PDA

View Full Version : Creation Of A Monster: 2

Pages : [1] 2

Hercule
12-01-2002, 03:55 PM
Hey guys,
A couple of months ago, I started a journal, but quickly started falling behind in updating it. So, I just said screw this and forgot about it. I took all of this last week off, because my whole body was hurting bad from busting my butt for the past 3 months. I ate a ton of food, and slept alot, and am feeling better than ever. Tommorow, I will start working out again. I have about 5-7 weeks before my first meet.
I am trying to take creatine, but I am still trying to convince ol' ma an pa that it ain't gonna kill me. I am currently supplementing with Zinc, a Once Source Multi, and Glycerlean, and lots of tuna :D.
Once again here are my goals to reach by 8/1/03. Some of them were increased due to underestimating my real strength, and some new exercises that made my lifts go WAY up.
Bench: 265-275(raw) Squat: 340-360 Deadlift: 380-400 Powerclean: 225

My routine is going to look something like this:

Monday: Bench Press
Bench: 3X5
Skulls: 3X8
OH press: 3X8
Hammer Curls:3X8

Wednesday: Squat
Squat:3X5
Leg Press:3X8
Calf raises: 3X20
Good AM's: 3X8
Power Cleans: 3X6

Friday: Bench Press
Floor Presses: 3X4
Dumbell Skulls(30lbs DB's): 3X10
Front plate raises: 3X10(35lbs plate)

Saturday: Deadlift
Deadlift: 3X5
Rows: 3X8
SLDL's: 3X8
Balls Squats: 3X20
Hang Cleans: 3X6

Note: Ab work after every workout. Plyometrics once a week, usually on DL day. 4 sets done on BENCH, SQUAT, DL, 4th set light and VERY explosive.

I have used this method in the past before, and it gave me great gains.

I am keeping this journal to monitor my progress, and keep a record of how much weight I lift each workout. Peace out.

bradley
12-01-2002, 06:04 PM
Good luck on reaching your goals.

Lizzie
12-01-2002, 08:17 PM
Good luck hercule!

Hercule
12-02-2002, 07:45 PM
Hey guys,
TOday was bench press day. After taking a week off, I went pretty easy to keep from overdoing it.

Bench Press- 3X5:180 1X8:135

These were pretty hard, after a week these were not as easy as I thought they would be. I got the 3 sets of 5, but the 3rd set was really hard. The 4th set was nice and very explosive.

Skull Crushers- 2X7:85 1X8:75

WOW!! My tricep strength has gone down quite a bit. 3X8 with 85 used to be normal and pretty easy. My triceps were really hurtin on the 3rd set

Hammer Curls- 3X8:25lbs Dumbells

These were easy. Started from the waist, and touched my collar bone. Biceps were burning.

Military Press- 3X7:95lbs.

These were pretty pathetic. My triceps simply couldn't handle anything else. My shoulders were on fire too.

THis was a good workout after taking a week off. Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: Glycerlean and oatmeal cream pie
Lunch: 2 eggrolls and a cheeseburger....gourmet meal from the school snack line
After workout: Glycerlean, 2 packs of smarties, Zinc, Multivitamin
Supper:2 Medium pizzas from Dominoes...cheese, and pepperoni/jalepeno. TOtally pigged out
Before Bed: 2 glasses of milk

Approx Protein: 150g

Today was my first day back to school after Thanksgiving break. It was VERY painful actually waking up at 6:30 :(. IT was an easy day back at school. Me and my girlfriend kinda got into because of some 'rumors' about me and another girl..she is still kinda mad, but I think she will get over it. I am SO excited. Tommorow is our first powerlifting workout. I will finally get to see how I stack up with the others at my school. I can't wait. I have been waiting for this for 2 years. Thats all for today. Peace out.

Hercule
12-03-2002, 08:08 PM
Hey guys,
WEll, today was probably one of the worst days of the past month. First of all, I woke up late. THis was bad because I had very little time to get ready. We had a pop quiz in Geography which I was not really ready for, but I think I did fine. Also, me and my girlfriend broke up today. I found her 'reasons' to have many holes in them, but o well, I already have a date for the Christmas dance, which is on the 14th. Today was also our first powerlifting 'workout'. I quit the team after the first workout...not good. *For details, see "Today's powerlifting 'workout'" in Training. I am ready to go to sleep, and start over tommorow. Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: Sasuage and Biscuit w/cheese, Zinc, Multivitamin, Doxycycline

Lunch: 2 chicken breast sandwiches

Dinner: Spaghetti

Before Bed: Protein shake and a couple of glasses of milk.

TOtal protein: Approx. 140G

Peace out.

GIS
12-03-2002, 08:13 PM
Seems like an interesting routine you have there. Obviously a powerlifting routine that wouldn't cut it for me in terms of adding mass, but being 14 y/o @185 pounds and moving the iron that you do you're obviously doing something right.

Have you considered upping your calorie intake? Seems kind of low but it depends on your goals.

Keep up the good work and we'll all be looking forward to seeing your progress!

Hercule
12-03-2002, 08:19 PM
Hey,
Thanks for the compliment. I think my calories are high enough. I also eat some other stuff throughout the day, but i don't post it on here, because I don't wanna look like a total slob ;).

Hercule
12-04-2002, 06:36 PM
Today was squat day. It was a HORRIBLE workout. After taking a week off, I could DEFINATELY tell a loss of strength, especially in my lower back. Here it is:

Squats: 1X5: 185 1X5: 190 1X2: 255 1X7: 185

These squats were pretty weak. On the 3rd set, I planned on only doing it once, but I tried a second time, my form slipped and I tweaked my lower back, which pretty much ruined the rest of my workout. My hams were really burning on the last set.

Leg presses: 2X405 2X385 5X365 10X315

These were pretty good. I probably should have tried to squeeze one or two more on the first and second set, but these were pretty taxing.

SLDL: 1X9: 135lbs

After I hurt my back squating, I decided to go light. After the first set, my lowerback was totally gone. It felt all tight and 'crunched'.

Leg Curls: 2X8: 115

These were okay. I didn't really feel much of a burn in my hamstrings.

This was a horrible workout. If only I hadn't tweaked my back during the squats, I could have done so much better. I will have to make up for it next week.

Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: Glycerlean
Lunch: Rib Sandwhich, baked potato, and bag of Doritios
After workout: Glycerlean
Dinner: 2/3lbs cheeseburger, fries, choco shake from Braums
Before bed: some milk

Today was a good day. I avoided my girlfriend...which was good. I made a 100 on my Geography and Spanish 2 test. I am totally exhausted, and need some sleep. Goodnight. Peace out.

Hercule
12-05-2002, 08:39 PM
Hey guys,
Today is a rest day. I am so tired today....low on energy for some reason. Today, i went to powerlifting practice, but I was 'accidentally' 25 mins late, so I was only there for one drop set on bench. TOmmorow is bench press day on my regular routine too, even though I had to go to failure on two sets, I don't think that would be overtraining if I worked out tommorow. Nothing exciting happened today....just a boring ol' thursday. Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: Nothing, BLAH! I forgot to set my alarm clock..woke up too late to do anything but fix my hair.

Lunch: 2 Slices of Pizza, french fries, choco chip cookies

Dinner: 3 Gorditas, and that new Fajita burrito, and some nachos from Taco bell tuttut

Time for sleep. Peace out.

Hercule
12-07-2002, 05:36 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Saturday. I had to wake up at 6:45 this morning, to march with the band in a parade....it was freezing cold. I got about 6.5-7hrs. of sleep last night. The parade was over at noon and I slept till 2:30. I had a pretty good workout. Here it is:

Deadlift: 1X300 3X255 3X275 3X285 2X300

These were pretty good. This was only my second time to do DL's with Sumo Form. It was much easier to keep my back straight on these. I felt a LOT less strain in my lower back doing sumo, instead of conventional. On the last set, the first one was a bit sloppy, but the second 300 was a lot better.

Ball squats: 15 12 15

These were pretty painful. My quads were REALLY burnin after these babies. I did the last set to failure...on the last rep, I fell and I couldn't get up for a lil bit.

Hang Cleans: 6X135 6X145 6X150

The first two sets were really snappy and explosive. THe third set started out good, but got sloppy towards the end.

Upright BB rows: 2X6: 85lbs.

The second set was really hard. I didn't do a third set because my grip was totally gone by then.

This was a really good workout. I was supposed to bench yesterday, but I kinda got lazy/busy with my girlfriend.

Breakfast: 1 glazed donut (before parade)

Lunch: Chicken Fajitas....very yummy

Dinner: Prolly a can of chicken salad

Before Bed: Glycerlean

Thats all for today. Peace out.

bradley
12-08-2002, 10:27 AM
Good work on the deads. From what you are posting of your diet it looks as though you need to eat some more cals. I would also throw in some dextrose or some type of simple carb post-workout.

