PDA

View Full Version : Working on it

Lizzie
11-27-2002, 10:18 AM
Well I've decided to take the plunge and just go for it. I'm gonna try this journal thing and see if it works better than the disasters I've had with "personal trainers". My first trainer was an ex pro football player that felt everyone should be able to handle his workout. There was no beginner....intermidiate or advanced. You simply did his routine. He used to like to yell alot and tell you, you weren't working hard enough. Well if you knew me then you would know I have a "bit" of a temper and as stubborn as hell.
I simply wouldn't give up or let go no matter what my muscles were screaming at me. So after 3 sessions and ripped muscles in both biceps I decided maybe this wasn't the trainer for me. My next trainer was a girl. Ok this was gonna work out.....so I thought. The girl was a former fitness competitor (so I was told).
This girl was also loaded with alot of personal problems and I spent most of my time being her personal counsellor during my sessions. Finally one day she just didn't show up to work and I heard she got a job as a telemarketer. Good luck on that one Krista! My final trainer at the beginning seemed normal. Although everything seemed to be 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps on everything.
It never changed. I finally clued in why this guy always seemed a little too happy at times. He liked to do weed before work. Now if you want to do weed thats your business but i'd like someone with some quick reflexes when he's spotting me. After that I gave up on trainers. Ok they showed me how to use the equipment and if I need a spotter someone is always nice enough to oblige.
I've gotten some good info on one bb chatline which I will not mention but also some fetish crap I am not into. Powerman suggested this site so here I am. Now I am making changes and so far I am very happy with the quality of wbb. So lets begin with the basics. I am 5ft 7 and 125 lbs. Ok its not alot of weight but I was 118 at comp level and I'm happy I am up to this weight. I would like to maybe get on another 10 lbs. This is the current routine from "weedman" and its just an average. Some days are better than others. The third set was always the heavy one. I am planning on cutting back on the reps and go heavier. I alternate upper with lower workouts and manage to get to the gym about 4 times a week on an average, sometimes more. I also teach and coach skating so I am on ice 2 nights a week with stroking and on ice training.
chest press 80 lbs
pec deck 60 lbs
tricep extension 80 lbs
lat pulldown 90 lbs
seated row 55 lbs
bicep curl 15lbs
shoulder press 40 lbs
shoulder lateral 27.5lbs

leg press 500lbs
leg extension 40 lbs (crappy right knee, surgery in sept.)
hamstring curl 40lbs
abductor 95 lbs
adductor 95 lbs
seated calf 300lbs

abcrunch 90lbs
torso rotation 70lbs
low back extension 180lbs

mix in some treadmill work at the end of workouts

So here it is and we'll see how it goes. Thanks to all of you for your support.:bow:

GeneticallyGifted
11-27-2002, 10:22 AM
She must have drank her cup of courage this morning and had her cherrios for champions because she has started a journal.

Well done Lizzie, well done.

I'll be watching you closely.....

G

Relentless
11-27-2002, 10:23 AM
congrats on starting a journal!

sounds like you have a pretty good grip on what you're doing and where you want to go with lifting, which is a huge advantage

... and that leg press/calf press weight is damned impressive. Must be all that figure skating muscle. I betcha you have better calves than Powerman, too. ;)

Cal

P.S. Canadian chicks kick ass (I know because a friend of mine has a t-shirt that says so). :)

bradley
11-27-2002, 05:30 PM
Good luck with the journal. Like Callahan said those are some impressive lifts. Keep up the hard work and you'll reach your goals.

Miss Rezza
11-27-2002, 06:47 PM
:clap: A new journal WOOHOO!!!!

LMAO at your PT experiences :p

I look forward to reading your journal Lizzie!

Pup
11-27-2002, 07:12 PM
:spam:

Franjipani
11-27-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Lizzie
chest press 80 lbs

That alone will keep me reading this journal.....:eek:.

You are on your way Lizzie...congratulations:thumbup:

PowerManDL
11-27-2002, 09:18 PM
About time you put it up babe....I told ya nobody would laugh at you. You've got very good lifts.

And don't worry everybody.....I'm planning on teaching her the almighty Deadlift next month when I'm up there, along with a few other things I know about lifting. :)

Lizzie
11-27-2002, 09:29 PM
:eek:

Lizzie
11-28-2002, 09:15 PM
I've recently developed this problem with my left elbow. I really notice it with lat pulldowns. A pain top of forearm at elbow area.
I tried adjusting the grip and it helped a bit but still hurts like hell
with the pulldown. Saw the doctor who thought it was probably a tendonitis. Now my doc is a good guy and a real sweetheart but he doesn't get this weightlifting workout thing for girls. I asked what could be done and he just said don't do it. My dilemma is this. Do I rest it?.....cut back on the weight and reps....put up with it?....any other suggestions?

PowerManDL
11-28-2002, 09:18 PM
At what point does it hurt? At the top of the movement, or when your arm is flexed?

What kind of grip do you use? Is it with your palms facing away from you or towards you? And how did you adjust it to help out?

