PDA

View Full Version : Flax cereal

mesmall
07-05-2001, 07:28 PM
In the morning I`m a milk and cereal type of guy.
Just wondering if anyone has tasted Flax Plus multibran cereal by Lifestream?

the doc
07-05-2001, 07:52 PM
no but ive had a couple of other lifestream cereals and they were all good. Nice big dumps too :D

Jane
07-05-2001, 08:32 PM
I loooove cereal! What is this "lifestream"??? I have never heard of it! :eek: This cannot be! I thought I knew the nutriotional info on every cereal in existence, finally finding a perfect match in Kashi GoLean cereal! And how did these "lifestream" people get flax in their cereal? I can't even find flax on its own!

(By the way, do you know the calories, carbs, protein, fat in the cereal? and also where I can get it here in PA?)

mesmall
07-05-2001, 08:44 PM
Wow...never seen anyone get excited over cereal...lol
Check this out.....all the info you need. :)
http://www.naturespath.com/

flake
07-05-2001, 09:36 PM
whilst we're on the subject, how bad is that highly processed, sugar and chemical loaded type of cereal for you? I mean all the others just suck :)

IceRgrrl
07-06-2001, 03:25 PM
I'll have to look for that cereal...

Jane, you might try the bulk foods section of a big supermarket if you're looking for flax seed or even a health food store. My best friend is a vegan vegetarian and she gets the flax seed for me at her co-op.

Jane
07-06-2001, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the info, guys. :) And yes, it is true, and I admit it: I am addicted to cereal. :)

And tommorow, I am making my first trip to a health food store.

I wish there was some cereal that was mostly protein. How perfect would that be?

IceRgrrl
07-06-2001, 03:36 PM
Plain old oatmeal is as close as you're gonna get...

But here's my all time favorite oatmeal recipe: add a tablespoon of peanut butter to hot oatmeal and stir it up...yum! Tastes like a peanut butter cookie and adds protein :) This is what I order at the diner when I go out for breakfast w/friends on Sunday mornings...

Jane
07-06-2001, 04:05 PM
But I thought oatmeal was all carbs? :confused:

Do u make it with milk or water?

IceRgrrl
07-07-2001, 08:37 AM
Yes, oatmeal is mainly carbs BUT it has more protein than a lot of cereals and it is low on the glycemic index as well as chock full of fiber. It is also relatively unprocessed (esp if you buy plain old rolled oats) and not full of the sugar and other junk that boxed breakfast cereals usually have.

I make mine w/water. If you mix the oats and water together and then heat it, the oatmeal will be more creamy in texture. If you heat the water and THEN add the oats, your oatmeal will be more "chunky" in texture (this is the way I like it).

You can also add maple syrup, a small handful of raisins, or some apple chunks and a dash of cinnamon to oatmeal to jazz it up.