PDA

View Full Version : lets get physical (the reprise from hell)

McBain
04-15-2002, 10:37 AM
Ok here goes, today i started the 9 week westside routine found at elitefts.

Week one:
Day 1 ME squat

Good Morning: max at 80kgs => 176lbs

Glute Ham Raises: 3x10

Reverse Hypers: 3x8

Pulldown Abs: 5x15

Straight Leg Raises: 5x15

after about 3 months out of the gym i started again a bit over a week ago, did a few full body workouts just to get back into the swing of things. never really stuck to a routine before so im goign to try hard this time.
*goodmorning probably looks crap, thats only the second time ive tried them, everything else went fine.

Chris Rodgers
04-23-2002, 02:20 PM
Keep up with it man!

Good job on the goodmornings. Get the form down pat before you go crazy though.

Chris Rodgers
04-26-2002, 10:21 PM
Make sure they get you below parallel. You'll have to measure for your exact build.

Adam
04-26-2002, 10:25 PM
how tall are you mcbain?

Adam
04-26-2002, 10:31 PM
a 14"box shoudl be good for you

ericg
04-27-2002, 10:07 PM
Good luck man. Nice to see you are back in it. Just hit it hard and it will all come back to ya!!!

Mystic Eric
05-01-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by McBain
its all f--ken crap.

that's 'cause YOU'RE f--ken crap!!! ;)

What are you maxes at right now Bainface?

I suggest we have a race of sorts... We're both the same age... so we'll see who gets stronger, faster...

today I only benched 120 pounds, squatted 150 pounds, and deadlifted only 190 pounds...

Mystic Eric
05-01-2002, 01:51 AM
I just turned 18 on april 20th so we should be in the same grade...

Why would i lie about my "mexes"?

What are your MAXES?

So are you up for this fight to the finish?

Mystic Eric
05-01-2002, 03:04 AM
Haha I betcha those lifts aren't legal ;)

Orange357
05-02-2002, 06:12 PM
are you guys serious about your maxes?

Chris Rodgers
05-03-2002, 09:37 AM
Special gym trip to deadlift= ace!!!

Mystic Eric
05-05-2002, 12:20 AM
Well you better improve! Or my 100 pound bench is gonna crush you in our fight to the finish!

Mystic Eric
05-07-2002, 12:12 PM
Why in the blue hell are you leaving!?!?!? :swear:

Mystic Eric
05-10-2002, 02:09 PM
Keep your training logged and organized. If you don't, you won't see how you're doing and what you need to change.

Mystic Eric
05-30-2002, 12:11 PM
westside resumes NEXT monday.

just went tooday and had a crack at deadlifting, i thought i would up to a max but ran out of damn time, had to leave at 308lbs. felt kindof easy, annoyed me that i had to go. i might work on my grip a bit maybe. should be deadlifting on ME day soon though.

oh, something that pissed me off- im filling up my water bottle when this girl i know from school walks in to do some pump class or some other crap, just gave her a wave but she ran over like she was hysterical saying how big my arms were, right in the middle of the f--king gym. i was a bit embarassed and then she kept looking, so i told her to piss off coz she was annoying.

mmmmmmmmmmm my house smells so nice at the moment, im on my own so i bought a huge steak to eat.

You and your crazy stories bro. First the phantom deadlift, and the girls "admiring" your arms.

MonStar
08-21-2002, 12:51 AM
PUSH.
Flat BB Press 5 x 5
Dips 5 x 5
One-arm Laterals 3 x 6-8
Skullcrushers 5 x 5

PULL.
Chins 5 x 5
One-arm DB Rows/maybe bent over BB 5 x 5
Shrugs 3 x 6-8
BB Curls 5 x 5
Hammers 2 x 6-8

LEGS.
Squats 5 x 5
Deadlift 2 x 6-8
Goodmornings 5 x 5
Calf Raises 3x20

Looking good man. Routine looks more similar to mine than I thought. Looks good though nice and basic. I am confident that youll get good results with it as I have. It lacks an OH pressing movement which believe it or not has really helped me delts out. Theyre looking great, nice and thick next to my traps. Love the way that my delts looked pumped up after laterals. ;);)

Anyway I am getting carried away hehe. Keep this journal up man I really am looking forward to your gains, etc.

BennettBoy
08-21-2002, 06:43 AM
I too think you need a compound movement for your shoulders. If you are only going to do one exercise for shoulders on push day......consider military presses or seated dumbbell overheads as opposed to those laterals. Good luck!