Oh, and :hump:

;)

Lizzie
11-28-2002, 09:30 PM
Palms facing away .....flexed.....and I made the grip alittle closer.

PowerManDL
11-28-2002, 09:31 PM
Try doing them with your palms facing you and see what it does.

ElPietro
11-29-2002, 08:57 AM
Liz is this wide grip or close grip? I find a lot of the wide grip bars cause me a lot of discomfort as well. I normally don't like doing wide grip for this reason. Maybe if you move towards a medium grip, or just go right to close grip it may help.

Also, I wouldn't advise going to a GP doc for weight training problems. Their default answer is always to "just stop." If it continues to bother you I'd say you need to go to a physiotherapist. Some are free and covered by OHIP and others are only partly subsidized. I'm sure you know this as a skater who has been through injuries but whatever.

Oh and nice strength...

...for a figure skater. ;)

IceRgrrl
11-29-2002, 12:16 PM
Yay! You started a journal :) Sounds like you've had quite the adventures with so-called "personal trainers." Ask around your skating community...I'm sure that someone's name will come up as a good resource for sport-specific training. That's how I found my strength coach and it was one of the best things I ever did!

And let me add my voice to the "nice lifts" category...nice to see a fellow skater chick even if it IS figure ;)

Good luck!

Lizzie
11-29-2002, 01:56 PM
Yes its wide grip pietro. And I tried the physio last year for my right knee thru total physio....paid for it on my own. The response was oh we don't have much experience with sports injuries. There is a sports clinic out of burlington I believe but the wait list is phenominal.

Lizzie
11-29-2002, 01:59 PM
I didn't think the club was offering enough on the strength icegrrl thats why I looked into a personal trainer. I got personal trained all right.

Lizzie
11-29-2002, 02:03 PM
And to all you hockey players out there........:fart:
And I mean that in the most respectful way......hehehe

Lizzie
11-29-2002, 04:28 PM
Ok closer grip is better.......palms up. But I have to keep thinking back...back.... I'm tending to get more bicep work done....maybe it takes practice?

bradley
11-29-2002, 05:07 PM
I like using a close grip with a palms facing each other. I can feel it in my lats the best when performing the exercise this way.

ryan1117
11-29-2002, 06:55 PM
I've recently developed this problem with my left elbow. I really notice it with lat pulldowns. A pain top of forearm at elbow area.
I tried adjusting the grip and it helped a bit but still hurts like hell
with the pulldown. Saw the doctor who thought it was probably a tendonitis. Now my doc is a good guy and a real sweetheart but he doesn't get this weightlifting workout thing for girls. I asked what could be done and he just said don't do it. My dilemma is this. Do I rest it?.....cut back on the weight and reps....put up with it?....any other suggestions?

I had that same problem this summer. I cut them down to 1 set until my tendons healed.

Lizzie
11-29-2002, 08:19 PM
Well I originally posted this under general topics but was told it really is journal material so I'll put it in here too. I was at the gym today doing my workout. Life seemed good. Now for those who know me it takes alot to get me really mad. I'm pretty easy going and you have to get all the buttons pushed before I react.... then look out. I go over to the seated chest press and theres a guy just sitting there talking to his friend who is benching. I walk up smiling and say...are you finished? He looks me up and down and says no. I say .....how many sets left (still smiling) and he says two. I say ....Ok I'll be back in a bit when you're done. I come back in a bit and the guy is still sitting there on the same machine talking to the same guy benching. I walk up smiling and say...all done now? He looks me up and down and says no. I say ok then how many sets left. He says two. Ok now the buttons are getting pushed pretty fast. I say ....can I work in with you?. He looks over to his friend on the bench......smiles at me and says no.
No!!!!.....what the f$%#!!!!! Now the buttons are all pushed. I said ....get off. He looks up and says pardon me? I say ......GET OFF. He stands up and takes a step towards me and I take a step towards him. Now he's looking down while I'm looking up. I said you have wasted my time and anyone elses time that wanted this machine......so GET OFF. To make a long story short....we exchanged verbal abuse. Things I can't print on this site but he did make reference to my being a female dog and I told him he was a son of a female dog....as well as an illegitamite(spelt that wrong) son of a dog. After we had thoroughly expressed our vocabulary of animal images......he left and I got my machine. Do you think I should go into negotiating?
:bash:

Pup
11-29-2002, 08:25 PM
prime candidate for flaming crowbar treatment...i recommend the high density titanium for maximum force.

Miss Rezza
11-29-2002, 08:37 PM
Way to go Lizzie!!! :thumbup:

You are my hero :nod:

*Rez makes mental note*: next time some jackass is sitting, doing sweet nothing on the equipment i need, i'll just tell him to GET OFF and call him the "illegitimate child of a female dog"!!! ......... i luv it!!!

PowerManDL
11-29-2002, 08:42 PM
LOL.....you scare me sometimes babe.

That's how I'm going to treat the next curl jockey hogging my power rack when I need to squat.

Instead of running away crying like I usually do.