Hercule
12-08-2002, 01:01 PM
Thanks Bradley. I will try go get some Dextrose. About the Deads, I have No idea how much I could really do, because I hurt by back over the summer attempting 300, and I am really afraid of hurting it again. Another limitation on the deads, is I workout at home, and 300 pounds of weight is all I have.

beastin v6
12-08-2002, 02:07 PM
I have a question.

You are 14, and you say that you have been training for 2 years? So if I did my math right, you started to lift at 12 years old.?

Impressive lifts btw, for a 14 year old those lift are GREAT. I would like to see a pic or two.

Your parents dont let you take creatine?
peace

Hercule
12-08-2002, 08:55 PM
Beastin,
Thanks man. I will get some pics up as soon as I can. A kidney disorder runs in my family, and there is no way to tell if I have it or not, and they don't want to take the risk of me having it, and creatine making it worse. I am still giving them reasons why I should take it. I started lifting halfway through my 7th grade year. I didn't start actually working out right until about 7 months ago.

Hercule
12-08-2002, 09:00 PM
Hey guys,
TOday sucked. I woke up at 11 with a 103 degree fever. It broke at about 4. I have felt terrible all day. Tommorow is bench day, so I better get better. My hips and forearms were killing me after Deadlifting sumo style yesterday. Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: Yeh right
Lunch: Large supreme pizza
Midafternoon: half a gallon of choco milk....YUM YUM!!
Dinner: Southwestern Eggrolls
Before bed: Glycerlean

Not much today as far as food goes..my stomach was hurting as well.

Peace out.

Hercule
12-09-2002, 07:19 PM
Hey guys,
Today is monday. GOod day at school. made a 96 on a VERY important geometry test. I had an AWESOME workout..here it is:

Bench Press: 135X8 180X5 195X3 215X2!! 185X4

This was a great bench press. The 215X2 was great, not a PR but I have never done it before, working up to it like that.

Skulls: 3X6: 85lbs

Finally, my tricep strength is back up to par! These were pretty brutal.

Hammer Curls: 3X8 25lbs. dumbells

This was a good set. For some reason, I felt these more in my front shoulders, than biceps...weird.

Militaries: 2X7 100lbs.

Nice set. My left shoulder was bothering me, so I stopped short.

Breakfast: Glycerlean, zinc, multi
Lunch: 2 Chicken sandwhiches(from school..made from the FINEST meat..LoL) french fries, and choco cookies
Post Workout: Glycerlean
Dinner: Tuna 12oz. choco milk
Before bed: Milk

This was a good day, workout and diet wise.

Peace out.

Hercule
12-10-2002, 07:06 PM
Hey guys,
TOday is Tuesday. THis was a very long day. Pretty boring day. Private lessons(trumpet) were very productive, and I am totally psyched for all Region this Saturday. My triceps were pretty sore today after yesterday's workout. Here is what I ate today

Breakfast: Fruit and Fibre Cereal, 16OZ milk
Lunch: 2 Eggrolls, Fries, and choco chip cookies(gourmet meal from school snack line)
Afternoon: 1 can Tuna, 10OZ choco milk
Dinner: Chicken Fajitas

Pretty good day, diet wise. Tommorow is going to be jam packed. Band after school till 4:45 then gotta run as fast as I can to field house, do squats, church party at 6:30 till 8:30. THen I have to somehow in the course of tommorow find time to memorize two pages of Spanish, and study for my geometry test. O well, i will cross that bridge when it comes.

Peace out.

Hercule
12-10-2002, 07:08 PM
A side note, I talked to a fellow powerlifter today about my squats, and he pointed out that my knees are going forward, and I need to sit back more to fully utilize my glutes. I gotta really work on that tommorow since it is squat day..now maybe I will start seeing gains.

Hercule
12-12-2002, 04:54 PM
Hey guys,
WEll today and yesterday sucked. After band yesterday, I ran to the Field House, and my key wouldn't work! I was pissed off the rest of the night. TOday, the 'powerlifters' were working out, so I worked out with them. I didn't really workout. I kind of showed off on deadlift. I pulled a 330, Jake did a 350...grrrr! I also worked on my squat. I didn't really do much. I really feel my hams and glutes being used a lot more when I sit back more. My hams are tired right now. I worked up to a pretty hard 225 on squat. I think the gains will come a lot more steady, and faster. That is all I did today for workout. TOmmorow is bench day, and I will NOT miss it. My diet was pretty good, I dont have much time, so I gotta go.

Peace out.

Hercule
12-13-2002, 04:52 PM
Hey guys,
Today was a good day. Felt good today.

Decline: 8X135 8X185 215X3

First time I ever did decline. Pretty easy stuff. 215X3 surprised me.

Floor presses: 135X8 185X2 195X1

These were okay, a little dissapointing.

Lying DB tricep extension: 3X12 25lbs. dumbells.

Tris were burnin on third set. Need hever dumbells.

Concentration curls: 2X8(both arms)

These were kinda hard. Fellt good

Peace out

zelsey
12-13-2002, 05:25 PM
I wasn't gonna say anything because you seem to be progressing well, but since you mentioned that a kidney disorder runs in the family I feel obligated to speak. You take in too much protein in a day. You shouldn't ingest more than 1.2g/kg of body weight, which means you should be getting around 102-105 grams of protein per day. Anything over that is just a waste of your money and with having a history of kidney problems in the family can definitely be detrimental to your health.
It is great to see someone your age with such an interest in this sport and you have made some real impressive numbers there. I don't know if you are estimating your total protein properly or not but if you are, please cut down a little. I would hate to see you develop the kidney problems that run in your family.

Hercule
12-14-2002, 01:32 PM
Thanks, I will definatley take that into consideration. Dunno if I have the disorder or not though. My mom talked to my doctor and he said that I could take creatine. SO, i should be getting some pretty soon.

Hercule
12-14-2002, 03:34 PM
Hey guys,
Today was a great day. This morning I had all region tryouts, and i think I did okay. I kinda choked on my scales, but the two etudes were good. Tonight, at 6:30, I am going to a dance with my girlfriend, gotta dress very formally.....no fun. I also had an AWESOME workout. Here it is:

Good Mornings: 2X8:100lbs. 2X5:135

This is the first time I have ever done these. This was a weird movement. My hams felt like they were going to be ripped in half, as did my back. I have 2 questions about these. First of all, I kept my legs totally straight and rigid throughout the whole movement, this okay? I also went down to where my head was even with my knees. Am I going far enough, or too far?

SLDL: 3X5:205

These were good. My hams were really taking it. My back was REALLY gone after these.

Hang Cleans: 5X135 2X5:155

Nice and snappy. Grip started to go on the last set.

Reverse hypers: 2X10: Bodyweight

Wow, these were tight. This was also my first time to do these. I rigged it up by setting a piece of plywood on my powerstand(kind of like a dip stand, only bigger and it has handles like a reverse hyper machine) that I got from Hibbits. I didn't use any weight because I just wanted to get the feel for these. Another question on these. Do you keep your legs straight and raise them until your body is a straight line?

This was an excellent workout. I can barely stand because my back muscles are so wacked. Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: None, to nervous about auditions
Lunch: Smart ones and Uncle Ben's noodle bowl
After workout: GLycerlean
Dinner: Dunno, still got 2 hours

Hercule
12-14-2002, 03:40 PM
YAY!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!! I JUST GOT SOME CREATINE!!! MY PARENTS FINALLY GAVE IN!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! NOW I WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE.

that is all. now back to my boring adolescent life.

Hercule
12-15-2002, 12:32 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Sunday. Pretty good day today. I am VERY low on energy, I only got 4 hours of sleep. I had that dance that lasted until 12. I finally got home and to sleep at 1AM. At about 3:30 I woke up because I had an AWFUL muscle pain in my diaphragm area. The muscles were on fire, I could barely breath, and was in pure agony. I think the pain may be linked to the Good AM's I did. This lasted till about 4:45AM when I finally drifted off to sleep. Then I had to wake up at 8AM to get ready for church. The dance was great last night. Brittany looked ABSOLUTELY stunning, I am still in disbelief. It was kind of boring at first because there was an awards banquette for 2 hours, but after that there was a dance in the ball room. We snuck out and found an empty hall way...that was the highlight of the evening. I have some MAJOR DOMS today. My traps are killing me, oddly enough even though I did no direct trap work. My whole back, and my hamstrings are burning too...good stuff. I have a band concert to play at at 3:00 this after noon. Somehow, I am going to HAVE to work in a nap. I am so glad to finally be taking creatine, I feel stronger just knowing the stuff is running through my veins..LoL. I may miss a few days on my journal because I sending my comp to a dude so he can install a CD burner. Thats all for today.

Peace out.

The Calvinator
12-15-2002, 03:17 PM
creatine doesnt make you unstoppable, just so you know... a lot of my joints hurt from taking creatine because my muscles were getting a lot stronger and my tendons couldnt keep up, and now i have a lot of sensitive joints in my body so i took about 3 months off from lifting to heal. you are pretty fookin strong for being 14. i wish i would have started lifting younger, i didnt start until i was 19. but i think you should just concentrate on your diet at your age and not worry about supplements besides food and glutamine. i know you dont want to listen to me, but its just a thought, do some research, and good luck!

