PDA

View Full Version : Yates 12 weeks to shreddedness

YatesNightBlade
07-03-2001, 05:48 AM
Well since Im doing this dieting thing. I though I might as well mark my process down here. So that days that im struggling ...... you guys can lift me up.

Started my diet yeserday (Monday 2nd July)

ate the following :

MEAL ONE
100g oats
6 eggs (2 yolks)
1 glass of orange, 1 table spoon of flax

MEAL TWO
1 Dorain Yates approved PRO MR
1 Apple

MEAL THREE
100g Brown Rice
200g Tuna
Cider Vinigar

MEAL FOUR
100g Pasta
Turkey Steak
Banana

MEAL FIVE (post workout)
Whey Shake with maltedextrin

MEAL SIX
as meal four

MEAL SEVEN
6 egg whites
1 pint of skim milk
1 table spoon flax see oil.

Seems to be going fine at the moment.

Maki Riddington
07-03-2001, 08:11 PM
Yo Yates, whats your current BW at and your BF%.

What are you trying to get down and by when???

YatesNightBlade
07-04-2001, 01:59 AM
Mac: My body weight is around 255 - 258 ....... not sure on the body fat. It's not too bad at a guess.

I got a show on the 23rd and the 30th ..... so Im hoping to get around the 228 mark. I just wanna be shredded for this baby. I want my face to be like skellitors :)

#

Dieting going ok Today seems harder then yesterday. I looked at the guys Anavar who uses a big mac for it and .... well it looked tasty.

Going to the gym tonight to do some bag work. (hope my mother turns up ... hardy har har).
Start walking in the mornings on Friday.

YatesNightBlade
07-04-2001, 05:30 AM
Both

YatesNightBlade
07-04-2001, 07:14 AM
I think you'll do just fine. I saw your old pics ad you was shredded to bits.

But all you have to do is ask. :)

I'm still picking little things up along the way too.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-04-2001, 11:26 AM
12 weeks to shreddies?

YatesNightBlade
07-05-2001, 02:02 AM
CD stop fuking up my journal. I wouldn't do it to yours. heh

Anyways, diet is fine ...... no cravings kicked it yet ... but im sure they will soon.

Did 20mins bag work and 20mins on the treadmill last night. Got Back and Bics tonight. These posts are gonna be alot longer when the cravings kick in ....... alot nastier too. :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-05-2001, 10:04 AM
You fukked my journal like a dog you twat!

BTW, make sure you build your 'bics' nice a big for your competition...

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-05-2001, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by YatesNightBlade
Got Back and Bics tonight.

I thought i'd best highlight this cause i know how much of a kunt you are, you'll just delete it.

YatesNightBlade
07-07-2001, 05:23 AM
lol@cd. Your really ****ing up my thread now aint ya tuttut :)

Anyways, did chest yesterday. Fuk 300 pounds felt heavy on the bench. I think I was a little overtrained and tired. Plus the heat didn't help. I only managed 6 reps.

Today is CHEAT day .. yipppieeeee !!!!!! Im only have one treat. Think I'll have a Rogan Josh from the local indian and some chocolate afterwards. yummie yummie ... get in my belly.

I really think this diet is kicking in. I can feel my abs tightning up already. Kickass. :)

c_8nOM
07-07-2001, 10:05 AM
Im only have one treat.

Um Did u learn English at same facilities as i did?.. ......tuttut tuttut I think u need to go back~ :D

YatesNightBlade
07-09-2001, 01:50 AM
*ahem* **** you. Geez to people only read my journal to correct my english. :)

WEEK 2

Diet is fine. Had a Treat on Saturday ..... Pizza .... oh my god ... it was oralgasmic.

This week is gonna be harder me thinks.
Legs tonight. Hope the weather keeps chilled ... I hate squatting in the heat.

Sinep
07-09-2001, 06:13 AM
Come on people , stop wasting Yate's journal.. how would you like him to do this to you :mad:

Did you hear me... that's correct... I said....
S
T
O
P

W
A
S
T
I
N
G

U
S
E
L
E
S
S

S
P
A
C
E

L
I
K
E

T
H
I
S

:D

c_8nOM
07-09-2001, 09:36 AM
Diet is fine. Had a Treat on Saturday ..... Pizza .... oh my god ... it was oralgasmic.

:D :D :D

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-09-2001, 03:00 PM
only 262lbs? I think you need to eat...

YatesNightBlade
07-10-2001, 01:42 AM
For all of you that are messing up my journal (looks at Sinep for the longests) I'd like to say this :- ***** **** **** ****** ****** **** **** ******** **** *****. Thankyou

Tue 10th July

Diet is fan dabby dozzie. Eggs suck, but they always did.
Legs was hard yesterday. I nearly passed out twice and 400 pounds felt like 500.

Shoulders and Tris tonight. Abs are coming on nicely. I will post some ab shots in a couple of weeks.