MonStar
08-21-2002, 07:32 AM
Chins (bodyweight) 5,5,4,3,2
-couldnt believe how hard they were it was almost embarassing straining to get the last 2 reps out

One arm DB row (90lbs) 5,5,5,5,5
-heaviest dumbell in the gym and it was too easy either switch to BB rows or Belial rows

DB shrugs (90lbs) 8,8,8
-again will have to prolly use BB for these

BB curls, well EZBAR curls because all the BB's were being used (66lbs, dont knwo what an ez bar weighs?) 5,5,4,3,2
-did the hammers first, i was still hurting from those damn chins.

Hammer(55lbs) 8,8,8
-went ok could have got a bit more out of it

Nice workout McBain! Looking good man. Nice strength and everything like that. Keep up the hard work. I personally dont think that you need an OH press I feel that its just redundant on your shoulders. Flat BB presses for example hammer your front delts, and so do dips. Doing an OH pressing movement would just be excess. Side-laterals hit your side-delts and most pressing movements for your chest hit your front delts.

Tryska
08-27-2002, 08:37 AM
you're pregnant??

:scratch:

Tryska
08-28-2002, 05:12 AM
you think that's bad...i haven't trained in 2 weeks mcbain. :thumbup:

Tryska
08-28-2002, 06:58 AM
ace....go out there and deadlift a mini!

as for alyssa.....i don't know..i think perhaps she is.

MonStar
08-28-2002, 07:08 AM
Keep up the journal McBain. I just made some minor modifications to my push/pull/legs program with 5x5. You should check it out in my journal. In yesterday's journal entry look in my Comments and I believe I have my new routine. Less exercises with 5x5 and one less rest day I think is the main difference.

Hellrazor
08-28-2002, 07:12 AM
McBain are the pics too big to post on here ? E - mail them to me and I will crop and post them on here for you.

Savannah
08-29-2002, 04:37 AM
Everytime I see your thread title, I hear that song I think sung by Olivia newton John was it? :dj:

Anyways, glad you got a journal going again McBain, I'll be keeping my eye on you!:p

Hellrazor
08-29-2002, 04:50 PM
Hehe nice improvisations, reminds me of when I went to prison a few year back, here are some of the excercises I used when I couldnt get to the gym as I had a job five days a week.

Pillow shrugs, lateral and front raises, curls and tricep extensions ( filled with 2 litre bottles filled with water and books ). Got some awesome pumps off these hehe..memories.

Bunk bed pullups( well kind of, I`m on bottom bunk holding onto grid and pulling myself towards it ) lol...couldnt get much movement but they worked well for my upper back.

Decline press ups, feet on bottom bed hands on floor. Chair dips with pillow full of stuff in my lap, not much resistance but worked quite well.

After being shown how to deadlift by one of the gym orderlies I actually tried deadlifting my friend off the floor by gripping his sweater LMFAO, as you might guess it didnt work but we had a laugh trying. Ahhh young and stupid, as you can guess this is where my love of training started.

Well sorry for spamming your journal with shite but once again, nice improvisation and good luck with the routine.

kimpy225
09-03-2002, 11:26 PM
:strong:

Tryska
09-05-2002, 08:17 AM
did you tell your newbie curl jockey friend that if he's got legs everyonce in a while he should take a break from training arms to train his legs as well?

Kayak_boy
09-05-2002, 09:35 AM
Don't listen to her McBain, ya don't need legs!!:p

Tryska
09-05-2002, 09:37 AM
:swear:

Kayak_boy
09-05-2002, 09:37 AM
Oh, and that's a very Cheesy journal title.... I can't get that bloody song out of my head now.... DAMN YOU!!!:bash: :shoot:

LOL!!!:D

Kayak_boy
09-05-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Tryska

Get off your :soapbox:

LOL!!!!:p

Tryska
09-05-2002, 09:43 AM
:moon:

take that.

Kayak_boy
09-05-2002, 09:46 AM
I can see it coming out Missy!

Tryska
09-05-2002, 09:47 AM
:eek:

Kayak_boy
09-05-2002, 09:49 AM
A Big can of Whoop A$$!!!!!

:bash: :shoot: outnumber :ninja: :whip:

Tryska
09-05-2002, 09:51 AM
:hide:

Tryska
09-05-2002, 09:52 AM
*lol*

what the hell i figure mcbain won't be using his journal for a few weeks, we might as well.

Kayak_boy
09-05-2002, 09:56 AM
He won't be a happy camper when he gets back!! LOL!!!