BECOMING
11-29-2002, 09:41 PM
jerk:mad:
just wait, population thinning day is almost here

Reinier
11-30-2002, 03:18 AM
haha. well you were right.

bradley
11-30-2002, 06:02 AM
Should have informed him that the curl jockeys hang out in the squat rack and not on the chest press machine.

the doc
11-30-2002, 10:40 AM
lmao@bradley

howdy liz
:spam:

Lizzie
12-01-2002, 11:16 AM
God this day sucks. I have a stupid cold....tried to workout and totally sucked on everything. I'm not sleeping at night and fighting with the bf. Can anything else go wrong today?

Lizzie
12-01-2002, 08:02 PM
Well at least I'm not fighting with the bf anymore......the days improving after all.:clap:

GonePostal
12-02-2002, 01:27 AM
Yes its wide grip pietro. And I tried the physio last year for my right knee thru total physio....paid for it on my own. The response was oh we don't have much experience with sports injuries. There is a sports clinic out of burlington I believe but the wait list is phenominal.

Burlington... where do you live lizzie?? I live in Mississauga (@Toronto right now tho) Didn't know you and powerman were so close =)

PowerManDL
12-02-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by GonePostal
Didn't know you and powerman were so close =)

Well seeing as I introduced her as my girlfriend, she's made comments about seeing my butt and me seeing hers, and its been said numerous times that we were together, I don't see how you couldn't have known. ;)

Lizzie
12-02-2002, 09:06 PM
I think this is the part about flipping out. :ninja:
At least it wasn't a flaming crowbar:)

Lizzie
12-04-2002, 06:00 PM
Ok finally feeling better after the "bug". Turns out its a chest infection so taking my puffers regularly and on biaxin. Finally sleeping throughout the night. Unfortunately have lost 7 freaken pounds. Drinking ensure and boost, trying to eat but the appetite hasn't really come back. So went to the gym and trying lower reps with higher weights. Managed a 540 on the leg press for 4..... the 4th was a real struggle and I think i was actually making sounds ( god knows what kind...hopefully no one mistook it for something else) got up and my legs gave out and sat on the floor laughing, I couldn't get up for a few minutes my legs were shaking so bad. I contemplated crawling to one side but thought nah I'll just sit here. This is actually my first day trying the higher weight and lower reps suggestion. Needless to say my legs are asking me if this was a good idea. A guy came over to use the leg press and asked if I was done. Told him yup just thought I'd collapse here for awhile. Managed to get up and stumble over for the rest of the workout...needless to say I went light. God have you ever noticed how steep stairs are when your trying to walk down to the locker room? You're trying to pick up your leg to step down when you really feel like just hopping from step to step....shuffle to the edge..hop....shuffle to the edge ...hop. The legs are alot better at the moment...hope i don't feel it tomorrow at work. God work!!!!!!!!! its so unfair!!!!!!!! They don't have an elevator....its a freaken flight of stairs!!! Arghhhhh!:eek:

PowerManDL
12-04-2002, 06:03 PM
LOL.....welcome to our world.

Next time won't be so bad I promise.

(and I'll take extra good care of you tonight ;))

Miss Rezza
12-04-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL

(and I'll take extra good care of you tonight ;))

Hold up a minute!!!!

TMI thankyou very much!! tuttut

IceRgrrl
12-05-2002, 10:17 AM
God have you ever noticed how steep stairs are when your trying to walk down to the locker room? You're trying to pick up your leg to step down when you really feel like just hopping from step to step....shuffle to the edge..hop....shuffle to the edge ...hop. The legs are alot better at the moment...hope i don't feel it tomorrow at work. God work!!!!!!!!! its so unfair!!!!!!!! They don't have an elevator....its a freaken flight of stairs!!! Arghhhhh!:eek:

LOL! It's a trip, isn't it? Nice workout...I bet you're going to like the high weight/low reps thing once you get used to it. Keep kicking butt, girl! :)

(and kick PowerMan's too while you're at it...just because :p)

ElPietro
12-05-2002, 12:46 PM
You will soon learn that you just don't bother trying to get up after a set on leg press for at least a minute or two. One thing you might try, that works for me, is always have a permanent mean look, or scowl on your face at all times when you are in the gym. I find that if I ever ask someone how many sets they have left, the answer is always 1, and it is then performed right away, so that I don't have to wait long. Nobody has every asked if they can work in with me ever either. So remember, never smile, don't make eye contact with people, otherwise they may think you have something to say to them, and above all, angry facial expressions only. Hmmm...maybe I just smell bad...nah, it can't be.

Ps. You'll have to try extra hard, since you are a figure skater, and when has a figure skater ever intimidated anyone.

Pss. I take that back. Tonya Harding is pretty butchy, and she's starting a pro boxing career now. :p

bradley
12-05-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by ElPietro
Pss. I take that back. Tonya Harding is pretty butchy, and she's starting a pro boxing career now. :p

Good point.

Nice workout. Let's are always tough but also give a sense of accomplishment when you get done.

