PDA

View Full Version : shakes?

Berserker
11-21-2002, 06:30 PM
Anyone got any interesting homemade protien shakes?

I been having this for breakfast lately cause I am to lazy and hungry to make something.

12 ounces milk
2-3 raw eggs
1-2 tbs peanut butter
nestle quick
Blend

I never claimed it was original

Budiak
11-22-2002, 12:20 AM
I used to drink this a LOT:

2 scoops protein powder
1.5 cups milk
.5 cups water
2tbsp peanut butter
1 large banana
Ice cubes

With the ice, its ****in great. It has to be made in a high speed blender, of course, but its awesome. Sounds simple, yes, and it IS simple!

Reminds me of my former favorite breakfast.

2 cups unflavored yogurt
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup All Bran

Throw it all together and mix. Put in an apple if you want, nobody gives a **** anyways. It does taste ****ing great though, depending on the powder used.
I ate that for breakfast for months. Lots of calories...I think I'll start eating that **** again, actually.

galileo
11-22-2002, 11:17 AM
Watch out for raw eggs. Unless you like losing about 20lbs in 2 weeks.

Berserker
11-22-2002, 11:41 AM
Actually samenala takes alot less then 2 weeks. I had when was around 12 and lost 11 or 13 pounds in 3 days. Most painful thing I ever had.

Budiak
11-22-2002, 08:02 PM
Salmonella is bull****.

I just dont buy it.

WillKuenzel
11-22-2002, 09:48 PM
Salmon...? Yumm.

Here's mine:

2 cups milk
5 scoops weight gainer
1 scoop protein
1 tbsp glutamine
heavy whipping cream
flax seed oil
honey
1 banana
small amount of strawberry margarita mix

This is my nightly shake. The strawberry margarita mix really helps the flavor. Add just a little because its got good bit of sugar. Add heavy cream to get consistency right.

Its good and goes down smooth.

Berserker
11-22-2002, 10:39 PM
I don't know about salmonala from eggs or not. But when your ****ting blood and bent over in pain, you know you got it

Tryska
11-23-2002, 07:19 AM
if you do a search over last years diet and nutrition, there are a TON of shake recipes. i can't remember the dude's name but he posted a whole heap of them....also gino had a couple too.

Silverback
11-23-2002, 06:57 PM
Shakes are the best, they are such an indespensible part of a bodybuilders lifestyle, lets get this baby going, we need inspiration, in the past i was lazy and lived off Dorian Yate's MRP's but must admit Budiak's shake looks pretty good, reminds me of my early bb days when 800-1000 cal meal/shakes were a daily fixture.

JAJF
11-26-2002, 04:00 PM
Actually Galileo if you add ice to your protien shakes as Budiak said you are in no danger of Salmonella as long as you drink the shake before it hits 45 degrees faranheit.

After it hits 45 you might as well pitch it because you can get Salmonella then, but the bacteria cannot survive under 45 degrees.

JAJF

Budiak
12-01-2002, 07:33 AM
Salmonella? I just dont believe in it. I've done so many stupid kitchen things from eating raw chicken to throwing half a dozen raw eggs in a warm shake, so much, that I just dont buy it. You've got a better chance of getting hit by a car on the way to work every morning than you do getting salmonella. Its all a crock of **** to get you to buy more cutting boards, sponges, and cleaning products.

Stupid? Absolutely not. Crazy? Most definitely.

Neil
12-01-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Budiak

2 scoops protein powder
1.5 cups milk
.5 cups water
2tbsp peanut butter
1 large banana
Ice cubes

Damn, that sounds good. I'll have to try it.

steveo
12-02-2002, 08:11 PM
I sometimes mix all my protein drinks

1 myoplex
1scp of whey
1banana
few strawberries
2cps of skim milk
ice
sometime 1scp of N-Large2

That's more protein that my body can handle. Two of those and I meet my protein quota for the day

BostonBull
12-09-2002, 03:57 PM
Hey gus try this one out:

2 cups skim milk
1 Container egg beaters
1 Small strawberry yogurt
1 Scoop protein
1 Banana
7-8 Ice cubes

I know it makes a whole blender full but it tastes great and you can put half in the fridge for later.

roxyyo
12-23-2002, 12:17 AM
I heard raw egg whites are a waste because your stomach can't digest them.:confused: And what's with the tuna-diet coke fad that's going on...it sounds sick. I like my whey and nannas just fine...

demondriven
02-27-2003, 07:37 AM
Don't remeber where I got it but

2 cups of pineapple juice
2 scoops of whey
bannana
A few frozen strawberries
ice and blend

NotSoBig
02-27-2003, 09:37 AM
If you post one, tell us what flavor whey you use. I am trying to picture some of these with chocolate, and it sounds sick (because of the bananas)

I tossed a banana in my whey a few days ago, and it was the nastiest thing ive ever tasted.