Tryska
09-06-2002, 04:40 AM
good luck and god speed mcbain!

Hellrazor
09-06-2002, 06:21 AM
Indeed.

Kayak_boy
09-09-2002, 02:24 AM
Waht did I tell ya McBain??

The Roosters thrashed the Sharks!!

Can't wait for Friday night!

COME ON YOU ROOSTERS

Shocker
09-09-2002, 02:46 AM
go the Dragons

McBain, your squat and deadlift seem like your best lifts, correct ?
however, your chins and dips need some attention.

how's it going doing deads, squat and goodmornings all in the same day ? dont you feel like your lower back is going to turn to poo after that ?

Kayak_boy
09-09-2002, 05:59 AM
Dragons me arse!

COME ON YOU ROOSTERS!!

Savannah
09-12-2002, 07:19 AM
:hello:
Hi McBain!!!:cool:

Hellrazor
09-14-2002, 10:37 AM
Poor quality pics them, get yerself a nice new camera ! And get your punk ass down to the gym.

BTW Your back looks to be one of your strong points.

That is all.

Tryska
09-14-2002, 01:38 PM
i agree with hellrazor. your back is looking great mcbain!

Tryska
09-15-2002, 09:49 AM
aww..and you named it after me. how nice! :)

well the angles are different, but it appears you've put some more mass on since then.

BennettBoy
11-06-2002, 07:06 AM
Congrats on finishing high school dude.

MonStar
11-07-2002, 07:16 AM
today i was driving home and i saw my g/f driving in the opposeite direction to my house, anyway just for fun i drove past my house and went around some roundabouts just for the hell of it. she followed in her car, anyway i turned around and went to drive home and this oldish guy runs out of his house, onto the road adn sortof punches my car as i dodge the maniac. anyway i look in the mirror and as my g/f drives past him he kicks her car, im like wtf? anyway we jutrs drove back to my house and then a couple of minutes later he pulls up in his car and is liek this isnt a bloody racetrack you know etc etc are you bloody stupid ive got kids. (my g/f was hiding by this time) anyway i said man we werent speeding or driving dangerously so whats your problem.

then hes liek i have 20 years driving experience, how long have you been driving etc etc (then my g/f decided to join us) anyway this went on for a little while and i was just like why teh f-ck did you run out in front of a car that was really f-cking stupid (normally i wont talk to someone like that) anyway then i just said have a good day, mate. and he drove off. i felt kindof bad, i mean we werent being dangerous but i respect the fact that he thought we might have been and the fact that his children are probably the most important things in his life. anyway it was the most eventful thing today.

Wow sounds like a total a*shole. I had a similar experience on Haloween. I was driving around this neighborhood with my girlfriend in the car and we were looking for her sisters and brother. I was going probably 10-15 MPH in the neighborhood. Well I guess some dad thought since there were kids trick-or-treating I should slow down. He was like "Hey! Slow down!" I honked and stuff. He was a friggin' b*tch.

BennettBoy
11-10-2002, 08:37 PM
Not sure if it is the cars that are trouble or all the weirdos running around. :confused:

Savannah
11-11-2002, 01:07 PM
Happy Rememberance Day Dude! :mad:...:mad:

:mad:...................:mad:

:mad:..........................:mad:

:mad:....................................:mad:

:mad:.........................:mad:

:mad:.................:mad:

:mad:.....:mad:

That is a poppy btw:) It got all messed up though when I went to post it .

NateDogg
11-26-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by McBain in NateDogg's journal
sup wigga, just a question- how are you finding the push pull legs? its what ive pretty much just started with but i kindof messed it up a bit so she's a little bit changed.

want to have a look and see if you think its a stupid idea (i made only very minor changes but wasnt sure if i was on the right track) or should i stick to the original plan, just wanted an opinion from someone doing somethign similar.

expecting fireworks for that 200lb benchpress, more power to ya!
***Oh there will be fireworks! Thanks bro...

I really like it so far. Combined with heavy sets first, it's treating me just fine.

I would definitely stick to your original plan. One of the purposes of PUSH-PULL-LEGS is that it forces you to only work each muscle group once per cycle. This way you can go all out. Moving PUSHES to PULL day and so forth will change that, and you may end up over-training...triceps for instance (PUSH day with skulls, then dumbbell press the next workout). Your DB press will suffer without a doubt as you shoulders and tri's will not be fully recovered from your PUSH workout.