YatesNightBlade
07-11-2001, 02:12 AM
Yates is tired ... very very tired. Im clearly not getting enough sleep. Im gonna have a 3 hour kip after work tonight, as it's day off.

Went for a speed walk this morning. Got hard towards the end.
Shoulder was difficult last night. I can tell im in diet mode ...... weight felt real heavy. Oh Well !!!

Oh ... Also ... I had this huge craving fir a sausage roll yesterday. Think I'll add it to my list for when I finish this friggin diet.

YatesNightBlade
07-13-2001, 02:37 AM
Diet going well. Had a steak last night ... man it was nice.

Don't know whever to have a treat tonight or tomorrow night MMMMmmmm.

Went for a walk this morning. Body seems to be changing already and it's not even been 2 weeks. Shape is comming through nicley.

Did back last night
3 pull downs to front
3 T-Bar
3 Close grip pull downs
2 Chins
3 Shrugs

and a little Bis at the end. I hate training Biceps.

Chest and abs tonight. Weekend off. Might do some abs and bag work on Sunday though. Im out on the Town on Saturday night to ogle at some pretty girlies. It's a sh!t not being able to drink !!!

YatesNightBlade
07-17-2001, 01:59 AM
Diet going quite well, despite the fact that I've ran out of meat. Im gonna have to go to ASDA or something tonight for some turkey steaks ...... it's not a good thing going round a supermarket when your dieting.

Any who ...... did legs last night.

3 sets Squats
3 set Lunges
2 set Extention
3 set legs curles
3 set abductors

LEGS ARE KILLING today. 400 felt like 600. Im really finding it hard to keep the intensity up in my workouts towards the end of the session.

I battle with the dilema of what to have on treat day, all week. McDonalds, Fish n Chips, Chinese, Indian, Pizza ...... mmmmm too many choices.

heathj
07-17-2001, 08:00 PM
Are you cutting? Heh, doesn't sound like it :) 400??? For squat reps? Sheist. I could do 6, but my knees hurt.

YatesNightBlade
07-18-2001, 01:40 AM
Im getting a little paronaid at the moment. Worrying that Im not gonna be ready in time. I think Im just being impatiant. It's only been 2 weeks.

LEGS ARE STILL KILLING. To the point where Im walking like one of them bodybuilding w@nkers. You know, .... the ones that look like the've sh!t themselves.

Any who ..... cardio work tonight ... that should loosen them off a little. I was gonna go for a walk this morning but, it's p!ssing it down with rain ..... it's suppose to be summer for heavens sake...... think I'll move to California.

YatesNightBlade
07-20-2001, 02:13 AM
Diet going well. Really starting to see changed now.

Did back and Bis last night.

3 x lat pull downs to the front
3 x hammer rows
3 x low pully rows
2 x rear delts
2 x shrugs

Bis

2 Barbell curls
2 Preacher curls
3 Forearm rolls

(at least one set per exercies includes either forced reps or drop sets)

Back is sore, Traps are killing.

Chest tonight and ..... (drum roll) .... treat night ... whooooooooo !!!!!!!!

Good old English fish and chip seem like a good idea ..... mmmmmm Fried Fish ..... did you hear that stomach ??? ... I said FRIED !!!!!!!!!! muahahahaha.

Cardio Sat Morning and Sun Morning. :(

c_8nOM
07-20-2001, 11:37 AM

Chest tonight and ..... (drum roll) .... treat night ... whooooooooo !!!!!!!!

Good old English fish and chip seem like a good idea ..... mmmmmm Fried Fish ..... did you hear that stomach ??? ... I said FRIED !!!!!!!!!! muahahahaha.

Whoa.. Chill there... lil going psycho there... lol :D

YatesNightBlade
07-29-2001, 02:03 AM
Training sux last week. I think I got about 6 -7 hours sleep a night. I was on a training course with work all week and had to travel. Why oh why do these kinda things happen when Im dieting ?

Im not losing as much as I should be. I think I need to up my cardio work. Im gonna do the following days

CARDIO :

Mon : AM Speed Walk
Tue : off (due to legs from monday)
Wed : AM Spped walk / evening treadmill work.
Thu : Speed Walk
Fri : off
Sat : Speed walk
Sun : Cycle (intervals)

This should alow me to lose fat without having to drop any more food at this stage.

Diet wise everything is ok. Went a little wild on treat day.
:drooling:

Got legs tomorrow. Ive been experimenting with my training and trying a similar thing to Gino. ie first set moderate reps 10 - 12 next set low reps 4 - 6 last set a rep set ..... 15 -25 reps. I'll see how it goes.

YatesNightBlade
08-01-2001, 06:10 AM
Diet going well.