PowerManDL
12-05-2002, 03:17 PM
LOL @ Pete

Man she's gonna rip you open when she reads that :ninja:

Lizzie
12-05-2002, 09:05 PM
Tonja Harding?.....what a disgrace to the sport. Intimidating?..... I can skate faster than you....I can maneuver better than you....I'm more flexible than you and yes I can even hip check. All this without the aid of pads or guards. And crap this is not an inflammatory remark to anyone watching out there.:mad:

ElPietro
12-06-2002, 07:38 AM
I can skate faster than you.... Prove it. :)
I can maneuver better than you.... Prove it. :)
I'm more flexible than you... Girls in general are more flexible, so I'll give ya this one. :)
and yes I can even hip check. Prove it. :)
All this without the aid of pads or guards. And crap this is not an inflammatory remark to anyone watching out there.:mad:

There's a reason pads are required in hockey, where as in *ahem* figure skating they are not. ;) C'mon, all the hockey players on the board get in here and team up!

There should be a no toe pick policy on WBB. Clough, make it so! :D

Next time ya get worked up just take it out on Majt! :p

IceRgrrl
12-06-2002, 08:49 AM

There's a reason pads are required in hockey, where as in *ahem* figure skating they are not. ;) C'mon, all the hockey players on the board get in here and team up!

There should be a no toe pick policy on WBB. Clough, make it so! :D

LOL! Yeah, I wouldn't try to play check hockey without pads, that's for sure. Even with pads, when some 200+ lbs. guy flattens me in a corner, it hurts!

As those toe picks DO dig up the ice something fierce! ;)

Lizzie
12-06-2002, 03:23 PM
Hmmmm well I skate with my blade and only use the pick for jumps and landing. I don't skate with my toes. I believe hockey players push from side to side while figureskaters turn from the hip and push back. Slightly different technique. And yea bring it on
Mr. El Pietro. Come step on my ice.:bash: LOL!

ElPietro
12-06-2002, 08:34 PM
And yea bring it on
Mr. El Pietro. Come step on my ice.:bash: LOL!

Now would this entail some form of body contact? :D :angel:

*waits for Majt to read this* :evillaugh

Ps. I know everything I need to know about figure skating. I've watched the movie "Cutting Edge" a few times. If you haven't seen it, it's about a hockey player who gets injured too badly to play anymore, so he enters the frou frou realm of figure skating, and of course *blah* *blah* falls in love with partner *blah* *blah* gets pissed at toe pick *blah* *blah* they compete and win doing some dangerous move. I guess they needed to have a dramatic finish. If you haven't seen it you should, it's prolly the only movie ever made on figure skating.

Lizzie
12-06-2002, 10:44 PM
Well if you feel the need to put on pads before you get on the ice then I guess thats fine. :D

ElPietro
12-07-2002, 12:09 PM
It wasn't that kinda body contact I was referring to. :p

bradley
12-07-2002, 02:49 PM
uh-oh:ninja:

*hears crowbar jingle in the background*

PowerManDL
12-07-2002, 03:44 PM
*flips out like Jackie Chan on speed*

*takes out Pete's knees and crotch with the ULTRATURBONINJACHOP!!!! crowbar attack*

*wails on guitar like Randy Rhoades*

the doc
12-07-2002, 04:35 PM
lol!

ElPietro
12-07-2002, 08:33 PM
*gets twinkie out of pocket*

*eats twinkie*

*instantly recovers from all injury*

*laughs at NinjamandDL's futile attempts* :evillaugh

PowerManDL
12-08-2002, 11:30 AM
*powers up to Super-Ninja Level 3*

*grows extra set of arms*

*steals Pete's twinkies*

*is totally sweet*

Lizzie
12-08-2002, 12:10 PM
Gets out flaming skateguard.....bops el pietro and powerman dl over the head and says "play nice".:bash:

Lizzie
12-08-2002, 08:02 PM
Ok this might seem a dumb question but I'm trying to do the lower rep and higher weight. Because I was always doing the set of 12 to 15 prior with weedman do I start with his weight and reps to begin with then set to higher weight ....lower rep?.... And whats a good gauge for uping the weights and lowering rep? I hope I'm explaining this properly. I mean like uping by 5 to 10lbs at a time and lowering reps by 4 or 5 or ????? And the elbow felt good so I went back to wide grip on lat pulldown. I think I have a boo boo :cry:

PowerManDL
12-08-2002, 08:09 PM
What I normally do is do a few warm-up sets, having in mind where I want to work at for the day....and I normally try to bump up the working sets by at least 5 lbs each week.

How'd you get a boo boo?

