PDA

View Full Version : Side Chest retake

BennettBoy
11-20-2002, 06:40 AM
Per some requests here is the retake of the side chest shot. I think it is a little better, but I still need work on my posing. ARGH!!! :D

BennettBoy
11-20-2002, 06:41 AM
Backlat spread......

BennettBoy
11-20-2002, 06:41 AM
Front latspread......

BennettBoy
11-20-2002, 06:42 AM
Last one, double back biceps.......

Mik
11-20-2002, 08:21 AM
Craig, I'm certainly no expert on posing but I would say that your second side chest pose is much better.

Lookin' good man!

Pup
11-20-2002, 08:22 AM
good width on the rear lats...lil trick...arch your back when you hit that pose...adds illusion to more width, since you have a thick upper back and delts, standing straight up takes emphasis off the width of the lats...my training partner had the same problem...excellent work man, you're gonna rip sh!t up in 2003!

Savannah
11-20-2002, 08:31 AM
:hump:

Umm I don't really have any pointers, I just think you're looking mighty fine.

ericg
11-20-2002, 09:01 AM
i dont have any experience with this either but i think that this shot is much better...nice work man, and i see the smile as well :thumbup: think u will do just fine at your show, just practice.

GeneticallyGifted
11-20-2002, 09:42 AM
Alright, I'm coming to you like a judge would and I know its hard to take criticism but we are in a sport that criticism is king. So you know I think that you have a phenominal body already I just want you to beable to show all its glory, now saying that these are my suggestions:

1. Side Chest- The shot looks better than the first one but I would change some things. Make sure that you felx both pecs, from this pic the right one looks sort of softer than the other. I would also bring my arm back alittle and bring the forearm alittle higher almost make an "L" to create a more shapely arm. By doing that you be able to bring up the left bicep to smash into you chest even more to create a fuller look.

2. B. Lat Spread- Make your chest high, and arch your back some, remember not to over do it though. Just enough to bring out the "Christmas Tree Effect" by your lower lats and erectors.

3. Remember this and this is the best advice of all and I notice this in all your pics...." KEEP YOUR LEGS FLEXED AND HARD!!!!" This is very important, even when practicing or taking pics.

I am a supporter of you and want you to do well. You look great to be so far away from the show. Congrats to you and your journey.

GG

BennettBoy
11-20-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by GeneticallyGifted
Alright, I'm coming to you like a judge would and I know its hard to take criticism but we are in a sport that criticism is king. So you know I think that you have a phenominal body already I just want you to beable to show all its glory, now saying that these are my suggestions:

1. Side Chest- The shot looks better than the first one but I would change some things. Make sure that you felx both pecs, from this pic the right one looks sort of softer than the other. I would also bring my arm back alittle and bring the forearm alittle higher almost make an "L" to create a more shapely arm. By doing that you be able to bring up the left bicep to smash into you chest even more to create a fuller look.

2. B. Lat Spread- Make your chest high, and arch your back some, remember not to over do it though. Just enough to bring out the "Christmas Tree Effect" by your lower lats and erectors.

3. Remember this and this is the best advice of all and I notice this in all your pics...." KEEP YOUR LEGS FLEXED AND HARD!!!!" This is very important, even when practicing or taking pics.

I am a supporter of you and want you to do well. You look great to be so far away from the show. Congrats to you and your journey.

GG

Thanks GG. I hear ya....but in all honesty I haven't even begun to practice posing so anything I am doing now is just winging it really. I bought that tape you recommended and know I will get alot of these tips you are giving me from it....but I have not had time to look at it yet. I've only looked at the 1/4 turn stuff so far. I have alot to learn for sure.

I too think my shape looks better than I can express via posing at this current time. That is what pisses off. Plus, for now my bodyfat is too high to bring out alot of this stuff.

And here's a final tought:

Maybe I just need more mass in my chest to properly hit that pose. :D

Seriously, I appreciate the input and will need much more of it as I go forward.

This is what I love about WBB.....folks here genuinely seem to care and want to help others along their journey to better their physiques.

GeneticallyGifted
11-20-2002, 10:07 AM
Naw, the chest is looking much better and the pose hit right can make you look like you got boobies.

hahahah:):)

Workhorse
11-20-2002, 10:43 AM
Lookin' good BB... you're gonna do great if you keep it up!