Training too going well. Just started a ECA stack and came to work stoned. lol

Did shoulder Triceps on Monday :-
3 x smith machine behind the neck press
2 x dumbell press
2 x drop set sides
2 x rears
2 x shrugs

Tri

3 x lying extentions
3 x rope push downs

Legs (Tuesday)

3 x squats (One triple drop .... ouch!)
2 x lunges
2 x leg extension
3 x leg curls
3 x abductors
2 x seated raises
2 x standing raises
2 x leg press raises

Wed (today)

30 - 40 mins cardio
Abs

Im thinking of posting some pics soon. What do you think ?? Should I wait until the end ?? (who are you talking to Yates ?? Do you really think anyone reads this sh!t) lol

Tryska
08-01-2001, 06:13 AM
yes.

nakey pics. :D

sike....don't need to see all that....i think if you want to post them go for it.

YatesNightBlade
08-01-2001, 06:31 AM
haha .. I'll send you the naked ones, but there only for you babe and remember ...... it was cold that day. lol

I gotta get something in return too ... like the worlds first internet Blow Job ....lol:dj:

Tryska
08-01-2001, 06:35 AM
*lol*

only you yates, would take it so far.....just post the pics (not the nakey ones);)

Gyno Rhino
08-01-2001, 08:31 AM
I think Jenna Jameson did the worlds first "internet virtual blowjob". It's an interesting little movie if you can find it.

Franco
08-02-2001, 05:21 AM
Could you post some of your lifts Mr. G. :)

YatesNightBlade
08-03-2001, 02:17 AM
So Fangel

What lifts do you want ??? Bech Squat Deadlift ???

I've lost a little strength through dieting.

Did Cardio on Wednesday night 40 mins on the treadmill (speed Walk) some twists and some leg raises.

Did Chest Last night (2nd August 2001)

Bench press one set 20 reps with 200 pounds

Incline Barbell x 3 sets
(7 reps with 300 for my main set)

Pec Deck x 3 sets
Stack

Cross overs x 3 sets
Dunno weight (Number 8 what ever that is)

Fangel here are my best ever lifts

Bench 400 x 2 reps
Squat 500 x 1 rep
Deadlift 600 x 1 rep

Im not a powerlifter so I try not to do 1 rep maxes. Especially now.

The Epherdrine is kicking. It's killing my appitite with is smashing .... baby yeah !!!!

Need to start picking some music soon and getting a routine together.

Back tonight. Deadlifting first. Can't wait.

KKL
08-03-2001, 11:13 AM
yates, sorry if this is a bad question, but are you natural?

Wizard
08-03-2001, 11:38 AM
He's a natural freak.

YatesNightBlade
08-03-2001, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by KKL
yates, sorry if this is a bad question, but are you natural?

Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back ???

Did back tonight ... real hard

3 sets deadlifts
3 sets close grip pull downs
3 sets pull downs to the rear
3 sets hammer pulls

bic

2 sets dumbell runs
2 sets hammer curls

Abs

2 crunches
2 side crunches
2 legs raises

I was sweating like a pig tonight or like a fat man in a pie shop with no money or both. I was soaked

I need to train my arms harder ... I know this. I take liberties coz there naturally big. Not good.

YatesNightBlade
08-07-2001, 02:58 AM
SHoulder and Tris (Monday)

3 x front presses on the smith machine
2 x seated sides
2 x cable sides
3 x rears on pec deck.

Tris

2 x kick backs
2 x rope push downs
2 x reverse push downs

I then went for a speed walk after my tea at around 7:30. Felt good.

I got legs tonight. Not looking forward to it.

I've just dropped my carbs and upped my protein.

YatesNightBlade
08-09-2001, 02:38 AM
Diet going well ... fat seems to be coming off nice and slowly.

I can't stop partying tho. Im addicted to a huge social life. I only have water ..... but I have late nights. I can't stop. I seem to be getting alot of attention from the ladies now that my face is looking cut and my forarms have veins and lines. damn hoes. lol

Anyways, Ive dropped my carbs and upped my protein a little. I got Chest and abs tonight.

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-09-2001, 09:28 AM
How many more weeks until you get shreddies?

YatesNightBlade
08-10-2001, 03:58 AM
When I finish my diet I may have a bowl.

Im overtrained and tired. Did chest last night and had zero energy. I'm dropping my carbs and upping my protein again. I think Im real carb sensetive. damn carbs. Going for a walk after tea tonight. I'm out again so it's gonna be another late night. This is not good. I may sleep all day Saturday. Until the night time of course.

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-10-2001, 09:56 AM
Y'know, since starting dieting i've started going out more too!

YatesNightBlade
08-13-2001, 02:06 AM
I just love women, thats my problem.

Diet not too hot at the moment. I had a busy weekend AGAIN. I missed out a few meals here and there due to lack of sleep.

I've lowered my carbs and the weight really does seem to be dropping off. Maybe a little too much. We'll see.

I got legs tonight. Not looking forward to squatting. 400 is gonna feel like 500. Oh well. This diet is only for another 2 months. :(

Mystic Eric
08-13-2001, 02:43 AM
I just love women, thats my problem.

i think you'd have a bigger problem if you love men.

when's your competetion again man?