PowerManDL
12-08-2002, 08:58 PM
Ok, here's the example I promised, based on your numbers:

chest press 80 lbs
pec deck 60 lbs
tricep extension 80 lbs

Chest Press: 70x6, 85x4, 95x6, 85x8
Pec Deck: 60x4, 70x6 (2)
Tricep Extension: 85x4, 95x6, 85x8

lat pulldown 90 lbs
seated row 55 lbs
bicep curl 15lbs

Lat Pulldown: 80x6, 90x4, 100x6, 95x8
Seated Row: 55x4, 65x6 (2)
Curl: 15x5, 25x5, 20x8

shoulder press 40 lbs
shoulder lateral 27.5lbs

Shoulder Press: 40x5, 50x5
Laterals: 30x6 (2)

leg press 500lbs
leg extension 40 lbs (crappy right knee, surgery in sept.)
hamstring curl 40lbs
abductor 95 lbs
adductor 95 lbs
seated calf 300lbs

Here I'm at a loss.....you know a lot better than I do about how to work around your knee, and you've already been experimenting with heavier work, so I wouldn't change too much about that till I can work with you in person.

abcrunch 90lbs
torso rotation 70lbs
low back extension 180lbs

I wouldn't change too much on the core work, either-- just toss in a set or two heavier, something you can handle for 6-8 reps.

Those reps aren't set in stone either; if you can do more, either weight or reps, don't hesitate to try it.

On the 2nd day, just stick to what you were doing with higher reps.

Lizzie
12-12-2002, 08:38 PM
Oh my freaking God!!!!!!!!Someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery!!!!! Got off work early for skating carnival. I thought hey I got time I'll go try this new workout. OMG!!!!!!!
My arms are now mush. OK adjustments had to be made cause my body was starting to talk to my brain saying "you're kidding right?" I feel like such a complete loser. But I'll get up to the weight. Tell me is it normal my knuckles are dragging on the ground? Why is it when you hurt ....kids want to hug the hell out of you? My brain was going........don't squeeze so hard. I never knew a 4 yr old could have a death grip. Ok heres the results of this afternoons fiasco.
seated chest press......70x6, 85x4,90x2,80x6
I tried the 95 but I had no control with it coming back and thought it was gonna rocket back at me.
pec deck....60x4,65x6,60x6
tricep extension....85x4,95x6,85x6
latpulldown......80x6,90x4,100x2,95x2
seated row.....55x4,65x4,55x4
curl....15x5,15x6 (2)......I know...sucks
shoulder press....40x5(2)
shoulder lateral....30x6
at this point I thought I was gonna puke so stopped.

So how was your day?

PowerManDL
12-12-2002, 08:44 PM
Drop the weights down a bit next time. From the looks of it I estimated a tad too heavy.

Lizzie
02-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Ok its been awhile and I'm gonna try and be a little better at keeping this up. A few things have been going on in my life but getting sorted out so lets get on with this. Recently changed gyms, the year contract was up and I have a freebee pass of 30 days at this new one so I'll see how it goes. They say they have the largest free weights in the city and for $19.00 bucks a month it might be ok. Some of the machines I find a little awkward to adjust and actually had one of the "floor walkers" try and move one of the seats and he broke it off. We both kind of stared at it like it was miraculously gonna go back together. Ended up he gently put it on the floor and we both booted to the other side of the gym and we're gonna pretend we dont know anything about it. Usual nutbars just like in the old gym. I was doing seated chest press and in front of me there is like an / (incline or declined ?) bench for situps. A tiny little skinny guy got on and started doing situps.
The whole while he was sitting up he was making these little he he he sounds, then at the end of his set he would flop over forward and remain motionless. I mean absolutley motionless, I thought he had gone unconscious. Then all of a sudden he would sit up and repeat the whole process of he he he sounds, going as fast as he could. Kind of fascinating and scarey to watch. I was going over cpr in my head just in case. Down in the freeweight area when I was doing bicep curls a guy next to me was growling for a few minutes before dong his set. Now this could have been to psych himself up or maybe he was just nuts, I dont know. If he was gonna start barking then i was moving. Now if dmx growls or barks thats a different story but this growling was doing nothing for me. I talked two of my girlfriends into trying dance cardio last night. Solid hour of high intensity cardio to dance music. Picture the 3 stooges on crack and that was us. Now i've taken dance before and I think im in pretty good shape but i didnt take into consideration curly and larry with me.
I needed collison insurance. The girl taking the class was going pretty fast and yelling instructions. I dont think it was really fair for beginners. She should have gone over basic steps a few times and started slow. We started with about 15 people but by the end of the class there might have been about 9. Good cardio workout though but I'm gonna have to drag them next week. I was the only one with a water bottle so I probably have hoof and mouth now. Kind of figured it was a bad sign when the instructor puts on a bandanna to soak up sweat at the beginning of class. My duh gfs thought it was some sort of fashion statement. Laughed over it at tim hortens after. Anyway I will attempt to keep this up to date and wish me luck!

ElPietro
02-12-2003, 10:28 AM
You should try to hit the enter key more often in posts this size.

Lizzie
02-12-2003, 10:31 AM
Mr pietro?........:bash:

Lizzie
02-15-2003, 09:26 PM
A little too much weight on the leg press....should have kept the knee support on instead of leaving it in the gym bag. Left knee is a little swollen outer area left. Right knee crunching a little. Ice packs and wrapping, will elevate and see how it is by tomorrow.
Feels tight, but probably due to the swelling.