Hercule
12-16-2002, 02:18 PM
Calvinator,
I know Creatine wont make me unstoppable..just a little exaggeration. I have a low natural creatine number, so any small amount of creatine really helps me.

Hercule
12-19-2002, 11:53 AM
Hey guys,
Finally got my comp back. YAY!!! I have been having withdrawal symptoms from not being on WBB for the past 4 days. Here is how my bench day went:

Bench: 135X10 180X6 200X3 225X1 205X2

These were great. The 225 was an accident, I meant to put 215 on, but put on 10's instead of 5's. whoops. O well, no complaints.

Skull Crushers: 90X6,5,4

These were great. My triceps were killing me. I decided to up the weight by 10lbs. to shock my triceps and get my bench press up.

Hammer Curls: 35lbs. dumbellsX8,6,5

My biceps were killing me. I did the same thing on these as on my skull crushers

Military presses: 100X8,6,6

My shoulders felt these a lot. I could NOT lock out on the 3rd set, my triceps were too gone.

Yesterday was squat day. I didn't really do to much, I was just trying to get used to 'correct' form. I started out light, and maxed out at 290, after doing 135X10, 185X8, and 240X5. I think I have about a 310-320 max, fresh.

Thats all for today.

Peace out.

Hercule
12-20-2002, 02:19 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Friday. Today was a good day. Been lazy all day now that school is out. I have stagnated on bench at 240, so I decided to do some speed work to see if I can get past it.

Bench: 10X3 (3Xclose grip, 4X reg, 3Xwide) 185X1 205X1 135X5

These were pretty fast, i did each set(3 reps) in under 4 seconds, but they just wern't explosive, if you know what I mean. I think lack of explosiveness is the reason for my plateau, so I will do a lot of speed work for a while. The 205X1 felt really like nothing, I did it in about 1.5seconds, no bouncing either.

DB skull crushers: 3X7:35lbs. dumbells

These were good. My triceps were really burnin. I think I may have a small case of Tendonitis in my left arm, the muscles around the elbow were hurting me a bit.

Front plate raises: 3X8: 35lbs. plate

Wow, my shoulder strength has gone up. I havn't done front plate raises in a long time, and before i quit I was only using the 25lbs plate. My shoulders were burning on these.

Dips: 3X6: BW

I don't know why I did these. I havn't done dips in 3 months. these were okay.

Breakfast:3 fried eggs
Lunch: 1 can chicken salad
Before workout: 5G creatine
After Workout: Glycerlean
Supper: Chicken enchiladas
Before Bed: glycerlean

Tommorow is DL day. My DL has also stagnated at 345, so i decided to stop DL'ing every week. Last week I did heavy GOod Am's/light SLDL's. TOmmorow, I will do Heavy SLDL's/Light Good AM's. I will deadlift every 3rd week from now on. I gotta get ready to go to the movies.

Peace out.

Hercule
12-21-2002, 11:23 AM
Hey guys,
TOday is Saturday. For some reason, I am VERY moody and irritable today, a lot of things are getting on my nerves, I nearly blew up at my mom when she started talking to me during mid-set.tuttut

Good Mornings: 3X8: 105lbs.

These were pretty good. Next time, I will use heavier weight

SLDL: 5X225 4X235 3X235

Whew! These were punishing right here. My hams were absolutely fried after these, along with my back. I was struggling VERY hard on the last set.

Reverse Hypers: 2X8: BW+10lbs

These were hard after the SLDL's. I was having a hard time doing these. My hams and lowerback were fried.

This was a pretty short workout, I just couldn't really get in the mood to do anything else. I didn't get much sleep last night, that is probably the reason. I gotta go. I am going to see LOTR: The Two Towers in about an hour.

Peace out.

Hercule
12-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Sunday. Didn't sleep very well last night. Stayed up till 1AM watching Adult swim. I woke up at 8. Church was the normal church story, etc. Kinda tired today. The lower half of my back is pretty tight and sore, my hams are a little sore too, but not NEAR as sore as a week ago. I didn't quite work out as hard as I wanted to yesterday. I gotta go, WSM2002 is coming on.

Peace out.

Hercule
12-22-2002, 08:06 PM
UGH! Today has been a HORRIBLE day. First of all, today I was skateboarding, and I was doing a heelflip, I didn't quite balance at the end, so I fell, as I was falling I totally SMACKED my hand onto a grinding rail. The outer left edge of my left hand is fractured....grrrr. Tommorow is Bench day, and I was going to attemt 290-300lbs on rack lockouts...we will see how it goes tommorow. Item number two on my horrible day, Heather. Heather used to go to my church, she left 2.5 years ago, because she went to live with her mom. I had a MAJOR crush on her, but I was too scared to say anything, this was BEFORE i started lifting. I was in 6th grade then. I started lifting in 7th grade, since she last saw me, I have grown 5", and gained close to 70lbs, I used to be skin and bones, but I am NOT fat now :P. Anyways, on with the story. Tonight we had a special church play, so guess who shows up....Heather! She hasn't changed at all, still 5'3", blonde hair, beautiful. I don't have feelings for her anymore though. So she walks in, sits down in front of me, and says nothing. She doesn't even recognize me. All during church I kept saying to myself, you gotta talk to her after church. I psyched myself up, and was ready. After church, she turns around and starts talking to my mom, still not sure of who I am. Then she walks off. I was going to go after her, but I had to help my dad move something, and when I got done helping him, she was nowhere to be found. As we are driving off, she is in the parking lot staring at me. So I just totally screwed up my chances of talking with her, and I prolly will not see her again until next Christmas. UGH!! WHY AM I SUCH A GUTLESS WORM?!?! Oh well. Thats all my ranting and raving.

Peace out.

Delphi
12-22-2002, 11:05 PM
On your bench day you're usually doing these exercises:

Bench
Skulls
OH press
Hammer Curls

I would change them around to this:

Bench
Hammer Curls
OH press
Skulls

This way you're doing curls in between the bench and OH presses so your triceps get a little rest. Also, it's putting the compound presses in front of the isolation skulls. If you do it this way you should see some improvement in your OH presses. Later on you might try putting the OH presses in front of the bench presses.

What instrument do you play?

Hercule
12-23-2002, 09:53 AM
Thanks Delphi, I will try it. I play the trumpet, king of all instruments.

Hercule
12-23-2002, 02:33 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Monday. Pretty good day today. Got to sleep kind of late, me and Brittany stayed out till 12 tuttut. I woke up at nine. Cold and rainy today. I HATE working out in the cold. The first 10 minutes are absolute hell. I am burning up, and all the weights are cold...UGH! Pretty good workout.

6" Rack Lockouts: 205X5 225X5 235X4 255X2 265X1 275X0

This was my first time to ever do 6". They were pretty hard on my triceps. I should have had 275, i got it about 2" then I could not move it anymore. Nothing to spectacular here.

Hammer Curls: 3X6: 35lbs. Dumbells

Wow, forcing the extra 10lbs last week has really helped. As soon as I get 3X8, I am moving up to 45's. I had to really work hard on the last 2 reps of the last set.

Military presses: 3X6: 115lbs.

NEW PR!! WOot! Special thanks to Delphi for the little tip on rearranging the order of my lifts. I had to cheat a little bit on the final two reps of the last set, I used a LITTLE leg drive.

Skullcrushers: 2X6: 90lbs.

These are up from last week as well. I didn't do a third set because it felt like my triceps were beat up enough as is.

This was a great workout, even though it was HORRIBLY cold in the garage. No complaints from me. Here is my diet for today:

Breakfast: Package of peanut butter crackers
Lunch: 2 Bowls of ma's homemade chili
Before workout: 5g creatine
Supper: Steak, baked potatoe, broccoli

Saturday Fever
12-23-2002, 02:42 PM
What kind of grip are you using on your lockouts? My preference is to go even closer than I usually bench so my triceps have to do even more of the lifting. Just some food for thought.

Hercule
12-23-2002, 06:09 PM
SF,
I used the same grip I use on regular bench press. I will move my hands closer together next time, sounds like a great idea. THanks for the tip man.

Hercule
12-24-2002, 02:43 PM
Hey guys,
Happy Christmas Eve day! Its been a pretty good day today. I got 10hours of sleep last night :D. Finished up my Christmas shopping today, finally. Tommorow is squat day. I am kind of scared because I found out that I have been squatting wrong...FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS :cry:!! TOmmorow, I will take things slow and concentrate on good form. Maybe I will finally have a decent squat to go along with my DL and BP. I can't wait till tonight...PRESENTS!! YAY!!! I have some DOMS in my abs, shoulders, and for some strange reason, in my lats. Here is how my diet is going:

Breakfast: Peanut butter crackers
Lunch: Buffalo wings/unlce ben's noodle bowl
Midafternoon: 20Oz milk
Supper: I think we are having Brisket
3:17AM: Go see what 'santa' brought me and get a lil snack

Thats all for today.
Peace out.