Manveet
02-27-2003, 09:44 AM
banana goes fine with chocolate whey.

NotSoBig
02-27-2003, 09:46 AM
I guess its just me then. I don't like the taste.

Manveet
02-27-2003, 09:48 AM
It also tastes good in strawberry. Don't know about vanilla though.

Tryska
02-27-2003, 09:52 AM
almost any myoplex flavor goes well with orange juice. includign chocolate.

I've got a bunch of smoothie recipes commited to memory.

My morning shake is a Cappucino Ice myoplex lite with 2 spoonfuls instant coffee, some half and half or soy milk, water and ice.

one of my favorite post-workouts is Vanilla Isopure, apple juice, some vanilla yogurt and cinnamon.

I also like:

Chocolate whey
Apple Juice
1 banana
about 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
chocolate yogurt

or Strawberry lowcarb myoplex
orange juice
1 banana

Tryska
02-27-2003, 09:54 AM
ooh, my favorite low-carb/high anti-oxidant shake:

8oz soy milk
4oz apple juice
strawberry whey
1/4cup frozen strawberries
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/4cup frozen raspberries

Berserker
02-27-2003, 10:14 AM
I've put chocalte whey in with bannas and pb, good. If you don;'t like that just use vanillia. Chocalte wheys all I buy now. Vaniliia doesn't seem to have flavor, though I haven't tried alot. Twin Labs strawberry is good.

Tryska
02-27-2003, 10:17 AM
i hate eas vanilla whey.

i really like twinlabs triple whey in vanilla tho.

chocolate whey does taste awesome with bananas and pb tho. especially with some soy milk mixed in their.

MrWebb78
02-27-2003, 10:38 AM
16oz nonfat or 1% milk
1 banana
4 scoops of vanilla Nlarge OR 2 scoops of chocolate whey
4 or 5 strawberries
fat spoonful of natty PB
squeeze of honey
few dashes of cinnamon

with Nlarge this shake has over 1400 calories, great for getting fat. but certainly tastes better than the chocolate whey mix

SoulOfKoRea
05-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Orange Dream/Orange Julius Shake

4 oz. skim milk
2 oz. OJ w/o pulp
1 scoop vanilla whey
2 ice cubes

shake well, enjoy - tastes just like those orange dream ice cream bars(orange outside and the vanilla ice cream inside)

if you want it sweeter - add honey/caramel/or some canned peaches and blend

Tryska
05-29-2003, 12:09 PM
i've got a creamsicle recipe like that....mine has a lot of sorbet flavors in it tho...

simplified version:

12oz orange juice
1 scoop milk and egg protein
2 scoops peach sorbet
3 scoops vanilla sorbet

advanced versdion:

12 oz orange juice
1 scoop milk and egg
1/2 scoop mango sorbet
1/2 scoop raspberry sorbet
1 scoop peach sorbet
3 scoops vanilla.

lots of sugar in those.

GhettoSmurf
05-29-2003, 06:54 PM
2 Cups Oatmeal
3 Cups Milk
2 Scoops Whey
2 TBSP's Natty PB

Man O Steel
06-03-2003, 11:15 PM
anybody else got anything for a good protein shake without raw eggs, and stuff just found around the house...no protein powders or supps. Trying to make it cheaper by making them at home, instead of buying them or the whey.