Lizzie
02-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Limped off to the gym to try and do upper body. Not doing bad...trying to increase weight and decrease reps. Still getting used to the new gym and setups. Some real stuckups behind the counter. Watched a couple of guys nearly come to blows over god knows what. Alot of strange charachters. Mr hehehe was there as well as Mr Grrrrr. I made a new little friend at the gym...Mr Fuzzy. Kind of like a blonde dredlock guy, ripped gym clothes and looked like he hadnt had a shower in a month. Very freaky looking. Worked in with him on the tricep extensions and just seemed to keep bumping in to him around the gym. Funny how you can assume people are a certain way by the look of them. Really nice guy.:)

kimpy225
02-16-2003, 09:26 PM
You should try to hit the enter key more often in posts this size.

hey ya big meanie!
if she did what i did, her thread would take 10 minutes to load!

oh hi lizzie :)

Lizzie
02-16-2003, 09:47 PM
hey kimperoo!!!!!!!!!:D

Saint Patrick
02-16-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
ULTRATURBONINJACHOP!!!!

MEGASUPERLASERBLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

outnumber

Put that in yer pipe and smoke it, ninja-boy!

kAiXuan
02-18-2003, 01:25 AM
do you support the legalization and decriminalization of marijuana?

Lizzie
02-21-2003, 08:39 PM
Did I miss something? Ok you want my opinion? What you do to your body is your business......when it affects me its my business.
I did have a trainer who would come do workouts high, I have referred to him as weedman. No I dont want some guy spotting me high on weed cause I feel his reaction time is slowed down so I dont need to hear "oops" after I have been crushed.:eek:

Lizzie
02-21-2003, 08:41 PM
Monday February 17/03....bad snow storm...no classes and no gym. Spent part of the evening using a chair for crunches. Felt kind of yucky anyway so early night in bed.

Lizzie
02-21-2003, 08:45 PM
Tuesday Feb.18/03.....ok better night. Went to dancersize class with curly and larry. Only could do about 15 minutes and left knee started bugging me. Did some stretching and upper body work.
Stared down a guy at the pec dec who seemed to be getting off watching girls stretch. eeeeeeeeewwwwww!!!!!

Lizzie
02-21-2003, 08:53 PM
Wed. Feb.19/03.....Tried pilates tonight. About 45 minutes worth. I've never done them before but seems to use alot of stretching and balance. Next day I had muscles sore I never knew i had. Was alot of fun though and I think i'm gonna keep up this class. Most fun was watching people kindof fall over while holding their pose. Did a little light leg work afterwards. Shared a leg extension machine with a he/she....interesting girl. I tried to get the leg curl and asked a guy to work in after he told me he had 5 sets left (he had already done 1). It was on the tip of my tongue to say go heavier with less reps but he seemed happy so why mess with that.

Lizzie
02-23-2003, 09:58 AM
Thursday Feb.20/03...skating
Saturday Feb 22/03....upper body work. I'm finding since changing the gym that on some of the weights I dont seem to be going as heavy as before. But i've talked to some people and the problem could be with some of the machine designs being older and thats why it seems heavier. Though it can kind of be disheartening. Why do people insist on going behind me when i'm doing low back extensions???? God I feel like im gonna smack right into them. They can see me doing them and thats when they decide they want to get past. I actually lost it and said to one guy he could take another route to wherever rather than disturbing my set all the time running back and forth. He mumbled sorry and went right past me again.......god I wanted to smack him with a dumbell. Maybe I have hormone rage...feel kindof like if i hit something i'd feel better. Oh and I think tripleH has a twin at my gym except he has dark hair. I swear he looked exactly like him right down to the body type. Certainly made my day on the seated fly when he dropped down almost in front of me and started doing pushups while he was waiting for the chest press.:drooling:

SWOLE
02-23-2003, 01:44 PM
That is cool that you like triple H, he is heeyooooooooge!!

Lizzie
02-23-2003, 06:11 PM
I like watching the wwe and try to get to the matches when its hits town.

SWOLE
02-23-2003, 06:11 PM
I like watching the wwe and try to get to the matches when its hits town.
that is sooo hot:drooling:

Lizzie
02-23-2003, 06:54 PM
name your fav wrestler.....past or present.

SWOLE
02-23-2003, 07:07 PM
When i was younger, I really liked brutus the barber beefcake and Shawn Michaels, especially when he was in DX. but over all, I would have to say The Rock. His charisma and wit are unmatched and hilarious. He is one of the best trash talkers out there and very original. Plus, he is the size i would like to be at from weight training, we have similair body frames.
and who is yours??

Lizzie
02-23-2003, 07:36 PM
Triple H......I liked the undertaker when he had his mysterious side and not the bad ass thing goin on. Definitly batista, i kind of find the tattoos kind of kewl and the body shape is good in overall symmetry for me anyway. Shawn Michaels when he was younger..he looks kind of worn out right now.