Hercule
12-25-2002, 04:33 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Wednesday...Christmas Day! Great day today. I only slept 7 hours last night, but I had a 1.5 hour nap this afternoon. For Christmas I got: A LOT of clothes, an electric razor, MD player, Net MD Walkman, Power rack, Cologne, CD burner, and from my girlfriend: Cologne, and A CROWBAR!! LOL! I ate a TON of food at my Grandmothers house today. Here is how my workout went:

Squats: 135X8 185X8 205X5 225X3 245X1 255X0

WOW!! So this is what it feels like to do squats the right way! I could NEVER do this a month ago when my knees were going out over my toes. These were freakin awesome. My glutes were so tight and cramped the rest of the workout! I did all the squatting without a belt, and my lower back was a little tired at the end. I should have had the 255, but I just seemed to not have much juice left.

Standing Calf Raises: 185X40,30,25

HOLY CALF RAISES! My calfs were burning like hell! I tried to work through the burn, but I just couldn't. I lost my balance several times throughout the 3 sets. I was limping for about 5 minutes after these babies. Next time, I will do them off a block.

SLDL: 205X7 (3)

These were pretty good, I felt a nice stretch in my hams, but nothing really painful. It was probably because of my lower back. On the third set, I was giving it everything I had to lockout, and I got this HORRIBLE pain in the back of my head, and had to lay down for a little while.

Power Cleans: 8X135

I only did one set of these to see if I had anything left, and I didn't have much :).

Here is my diet for today:
Breakfast: Nerds:)
Lunch: Turkey, ham, dressing, etc.
Before workout: Creatine 5g
After Workout: Glycerlean
Dinner: dunno

Thats all for today.
Peace out.

Hercule
12-25-2002, 09:59 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL FROM RYAN'S JOURNAL!

Hercule
12-25-2002, 10:02 PM
Man, I need to diet. I think the Creatine has caused a little weight gain. 2 weeks ago, I weighed 191, tonight, I weighed about 196. I need to be careful, or I will end up going up another weight class in powerlifting, which would not be good. Maybe it is just all the stuff I ate at lunch...I hope. Time to go to bed.

Peace out.

Hercule
12-26-2002, 12:14 PM
Hey guys,
Today is thursday. I got 10 hours of sleep last night, feeling good. Got the new YuYu Hakusho DVD today, gonna be sweet when I get around to watching it. I have some major DOMS in my glutes and calves. My obliques and lowerback are pretty sore as well. I am glad to finally be squatting right. I hope I get to work out tommorow. I owe my parents about 40 dollars, so I gotta go to my grandfathers house and work for him tommorow, hopefully I will have enough energy to Bench press tommorow night. Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: None
Lunch: 20 piece Chicken McNuggets from MiceyD's
Afernoon: Glycerlean, 5g Creatine
Supper: Pork chops, mashed potatos, etc.
Prolly eat some junk food before bed.

Thats all for today.
Peace out.

onthebrink135
12-26-2002, 04:30 PM
Where in Texas are you from?

Hercule
12-26-2002, 05:53 PM
I live in Powderly Texas. Bout 2 hours away from you.

Hercule
12-27-2002, 08:12 PM
Hey guys,
Whew, today was a LONG day. I worked about 7 hours today at my grandfather's house and made about 45 dollars. I am exhausted. I worked till 5, came home and took a nap. At 6 I ate, and then I worked out at 7. THis was a GREAT workout

Speed Bench: 125: 9X3(3 sets wide, reg, close) 205X1 225X1

Good speed one these. I have NO idea how I did the 225. It was as fast and as explosive as 125. I am going to max on Monday, and with the ease that 225 was tonight, I am going to guess my max at 245-255. I did the 225 in exactly 1 second, and I reversed right when it touched my chest, so there was absolutely NO bouncing.

Front Plate Raises: 2X10: 35lbs.

These were easy. I am going to go up to a 45 next week. I got a good burn on the second set.

DB Skull Crushers: 35's 2X10

These were good as well. Great burn in the triceps.

I had to cut the workout short so I could go to walmart.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of sausage, 2 biscuits
Lunch: Large Supreme Pizza
Mid afternoon: Glycerlean
Dinner: Mexican food
After workout: 5g creatine

Thats all for today.
Peace out.

Hercule
12-28-2002, 01:36 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Saturday. I finally got around to watching the new YuYu Hakusho videos, very ace :thumbup:. Its pretty warm and humid outside today. Had a good workout:

Deadlift: 135X10 205X8 255X6 285X5 300X5

Man, taking those 2 weeks off helped a LOT. My deadlifting was a LOT stronger today. I had a lot left, but my grip was gone after the 285, I used straps and a belt on 300. I still had a good bit left in me after 300, but my grip slipped on the attempted 6th rep of 300, and the straps nearly ripped my hands off :(. I also need more weight, the 300 felt like nothing. I will max at school when I go back and get a new max up on here.

Bentover BB rows: 8X90 8X100 (2)

THis is the first time I have ever done Bentover rows. I must say I like these a LOT more than upright rows. For one thing, I can do more weight :D.

Dimel Deads: 135X20 (2)

These were cool. They were very fast and explosive. I did each set in under 30 seconds. I got a good burn in my glutes and hams.

Thats all I did today. I got a terrible pain in the back of my head on the Dimel deads, and 10 mins later, it still hurts. I think it was from not breathing right. It was a pretty good workout. Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: Bacon and biscuits and gravy
Lunch: Chicken salad
Before Workout: 5g creatine
Supper: Chicken Fajitas

Peace out.

onthebrink135
12-29-2002, 01:10 AM
What's glycerlean?

Hercule
12-29-2002, 12:59 PM
Its a protein supplement. 45g when mixed w/ milk. It is time released protein, I have seen some really great results using it.

Hercule
12-29-2002, 02:35 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Sunday. Didn't get too much sleep last night, went to sleep at about 1AM and woke up at 8. Church was okay, but a lot of people were gone. Its pretty cloudy and looks like its gonna rain. I have some slight DOMS in my Hams, lower back, and lats. Diet isn't anything special today, just whatever I feel like eating. I am going to max out on bench tommorow. I am guesstimating about 245-255, we will see tommorow. Thats all for today.

Peace out.

Hercule
12-30-2002, 02:09 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Monday. My workout sucked hairy donkey nads. I got that pain in the back of my head during bench, which ruined the rest of my workout! I am going to have to get my head examined soon so I dont bust anything

4 Board Press: 135X8 185X8 205X6 225X3 240X1 255X0

Pretty good workout. Really killed my triceps. I was dissapointed on not getting 255, but o well. The back of my head started hurting on the 6th rep of the second set.

Hammer Curls: 35lbs. DB'sX7 (2) 35X5

Pretty good sets. The 3rd set was dissapointing.

Dips: BWX8 (2)

These were pretty good. I just did these because I thought it was too soon to do some direct shoulder work.

Skullcrushers: 90X6 (2)

My triceps were gone from the 4 board presses, so these were pretty weak.

This was a bad workout all together. I am going to try to find out whats wrong soon. Thats all for today.

Peace out.

MonStar
12-31-2002, 10:19 AM
Good strength on the 4-board presses Herc, keep up the hard work man. Youre not doing Westside are you? Strange to see 4-board presses in a journal without ME bench or something along those lines.

Hercule
12-31-2002, 10:24 AM
Nah, no Westside yet. I am gonna start Westside this summer, right now, I am preparing for my first powerlifting meet which is in a month, so i don't want switch routines yet. I also am trying to get a Reverse Hyper and GHR before I start westside. I was pretty dissapointed with my performance on the 4 board press. I have done 265 before on the 4 board press, so 255 should have been mine, but o well, the whole workout was probably the worst one I have ever had.
*Note- I only got 3 hours of sleep on Sunday night.:tuttut:. I am going to use this as the reason of my poor performance yesterday.

gregnb
12-31-2002, 12:24 PM
Wow, I must say your lifts are very very impressive. You can outbench me! haha.. keep up the good work man you're gonna be a freak by the time you're 20!

Hercule
12-31-2002, 04:25 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Tuesday. Sleep sucked last night. Cody came over and we stayed up till 3. I am starving. THere is going to be so much pizza and every other junk food imaginable tonight, that i am gong to totaly pig out. Can't wiat. then i am going to brittanys for some partying.... No doms today.

Peace out.

Hercule
12-31-2002, 04:26 PM
Thanks for posting in my journal Monstar and Greg. Much appreciated.

MonStar
01-01-2003, 01:49 AM
DAMN Herc, I was just looking at your signature and for a friggin' 14 year old, youre strong as sh*t man. What are you going to be like when youre 16? Haha, keep up the hard work man. Throwin' around some impressive weights. Bench strength is friggin' crazy.

Hercule
01-01-2003, 10:41 AM
Thanks monstar. Your post is most appreciated.