YatesNightBlade
08-13-2001, 06:18 AM
23rd September, 30th September, 14th October.

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-13-2001, 01:54 PM
where are they held? Any up here or roundabouts?

YatesNightBlade
08-14-2001, 02:15 AM
No CD Sorry. Harrogate, Mansfield and Southport.

Did Legs last night. Man the sweat was p!ssing outta me. Heres what I did.

Quads

2 x Extentions
2 x Squat 300, 400
2 x Leg Press 800, 800
2 x Hack Squat 300, 300

Hamstrings

3 x Leg Curls
3 x Abductors

Shoulders tonight.

YatesNightBlade
08-16-2001, 06:55 AM
I thought The Mr Harrogate was gonna be a little piss ass show. It turns out that the competitors are all gonna be in Flex Magizine. Ohhh great ... more pressure.

Did some good cardio last night. and abs.

Got back tonight ...... some deadlifting ...... not looking forward. Then Im off to shoot some pool wit my buddies.

Im having very few carbs at the moment and I feel rather flat.

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-16-2001, 10:08 AM
How about posting some current pictures you big fat galloot?

Tryska
08-16-2001, 05:57 PM
ya know darlin'...i was thinking...i wouldn't look at it as pressure that those guys are gonna be in flex...i mean, it's better you know this now, so that you can be mentally prepared, otherwise you would have wound up going in underestimating them. You know what I mean? is the mag gonna be out before the comp?

just a thought...;)

Chris Rodgers
08-16-2001, 08:36 PM
Tryska- I think he meant all the competitors, including Mr. Yates, are going to be in Flex Magazine.

Congrats Yates!

Tryska
08-17-2001, 04:09 AM
oh.

well in that case....very cool! :D

Maki Riddington
08-17-2001, 09:12 AM
That is cool.

YatesNightBlade
08-22-2001, 12:14 PM
It's Cool if I look decent. I still feel watery ... yeah Im in good shape ... but i don't feel shredded yet. :(

Maybe it's just me.

Training going good as usual, diet is really starting to p!ss me off. Carbs are real low at the moment and my diet changes slightly for the last 4 weeks. I replace my 10am protein shake with 200g of tuna and I cut out my milk and fruit. With 15+ eggs a day I might need to supplement with Fibre.:eek:

I'll post some pics pretty soon. Im doing a little ECA stack at the moment and it's pretty much fuking with my emotions. Not good. On a high one minute ..... P!ssed off the next.

Going for a walk tonight, just loaded some Tool Mp3's onto my player.

See you all in a week .... who ever you are. muhahahahahaha ... er .... I mean .... thankyou and good night.

YatesNightBlade
08-28-2001, 02:08 AM
Feeling cut :) and skinny. :(

A little flat at the moment. I need an upper body workout. Shoulders and tris tonight.

Diet has changed today. No more milk no more fruit and protein from real food and not protein shakes. 4 weeks left. I haven't constucted my routine yet !!!! Yikes !!!!

YatesNightBlade
08-28-2001, 06:25 AM

This is what im gonna be doing as soon as Im off stage.

Maki Riddington
08-28-2001, 06:52 AM
lol.

chris mason
08-28-2001, 02:09 PM
Hey Yates, I would like to see a pic if you have the time. You looked awesome in the last set of pics you posted, I would like to see the shredded version.

YatesNightBlade
08-30-2001, 02:11 AM
lol, I got 100 hits in 2 days just coz I had an attachment.

Chris, I'll get some pics up in a couple of weeks.

Diet is really hard at the moment. No Fruit or milk or protein shakes. Only real food. Yuck and double yuck. I'm starting to go to bed on a night and dream about food.

did legs last night, boy was it hard and heavy. Only did 8 with 350 on the squat. It felt like it was pining me to the floor. Can almost get the squat belt on the last hole. Wonder what my waist is ??!!??!?!

No Cardio today. Resting legs. Back and Biceps tonight.

Watched Pumping iron last night and feel a little motervated.

Also watched the 97 Olympia. Has anyone seen Dorian's routine ???? My god What a routine.

chris mason
08-30-2001, 06:00 AM
Ok, looking forward to it.

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-30-2001, 11:25 AM
wanna lend me the 97 olympia bud?

YatesNightBlade
08-31-2001, 02:06 AM
I would but it's not mine. Sorry m8.

Dieting really suxs. I've finding this really hard now. If it wasn't for so many people coming to my show, I'd have quit by now.

Watched the Olympia video again, how the hell do those guys get in that condition ??? It blows my mind. Makes me sick that I'll never look like that.

Well Apart from being majorly arsey, I'm still sticking to the diet. Went for a walk this morning, on an empty stomach (looks at cack).

Chest tonight and some abs.

I Think I should get some Calcium tabs as Im not having milk anymore. I've also been talking some fibre in as Im a little .... you know ........ Sh!ttings an effort ......... hey !!! Don't you sh!t ??!??!