AnyJoe
02-23-2003, 08:27 PM
I am not a fan of the WWE. It's undoubtably a tough lifestyle and I suppose these individuals provide entertainment. However, it's the glorification of these drug built behemoths that worries me. What is the message to our youth? Take drugs (roids), get huge, and make millions and be famous. Why don't we make it easier on our kids and just hand out needles and vials of test at recess?

Lizzie
02-23-2003, 08:31 PM
well i think its up to the individual.....we can only provide info and in the end people must decide on their own whether its something for them or not.

AnyJoe
02-23-2003, 08:39 PM
Perhaps the information we should be providing and not sweeping under the rug is the fact that so and so used this and that chemical to build that adonis-like physique. It can be quite a blow to a child who has always believed "prayers and vitamins" are enough to suddenly realize he or she needs a wealth of pharmaceuticals to look like his or her idol.

Lizzie
02-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Perhaps as a child that is believed....unfortunately we dont keep our child like innnocence....and hulk hogans prayers and vitamins was only his trademark for a short while till he turned to the "dark side".

Saint Patrick
02-24-2003, 03:45 PM
You mean I can't look like Brock Lesnar with prayers and vitamins? :(

Lizzie
02-24-2003, 06:00 PM
Even brock lesnar cant look like brock lesnar without his special vitamins ;)

Lizzie
02-26-2003, 08:55 AM
Feb.25/03....dancercize class with curly and larry for an hour...then lower body workout after....hold on i have to find my paper.

carolinagirl
02-26-2003, 09:21 AM
Yeah, Undertaker looks kind of silly now that he's all biker. (But he does look like he's leaned out some - looking pretty good, physically.)

This will expose my inner redneck, but I've always had a HUGE crush on Stone Cold. *sigh* There's just something about a big bald-headed beer-swilling foul-mouthed lug that gets me every time.

And...and...you mean to say that all those guys aren't natural?!? Sheesh, the next thing you're going to try to tell me is that the matches are rigged!! :D

Lizzie
02-26-2003, 09:28 AM
Ok i still dont get why the difference in the gyms but i'll just start from scratch here and work up. I'm just putting down what i got up to. Whole body was kind of tired after the dance class.
Adduction 80x15
Abduction 80x15
Knee flexion 60x15
Knee Extension 75x15
Calf raise (god this was p*ss poor) 200x12, this was a little different cause i was doing the standing calf raise instead of the seated.
Leg press 250x12......i couldnt get the freaken machine i wanted so had to use this one with pads that were digging into my shoulders...i felt like they were gonna snap off.
Low back extension 145x12
Abdominals 70x15
Yea yea i know....higher weight and lower rep. I have to deprogram myself on the 12 to 15 thing for 3 sets
Some extra situps added at the end with stretching.
Triple H's twin was there with his gf. Why do muscle guys have teeny tiny gfs? Wind would have knocked her over. Kindof had to laugh when she was spotting him. I know i'm mean. I didnt laugh out loud but i was on the inside and curly and larry weren't helping.

ElPietro
02-26-2003, 09:29 AM
What about Coco Beware, and Junkyard Dog? Or the great tag team combo of the Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volshkov. How he'd sing the Russian anthem before every match was hilarious. :D

Nobody could escape the camel clutch! :p

The best was the WWF cartoon they had for a few years, with Hulk and his posse always figthing with Rowdy Roddy Piper and his own group!

Lizzie
02-26-2003, 09:34 AM
You know who i'm lookin forward to seein is this guy from tasmania.....nathan lane? Love the buildup.

carolinagirl
02-26-2003, 07:10 PM
I liked Jake the Snake and Terry Funk, too. Have you guys seen that documentary called "Beyond the Mat"? It's REALLY good. It's got those two and Mankind - very interesting stuff.

Sorry to take up your whole journal with rasslin' talk Lizzie!

SWOLE
02-26-2003, 07:18 PM
El Pietro: Its the CAMEL CLUTCH!!! by the Iron Shiek, he was the man in the old days
i used to like Paul Orndorff too, him and hogan used to go at it big time. ahhh, to be a child again.... oh wait, i still am

ElPietro
02-26-2003, 08:06 PM
*smacks forehead*

Lizzie
02-26-2003, 08:15 PM
rowdy roddy piper was the best for the old days.......I think my mom still has a tee shirt with him on it somewhere. I come from a wrestling family.....i was raised on this stuff.

PowerManDL
02-26-2003, 08:20 PM
This is why she gets along so well with me.

Now if I could just teach her to shoot.

Lizzie
02-26-2003, 08:30 PM
You mean with a gun?????:eek:

PowerManDL
02-26-2003, 08:32 PM
Well there's other thin......

No, no.....I'll be good.

Lizzie
02-26-2003, 08:35 PM
Ok tell me.

SWOLE
02-26-2003, 09:34 PM
hahaha... i know what he was going to say...