Just my $.02

NateDogg

NateDogg
11-26-2002, 08:51 AM
that being said, maybe i should just stfu and stick to the original plan.

:withstupi

Just give it a shot. If you can't stand it, then fiddle with it.

MonStar
11-26-2002, 04:14 PM
I think that you should stick to the original plan. I really like the push/pull/legs type of split. This way youre pretty much guaranteed that nothing will be overtrained. I mean youre going to be hitting back and bis on Pull, chest and tris and maybe delts on push, and then legs on legs. So everything gets trained sufficiently if you ask me.

bradley
12-11-2002, 02:41 PM
CHANGE OF PLAN

im clueless as to how many cals i shoudl be eating, ive always just ate heaps and tried to get bigger.

should i change the plan at all, im going to introduce some more cardio in an attempt ot get fit.

:help:

all comments appreciated.

A good rule of thumb on daily calorie intake would be 12* bw for cutting. I recommend slowly decreasing your calories until you get to this amount. Monitor your weight loss and try to aim for a weight loss of about a pound a week. You can add in cardio on your off days but I would see how the weight loss progresses from diet alone,, and then add in cardio as the weight loss slows. Post your diet and I will be happy to offer my lowly opinion. Good luck and hope the back is feeling better.:)

bradley
12-12-2002, 06:22 AM
Good luck with the research , and I will be interested to see how it comes out.

iLUDEd
12-14-2002, 12:58 PM
woohoo now i get to be hassled by drunks and women who like to steal newspapers :rolleyes:

drunken women.. go get em tiger! :thumbup:

bradley
12-14-2002, 02:43 PM
another question (first one to answer wins a prize?)

i saw some cheap protein powder but on closer inspection per 100grams it had 45grams protein and 40grams carbs and something liek 1.1grams fat.

should i buy??

If you did buy this particular brand then I would up the carb content for post-workout. Is it online? What are the ingredients? From the info that I have I would buy it and add in some dextrose or maltodextrin. More information would be helpful.

bradley
12-14-2002, 05:34 PM
I am sure that it would be ok post workout but unless you can get it for almost nothing I would go with something else. It did have whey listed first so that would be the majority of the protien but I am not for sure what the carbohydrate polymer would be. Also saw that it has Psyllium Husks listed in the ingredients which I believe are a source of fiber which would not be what you want post workout due to the slowing of digestion. I know this doesn't help you very much but I don't want to say yes when I am not positive about the product. Most people say protien is protien and go with what the best deal is. If there is a different I feel like it would not be very significant.

iLUDEd
12-15-2002, 01:51 AM
dude-what-the-bloody-hell-are-you-doing-up-so-early-on-a-sunday??

haha, i was waiting for the doctors to open so i can get this cough soughed out

if your after some cheap whey, i brought a 5kg tub (per 100g there is something like 90g protein) for 118$ off this place on the internet, took them 3 days to ship it from brisbane to melb, so there pretty quick, and shipping didnt cost that much either, if u want the url let me know n ill pass it on

iLUDEd
12-15-2002, 07:40 AM
http://vs46337.server-store.com/store/list.inetstore?id=125

hope u find something u like there buddy

iLUDEd
12-15-2002, 02:43 PM
for a decent spray job your looking at a few grand.. blacks a bitch to keep clean though, i aint washed my car for over 3 months.. which reminds me, time to take it to the car wash

cough is gettin better, the bitch of a thing has kept me home the weekend of the opening of a new club down here, i heard it went off, the owner went all out and even got hookers to sit on stool's and read books in a fish thank..

MonStar
12-16-2002, 07:23 AM
b'press@176lbs
(+ a coupla warmups);
-felt ok, definately getting better

Nice strength here MB, keep up the hard work man. Do you have any strength goals set?

iLUDEd
12-16-2002, 09:00 AM
want a copy of my CV? ive kinda worked in similar fields as u

bradley
12-16-2002, 09:07 AM
workout went pretty good, still feel pretty fat and disgusted at myself but im working on it.

now ive gotta write a CV for a job im applying for tomorrow, warehouse work for a vitamin/supplement company.