Tryska
08-31-2001, 05:47 AM
*lol*

2 words:

Cal/Mag

Salads

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-31-2001, 09:49 AM
I take a calcium supp - i stopped milk 8 weeks ago.

Eat plenty of veg - broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus etc... salad too. Nice.

How's about if i send you a blank tape, could you record it for me m8?

YatesNightBlade
09-03-2001, 02:06 AM
Send me a tape and a pre paid envelope and I'll do my best to get it recorded for you.:)

Diet going fine. Had a treat on Friday. It was better then any sexual experience I've had and believe me, thats alot. heh ;)

Head went last night. Went for a 40 min walk and afterwards I was the nastiest MOFO on the planet. I have so much anger in side and I don't know why. I'm the kinda person thats mad when Im hungry, so maybe thats why. I'm gonna have to be carfull as I might do something I'll regret. I can't control it, thank god no one cut me off in my car yesterday. geeez.

Legs tonight. Once again, not looking forward. At least Im off work for a couple of days.

I've also picked my music for my routine.

Chris Rodgers
09-03-2001, 11:38 AM
I've also picked my music for my routine.

Is it the music from the Blue Oyster Bar in Police Academy??

Bwahahahaha, gotcha back biatch!!

Maki Riddington
09-03-2001, 11:54 AM
Yates I'm looking forward to seeing these pics.
You must be a ripped mofo.
Rooting for ya bro.:)

c_8nOM
09-03-2001, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by LATMAN

Is it the music from the Blue Oyster Bar in Police Academy??

Bwahahahaha, gotcha back biatch!!

hahaha..... Blue oyster...

YatesNightBlade
09-04-2001, 05:40 AM
Thanks Guys.

And Latman. Kiss it. ;)

Diet going well. ECA works like a dream at stopping my cravings.

Im actually starting to feel like a skinny geek in clothes.

Legs went OK last night. 8 with 350 was my max. :( it felt sooooo heavy.

2 leg extentions
2 squat
2 front squat
2 lunges
3 leg curls
3 leg abductors
Calves

Bought some Potassium and Calcium supps today.

YatesNightBlade
09-06-2001, 02:07 AM
diet going ok. Faultered a little. I had a glass of skim milk. :(

Day off today. Going for a walk tonight tho.

Did back last night

3 x deadlifts
2 x pull down to front
2 x close grip pull down
2 x pull down to rear
2 x rear delts (reverse pec dec)

Bics

2 x E-Z Curls
2 x Preacher Curls
2 x hammer Curls

My arms looked hidious when pumped. I still refuse to wear a vest in the gym though. I wanna keep things under wraps for the time being. After My show when I've stopped dieting and I blow up is "VEST TIME" that was a movie narrater ..... "VEST TIME" !!!!

Dead lifts were easier then I though. managed 6 with 450 even tho Im almost 22 pounds lighter. Not bad.

Chest tomorrow.

Will get some pics done this weekend.

Chris Rodgers
09-06-2001, 10:58 AM
That is a sweet dead, especially dieted down!! :eek:

YatesNightBlade
09-08-2001, 06:19 AM
Thanks Lats.

I feel really bad. I wasn't suppose to have a cheat Meal yesterday, but I had not taken any Turkey outta the freezer so I had too. I want for 45mins of cardio this morning tho .... I even ran on some of it :eek:

Im not as ripped as I want to be. Sure Im in excellent shape, my abs are big and solid, but im not ripped. I struggle with this. Getting 20" arms is no problem, but getting in condition seems to be a real problem for me. I've got thick skin .... and it p!sses me off. I diet so hard and perform alot of cardio, but it comes so so slow. Anyways, enough of my b!tching.

I need to drop more calorie for this last week. carbs, fat or Protein ? Carbs are very very low as is and I don't really wanna drop them, protein I need .... so I think Fat will have to go. Flaz only onces a day now.

Tryska
09-08-2001, 09:09 AM
honestly - i would cut the protein, and add the fat.

reason being, 2 sources of dietary energy - carbs or fat. without carbs, and without fat, you rely on protein to convert to glycogen for energy. with a low carb, low fat, high protein diet, you are running the risk of catabolism. (especially since body fat is so low)

vox
09-09-2001, 01:43 PM
I hope you get to where you want to be in time. Keep at it, good luck and thanks for the comment in my journal.:cool:

YatesNightBlade
09-12-2001, 03:55 AM
Almost don't feel like posting due to the current events.

Diet going well and training doing kickass.

I've pu my routine together and I'm looking well. I'm rather heavy to my supprise considering the condition that I'm in. Im at 238.

Cardio tonight. Will update later.

YatesNightBlade
09-13-2001, 02:36 AM
Diet going pretty well, although it sucks.

Instead of having 8 egg whites as my last meal I now have 5 whites and some Cottage cheese for a slower release protein source.

My waist is at 32" and my thighs are at 28" not a bad difference for a guy at 6ft 2.5".