Hercule
01-01-2003, 10:43 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE FROM RYAN'S JOURNAL!!!

Hercule
01-01-2003, 03:20 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Wednesday. Sleep sucked last night. Stayed out late with Brittany, got home at 1 and woke up at 9. The weather is pretty nice outside. I had a GREAT workout. I had no pain in the back of my head at all today.

Squats (ATF): 135X10 185X10 205X7 240X3

Dang. This was my second squat session ever, and boy was it a good one. I touched my butt to the back of my leg everytime. I did these without a belt and they totally murdered my lower back. I think I may be overtraining it. My squat strength is up considerably from last week. If I keep progressing like this, I will reach my goal of 360 pretty soon.

Walking DB lunges: 35's 40ftX2

These were frickin hard. I really had to push hard to keep going, it was hard to get up.

SLDL: 205X7 (2)

These were okay, but a lot weaker than usual. I think it was from the squats.

This was a pretty good workout, even though it was pretty short. I can't wait to get a GHR, RH, and HE machine so I will have some more good Glute and Ham exercises to add. Here is waht I ate today:

Breakfast: 6" sub sandwhich left over from last night
Lunch: A lot of food
Supper: dunno
BEfore bed: Glycerlean

I am thinking about skipping my lower back day on Saturday so I can give my lower back longer to recover. Thats all for today.

Peace out.

Hercule
01-01-2003, 03:35 PM
*Note- I need to get my work capacity up. I am way out of shape, and I was exhausted at the end of the workout. My workouts need to be longer, so i need to do some GPP work, I will probably order a sled and drag that on some rest day.

MonStar
01-02-2003, 08:40 AM
Good leg session Herc, nice squatting strength. Definitely impressive man. Hey who makes Glycerlean again? I forget. How has that worked for you?

Hercule
01-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Glycerlean is made by the Designer Whey people. It has helped me put on a lot of mass, and I have also made some impressive strength gains with it.

Hercule
01-02-2003, 04:07 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Thursday. I got 10 hours of sleep last night, so I am feelin good. I have some DOMS in my hams, all the little erector muscles around my waist are sore, and I have some pain in my inner thigh muscles close to my crotch. School starts back in 5 days and I am NOT ready to go back. Here is my diet for today:

Breakfast: Nothing
Lunch: Potato soup
Dinner: Beef enchiladas

Peace out.

Saturday Fever
01-02-2003, 04:09 PM
You have the peanut butter jelly guy dancing as your avatar. I have gone ahead and elevated you to "cooler than the other side of the pillow" status.

Hercule
01-02-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Saturday Fever
You have the peanut butter jelly guy dancing as your avatar. I have gone ahead and elevated you to "cooler than the other side of the pillow" status.

SWEET!!!!:cool:

Hercule
01-08-2003, 03:48 PM
Hey guys,
I have been grounded for the past week, and tommorow, I will be ungrounded. I am on the comp at school now. I had a great lowerback/hamstring/glute session on saturday. Monday was a good bench day. I did regular bench 205 for 3 sets of 5. My shoulder strength was pretty bad, but my triceps were pretty strong. TOday is squat day, so tommorow, I will give a full workout descripiton over it. I plan on doing Squats, Lunges, SLDL's, and Olympic squats. The head pains have also dissapeared. Thats all til tommorow.

Peace out.

Hercule
01-09-2003, 03:37 PM
Hey guys,
Today is thursday and I am finally ungrounded! Here is how yesterdays workout was

Squats (ATF): 135X8 225X6 225X5 205X8

Man. THese squats sucked BIG time. I didn't workout until 8pm, so that is probably why. My legs were killing me after these

Walking lunges: 50ftX2 w/ 30lbs dumbells

WOW!! I had to just fall on the ground after the second set, I could NOT stand up. These are good for cardio..heehee.

SLDL: 210X8 (2)

Shoot, these hurt. My hams and lower back were hit pretty hard after these babies.

Leg Curls: 45lbsX8 (3)

Pain pain and more pain. I had to lay on the bench for about 5 mins after these. I couldn't fully straighten my legs for the next hour and a half.

Thats all. TOmmorow is DE bench.

Peace out.

Hercule
01-10-2003, 03:23 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Friday. Thank goodness! Its been a long week back. Here is how my workout went:

DE Bench: 125X3 (10) 185X1 205X1

Good bar speed on these. Had to really concentrate on keepin my elbows in.

BB Curls: 85X5(2) 75X6

This is the first time in a long time I have done these. Pretty good, I guess.

DB Skull crushers: 35'sX7 (3)

Nice sets. TOtally slaughtered my tris with these.

Front plate raise: 35X8 (10)

Dang, these were brutal. On the third set, I held the plate at eye level for 10 seconds. My shoulders were burning like hell!

Thats all. I gotta go get ready to go to Texarkana.

Peace out.

Hercule
01-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Hey guys,
TOday is Saturday. Its a nice day today, kind of cloudy. My workout wasn't very intense, I did it right after a nap tuttut.

Goodmornings: 135X6 (2)

These were pretty good. They were pretty hard on my glutes and lower back.

Chins: 10X1

Yes, you read that right. 10 sets of 1! This is the first time I have ever done these. I couldn't do more than 1 rep at a time.

Dimel Deads: 155X20,15,10

These were fast and explosive. Killed my hams and glutes.

Bentover BB rows: 75X7 (3)

The weight was pathetic on these. THey were really hard though.

Leg Curls: 35X8 (2)

These pretty much finished off my hams.

This wasn't very intense. I could have done better. I didn't really hit my hams too hard because they were still slightly sore from Wednesday's workout.

Peace out.

Hercule
01-12-2003, 01:51 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Sunday. It is cold outside, and its snowing. I have some crazy DOMS in my hams and back. I am going to take the week after this one off. I will max this coming up week, and get some more accurate numbers to post. Thats all for today.

Peace out.

MonStar
01-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Hey Herc, what are dimel deads again? Sorry.

Hercule
01-12-2003, 02:08 PM
Dimel deads are like SLDL. Except, you do them with a lower weight and you do higher reps. You do them VERY fast and explosively, on the negative part, you just let the bar drop, once below the knees you come up as fast as possible. They are killer for the hams and glutes.

Hercule
01-12-2003, 02:09 PM
THey are also excellent for helping the lockout part of deadlifts.

MonStar
01-13-2003, 07:13 AM
Sounds like a good exercise Herc, keep up the hard work man.

Hercule
01-13-2003, 08:24 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Monday. Pretty good day today. I had an awesome workout. I put on a mean face and gave it all I had. I also ordered my bench shirt and squat suit today. Here it is:

Bench Press: 135X5 205X5 225X3 245X1

Great benchin! The 225 was probably good for another rep or 2, and the 245 was fairly easy.

Hammer Curls: 35'sX 8,8,6

Great hammer curls. Really felt the burn in my biceps. I may move up to 45's next week.

Standing OH Press: 110X 7,7,6

These were intense. My triceps and shoulders were totally beaten to death by these babies.

Skull Crushers: 90X 6,4,6

My triceps were already beaten down by the OH presses, so these were HARD. On the last set, I did the last 3 assissted.

Here what I ate today:

Breakfast: Glycerlean, 3g Creatine
Lunch: 2 Chicken Sandwhiches
Dinner: 1/3lbs. hamburger from Braum's
Post workout: Glycerlean, and 5g of creatine

Peace out.

Hercule
01-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Tuesday. Today was a great day. I got 9 hours of sleep last night, so I was feeling pretty good. After school today, I went to powerlifting, and maxed on deadlift. I got 370, but I want more, I was really hoping for 405. Sadly, this was the second highest deadlift, Kris pulled 380, and I have no idea how. My max should be considerably higher by our first meet, which is on Feb. 8. I am taking next week off, so that will help my hams and back to recover, which I have been hitting extra hard. Thats all for today.

Peace out.

ChrisH
01-14-2003, 03:25 PM
You're saying that there are other guys your age with your strength?
Oh ****. We are all doomed...

Hercule
01-14-2003, 03:34 PM
LoL, no man, Kris is a Senior. Sorry for the confusion! LOL, Kris is 17.

*Note-I really need to work on explosivness and bar speed. Speed and explosivness is what is holding me back for the 405. After taking next week off, I will do some box jumps and speed deads.

ChrisH
01-14-2003, 03:42 PM
lol, isnt the other guy worried that hes close to be being beaten by someone 3 years younger than him?

Hercule
01-14-2003, 06:13 PM
I don't think so. He and I both know that I am WAY stronger than him. He is one of those guys who are Uberpopular and have to be involved in everything, I am an outcast that concentrates on powerlifting 24/7 instead of being liked. I am the strongest person on the team, so I don't think anyone expects anything else.