Shouldn't feel like that long if you keep pounding out good workouts like the one above. Good luck on the resume, and maybe when you get the job they will hook you up with some supplements at a discount.

iLUDEd
12-16-2002, 09:26 AM
chuck us ya email, i just gota take out the numbers of my references 1st hehe

iLUDEd
12-16-2002, 09:38 AM
sent :P

iLUDEd
12-16-2002, 09:58 AM
ar3, hehe i though u were trying to talk in 'leet' net talk :) haha jk, i just finished my 2nd year of commerce, the cource they got at my uni is pretty ace, u got 12 diff fields to chose from for your major, and u can do a sub major from any other faculty, so im either going to major in e-commerce management (or something alike) or marketing, and sub major in nutrition..

good luck with ya results dude

ericg
12-20-2002, 10:35 AM
Cool on the results man, hope it all works out for ya!!

I know what u mean bout being the DD, sucks sometimes. THey are lucky to have u as a friend.

BennettBoy
12-20-2002, 11:09 AM
got my secret santa present from work, a santa hat and the most henious fluffy car dice the world has ever seen, bright green with teh words 'cool dude' written on them, the sad thing is they will probably double the value of my car just by being in there :)

Yes that is sad indeed. :D

bradley
01-06-2003, 04:25 AM
Seems like you have motivation and that is a great start at obtaining your goals. Good luck and stick with it.

bradley
01-10-2003, 05:57 AM
ok so i get into the gym and there is basically a queue for the squatrack, this is unheard of and i was pretty surprised.

So were they actually doing squats or waiting to do some intense bicep curls?:p

Alex.V
01-10-2003, 06:29 AM
You lifted, did cardio, THEN squatted?

Madman.

WHERE'S ME VEGEMITE??

MonStar
01-11-2003, 05:12 AM
Good job achieving your goals McBain! :thumbup::thumbup:

bradley
01-11-2003, 07:56 AM
GOALS
-Get stronger
-Lower bf%
-Get a lot fitter (aerobic endurance etc)
-Do more boxing
-Not eat like a pig
-Get a better job

Good luck with the new goals. Sounds like some good ones.

"note to self: never ever buy and consume a HPLC bar again."

and never let girlfriend drive with sandals on;)

MonStar
01-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Damn McBain.. 16 hours? :eek::eek:

mixta
01-13-2003, 06:15 AM
Good luck with all of your goals!

wanted to use more but bastards had already taken them and i didnt have time to weight-excuse the pun

lol

Miss Rezza
01-14-2003, 06:41 AM
lol i think i might have stirred her up a bit?

LOL!! Well either that, or that chick has some serious issues!!! :nod:

Shane
01-14-2003, 09:49 PM
she's a bit crazy i think.......ah well *looks for block button*

:thumbup:

Franjipani
01-16-2003, 04:17 AM
also today i fixed up the wires in my car.................STILL CANT DECIDE WHETHER TO GO TO UNI THIS YEAR OR NOT :SWEAR:

Whats yer dilemma?

Manveet
01-16-2003, 08:21 AM
weight: 209lbs (6ft tall)

You weigh more then me, damn you.

Franjipani
01-17-2003, 02:12 AM
i think pretty much what it boils down to is:
Stay where i am this year:work a lot, travel later in the year, stay with girlfriend

OR

go to uni: prolly move out of home, break up with girlfriend.....

Okay, now that you have been accepted to the course you want, does this change things for you???

I know you think you are confused and frustrated.....and that in itself is fantastic...because it means that a breakthrough is imminent. You just need to make a decision...once you have, everything else will fall into place. It really doesnt matter if down the track you change your mind....In order to get to this point, I'd way up what is more important to you in life....have a good hard think about what your passions are, what juices you and what will make you happy. Then you have take action toward that goal..... :D.

I'm cheerin for ya !!! Congrats on being accepted to your course though....its always a wonderful feeling of achievement..

:angel:

Budiak
01-17-2003, 03:18 AM
I love the usual weight room conversation. Although, I do avoid it at all costs...this one guy asked to work in on the pressdowns once, so I said ok. He did whatever, then I jumped in and did the same weight he did, and he was like 4 times my size. The bastard's eyes lit up and he said 'Hey man, you put up some good weight!' So I shot him.

I just do freeweights now. Nobvody asks to step in.

Franjipani
01-17-2003, 10:41 PM
thanks a lot franji...i talked to my g/f about it and she said look just od whatever and if we were meant to be then it will be ok, and i agree. btw franji what do you do for a living.......your words are beautiful if i do say so myself, thank you very much.

:angel: My absolute pleasure.... everything generally works out for the best;).

I do derivitives trading at the moment... for general cashflow purposes. My ultimate dream is to be a life coach/motivational trainer and to really help people enrich their lives and achieve their goals.... :D

Have a top weekend !