Got Back tonight and Biceps. Then Cardio a couple of hours later. Then I need to practice some posing. My show is one week on Sunday. :eek: Then one week after that is another, which is a qualifier for the EFBB Britain. BRING IT ON.

Tryska
09-13-2001, 06:07 AM
:)

good luck darlin - i'm sure you'll do great.

Franco
09-13-2001, 11:12 AM
Where is the actual Mr. Britian going to be held?

Oh and go Mr.G, Rah Rah Rah

YatesNightBlade
09-14-2001, 02:37 AM
I'm not sure where it is Fangel.

Ok I got some pics done. Will probebly end up oosting em all. heh.

Diet going well. Went for a walk last night 1hr after back and biceps. and also went for a walk this morning. 45mins last night 35mins this morning. That ECA this morning made me feel like I'd eaten 15 mars bars. (wish I had).

Back went well last night. I did 22 chins straight off. :) Was pleased.

Chest tonight with some abs. Then Weekend off.

Here is a quad shot.

YatesNightBlade
09-14-2001, 02:39 AM
quadz.

YatesNightBlade
09-14-2001, 03:38 AM

Maddog
09-14-2001, 04:44 AM
I thought we discussed awhile back we didn't like the look of big legs ;). Holy shat man good work. :thumbup:

vox
09-14-2001, 04:54 AM
Step aside Paul De Mayo we have a new Quad Father. Your legs are awesome bro. Do you have a measurement of them?:thumbup:

Tryska
09-14-2001, 06:22 AM
those quads are looking excellent! good job....;)

Sinep
09-14-2001, 06:33 AM
Wow, excellent quads... keep it up bro

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-14-2001, 09:08 AM
Just a quick reminder Yates, send the pics of my quads back ASAP ok?

Chris Rodgers
09-14-2001, 12:16 PM
HOLY QUADS LATMAN!!:eek:

Adam
09-14-2001, 12:48 PM
Lookin huge yates

YatesNightBlade
09-15-2001, 06:05 AM
Thanks guys. Vox my quadz are around the 28" mark.

Diet is going well, but Im so tired. Im doing cardio like a madman at the moment. twice a day on some days. I did chest last night :-

3 x bench
3 x Incline Press
3 x pec dec
2 x cable cross overs

That was the last intense workout now until my show. One Week left till the first show. Im only drinking minral water for this last week and Im carb depleting on Mon, Tue and Wed. Loading is Thu, Fri and Sat. I'm also doing 7g of Vit C and 300mg of vit B6 per day, to help lose excess water.

I'll post an upper body shot next week.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-15-2001, 06:25 AM
Ernie taylor is guest posing at the harrogate one.

If i didn;t have this shitty univeristy crack goin' on or this diet then i would come down to meet you.

YatesNightBlade
09-15-2001, 06:27 AM
Thank god for your diet. Phew. hehe j/k.

Yeah I know he is. 2 weeks out from the Olympia too. Should be good. Eddy Elwood is also guest posing.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-15-2001, 06:35 AM
you'd love to meet me and my protein rabbit really daniel...;)

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-15-2001, 06:36 AM
My God!

It is amazing how easily mis-interpreted that could be...

Gyno Rhino
09-16-2001, 09:31 AM
You sure you didn't just cut off my arms and stick them where your quads SHOULD be?? Nah, I guess not. That might be my arms in place of your ankles, though... Awesome legs, Yates.

chris mason
09-16-2001, 03:34 PM
Your legs look great Yates. How long till the show now?

YatesNightBlade
09-17-2001, 02:27 AM
The first show is this week Chris. (Sunday) :eek: Second one is the week after. (British Qualifier)

I will post a upper body shot on Friday.

Ok this week is all about fine tuning for me and getting rid off excess water. I don't think Im gonna lose any more fat now. Im carb depleting on the following days :-

Mon (today)
Tue
Wed

I've upped my fats a little to compensate for my carb drop. Right now I feel like ****. and it's gonna get worse. I'm carb loading on the following days :-

Thu
Fri
Sat

Training wise is pretty easy now. No forced reps etc and I stop just below failure now. My reps are also higher. Only training Mon, Tue and Wed to totally deplete.

Mon : Legs
Tue : Shoulders, Chest
Wed : Back and Arms.

Im just intrested in getting as much Glycogen out of my muscles as possible.

For water Im taking dandilion root, 300mg of B6 and 7g of Vit C a day. I seem to be p!ssing alot.

Not looking forward to practicing posing this week. As I'll feel/look real flat due to depletion.

vox
09-17-2001, 04:44 AM
Good Luck with your last week. Finish strong.

Maki Riddington
09-17-2001, 07:23 AM
Those legs look like tree trunks.:eek:

chris mason
09-17-2001, 05:30 PM
Yates, I wouldn't train with weights at all this week. Just pose. Training will actually smooth you out a bit. You certainly won't lose any size.

YatesNightBlade
09-18-2001, 01:42 AM
Thanks for your comments people.