Hercule
01-16-2003, 03:47 PM
Hey guys,
TOday is thursday. Dang, it is cold outside. THe wind is blowing like a million miles an hour. MY workout was OK, but not great. For some reason my squat is really sucking lately, I think I need some time off, I have done nothing but murder my posterior chain for teh past 8 weeks, so it is time for a break. I am going to take a week off. That will give me two weeks before the first competition. Here is my workout:

Squats: 135X8 205X6(2) 225X3 250X1

These squats were absolute rock bottom. They were freakin hard too. I think my hams and glutes are overtrained. My squat is way to weak lately.

Conventional Deadlift: 255X5 300X1 (6)

These were unbelievably easy. The 300 felt like nothing. I just totally smoked it. I did 6 singles with 300. All I have is 300lbs. so I was stuck with doing speed singles with it. I need another set of 45's.

Leg Curls: 45X8 (2)

These were done to failure. Got a nice burn in the hams.

Thats all for this journal for 2 weeks. I may occasionally post to bump it back up.

Peace out.

MonStar
01-16-2003, 07:36 PM
Have you ever considered giving Westside a shot Herc. Looking at your strength at only 14 by the time youre 16-17 you could be throwing around some CRAZY weight. Maybe even setting state records for your age.

Hercule
01-17-2003, 03:56 PM
Monstar,
Yeh man, when school is out, I am going full on westside. I am gonna get a GHR for my B-day, then I am gonna get a job this summer and buy a Reverse hyper, then I can do all the exercises required. Actually, I am going for a record next year. I plan on a 350 bench with a shirt, which would shatter the current record of 325....if I could stay in the 181's that is.

Hercule
01-18-2003, 01:59 PM
HEy guys,
Today is Saturday. Had to wake up at 6 to go to a UIL meet. Not worth it. I competed in Editorial writing. Not sure how I did. I have only taken 2 days off and it already seems like an eternity. I don't know how I am possibly going to wait until next Monday to start working out again. Oh well, I will try to tough it out. Thats all for today.

Peace out.

Robert
01-18-2003, 04:27 PM
Hey hercule, you should try switching to high rep squats for the time being. Do these 2 or 3 times a week, MON,WED, FRID, or MON,THURS if you can only manage twice a week. Do a warm up set and then do only 2 main sets of squats. Aim for 15 reps with your heaviest weight possible for your first set and then take 20 pounds off and rep out as many reps as you can. Try to beat your first set of reps. Then go on to front squats. do 3 sets of 10 reps with your heaviest weight and each set take off 10 pounds and try and hit 10+reps each set.

Every workout, add 5 pounds to all sets. Make this mandatory. And build up from here. If you keep this up you'll build the weight up quickly. But make sure everytime that you add weight, you always manage to complete the desired reps and go to utter failure on all sets. The number of sets might seem puny, but if you work hard, they will take alot out of you but this routine will work for you.

Robert

DK
01-18-2003, 04:48 PM
Yeh man, when school is out, I am going full on westside. I am gonna get a GHR for my B-day, then I am gonna get a job this summer and buy a Reverse hyper, then I can do all the exercises required. Actually, I am going for a record next year. I plan on a 350 bench with a shirt, which would shatter the current record of 325....if I could stay in the 181's that is.

Hey Hercule, You wanna buy me a power rack while your at it. j/k.
You've really got a strong bench man. For me my bench is my weakest lift. I'll be lookin for you in the record books. I guess there aren't many 14 year old guys that are training hard out there. :) Keep up the good work.

Hercule
01-18-2003, 05:14 PM
Heh, thanks for the support man. I really appreciate it. As dumb as this sounds, I would trade a 255 bench for a 355 squat any day. I don't know why my squat is so low. I can pull 385 on DL Conventional, but I can't squat more than 315...it really sucks. But again, thanks a lot.

bradley
01-19-2003, 04:57 AM
Hey man just wanted to tell you to keep up the hard work. I have been reading your journal although not posting much. You have some very impressive strength and you definetely have the potential to be one strong mofo.

MonStar
01-19-2003, 07:06 AM
An impressive plan Herc. I am really looking forward to seeing how you do with Westside. I am sure that it will really work well for you man. I cant imagine anything else. Good luck with it. Yeah my gym doesnt have a GHR unfortunately. Looks like a hell of a good exercise.

Hercule
01-19-2003, 12:11 PM
Bradley- Thanks a lot for the support man. I am not really all to proud of my current level of strength. I think it could be much higher. After my little one week break, I am going to up the calories and up the intensity a lot as well. I am going to murder my hams and whole posterior chain after my week long break, I will accept nothing less than a 450DL, 360SQ, and 265 BP by May.

Monstar- I am really anxious to try Westside. You obviously have been getting unreal results by it, so this summer it is full westside for me. I hope to really get all my lifts up over the summer, plus get a lot of explosivenss and raw strength for football.

Hercule
01-21-2003, 08:33 PM
Hey guys,
This off time has been hell, to put it lightly. Everymorning when I walk out into the garage, i just want to hop on the bench and pound out some reps, btu i havn't. Today was a great day. I have a Geometry test tommorow, which will be a snap, its over proportions/similarity with a crapload of theorems to learn.

Today, while I was eating, the phone rang. I went to pick it up......it was Coach Parker. He has set up a little dual meet with Honey Grove, it is on Thursday. I was REALLY wanting to take all this week off, but I guess 7 days will just have to work. I kinda wish he hadn't scheduled it because my gear doesn't get here until Friday. This meet will be raw, but the one on the 8th will not. I am very excited to say the least. I havn't maxed on squat in about 3 months, so it will be a surprise to me on Thursday. Here are what I have set for my first 2 attempts:

Squat: 260/?/?

Bench: 225/240/?

Deadlift: 315/350/?

The question marks all depend on how i feel after the previous attempt(s). I really hope to do well in this first meet. I have been eating a ton of food today, and will do so tommorow as well.

CONGRATS TO MONSTAR ON HIS SPECTACULAR 315 BP!!!

Peace out.

MonStar
01-21-2003, 09:37 PM
LOL, thanks for including me in your journal Hercule, appreciate it a ton man. You have no idea. Good luck with the friendly competition---sounds like a lot of fun. Youll friggin' tear it up if you ask me. Youll be benchin' 315 in no time, dont sweat it.

bradley
01-22-2003, 05:36 AM
Good luck with the competition and be sure to post the results. Best of luck.

Hercule
01-23-2003, 06:28 PM
Well, today was the big day. It was very exciting and fun. All of the lifters were very nice and helpful, even got a new friend, who deadlifts 510lbs. I held back today because coach scheduled a meet for next thursday :(. I not be able to work out at all between now and then,without risking my performance. Here are the results of the meet:

First off, I was the ONLY RAW lifter there. Everyone else was decked out in top of the line Inzer gear. Mine will be here tommorow :).

Squat: I havn't maxed in 3 months on this lift. I used only a belt.

1st attempt: 250- easy as pie, smoked it
2nd attempt: 270- smoked
3rd: 290- a bit difficult, but good.

I figure I have about 15-25lbs left in me on squat. With the suit, I will shoot for about 350-360.

Bench: RAW, nothing

1st attempt: 225- somthing was wrong. This was a VERY uneven extension, but good for 2 greens
2nd attempt: 235- Was off balance from the beginning, no lift
3rd attempt: 235- SMOKED IT LIKE IT WAS A FRIGGIN WARM UP!!! I could kill myself. I realized that I had nto been pushing my shoulder blades together, and the narrow bench just threw me off. This sucked so bad. 250 should have been my final, but out of stupidity I used up all 3 attempts on pussy weight.

Deadlift: Raw, a belt

1st attempt: 315- smoked it
2nd attempt: 350- Little bit harder, but easy none the less
3rd attempt: 365- AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! I HATE MYSELF!!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!!! I coudln't get it off the ground at first, and stupidly took my hands off the bar!! I could have had this. I am gong to max on conventional before the next meet, I did these sumo style, but I think I am giong to do it conventional style at the next meet.

THis meet didn't count for anything but experience. Overall, I think I left about 40lbs. off my total just from stupidity, restraint, and underestimating myself. Next weeks will be for something. I am shooting for a 1000+ total.

Peace out.

bradley
01-24-2003, 02:55 AM
Those are impressive Hercule and the main thing you have some experience under your belt now. Impressive totals though.

Hercule
01-24-2003, 10:59 AM
Bradley,
Thanks for the post man. I am not really that happy with my total, but the experience more than makes up for it. I now have a better idea where to start my openers, and how my form needs to be corrected. When I was squatting and the judge yelled up, I was surprised because it still felt like I had a long way to go. ATF squats really help for powerlifting. My first qualifying meet is in 6 days. My suit and shirt came in today, so tommorow, I will run up the field house and max out so I will have a better idea of where to start with an extra 50+lbs added to all my lifts from gear. L8er

Saturday Fever
01-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Nothing wrong with an 875 total. (if my math is right) In fact, it's all just a learning experience. Next time you won't release the bar. Next time you'll have your shoulders and upper back tight. Good meet, look forward to seeing the next one.

DK
01-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Good job at the meet man. I'm still gettin ready for my first one and I think It will be a learning experience as well. I don't have a shirt or anything, but I'm pretty sure nobody else will. Do you think you had your openers to high?

