PDA

View Full Version : Will Creatine **** Up My Diet?

FrusWeighted
11-26-2002, 11:21 PM
You're supposed to take creatine with somekind of juice, right?
If I'm following a low to moderate carb diet, but I gotta take creatine with juice, doesn't that defeat the purpose?
Is creatine as effective if I take it without juice?
Will the extra sugar from the juice ruin my diet for that particular day?
Won't the extra sugar bring all fat burning to a screeching halt?
What are my options?

AJ_11
11-26-2002, 11:38 PM
Carbs don't make you fat. Excess cals. make you fat. If your body can't use it then it will store it. Plus When taking post workout your body uses a fair amount of simple carbs to refill glycogen levels. Taking creatine with water is okay but with a simple suger like dextrose you'll get an insulin spike after a workout which will be used as a transport device to your muscles. If you are scared about getting fat then don't eat more then 12 - 15 cals. x Bodyweight.

You don't "have" to do anything. Certain things help. Don't listen to the package. Count your cals not your carbs and you should be set. The rest of the day just eat Low slow digesting carbs such as rice, potatoes, veggies and avoid suger and don't worry to much about it.

FrusWeighted
11-27-2002, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the reply.

bradley
11-27-2002, 03:47 AM
You do not have to take creatine with simple carbs. Taking it with water is fine.

Saint Patrick
11-27-2002, 02:18 PM
8 oz of juice won't kill your diet.
That being said, if you're really worried about it, then do like bradley said and take it with water.