PDA

View Full Version : Wraps/Tortillas Frozen. Comments Please

Adamj5
11-25-2002, 06:15 PM
Lately my diet has gone to **** partley becuase of budget but mainly because I'm either to lazy or busy to make a decent meal six times a day.

With the exception of tuna straight from the can what about this.

Here is my idea. I love tortillas while on my diet I ate them about twice a day. Usually with chicken. i dont have the breakdown right now but they have decent protein, good carbs, and very low fat. I also love the breakfast tortillas. So to make things easy Im thinking about getting some chicken breasts,turkey breast, fish, shrimp, and all the other goodies to make a large bulk of tortillas
and a **** load of aluminum foil and a black magic marker. Make the tortillas label them with what kind and the c/p/f specs of each. Drop them in the freezer and remove to the fridge a day or two before i need them.

I think this is a great idea. Would be easy. Could do the same for the breakfast tortillas. The only problem I can see is freezing then unfreezing can cause problems. If there is any juices in the wrap the tortillia could get squishy (which might not be such a bad thing).

Has anyone tried this??

Also what about making WW Natty PB sandwiches and freezing them,WW Cheese sandwiches???

Adamj5
11-25-2002, 06:18 PM
Also you could throw them in the oven straight from the freezer. If they had cheese it would melt.

While still slightly frozen throw them in a pan with some olive oil and give them a quick fry, now its crunchy.

Stray
11-25-2002, 06:23 PM
Would there be veggies in it or just meat and tortilla?

Adamj5
11-25-2002, 06:55 PM
Oh Yes Veggies too. I was thinking peppers,onions,mushrooms, I was thinking maybe adding some brown rice with a tex-mex seasoning and some corn. Maybe some brocolli.

I guess the only thing I would need to watch for is adding to many carbs as the tortillas already have a few.

epimetheus
11-26-2002, 09:45 AM
I eat wraps quite a bit as well. Unlike bread they have decent carbs without refined sugars. (tortillas that is)

I generally take some cheese, Tuna, lettuce, chopped up celery, onions and mayo and roll it up in a tortilla, yum!

I also do the Egg salad with hot picante sauce rolled up with a bit of cheese. Double YUM!

There are so many things a person can do with the wraps it is perfect. Great carbs, tasty, no sugar (other than the carbs), low fat, some protein, and versitile, what more can a bodybuilder want? Move over bread, here comes your superior. :)

Saint Patrick
11-26-2002, 06:02 PM
3 words:

Whole Wheat Tortillas

mr_hand
11-27-2002, 02:32 PM
3 words:

Fab- U- lous

"yeah and I got three words too............ backup Yoko-Ono"
Bunz-Booty Call

body
11-29-2002, 01:54 PM
tortiallia are easy to freeze. chicken when defrosted will be okay. though the wrap will deforst quicker than the chicken. if you have space. freze th wrap and chicken seperatley, then defrost them over night, then you add some salad in for a bit extra healthiness.