Hercule
01-28-2003, 07:40 PM
My starters were just about right. It was just a couple of stupid mistakes that hurt me. My next meet is on Feb. 8th. It is the qualifying meet for Regionals. Good luck man.

bradley
01-29-2003, 02:59 AM
Have you used your shirt and suit to test your maxes?

Hercule
01-29-2003, 07:00 PM
Bradley,
I went up to the school for the bench shirt, and it is just too small. The sad reality of it is, I won't be able to get another shirt before the 8th, which is when qualifying meet for Regionals is. THe suit I havn't maxed out in, but I can get it on. I will probably max sometime next week. THe suit is Double Ply Inzer Champion. The squat is by far my weakest lift, so I hope to use this in order to balance things out. I will shoot for a 250 raw at the meet, so I will really bust it Friday, and monday when I bench.

Hercule
01-29-2003, 07:08 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Wednesday. I made a freakin 80 on my Geometry test, lowest grade all year. I am pissed too because tests count as 75% of our average. Hopefully he will throw in a curve on this grade. Here is my workout for tonight.

Power Cleans: 135X10 155X7 170X5 185X2 205X1!! 215X0

Dang. This is the first time I have done these in the past 3-4 months. The 205 was a MAJOR PR! I almost had 215, but I just didn't have much left. I will shoot for 225 soon. These were a great warmup to get the blood flowin for squats.

Squats: 225X8 250X2 280X1

Pretty good session. I think the powercleans sapped a good deal of power and energy from me. I was seein red on the 8th rep of 225. 280 was nice and explosive, but it started to stick about halfway up, but I got through it none the less.

SLDL: 235X7/5/3

These were killer. My hams and lowerback were just slaughtered.

Leg Curls: 35X8/8

These sucked MAJOR! MY hams are pretty week, and need to be strengthened A LOT. I got a good burn.

Jump Squats: 95X12

I did these until I couldn't possibly get out of the whole. These were pretty hard. ON the 11th one, the bar went up and foward, and I was wearing a chain necklace, and it totally dug in and sliced up the back of my neck....white T-shirt didn't look so good.

Thats all for today.

Peace out.

DK
01-30-2003, 02:41 PM
Your lowest grade in Geometry was a 80! Mine had to be in the 50's or 40's. I took that class last year. The only thing that kept my grade up was daily work. I always failed the tests.

Hercule
01-30-2003, 04:38 PM
Heh good news though. He threw in a 15point curve, and I have a 95 on that test. I made a 105 on the last test, so my average for the 3 week report is a 100 in there:).

MonStar
01-31-2003, 10:23 AM
Good job on the power cleans Herc!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Saturday Fever
01-31-2003, 10:33 AM
If your squats feel weak, you should reread Dave Tate's squatting articles. There is always a bit of information in them that you missed before that will help you out.

Hercule
02-01-2003, 03:30 PM
Hey guys,
today is Saturday. It is a Beeeeeeeutiful day in Northeastern Texas. I had a great workout. I also have a really bad headache right now:(.

Suspended Good Mornings:
45X3 65X3 95X3 115X3 125X3 135X3 145X3 155X3 175X3 185X1 205X0

GOOD LORD!! These were hell. I think these are gonna be on my list of great exercises now. I started out light to get the movement down and slowly worked my way up. It really started getting hard around 155, and 175 was horrible. It took 4 attempts to get 185 up once. I shouldn't have even tried 205, but I did, to no avail.

Pull ups, palms facing away: 2X6 ASSISTED

Both sets and all reps were assisted by my dad, LoL. It is so sad that I can't even do one pull up by myself. I got some good lat stimulation though.

Hang Cleans: 165X6/6/6

These were hard. For some reason my grip was kind of weak today, and the bar nearly came out on the 2nd and 3rd sets. Good work though.

Dimel Deads: 165X15/12/12

These were very nice and fast. I dropped the reps on the 2nd and 3rd set because I started slowing down a lot, and I wanted to make sure the whole set was explosive. I got a REAL good burn in my Hamstrings.

Leg Curls: 35lbsX12/10

And these finished off what was left of my hamstrings. I tried a third set, but couldn't even do one rep. I had to lay on the bench for 2 minutes, then limp to the door.

This was a good workout. I really got a lot worked. I will work out 2 more times before Saturday. I will Bench press on monday, and do squats/deads on Tuesday, then take WEd, thursday, and friday off, then the qualifying meet is on Saturday. Thats all for today.

Peace out.

Robert
02-01-2003, 07:34 PM
Hey Hercule, i gotta say, i like reading your training diarys mate, very inspireing indeed. I might make up my own one to. Not sure if anyone will be interested in reading it, feel like i've made some enemies here but hey, it will be good to keep track of my progress. Good luck with your meet. I'll be rooting for ya.

Robert

Hercule
02-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Robert,
Thanks for the post man. I really appreciate it. You should start a journal, I for one would be interested to read it. Thanks again man.

Hercule
02-02-2003, 12:42 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Sunday. Another beautiful day. THe sun is out and the wind is just right. GOt a compliment on how big and good I am looking from a girl at my church that is fine as hell. I have some MAJOR MAJOR DOMS in my Traps, lats, all over my back, and in my hamstrings. Those Suspended Good AM's really did some damage. Great exercise:).

Peace out.

MonStar
02-02-2003, 12:45 PM
Suspended GMs are a great exercise arent they man? Gotta love 'em.

DK
02-02-2003, 04:44 PM
Hey Herc, How do you perform suspended Good AM's? Do you need a rack? I would really like to start incorporating Good Am's into my routine. I really just don't feel safe doin them without a rack.

Hercule
02-02-2003, 07:20 PM
Yes, you would definately need a rack to do suspended good AM's. Or you could get like 2 sawhorses and set them up like that, or anything similar to that.

Hercule
02-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Dang, had to dig this out. TOday is Tuesday. Great day. I benched yesterday, nuthin special. 225X3 240X1 205X5 235X1 135X8, then I did some shoulder and tricep work. I squatted today. 225X8 235X7, both sets a good 4" below parallel. 300X1, this was about an inch below parallel, very easy. It is hard to believe how much difference going 4" past parallel makes compared to going to barely below parallel. Tommorow, I will do some speed singles on DL, and some back work. THen, I will take Thursday and Friday off, then I have a major powerlifting meet on thursday. I honestly do not think i will make regionals this year. A local 4A highschool will be competing just to show off. Superfreak of our town, Darius F., will be there. He is in teh 181 class, and he totals 1305, and he deadlifts a whopping 6 plates a side(585). He is a senior in high school, and is playing football for the University of New Mexico next year. Thats all for today.

Peace out.

Coke
02-07-2003, 09:14 AM
Man you are Hercule at your age - that is good work. Keep it up and in a couple of years I can't imagine where you will be. :D

Hercule
02-07-2003, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the post cocoa, I appreciate it a lot.

Tommorow is the big day. Here are my openers and attempts:

Squat: 300/320/340
Bench: 225/235/245
Deadlift: 330/360/390

Wish me luck guys:).

Saturday Fever
02-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Good luck.

MonStar
02-07-2003, 04:34 PM
Good luck Herc!! :thumbup::thumbup:

DK
02-07-2003, 05:01 PM
Good luck Herc. I'm looking forward to see the results. Hope you hit those big lifts.

Hercule
02-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Hey guys,
WEll after my powerlifting meet yesterday(results can be seen in the Competiors Arena), I have decided to change routines. So now, I am hittin it WESTSIDE style. I will start with the basic 9 week program. I will follow it to a T, but I will also add some lifts too, and substitute for some I am unable to do, as of now. I believe that yesterdays meet was my last one, until this time next year, since I did not qualify for Regionals. My total this year was 925lbs. This was okay, and good enough to land me 3rd against 12 other schools. I plan on trying to stay in the 198's, and hopefully next year come back and claim first place. I have new goals set for this time next year:

Squat- 420 Bench Press- 320 Deadlift- 520 Powerclean-315

I believe that these goals are attainable and reasonable. I am hoping WESTIDE will get me there. I start my WESTSIDE training tommorow.

Peace out.

Silverback
02-09-2003, 04:04 PM
Congrats on the meet Hercule, just caught up with your journal after reading ur meet post. You seem extremely mature, not to mention strong for your age.

Did you hit puberty at 3?:D j/k god only knows what you will be lifting when your 20 (scary thought) when your hormone levels will be brimming.

Keep up the good work and also congrats on the test scores, you gotta remember school is important :)

later man:bow:

bradley
02-10-2003, 05:45 AM
Good luck with the new routine and congratulations on your meet. Sounds like you did good and I am sure you learned a lot. First place is yours next year;)

Coke
02-10-2003, 09:11 AM
You will get there Hercule - Congrats!:bow:

Hercule
02-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Monday. It was pretty cold today. Today is my first day of westside,and its pretty good. Here is my workout:

Wide Stance Good Mornings:
135X3 155X3 185X3 205X3 225X3 235X2

Wide stance seems to be harder than narrow stance. The 235 was pretty hard, and I should have kept going, but there was a LOT of strain in my lower back, and I was afraid I would hurt something if I kept going.

