PDA

View Full Version : Low fat breakfast burritos

GIS
11-21-2002, 12:25 AM
2 tortillas
cheese
turkey bacon
Eggs

I scramble 2 whole jumbo eggs and add 6 jumbo egg whites and pan fry four strips of turkey bacon until crispy (no grease added). Warm the tortillas, add the egg and strips of bacon, and cover with shredded cheese.

This is a good bulking food that has a good cal/fat/protein profile and is yummy. It's simiple and might be bland for some, but it's good calories, fast, and easy. Also, it's nothing too fancy, but in college who has thte time.

Relentless
11-21-2002, 08:14 AM
adding in a little salsa could add more flavour without adding fat

GIS
11-21-2002, 11:00 AM
Yeah, slasa is deffinatly something to add but I hate it on/in anything.

iLUDEd
11-25-2002, 10:36 AM
*tries to think of a way to have this as my breakfast while still on my cutting cycle*

GIS
12-01-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by iLUDEd
*tries to think of a way to have this as my breakfast while still on my cutting cycle*

They have low carb whole wheat tortillas. Throw some scrambled eggs and turkey bacon and that should be okay for cutting... at least in the sense that it would be low carbs.

Budiak
12-02-2002, 04:54 AM
How exactly is this low fat? Bacon and cheese?

*scratches head and assumes that it is not low fat cheese and fakin' bacon, which would make these 'taste-free' breakfast burritos

GIS
12-02-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
How exactly is this low fat? Bacon and cheese?

*scratches head and assumes that it is not low fat cheese and fakin' bacon, which would make these 'taste-free' breakfast burritos

I don't use much cheese when I do use it. As for cutting, don't use cheese, use the low carb tortillas, and the turkey bacon I use has a mere 2g of fat per 2 slices. It tastes fine to me, and when you're cutting isn't everything 'taste-free'? It sure beats the **** out of tuna from the can. Might not have the same protein-to-carb ratio content, but considering you need a few carbs and fat in the morning even when cutting, I like this meal.

Budiak
12-05-2002, 04:39 AM
Now you said nothin about turkey bacon, honkey.

That actually sounds pretty damn good. Something makes me think it will be about all I eat when I cut. Besides tuna straight from the can.

GIS
12-06-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
Now you said nothin about turkey bacon, honkey.

That actually sounds pretty damn good. Something makes me think it will be about all I eat when I cut. Besides tuna straight from the can.

Check out my very first post in the ingredience for where I said turkey bacon. :)

They are mmm mmm good. You have to make sure to cook the turkey bacon enough so they are crispy. If they are a little chewy (ie undercooked) they aren't as good.