to create more definition and vascularity in your arm.

That is all I can give on the that pic. I would like to see what your legs look like on the shot as well. Those are very important.

Another thing that suit is just fine, that is the color that I had for my show.

GG

Savannah
11-19-2002, 12:45 PM

Of course I'm serious. Everyone wears black and you should feel special. Not just anyone could pull off that colour. You look great in it. Although one thought I just had was you'll have to be really careful when putting on your tanning dye not to get it on the suit.

Silverback
11-19-2002, 12:56 PM
looking ace man :thumbup:

your going to place well at your comp if you get the cut right :)

Alex.V
11-19-2002, 01:12 PM
Lookin great, man. Definitely take another one with those minor tweaks to the shot. Arms and chest... very full.

BennettBoy
11-19-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by GeneticallyGifted
Ok here we go:

1. Tilt your left shoulder forward or more towards the camera or crowd, and drop right shoulder back some.

2. Flex your lats, hike up your chest and slam your left arm against your lats. Your arm will appear bigger and fuller.

3. Your left arm is alittle low, slow raise up enough so that you can slam your left bicep against you left pec to give a fuller chest.

4. Make sure that you apply pressure against you show forearm, and your forearm fight against the pressure to create more definition and vascularity in your arm.

That is all I can give on the that pic. I would like to see what your legs look like on the shot as well. Those are very important.

Another thing that suit is just fine, that is the color that I had for my show.

GG

Thanks GG. I'm going to try to hit it right tonight for comparison purposes. Very good description. ARGH! I will never get all this stuff right.

galileo
11-19-2002, 01:23 PM
I wish I could lexically represent the sound that came out of my mouth when I saw that picture. Picture the episode of the simpsons where marge is a real estate agent and flanders sees the purple cutains and shrieks. Now, mix in a generous helping fear and loathe.

You look great, but I wouldn't post pictures of myself in panties on the internet...

Workhorse
11-19-2002, 01:28 PM
Craig, you're lookin' stacked!! Keep it up!!

Workhorse

chris mason
11-19-2002, 04:30 PM

Thanks GG. I'm going to try to hit it right tonight for comparison purposes. Very good description. ARGH! I will never get all this stuff right.

Which is why I tried to make it simple:D .

Relentless
11-19-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by chris mason

Which is why I tried to make it simple:D .

Well, s'prolly a moot point. Either instruction set would improve things. I think ol' BB just needs to spent some quality time in front of a mirror, practicing.

Body awareness is a learned art, no?

Maki Riddington
11-19-2002, 05:47 PM
Your arms....... they're so large.:eek:

steveo
11-19-2002, 05:47 PM
looking good man. I don't kow much about posing myself I'm still trying to lean as well.
But you are looking huge. Nice color.

Wolfman
11-19-2002, 06:51 PM
Wicked looking arms dude!!!!!

BCC
11-19-2002, 06:53 PM
Looking real good.

But about the trunks...not to knock them, I have no problem with the color. But they may be distracting and draw attention away from your physique in a competition.

They're the same color trunks as this black guy I'm friends with who was competing, now a black man in bright orange trunks just doesn't mix, needless to say he borrowed someone elses at the last minute.

BennettBoy
11-19-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by galileo
You look great, but I wouldn't post pictures of myself in panties on the internet...

Haha, neither would I. But a posing suit maybe. :p

BennettBoy
11-19-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
Looking real good.

But about the trunks...not to knock them, I have no problem with the color. But they may be distracting and draw attention away from your physique in a competition.

They're the same color trunks as this black guy I'm friends with who was competing, now a black man in bright orange trunks just doesn't mix, needless to say he borrowed someone elses at the last minute.

I'm pretty sure I will go with something darker.....maybe purple or navy. I tend to agree with you 100%....plus, I'm a little more conservative anyway.

BennettBoy
11-19-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Wolfman
Wicked looking arms dude!!!!!

I appreciate the compliment, but my arms really aren't that big. They are only like 16", but folks do seem to think they are bigger.

BennettBoy
11-19-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
Your arms....... they're so large.:eek:

Thanks Maki, but again....not really that big. I would rather increase the size of my legs and chest to be honest.

BennettBoy
11-19-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Callahan

. I think ol' BB just needs to spent some quality time in front of a mirror, practicing.

Body awareness is a learned art, no?

You damn straight I need time in the mirror. If trying to get one decent side chest shot tonight was any indication of what I have ahead of me......I may not go through with this. This posing IS NOT easy. Sucks. I took 10 pictures before I finally got one I think is close to the way it should be done. ARGH!!!

Anyway, I'll post it tomorrow.

Pup
11-19-2002, 07:26 PM
Navy is a good color...that's what i got...besides...it you get some applicator on em they aren't as visible...but yea, make sure you get 2 pairs regardless just in case something happens to the first ones at pre-judging.

Neil
11-19-2002, 09:45 PM
Lookin good man:thumbup:
What do you estimate your bodyfat to be at?

Wolfman
11-19-2002, 10:59 PM
I dream of having 16" pipes!!!!! BTW like my sig? LOL

BennettBoy
11-20-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Neil
Lookin good man:thumbup:
What do you estimate your bodyfat to be at?

Neil, I never have it checked. But if I were to guess I'd say 12-14%.