PDA

View Full Version : Prolab's N-Large 2...



SNDMN
11-26-2002, 11:09 PM
First off, I would like to say hello to everyone here. This is my first posting...I just joined up today. This site looks great and extremely useful; I am looking forward to utilizing it and everyone's input in the upcoming months.

Ok. I am 24 yo, an ectomorph hard-gainer, and have been lifting religiously for a solid 5 1/2 years. Anyway, I'm starting a bulking diet and have some questions. One, I've never used flaxseed oil before but plan on doing so- two Tbsp a day. Any suggestions on this?

And secondly, to bulk up, I plan on taking a couple servings of Prolab's N-Large 2, in tandem with my whey supplement for extra calories. And as far as a post-workout drink, would the N-Large be enough to replenish my glycogen stores? It'll certainly deliver the carbs, just not sure about the quality. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BCC
11-26-2002, 11:10 PM
It's excellent for post workout. I know a lot of people on here enjoy it for post workout alone.

Vido
11-26-2002, 11:25 PM
I'm using it post-workout now. 3 scoops and a little bit of dextrose thrown in for good measure. Delicious!

Scooby-Doo
11-26-2002, 11:27 PM
N-large is good stuff, I take a serving right after I workout. High Quality, Great taste! :)

Saint Patrick
11-27-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
It's excellent for post workout. I know a lot of people on here enjoy it for post workout alone.


*Raises Hand*

I was taking it for about the last 6 weeks of my bulk. Definitely helped pack on a few lbs.

massa
11-27-2002, 03:41 PM
DO NOT take i post workout. its actually too much protein for pw.
massa

BCC
11-27-2002, 03:45 PM
Too much protein for post workout? Ok...

Frozenmoses
11-27-2002, 03:52 PM
Hahaha.

:bang:

NateDogg
11-27-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by massa
DO NOT take i post workout. its actually too much protein for pw.
massa

Please share with us your wisdom. Why do you say it's too much protein?

Scooby-Doo
11-27-2002, 04:16 PM
um yeah... whatever...

jjcool
11-27-2002, 04:20 PM
i must admit N=large is a great product ,
600 caliores per serving and 52 grams of protein per serving

however here in uk its quite expensive concidering a tub only lasts a week.

ive moved onto a diffrent product now,
1500 calories per serving and 100 grams of protein per srving
not as nice as the n-large but its a 5kg tub and has more calories and protein so im happy:D

bradley
11-27-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by jjcool
1500 calories per serving and 100 grams of protein per srving
not as nice as the n-large but its a 5kg tub and has more calories and protein so im happy:D

You take a full serving of that post-workout? Just curious because that is some serious cals, even post-workout.

I am also awaiting why N-large should not be taken post-workout. Hope this doesn't lead into the how much protien can be utilized in one sitting.:eek:

massa
11-27-2002, 05:38 PM
too much protein immediatley following workout will slow cellular rehydration and this would then impede glycogen replenishment, replinshment of vital fluids and would slow the protein metabolsim process.....however - 16 to 20 grams of protein immediatley following workouts taken with carbs (about a 3:1 ratio) has shown greater and faster cellular rehydration - more efficient glycogen restoration and tests have indicated a "kick start" to protein synthesis. One hour to one and a half hours after this initial ingestion of a small amount of protein and carbs - it is then recommended to eat a meal higher in protein (little to no carbs) for sustained protein metabolism and to provide adequate supply of "longer term" protein (amino acids) for continued protein metabolism.

this was a quote from Terry Giles at musclemag forums. the man knows his ****t. theres my backup to all you high and mighty ****s
massa

Shao-LiN
11-27-2002, 05:50 PM
Here's a hint, don't take a full serving. Woah. Yes, you're allowed to use less scoops. :nod:

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-27-2002, 05:54 PM
One serving of Nlarge is 32g more protein than what terry recommends.

32g extra isn't gonna make much difference, if any.

And there's always the option of using half servings if you buy into what terry says.

jjcool
11-27-2002, 06:31 PM
bradley

im having it post workout,

but i also have one shake first thing every day, when i wake up,

i know 1600 is alot of calories,
but i just cant eat more than 1-2 meals a day so im always arounf 1100 calories short of my daily amount,
so this is were the calories in the shake are needed for me,

its great if u have a stomach like a horse and can eat alot of food,
then i would agree, the shake wouldent be needed.
but for us small few that just can eat enought, weight gainer calories are a defenet yes.

bradley
11-28-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by jjcool
bradley

im having it post workout,

but i also have one shake first thing every day, when i wake up,

i know 1600 is alot of calories,
but i just cant eat more than 1-2 meals a day so im always arounf 1100 calories short of my daily amount,
so this is were the calories in the shake are needed for me,

its great if u have a stomach like a horse and can eat alot of food,
then i would agree, the shake wouldent be needed.
but for us small few that just can eat enought, weight gainer calories are a defenet yes.

Yeah I know the calories are hard for some people to pack in everyday but I was just wondering if you broke it up throughout the day or just slammed all 1600 cals at once.

jjcool
11-28-2002, 08:16 PM
well i have the shake first thing when i get up and post workout

so i guess you could say i slammed all 1600 cals at once :)