MonStar
01-20-2003, 08:05 AM
Good job on the pressdowns MB! Got the whole and then some huh? Very impressive. How high does the stack go in your gym on the pressdown machine? In my gym it goes up to 200 lbs. which isnt too bad.

MonStar
01-21-2003, 10:00 PM
Yeah McBain machines do get confusing. Which maybe 100 lbs. on my machine could be 130 on yours, etc. etc. That why I think freeweights are the best way to go. So we all can compare to one another, etc. At least on the big lifts.

Manveet
01-21-2003, 10:22 PM
went straight from bench to these 66lbs d'bells is = to my best in this so im happy hwo these are.

Good strength here man, especially right after the bench. Keep at it you will soon own those 90's.

Franjipani
01-22-2003, 03:35 AM
sometimes i just think that whenever she doesnt get her own way or if i dont instantly agree with her she gets sulky. why am i even writing this?

Do you think perhaps she is a wee bit sensitive about the fact you may go off to uni ??? Maybe she is just craving attention from you hon.... ;)

Anyway, great job on your Military Press :thumbup:

Franjipani
01-24-2003, 04:00 AM
p.s to all ive decided to defer, reasons:
1. If i earn enough $$ i can travel overseas later and visit family in england (grandma recently diagnosed with cancer)
2. If i earn enough $$ this year then next year at uni i can get youth allowance from the government.
3.Gives me more time to think about what i want in life rather than rushing back into school.

there are more, the only con would be that i am using a year that i could be studying so im goign to make sure not to waste the time ive got.

Congratulations on making a decision either way:thumbup:. Sounds like you have really thought things through which is fantastic.... life is no dress rehersal babe....and now just watch and see everything fall into place:D. Its a beautiful thing !!

I think you will also find that all your g/f issues like the ones you have described above will cease :p.

Ohh and eat more McBain....don't want you to fade away now do we????tuttut

Franjipani
01-27-2003, 04:38 AM
not doing anythign today....just listening to the hottest 100......

Its just the best day of the year really:D. This is the first year in 5yrs I have not gone to BDO:(. Have seen most of those acts a few years ago... The only one I hadn't seen which would have been tres cool was "Janes Addiction".... ahhh well...

What is it you need to work on?? Will it change your current routine?

bradley
01-27-2003, 05:27 AM
Good work on the bench McBain. You'll be pushing 2 plates for reps in no time.;)

Manveet
01-27-2003, 06:45 PM
*finally!! got 220, goddamn its about time, felt really good so i went for two and it was ok. didnt have a spot and didnt want to risk anymore.

Way to go McBain, you're getting up there. You should just get some guy to spot you on those, so you can go all out.

Franjipani
01-31-2003, 10:13 PM
franji......i was too poor to go to BDO this year, i went last year for teh fist time and it was so ace (except for having to leave the prodigy for basement jaxx :swear: )

Mmm i know what ya mean.... I saw prodigy in UK at Glastonbury a few years back so my choice was easy:D. Still, my favourite last year was a toss up between John Butler Trio & Kosheen;).

Sorry to hear about your car trouble dude !!! You sound like a bit of a handy man....you'll sort it:)

bradley
02-02-2003, 11:53 AM
Just take it one thing at a time man. Bench pressing is always a good stress reliever. :strong:

lol, at the new avatar:hump:

Shane
02-02-2003, 06:30 PM
Nice avatar McBain! :D

Franjipani
02-03-2003, 03:31 AM
im also thinking i might post some pics soon?

:nod: ......and about time too !!!

LMAO @ your avatar.... tis too cute for words :p

Franjipani
02-07-2003, 08:20 AM
its been nearly two weeks since i hit the gym.
since my membership ran out i just havent had the same eagerness to get into the gym.....

Riiiiiiight !! So, are you just going to let all that hard work, dedication and committment go down the drain until you pull your finger out and GET BACK TO THE GYM?? tuttut

*shakes McBain*

C'mon hon....time to get focused... find a new gym and PRONTO...:)

Shane
02-07-2003, 09:36 AM
its been nearly two weeks since i hit the gym.

since my membership ran out i just havent had the same eagerness to get into the gym.....the new job is ok bu tthe girls can get a little bitchy sometimes.

Ahem! You do realize that your journal is named after an Olivia Newton John song right?

Ahem ahem! So if I have to stop being a lazy bastard you better get to the gym.

I'm coming for you!*

*In a strictly platonic, metaphoric way.

bradley
02-07-2003, 02:18 PM
Take some of that frustration out on the weights. Always makes me feel better.