GhettoSmurf
06-04-2003, 04:38 AM
as a replacement to the raw eggs, you could look into pasturized egg whites, like "Egg Beaters" or Better then Eggs", and put that in a shake with some oats and w/e else you'd want. except you might need to add some splenda to it, or just drink it down fast since im not sure how good it would taste.

j. mo
07-02-2003, 01:15 PM
Here is what I used during my bulking phase. It helped me gain 15 pounds in 5-6 weeks. The reason that I created this drink is because MRPs don't have anywhere near enough calories to actually be a meal

1 packet chocolate Isopure MRP (50 grams protien)
2 bananas
2 cups milk
a handful of frozen strawberries (they are easy to keep around for a week or two)

then you blend and you have a solid meal. 50 grams of protien, 800 - 1000 calories.

j. mo

AdamGberg
07-22-2003, 10:52 AM
banana
chocolate whey protein
ice
water
creatine/dextrose

drank post workout...good stuff on a hot day..

mikey4402
07-22-2003, 11:07 AM
what does the ice do for the shakes, makes it thicker or something? i sometimes add some ice cream to make mine thicker but if ice does that ill use ice to cuz out the suger and s***

Berserker
07-22-2003, 03:27 PM
I ran out of milk this week and was to lazy to go to the store, so I I used cottage cheese and water. Also pb, oats and whey. Not bad. Make sure the water is cold.

mikey4402
07-22-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Berserker
I ran out of milk this week and was to lazy to go to the store, so I I used cottage cheese and water..
i dont know if im going to be trying that too soon

AdamGberg
04-27-2004, 12:31 PM

2 scoops protein powder
1.5 cups milk
.5 cups water
2tbsp peanut butter
1 large banana
Ice cubes

With the ice, its ****in great. It has to be made in a high speed blender, of course, but its awesome. Sounds simple, yes, and it IS simple!

didn't add the half cup of water, through in some dextrose and creatine...this is so awesome...perfect drink for my non lifting days...

for post workout should i replace the milk with water and keep the other tasties?!?

Berserker
04-27-2004, 03:59 PM
didn't add the half cup of water, through in some dextrose and creatine...this is so awesome...perfect drink for my non lifting days...

for post workout should i replace the milk with water and keep the other tasties?!?
The whole point of water instead of milk is so the whey is absorbed fast. With leaving in everything else its not going to help much. Though I wouldn't overly worry either way. I don't think it will effect most people that much.

Gigante66
07-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Just so you know on the Salmonella note, approximately 2.3 million of the 69 billion eggs produced annually are contaminated with Salmonella. That is .003% or 1 in 30,000 eggs. If you are still worried, you can greatly reduce the chance of getting this extremely rare infection by purchasing High-Quality, Cage-Free eggs. Just don't buy the ****tiest eggs in the store and you should be good.

Keelvin
04-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Thanks for great tips..... i have use Myoplex for last 3 year but i tired this product

Malice
04-08-2009, 06:10 AM
My morningly shake consists of:

about 2 cups of porridge oats (oatmeal to you yanks?)
large tablespoon of ground flaxseed
3 scoops of whey
2 bannanas
1 large tub of low fat pro biotic yoghurt
handfull of blueberries or rasberries
skimmed milk

Makes enough for 2 large shakes, not sure of how many calories are in this but it tastes great and really sorts you out for the day :)

Mercuryblade
04-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks for great tips..... i have use Myoplex for last 3 year but i tired this product

Holy bump batman, can you say future spammer?

Big Jay
04-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Holy bump batman, can you say future spammer?
made me lawl

MadScientist
04-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Just so you know on the Salmonella note, approximately 2.3 million of the 69 billion eggs produced annually are contaminated with Salmonella. That is .003% or 1 in 30,000 eggs. If you are still worried, you can greatly reduce the chance of getting this extremely rare infection by purchasing High-Quality, Cage-Free eggs. Just don't buy the ****tiest eggs in the store and you should be good.

I used to eat raw eggs in my shakes until I got a salmonella egg.

I had to buy a dozen new pairs of skivvies and I couldnt lift for a week for fear of blowout.

Now I hardboil them all. And blend them if needed

RUFF_RYDER
06-18-2009, 07:27 PM
I ushally just use my muscle milk shake and add a banana, blueberries, and some pb. Oh im ushing the strawberry flavor btw..did it with choc to once which wasent to bad

Maddogz
09-10-2009, 09:00 PM
This is my shake:

1 scoop whey
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1-2 tablespoon oats
6-8 almond kernels
1 banana
2 tablespoon honey
1-2 tablespoon LSA mix (linseed, sunflower, almond)
1/2 ounce almond oil
ice cubes

= AWESOME