Thankyou also Chris, but really I wanna totally deplete my stores this week. It's still give me four days off and it's hardly training, although it's still more intense then some of the guys i know. lol

Did legs last night.

3 x extenstions
3 x squats
2 x leg curls
2 x abtuctors
2 x SLDL
Calves

Didn't go to failure on any and also went real light 15 reps or so.

Legs feel like little sticks today.

I felt like sh!t yesterday. Is this normal for someone on very very low carbs ?

Looking foreward to carbing up. Just hope I don't spill over. :(

Went on the sunbed last night and came off and could see a vain in my lat (from the front). Woooosaaarrrrr !!! It might not mean Sh!t to you, but im not that vasular and it made me happy. I could also see movement in my ass. Im not saying my glutes are striated to hell, but I could see ripples when I tensed. I'm gonna feel so skinny these neck few days.

Weight at the moment is : 234

YatesNightBlade
09-19-2001, 01:52 AM
Obviously I haven't broken from my diet, as it's so close to the comp.

I was so hungry yesterday I could have eaten cow sh!t.

Last day of depleting today and I feel very flat. Looking forward to loading tomorrow. Yippie.

Did Shoulders and Chest last night.

Got Back and arms tonight then thats it. No more.

This Journal will be finished in 2 weeks.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-19-2001, 09:07 AM
Do you feel that the ECA has accelerated your fat loss? or do you think it has only served to reduce appetite and cravings?

Oh, and check your PMs m8.

YatesNightBlade
09-22-2001, 06:52 AM
CD, I would say it helped my fat loss, but nothing dramtic. The appatite thing was just superb tho. Really helped.

It's now Saturday and the Show is tomorrow. Im pretty nervous, but Im gonna be glad when it's over. I looked real flat yesterday so I'm still carbing up today. I look better already.

Will post again on Monday.

Bring it on !!!!

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-22-2001, 07:05 AM
where are the pics you said you would post on friday?

YatesNightBlade
09-24-2001, 06:46 AM
Well as I said in General, I didn't place. The class I was in was a of very high standard. Even the guy running the show kept saying "what a high standard we have here ladies and gentlemen". Oh well.

I came in a little too smooth too. Damn Carbs.

Ive totally changing things this week.

All meals are Turkey with a few little potatos and brown Rice. (low carbs) Exept breakfast and supper which includes eggs.

I've spoken to some people in the know and Im gonna mess around with my fluid intake a little. Im not gonna bother carb depleting or loading this time around, as I feel I need to work on that more next time I diet (to see what works and what doesn't, for me).

Cardio is being done twice a day this week too. Until Thursday.

I was very disapointed with the result and at the time felt like stopping competing all together, but I don't think I can.

OH ..... pics BTW. I got loads done, but none of them turned out. The digi carmra I got used didn't work too well with the bright lights and all you can see is a load of people that look like something from the Film Cocoon. :(

Hopefully will get some better ones, this week.

One more thing. I was the biggest on that stage, My arms where the biggest my legs where the biggest I had the best symatry, but I wasn't the sharpest or hardest. (Am I arrogent or what ??) I really need to work on my condition and get rid of every last drop of water. Some people have weak arms, or a weak chest or ..... bad shape. I just have thick skin ..... and getting shreddded is harder for me then the average guy. I know this now and need to come back better next time so cut that I look like something of hellraiser.

I've taken a few days off work to sort my head out and to do some DIY at home. This will keep me active instead of sitting at my desk.

Tryska
09-24-2001, 06:50 AM
hey sugar, you can't just give up! you did your best right? and you learned stuff from this? so just let it go, and focus on next week. I'm reading a Bio of a guy right now, that was holding water, and didn't place in one comp, and a week later, took 1st in his next. don't let it mess your head up, sweetie. *hugz*

YatesNightBlade
09-28-2001, 01:54 AM
I'm very tired and I've put my heart and soul into my training this week. 1 hour cardio every day (30 mins morning 30 mins evening). I've also spoke to some people in the know about 'getting dry' and there's a few things I'm gonna do.

Comp is on Sunday and Im gonna be glad when it's all over. Im just gonna enjoy myself and hope for the best. I need to drink 8 litres of water today :eek:

I've decided that Im not gonna compete next year, but Im gonna try and get as big as possible then compete the year after. Im looking to get to 280 is reasonable shape. All this depends, obviously if I go to America or not.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-28-2001, 05:45 AM
dan 280 is too big imo.

do you plan on getting a pro card?

you're gonna start looking nasty bro.

YatesNightBlade
09-28-2001, 05:54 AM
Nasty is the idea .... big nasty MOFO. I got my inspiration when I saw Eddy Ellwood at the Harrogate show .... the guy was in jeans and a sweater and was huge ... he's my height too. Big big MOFO. 280 is only another 14 pounds (ish), but I wanna still be able to see abs at that weight. The gains I've made in the last year, just coming to these boards and reading various articles, make my goals an easy target.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-28-2001, 06:04 AM
would you like to join the circus freak show?

