PDA

View Full Version : eggs....



SM-2
11-21-2002, 02:12 PM
When your in a bulking stage is it ok to eat alot of whole eggs or should you keep it a small amount???

bradley
11-21-2002, 02:21 PM
It is fine to eat the whole egg. There has been no link to dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol levels. That is if you are worried about the cholesterol oevel of the egg. Would also be fine to eat the whole egg in a cutting cycle, just watch the calories.

Silverback
11-21-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by bradley
It is fine to eat the whole egg. There has been no link to dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol levels. That is if you are worried about the cholesterol oevel of the egg. Would also be fine to eat the whole egg in a cutting cycle, just watch the calories.

:withstupi

totally agreed, eggs are ace they are so convenient and yet so cheap. At present i rate them as the #1 supplement for my diet.

SM-2
11-21-2002, 02:37 PM
Thanks guys....I currently eat about 6 to eggs a day. Is that ok?

SM-2
11-21-2002, 02:38 PM
6 to 8 eggs......

Ritzol
11-21-2002, 03:28 PM
Well, if you're concerned it's too many then just buy some egg beaters and replace a few eggs with that.

Silverback
11-21-2002, 03:28 PM
6-8 is probably fine for bulking and gaining weight, but as far as health is concerned maybe a little too much fat 8 eggs= 40 grams of fat (ave) Its upto you, short time not too bad, long term maybe not so good.

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-21-2002, 04:50 PM
If you're bulking, be more aware of saturated fats.

If you're living, be more aware of frankenstein fats.

adam4444
11-21-2002, 05:27 PM
i scramble (then nuke)4 in tha mornin...put them bad boys on some wheat toast...egg sandwhich:drooling:

Berserker
11-21-2002, 06:40 PM
Cheapest protein that I know of. 96g for $1.00-1.20 My grandfather was a chicken farm lived to be 89. Theres been alot of publicity about eggs lately saying there not all that bad. Hard to say what to beleive though. My personal opionion is get checked. If you don't have a problem don't worry. This is just my uneducated opinion. I haven't been checked cause you have to fast for 12hrs.

Shao-LiN
11-21-2002, 09:55 PM
You consider 40 grams of fat a lot? I get about 80g a day and that's on my cut.

Silverback
11-22-2002, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Shao-LiN
You consider 40 grams of fat a lot? I get about 80g a day and that's on my cut.

No, but 40 grams of fat just from eggs maybe a bit much.

Im on keto so im consuming 150-175g per day :)

Y2A
11-22-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by adam4444
i scramble (then nuke)4 in tha mornin...put them bad boys on some wheat toast...egg sandwhich:drooling:

How do you prepare eggs in a microwave? How long do you have to put them in for? Im sure this ALOT easier than using a pan to cook em every time :)

bradley
11-22-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Y2A


How do you prepare eggs in a microwave? How long do you have to put them in for? Im sure this ALOT easier than using a pan to cook em every time :)

I think he is saying he scrambles them ahead of time and the re-heats them in the microwave. I know that you can cook Egg Beaters in the microwave.

Berserker
11-22-2002, 09:22 AM
I never though it was hard to pan fry. Heat pan. Crack egg, pour on pan. Take off pan. The only difference would be heating the pan. I guess scrambled eggs have to be stirred.
I just saw a interesting way to fry eggs. Pan needs to be hot, eggs cooking for a minute or so pour some water on the eggs and the put a cover on. Steams the tops.
As for the microwave throw it in add some time and add more time until done.

bigkevin20
11-22-2002, 03:47 PM
Yes you can cook eggs in the microwave. I used to do this every day before high school.
This is what I did .
beet eggs in a bowl
Add some milk
Add seasoning salt pepper etc
Add some butter
And cook like 2 3 minutes keep checking it and stir every couple of minutes.
2 slices of bread mayonase and some hot sauce:thumbup:

bigkevin20
11-22-2002, 03:47 PM
you can add chees to make um chees eggs

Max-Mex
11-22-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Ritzol
Well, if you're concerned it's too many then just buy some egg beaters and replace a few eggs with that.

I love these. I suggest these over eggs. Less fats.

Stray
11-22-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by bigkevin20
you can add chees to make um chees eggs

rofl - add that to the recipe board.

adam4444
11-22-2002, 05:45 PM
nah...just scramble 'em..put em in a microwave safe bowl....1min 45 to 2 min. for 2 eggs...stop halfway thru,stir and rotate bowl...i promise

adam4444
11-22-2002, 05:46 PM
my bad big kev..didnt see your post...thats it though...delicious:drooling: no mayo though...maybe a slice of cheese

Y2A
11-22-2002, 06:09 PM
Thanks guys, just tried it. 4 eggs, scrambled em up heated for 1 minute, stirred and did another minute... perfect!! Much easier than using the stove IMO.