PDA

View Full Version : Diet confusion

Fortren
11-24-2002, 09:30 PM
I am a 206lb, 5"7 Male trying to choose the best diet plan.

My goal is to lose weight, then focus on muscle later.

30 min run 3 times a week.
30 - 40 min Home training 3 x week

My BMR is calculated at 2975, and a diet of:
P: 260g
C: 195g
F : 86g
2594 calories has been suggested per day.

I am unsure if this is accurate or healthy. I've been reading and attempting to find the best plan for the last fortnight, to no avail.
How much of the fat should be saturated?
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Shao-LiN
11-25-2002, 02:07 AM
Try to make a good majority of your EFAs monounsaturated. Polyunsaturated and saturated should follow suit. It really doesn't matter all too much if you eat clean. Most EFAs you take in should be great.

restless
11-25-2002, 02:45 AM
Shao-lin, the term EFA's stands for essential fatty acids. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but these are only the polysaturates omega 3 and 6. The rest your body can produce so they shouldn't be called that.

bradley
11-25-2002, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Fortren
I am a 206lb, 5"7 Male trying to choose the best diet plan.

My goal is to lose weight, then focus on muscle later.

30 min run 3 times a week.
30 - 40 min Home training 3 x week

My BMR is calculated at 2975, and a diet of:
P: 260g
C: 195g
F : 86g
2594 calories has been suggested per day.

I am unsure if this is accurate or healthy. I've been reading and attempting to find the best plan for the last fortnight, to no avail.
How much of the fat should be saturated?
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't worry to much about saturated fat. Just try and get your protien from lean sources and then you won't have to worry about saturated fats. Like restless and shao-lin pointed out you will probably need to supplement your diet to get accurate omega 3 fatty acids. I use fish oil but flax would be another option.

Tiare
11-25-2002, 02:47 PM
Try it, if it doesn't work, change it. You'll never know what works for you until you start trying things out.

Sounds like you are shooting for 1 or 2 lbs weight loss a week.

Fortren
11-25-2002, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I am looking to lose <2.0lb a week.

I'll also look into flax/fish oil and also invest in olive oil (Monounsaturated)