Lizzie
02-27-2003, 08:21 PM
somebody tell me?:confused:

Lizzie
03-04-2003, 10:25 PM
Note to self......never go to the mandarin before you go to dancersize class. I stuffed my face with peel n eat shrimp then only had one almond cookie. I thought i was gonna die. Talk about moaning and groaning all during the class. At one point i thought one of my friends was gonna puke for sure. Well we skipped tim hortens and rolled on home. Couldn't have been all the shrimp....must have been that one almond cookie. God!!!!!! never again!!!!!!:(

BennettBoy
03-05-2003, 06:19 AM
OMG....I check in this journal only to find Lizzie and carolinagirl talking about WRESTLING? *faints*

Well, I guess the redneck comes out in all of us. Lizzie....who would have thunk it looking at your beautiful pic. You just don't strike me as the type. :confused:

*runs off to secretly watch The Rock kick Stone Cold's A$$*

:D

Lizzie
03-05-2003, 08:32 AM
Yup bennett ....wrasslin!!! Raised on this stuff and yes I have camped out all night to get front row tickets. I actually have a stone cold steve austin action figure( in the package) that steve austin autographed. I personally dont like him anymore after all the sh*t he got into with debra so the Rock can kick his a$$. And just what kind of type do I strike you as? You might be surprised!:eek: :D

Lizzie
03-06-2003, 06:39 PM
An hour of cardio yesterday. Found a pretty good spot with a good overview of the entire gym area. You know those big gym balls? ( no smart remarks), watched a really big guy try and use one for crunches and watched him roll right off of it...soooo funny. My sick sense of humour i guess. Couldnt stop laughing. Then tried to figure out the hair statement some dude was making. His hair was short on the sides but long on top and he had it geled sticking up in the front.....i dont get it:confused: No one else seemed to either...he was getting some strange looks. Skated tonight and i'll try and do upper body tomorrow at the gym after work. Feeling kind of down today...can't seem to lift myself out of it. My only highlight was roll up the rim win of a cookie. All the canucks will understand.;)

Wolverine
03-06-2003, 08:45 PM
ok ok ok saw the wrestling thing and just had to say it's all about The Game...............

Relentless
03-07-2003, 08:55 AM
My only highlight was roll up the rim win of a cookie. All the canucks will understand.;)

Ya gotta roll your "R"s, lassie.

R-r-r-r-r-r-oll up the R-r-im!!!

:D

Cal

P.S. Cookies are bad for you. They go straight to your ass. tuttut

ElPietro
03-07-2003, 09:10 AM
All food goes straight to your ass. Luckily we were built with holes there.

Lizzie
03-07-2003, 01:46 PM
:omg:

Lizzie
03-15-2003, 01:48 PM
Had a physical assessment done at the gym today. They've been bugging me since i joined so gave in and had it done this afternoon. At 5ft 7 and 125 lbs it seems i have 104 lbs of muscle and a 25% body fat. Seemed weird but oh well if it makes them happy to write that down on a little piece of paper for files then so be it. My water percentage is average...excellent flexibility( duh yea). Pushed the personal trainer thing and i said ummmm no. He said i needed a routine so i presented my routine from matt and the response was.....oh. Then got offered a free first trainer session and he said he would quit the gym if i wasnt happy with the results. Again the response is ummm no. Brought out my journal of results with weights, routines..machines...dates..improvements..measurements etc. God i felt like such a pro! (I think he was kind of impressed) Still was pushing the personal trainer thing and gave me his card so i took it and stuffed it in the bottom of my gym bag and there it will stay along with the other assorted debree(? i know i spelt that wrong sorry)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-15-2003, 02:01 PM
How did they do the test?

The math is wrong.

25% of 125 is ~31lbs Therefore, your LBM would be closer to 94lbs.

Lizzie
03-15-2003, 02:39 PM
he put a suction cup thingee on my arm attached to a box....then he got out his pencil and paper and was scribbling numbers around then said ok heres the numbers we're working with.
And F.A has informed me i have 31.25 lbs of fat....thanks. I'm gonna go eat celery now.;)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-16-2003, 08:58 AM
Tell him his mathematical skills need a good buffing.

Praetorian
03-16-2003, 10:21 AM
Then tried to figure out the hair statement some dude was making. His hair was short on the sides but long on top and he had it geled sticking up in the front.....i dont get it:confused:

its kinda "in" here right now. And since the little follower i am, ill probably get a haircut like that soon.

Lizzie
03-16-2003, 01:23 PM
noooooo it was sticking up and kind of swooped over....like a giant standing up curl.......dont get a cut like that!!! or i'll drop something on myself laughing my a$$ off.:D

Lizzie
03-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Ok i am gonna do better starting tomorrow at the gym. I've kind of slacked off this week. Thanks to rob i have discovered a new drink which i have named "the rob". Cream soda and vodka...not sure if it has an official name but it will be known from now on as
'the rob".
And i still cant get over the freaken bf%!!!! It must be all in my butt.:(

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-16-2003, 01:43 PM
25% bf for a woman is perfectly fine.

In fact, anything below 20 and you'll start to look like a stick, and that's rarely attractive.

I'm lmao at "the rob" too. Ace.

P.s. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrravishing.