PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick calories question

I Need Help
11-24-2002, 10:00 PM
I'm currently designing a cutting diet for my chubby little brother and a bulking diet for my self. I used the search function but there where so many threads that i wasn't able to find this precise info, sorry:D

The thing is I don't know which caloric "guideline" to use so I wanted to know what you guys think.

I'm using 15 cals per bodyweight to find out my manteinance caloric intake (2400), but with the method suggested by the WBB article my AMR has 425 calories more than the other method(2825)...so which one must I follow???

For cutting should I use 12 cals * per bodyweight or how many calories should i substract to the AMR on the diet article on WBB??
My guess is 500?

Also, should this be a steady number or should the caloric intake decrease gradually???

One final question, what is the lowest amount of calories one can take before reaching starvation?

Thanks

entrrt
11-25-2002, 12:17 AM
i would just start out at 12xBW for caloric intake and see what your weight does for the 1st few weeks. if your dropping 1-1.5 lbs. per week then that's the number to reach. just remember to recalculate while your weight changes. it's all about "fine tuning" your calories to find what it takes to drop about a lb. per week.