Workhorse

starks713
11-20-2002, 06:24 PM
Great Back!

Wolfman
11-20-2002, 06:38 PM
Very impressive BB

Miss Rezza
11-20-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ericg
i see the smile as well :thumbup:

:D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D :D

OMG......... can't believe we actually got a smile!!

Lookin' BIG Craig!

chris mason
11-20-2002, 08:20 PM
The side chest looks better I think. Good job!

kAiXuan
11-21-2002, 02:32 PM
looking clean, rear lat is impressive to say the least
i only have you in one muscle.......:rolleyes:

Rastaman
11-21-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by kAiXuan

Rear lat is awesome! Looking incredibly muscular!

steveo
11-21-2002, 05:49 PM
Good Job, BB. Your tricep look super ace on that Back Lat sp.
Your shoulder look huge as well in the Back DB. You are getting pretty close to contest shape there you are going to kick some ass

Saint Patrick
11-22-2002, 02:49 AM
Nice undies dude.

WillKuenzel
11-22-2002, 03:02 AM
The retake definitely looks alot better.

Like GG said work on flexing your legs at the same time too. Go ahead and get started on it because (at least for me) they can tend to be forgotten about when you are concentrating so much on the doing all that stuff with the top. You'll want those legs to be flexed without even thinking about. Make it second nature.

It all seems to be working good for ya. How much longer you plan on bulking?

BennettBoy
11-22-2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by kAiXuan
i only have you in one muscle.......:rolleyes:

Haha....well my hats off to you then if you top 7 :D

BennettBoy
11-22-2002, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by osteve
Good Job, BB. Your tricep look super ace on that Back Lat sp.
Your shoulder look huge as well in the Back DB. You are getting pretty close to contest shape there you are going to kick some ass

Thanks osteve. I still need to widen and thicken my lats some IMO, but they have improved the last 4 months.

BennettBoy
11-22-2002, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by HomeYield
The retake definitely looks alot better.

Like GG said work on flexing your legs at the same time too. Go ahead and get started on it because (at least for me) they can tend to be forgotten about when you are concentrating so much on the doing all that stuff with the top. You'll want those legs to be flexed without even thinking about. Make it second nature.

It all seems to be working good for ya. How much longer you plan on bulking?

HY, you are correct. I focus so much on flexing upper body stuff I always forget about my legs. I have alot to learn and practice with my posing for sure.

Dirk
11-22-2002, 07:14 AM
i think you are looking really good bro! when are your upcoming comps?

dirk

BennettBoy
11-22-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Dirk
i think you are looking really good bro! when are your upcoming comps?

dirk

Thanks bro. I'm looking to do my 1st show next June.

BennettBoy
11-22-2002, 01:56 PM
Here is just a relaxed front pic I had in my journal.

eclips1
11-22-2002, 03:10 PM
*waiting on approval for pic*

But on those first pics u posted, man your gunz are very defined, esspecially the delts. Just wanted to chime in and say good work. Very impressive!!

gino
12-02-2002, 07:41 AM
Nice delts on the back/bi pose. Looking good.

BennettBoy
12-02-2002, 07:48 PM
Thanks eclips1 and gino.

Blitzforce
12-03-2002, 12:15 AM
BB - you have a large frame - rib cage!

Budiak
12-03-2002, 02:42 AM
Yeah BB! Nice frame, skinny!

MUHAHAHHAAA!

YatesNightBlade
12-03-2002, 03:45 AM
Awesome shape. Shoulders and arms look great.

BennettBoy
12-03-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by bigdaddykrull
hey dude your progress is coming along great just a few tips. id contemplate a different colour for your posing trunks accentuate your skin tone better, as well you have to be aware of your facial expressions at all times. your body looks fine but your facial expressions are kinda scary in some of the picks.

I am going to wear another color posing trunks.

I need work on alot with the posing from facial expessions on down the line. :D

I appreciate the comments.

BennettBoy
12-03-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Blitzforce
BB - you have a large frame - rib cage!

Thanks man. I also think my rib cage is large. Whether that is good or bad....I dunno.

BennettBoy
12-03-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
Yeah BB! Nice frame, skinny!

MUHAHAHHAAA!

And you STFU fatty :D

BennettBoy
12-03-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by YatesNightBlade
Awesome shape. Shoulders and arms look great.

Thanks Yates. I appreciate the compliment very much, especially coming from you.