Manveet
02-07-2003, 02:21 PM
Start training again foo.

Shane
02-08-2003, 11:07 AM
Which hair did you have cut?

Where are you going overseas to?

Franjipani
02-09-2003, 07:14 AM
...and all the drunk peopel walk past and give me the sh-ts really bad liek tryign to steal papers or start fights etc but ive got my new haircut now so ill try to act mean......last week oen fat gross heffer tried to kiss me its terrible!

*LMAO*

Are you drunk??? :p You so funny:D

Next post I read better be a detailed super-dupa workout or else........;)

BennettBoy
02-09-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Franjipani

*LMAO*

Are you drunk??? :p You so funny:D

Next post I read better be a detailed super-dupa workout or else........;)

LOL Franji, I was wondering

A) was he drunk
B) do they spell words really weird in Australia
C) or is his spelling or typing just bad or
D) :ninja: who cares anyway.

I vote D.

Get back to the gym McBain.....and learn to spell. :D

Shane
02-09-2003, 11:15 AM
a haircut from the hairdresser shane.

Ok. Which hair did your hairdresser cut? :D

Franjipani
02-14-2003, 01:48 AM
this = the longest post ove ever made on WBB.

You don't say :p

Congrats on getting your lazy butt to the gym !!!!

I know its hard to sit by and watch your good friend and this guy....but until she gets sick to death of the jealousy & reaches some type of threshold you are wasting your breath.... He is acting the way he does because he is obviously insecure and its all about him and has nothing to do with you... Just be there to support her is all you can do.

Interesting how you have attached so much emotion to it though ;).

I tossed up about getting a tatoo with my best mate.... mine was going to be quite discreet though... so I can choose to reveal it or not..still thinking about it actually...:angel:.

bradley
02-14-2003, 02:56 AM
still no gym except for that last workout......im too lazy. goddamn valentines day also. gotta call teh tax department now. later.

After Valentine's Day no excuses. :) Get thee to a gym. Seriously though sometimes think get really hectic so I can understand, but just remember to find your way back there eventually. Sonner rather than later. Take care and no rally driving on public roads;)

Franjipani
02-14-2003, 07:58 PM
maybe because weve been together for so long that i cant think what it would be like without her but right now this is a pretty screwed up realationship. she expects things to be so mcuh like other people she knows.....eg this guy does this for his girlfriend, why dotn you? i diont know how much longer this will last.

I'd really love to help you out here..so if you want to chat just PM me..

This is not really the place ;)

Shane
02-14-2003, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE]today i did jack squat.[QUOTE]

I hope that's a new exercise.

McBain, I know we've talked about this before but if you do break up with her, even though it may feel like the end of the world it isn't. I know cuz I've been there too. Most of us have. But if it doesn't feel like it's gonna work out right then it's better to break it off sooner than later. We're here for you man.

bradley
02-15-2003, 07:52 AM
Yeah, get those cals up McBain. That will send you into starvation mode in a hurry.;)

Shane
02-15-2003, 09:24 AM
Yeah McBain, you need to eat more man! Why did your g/f care that you quit your ice cream job? That sounds weird. Did you get her free ice cream or something?

SWOLE
02-23-2003, 09:57 PM
1500 calories!?!?!? dang, that is low, what do you weigh and how much do you want to weigh?

Franjipani
02-24-2003, 01:35 AM
talked to my g/f about everythign that was going on, i said if things didnt work out with her beign away then we should break up. she agreed. whatever shall be shall be.

Cheer up hon:D :D.

You have been going through heaps of changes lately etc.... so perhaps that is why everything is up in the air at the moment.....give it a bit of time, things will settle down and you will have clarity again... everything happens for a reason....and although it feels like crap at the moment....things have a way of sorting themselves out.....

In the meantime, changing routine sounds like a fab idea to give you that added motivational boost & get you back into your training:)

Manveet
02-26-2003, 11:17 PM
Warm up and go straight for the 80's next time. Damn, you gettinstrong, keep it up.

WillKuenzel
02-27-2003, 07:40 AM
i got some crazy marks on my traps maybe from the standing calf raise machine or somethign, my mum freaked out when she saw them and was liek wtf are you doing in there?!?!?I get those exact same things. I get mine from the calf raise thing too. Its definitely a good thing.

i want to get fitter but hate cardio with a passion.You and me are in the exact same boat. I despise cardio with an ending hatred. You might be able to alter your training slightly to compensate for this depending on your body type.

i cant decide on what to do nextabout training???What are some of your goals really and what is more important? We might be able to come up with something for ya. How often can you workout? I'll go back and look for some stats in here and I can offer up some suggestions if you want.

