PDA

View Full Version : calories?!

Bboy486
11-20-2002, 07:49 PM
I am 5'7" and 148- 150 lbs
I want to be at 165lbs, (lean muscle) of course. I am on a bulking routine at the Gym, doing three sets of 10 (the last set i try to do as many until failure) per body part.

how many calories should I ideally consume daily?
Also would weight gainer/protein shakes help, or are they just useless?

thanks.

bradley
11-21-2002, 03:56 AM
Start out at around 2700 (150*18) and go from there. Keep upping calories until you are gaining approx 1 lb. per week. I would save the weight gainer for post workout only and get the rest of my cals from whole foods, unless you are having trouble eating enough cals throughout the day.

Bboy486
11-22-2002, 12:49 PM
Should I take weight gainer on days that I dont workout?

or should I take a protein shake instead?

Or no shake at all.

Silverback
11-22-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Bboy486
Should I take weight gainer on days that I dont workout?

or should I take a protein shake instead?

Or no shake at all.

id prefer to take weight gainer over whey on off days, but as long as you are feeding an appropriate amount of cals for growth then you will be alright whichever.

Only quarm is that whey digest too quickly for off training days, but i don't think it will make too much of a difference.

B-R

bradley
11-22-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by bradley
I would save the weight gainer for post workout only and get the rest of my cals from whole foods, unless you are having trouble eating enough cals throughout the day.

If you do decide to take a whey or weight gainer shake other than post workout I would mix it with milk to slow digestion.

Vido
11-22-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by bradley

If you do decide to take a whey or weight gainer shake other than post workout I would mix it with milk to slow digestion.

...or you can just sip on it throughout the day, thus eliminating any problems of it being digested too quickly.