PDA

View Full Version : My morning egg sandwiches

IceRgrrl
11-26-2002, 06:30 AM
It may just be that after my 6:30 a.m. workout I am starving and anything would taste good, but I've been making these the night before and eating them after workouts for three months now and I still think they are the best!

2 frozen bagels thawed in micro
2 large eggs cooked in cool little micro cooker that makes them perfectly bagel-shaped
2 slices low fat cheese (melts well)
2 slices low-fat smoked ham
hot sauce

I make them before I go to bed, wrap them in aluminum foil, then warm them on the dashboard of my truck with the heat from the defroster as I leave the gym and drive 30-40 minutes to work. Warm, yummy, convenient, healthy breakfast.

Pup
11-26-2002, 07:46 AM
Of course a recipe of yours would contain hot sauce ;)

...that is a killer quick fix meal though.

Savannah
11-26-2002, 08:18 AM
Icer, you are one of the coolest chicks!
Warming them up on the dash board, that's hilarious yet such a practical idea!:)

ElPietro
11-26-2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by IceRgrrl
I make them before I go to bed, wrap them in aluminum foil, then warm them on the dashboard of my truck with the heat from the defroster as I leave the gym and drive 30-40 minutes to work.

Is this the preferred hillbilly method of heating things up? Maybe just a michigan thing as rob didn't even get phased by this. :p

Sounds good though! You'll have to make me one some time!

Berserker
11-26-2002, 08:45 AM
Thats not hillbily. I would set them on the exhaust pipe. Then I could pullover the floor mats and grab it when its hot. I like Sweet Baby Rays hot-n-spicy on eggs sandwhichs. I was putting eggs in sandwhich maker and toasting english muffins.

IceRgrrl
11-26-2002, 10:16 AM
LOL@ Berserker...spoken like a true northerner ;)

What can I say? I prefer warm egg/melted cheese to cold egg/slimy cheese...though I will eat them cold if I have to. They are a really good post-workout meal AND I can eat them while driving, which is key...