PowerManDL
09-28-2001, 06:10 AM
Hell, I can make that happen in 5 minutes.

Just give me a bottle of whisky, a crowbar, a pair of clown shoes, and maybe one of those nifty camcorder thingies.

Franco
09-28-2001, 07:00 AM
Only a stone away, good luck in reaching 280 Dannoe:)

YatesNightBlade
09-28-2001, 07:53 AM
Im gonna be even bigger then that thinking about it ..... 287 is more a realistic goal. over the next 18 months.

Anyway. Im off work on Monday. I've taken time off to EAT. Im gonna have a full english breakfast (Bacon, eggs, sausages, hash browns, beans, mushrooms bread and butter). Then I'll have something nice for dinner and then Im off to this mexican resurant that's doing an 'all you can eat offer'. Boy, they better be well stocked.

I'll let you all know how I got on on Sunday and hopefully will have some pics too.

YatesNightBlade
10-02-2001, 03:08 AM
Ok so im full of chocolate and pizza. To be honest I can't really eat that much, I had breakfast yesterday and was full for around 7 hours, but im trying. :)

This will be the last post.

As I said in Genral, Im taking a year off competing and I want to put on some serious size, but still stay in condition. I've got 18 months of working like a dog to do.

Im taking the rest of this week of my diet, but come monday, Im back on my bulking diet. (with a few alterations).

Thanks for all your support guys.

Yates.

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-02-2001, 12:52 PM
so you've finally got your shreddies?

Quadzilla
10-17-2001, 06:57 PM
Just dropping in to say hello to my husband....I miss you. Don't make me :cry: Come back to where you belong honey! ;)

Joe Black
10-18-2001, 03:06 AM
huh?

Are you cheating on Term?

Damn to think how he will feel when he reads this!!! ;)

Who is this chick? ha ha

Mystic Eric
10-18-2001, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Quadzilla
Just dropping in to say hello to my husband....I miss you. Don't make me :cry: Come back to where you belong honey! ;)

~pounds fist into hand!!

she's trying to woo our yates to MM. tuttut

quadzilla, welcome, stay here, it's good here.

and as for you hulk...tuttut :swear:

YatesNightBlade
10-18-2001, 03:30 AM
lol

Hey wifey. I do go to MM every now and then, but please please stay here a while and see what ya think. W8lifter likes it. ;)

Quadzilla
10-18-2001, 06:01 AM
:angel: Doh! I've been BUSTED!!! ;)
I'll stick around some....as long as you're here of course...but you know where I call "home".

YatesNightBlade
10-18-2001, 06:23 AM
yay !!!!!! Now post your pic in the Wannabebig faces thread in general. The guys need to see those angel eyes for themselves. ;)

Tryska
10-18-2001, 07:10 AM
what's this?

a wife and a 'bitch' huh? tuttut

*lol*

YatesNightBlade
10-18-2001, 07:11 AM
lol .. I mean *lol*

Quadzilla
10-18-2001, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Tryska
what's this?

a wife and a 'bitch' huh? tuttut

*lol*

Is this MY doctor Tryska??? :confused:

Oh and btw Yates....I have NO idea how to post that picture!! PB did it for me!

Tryska
10-18-2001, 10:53 AM
hey quadz...yeah.....

oh wait...i wasn't calling you a bitch...if that got read wrong..sorry! I'm Yates's bitch...(well i let him get away with that, anyways...;) )

Quadzilla
10-19-2001, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Tryska
hey quadz...yeah.....

oh wait...i wasn't calling you a bitch...if that got read wrong..sorry! I'm Yates's bitch...(well i let him get away with that, anyways...;) )

OH NO YOU'RE NOT his BITCH!!! I AM!!! E - CAT FIGHT OVER YATES!!! :bash:
hee hee. Yates, you cheating on your wifey??? :eek:

Pup
10-19-2001, 05:54 AM
*Grabs popcorn and fat-free butter*

Tryska
10-19-2001, 06:04 AM
*roflmao*

oh damn.....quadz you just rolled into my home and laid claim to my biatch, huh?

wait...before this goes any further....

yates darlin'? are then any other women that are gonna come out the woodwork? might as well get a whole brawl going over you.....*lol*

if you got more on the way, i'm just gonna watch the ensuing fray though...cuz i don't fight over guys.

:D

YatesNightBlade
10-20-2001, 06:55 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

vox
10-20-2001, 06:58 AM
Only you Yates, only you:thumbup:

Quadzilla
10-24-2001, 11:11 AM
:D Just dropping in again....

YatesNightBlade
10-25-2001, 04:30 AM
lol. i finished my journel now baby. :)

Why not post in General ??? Oh come on ... I know you want to.

pr3
11-05-2001, 08:56 PM
Hey, what's going on here? I thought Yates was gay?

LOL

BTW Yates, when are you gonna post a new journal? I'm trying to learn from you. Please let me know!