Sorry to hear about your cousin dude. That's some tough stuff. At least he's out though and you never know, he might actually get to be quite a bit better than they think he will. Stranger things have happened.

I'm with Manveet on the 80's too. If you can do the 70's for 5 after all that then you I bet you can easily get out 4 reps of the 80's if you started there first after warming up.

bradley
03-01-2003, 04:29 PM
Hope the wrist gets to feeling better. Sounds as though you jammed it up pretty good. :eek:

bradley
03-09-2003, 05:31 AM
Looks like you would get to see a lot of different places if you went with the first option:) Either way they all look like a lot of fun. Hope the wrist gets to feeling better.

bradley
03-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Trip sounds like a blast McBain. You should venture down into the states as well. Take care of the wrist and watch out for dogs, even muzzled ones;)

Manveet
03-10-2003, 10:35 PM
Whereabouts in Canada will you be visiting McBain?

mixta
03-11-2003, 03:20 AM
sydney > hong kong (couple of days) > london (stay for a few weeks with family, then visit some places in europe for a while then back to england) > canada (stay for a few days, maybe more?) > back to sydney

That sounds alright, Any trip overseas is good, the dollar is getting stronger too so that should help.

went for a bike ride lasted close to an hour, it was murder. went up crazylong hills and it kicked my ass. i just figure that you never see a fat bike rider on tv.

Bike rides are fun, havent had a decent ride for a while, only on the treadmill, hills are killer though:D

got chased by a dog (except it had a muzzle)

You get that sometimes, lol. What sort od dog was it?

mixta
03-11-2003, 03:21 AM
sydney > hong kong (couple of days) > london (stay for a few weeks with family, then visit some places in europe for a while then back to england) > canada (stay for a few days, maybe more?) > back to sydney

That sounds alright, Any trip overseas is good, the dollar is getting stronger too so that should help.

went for a bike ride lasted close to an hour, it was murder. went up crazylong hills and it kicked my ass. i just figure that you never see a fat bike rider on tv.

Bike rides are fun, havent had a decent ride for a while, only on the treadmill, hills are killer though:D

got chased by a dog (except it had a muzzle)

You get that sometimes, lol. What sort of dog was it? Hope the wrist heals up soon :)

Mystic Eric
03-11-2003, 04:16 AM
Make sure you hit up Vancouver. It's awesome.

*hugs McBain*

bradley
03-18-2003, 10:34 AM
Nice to hear that you are getting back into it McBain. Go easy on the wrist;)

bradley
03-24-2003, 01:45 PM
Take it easy on the ol wrist McBain. Don't want to reinjure it but I am glad to see that you are able to start back working out. Do you have another gym in mind that you can get a membership to?

4. stupid people. i mean heaps of stupid people liek the skinny-guys-who-like-to-hang-out-in-groups-and-talk-and-puff-themselves-up-after-using-the-nice-shiny-weights

Sounds like a type of curl jockey. They are at all gyms I believe:)

Franjipani
03-29-2003, 08:23 PM
also bought 12 cd's for $4 :thumbup:

Whoooooaaa, good work hon:thumbup:

Sorry about the sucky gym scenario....my gym sucks for it too....no interesting cardio classes at all and its hardly ever open but that just means lotsa potential for me to gets me some decent clients :D :angel:.

bradley
04-07-2003, 04:45 PM
I would say drop one of the arm routine days because your bi's and tri's also get worked as secondary muscles on back and chest days.

You could do giant sets for chest and back as well. Might be worth experimenting with and see what kind of results you get.

$1.50 tape deck sounds like a bargain to say the least:)

bradley
04-20-2003, 05:48 AM
Might want to watch out for those spiders McBain. Those could definitely put a damper on your training.:)

Hope everything starts going better for you. Maybe you will win the 30K makeover:eek:

Franjipani
05-29-2003, 04:45 PM
anyway nobody seems to care about my journal anymore :(

Awwww bless, I care muffin;).

I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend & your car issues:(. Everyday will get a little easier even though you may feel like poo right about now !!

Are you still saving up to go o/s or did you end up going back to Uni???

Hey, I'm in the US at the moment and I've eaten one of those protein bars they all rave about called a "detour bar".... man, its bloody delicious. Do we have them in Australia???