Glute-Ham Raises: 3X3

Dang, these are a HARD exercise. I set it up by putting my bench close to a wall, putting my knees on the bench, using the wall as a toe plate,and got my dad to hold my feet still. These were EXTREMELY hard. I felt these more in my upper hams and calves than anything. I will have to work on these.

SLDL: 220X7/6/6

Nothing spectacular here. Didn't really feel these anywhere in particular

Leg Curls: 40X8/7/8

Eh, these sucked. Didn't get a burn at all in my hams.

This in all was a bad workout. Starting off with my back botherin gme on the good mornings, then pretty much just being weak. Working out at 8PM really has an adverse affect on training. I will have to work out earlier on ME days.

Peace out.

MonStar
02-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Nice strength on the GMs man, keep up the hard work!

Hercule
02-11-2003, 03:13 PM
Thanks Monstar. But honestly, I think they sucked REALLY bad. I just felt a LOT of strain in my lower back, and I was afraid if I went any heavier, I might hurt something. I have some pretty good DOMS in my back today. I will probably shoot for 260X3 next week, because the 235 was REALLY easy.

Hercule
02-12-2003, 03:39 PM
Hey guys,
Today is Wednesday. Made a 100 on my geometry and IPC tests...YAY!! Its another beautiful day! Here is my workout:

2 Board Press- 165X3 185X3 205X3 225X3 230X2 235X1 240X0

Man, I don't know whats goin on! My best lift is slowly deteriorating to nothing. ONe of the MAJOR problems is my bar speed and explosive power. THey both need work. Maybe it will be better next week.

Skull Crushers- 75X10/8/8

High reps are killer. My triceps were REALLY burnin on these. My tricep strength has also decreased.

Tate Presses: 25lbs DB'sX8/8/8

These were different. Never done these before. It was good work. I think the dumbells were too light though. I got a REAL good burn in my triceps from these too.

One arm presses: 35lbs. DB'sX10/10

These finished off my triceps. I will probably have some major DOMS tommorow.

Hammer Curls: 35lbs. DB'sX8/7

Good work. Little weak though.

Thats all for today.

peace out.

Silverback
02-12-2003, 03:53 PM
Congrats once again on your test score, im not 100% familiar with the american education system but it sounds good to me;)

Regarding lifts not quite matching up to your PB, my only thought is that when you push a weight in competition; in your case 260 (bench) there are so many positive factors playing to your tune, i.e. arousal, preparation, pyschological awareness etc... but when in training you are taken down a peg or two.

This can be resolved but pb's are part of comps thats what makes them special. Try and focus use your brain a bit to bypass the barriers that exist, im sure that you will burst through with your ability:)

good luck mate,

B-R

Hercule
02-12-2003, 04:27 PM
Heh, thanks man. A 100 is the highest grade you can possibly make on a test here, unless there are bonus questions. Thanks for chimin in

Saturday Fever
02-12-2003, 06:09 PM
Take a look at your volume, and maybe drop it for a couple weeks. This might help with the bench plateau.

Hercule
02-12-2003, 08:11 PM
WHat changes would you suggest? I am doing the same reps as told on the Basic 9 week Training Program by Dave Tate. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hercule
02-15-2003, 01:09 PM
Little update. Last night, I spent the night with dusty, and ryan and jake spent the night with him too. We stayed up till 5AM and woke up at 9AM. 4 hours of sleep last night. We also orderd 8 large stuffed crust pizzas, and between the 4 of us, it was all gone within 45 mins. I also at a WHOLE BOX of Zebra cakes..good as hell. All in all, i got a WHOPPING 8500+ calories yesterday. Damn, I feel good now. I am gonna work out in about an hour. L8er.

Hercule
02-15-2003, 03:18 PM
Speed squats(no box): 155-10X2

These were great. Bar speed was nice and fast, very explosive. I wish i had a box, but I could not get one constructed in time. I will have one by next week.

Leg Curls: 50-3X8

Great burn in the hamstrings on all sets. Really concentrated and went slow for maximum effect.

One legged squats: 2X10(each leg) 70lbs.

These were pretty good. I got a good burn in the mid part of hams and lower glutes. Hard to keep balanced on these. I will move up the weight next week.

DB rows: 35's-4X6

Okay sets. I am really going to have to conentrate on my rowing strength, it really is pathetic.

BB Shrugs: 70-3X15

Great sets. Got a REALLY good burn in my traps. I will up the weight quite a bit next week, even though I got a good burn, I really wasn't struggling with the weight.

Tonight, I will do some plyometrics.

This was in all a pretty bad workout. Not that great. I hate DE effort days, it always feels like a waste of time. Oh well, hope to see some good results from it.

Peace out.

Silverback
02-15-2003, 03:24 PM
nice workout mate :)

i was a bit surprised at your db rows though, i mean you can dead 404, but db row only 35lbs 4 6reps, im sure with your ability and determination things will soon change.

8500+ cals woah! i dont think i have ever eaten that much in one go for a day, jesus i'd be spewing everywhere:(

l8r man

Robert
02-15-2003, 03:55 PM
One legged squats? Do you do these in a power rack or Smith Machine? don't these place too much strain on your knee joints?

Robert

Saturday Fever
02-15-2003, 04:40 PM
Calories are your friend. Try to sustain that intake for 7 weeks. :)

Hercule
02-15-2003, 07:15 PM
Big Ron- I know, my rows suck BAD! I have a big ass so that is the reason my deadlift is so high. I think strengthening my back will help my dead even more. Thanks for chiming in.

Robert- On a one legged squat, you place on foot on a bench, and just squat down with one leg. It puts a lot of the work onto the hams, quads, and glutes. I don't really like them though, I may not do them much longer.

Saturday Fever- Dude, you are crazy. I can't believe how much weight you have gained, and all the strength that has come with it! You are just turning into a freakin beast man. I think 8000 cals a day may not be a bad idea. Right now, I am on a bulk up to 220. I have a SLOW metabolism, 8000 calories a day would probably put me close to....300lbs. in about 3 weeks:).

Hercule
02-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Hey guys,
Very cold and rainy sunday. Got little sleep last night, so I took a 2 hour nap before working out.

Bench: 135- 10X3 (wide, medium, and close grip) 195X1

These were okay. I did all the sets very quickly, each set probably took about 4 seconds to complete. My speed really seemed to suffer on the wide grip. I believe I have found the reason for my sucky 2 board press strength, I noticed the bar slowing just a bit in the area in which I would stop on a 2 board press. The 195 was so-so, the rep wasn't quite as fast as I would have liked. Speed definately needs some work.

One arm OH DB presses: 35's-15/12/10

Ah, good sets. Nice burn in the ol' delts.

Standing DB side raises- 10's-3X8

Eh, okay. I don't know why my strength is so low on these, it was kind of embarassing.

Bent over DB side raises- 15's-3X8

These were pretty good. I don't why my strength is better when bent over. Nice sets though.

This workout was okay. It is just hard for me to get excited about what I have done on DE effort days. I thrive on the ME days. I am cutting back on the tricep work because I believe overtrained triceps may be the cause of my decline in bench strength.

Peace out.

Hercule
02-20-2003, 10:45 AM
Hey guys,
Today is Thursday. I am sad to say that I quit Westside training. I don't have access to anything other than a bench and a squat rack right now, so I will just quit Westside until the summer when I join a gym. I have started a new routine. I have gotten kind of tired of powerlifting routines, so i am doing a Powerlifting/Bodybuilding/Olympic lifting hybrid routine.

Bench PRess- 190X5/5/5/4/3

Ah, good sets. I havn't done 5X5 in a while, so it was pretty brutal. I did 5 reps on all of the sets, but on the last 2 sets, the last one(s) were assisted.

INcline Press- 135X5/5

Yeh, I know these sucked. I havn't done incline presses in over 9 months, since I graduated from 8th grade. Really hit my front delts hard.

Close Grip Bench presses- 115X6/5/6

Okay sets since I have never done them before. I didn't really feel that much tricep stimulation though.

Front plate raises- 35X8/8

Pretty good sets.

I did this workout yesterday, and my front delts are absolutely KILLING me. Tommorow is squat(leg) day.

Peace out.

MonStar
02-20-2003, 12:52 PM
Sucks to hear that youre not doing Westside anymore Herc, oh well. Good luck with your training.

Coke
02-21-2003, 07:41 AM
Thats cool as long as you don't quit altogether - it would be a waste if you stopped working out.

Robert
02-21-2003, 09:41 AM
Hey mate, remember to keep your elbows in close to your body when you do the close-grips. If you already then sorry but it is still good to hear from other people now and then. That way you never forget, ha,ha!

Another wee tip i've found is to place your thumbs up over the bar when you do the close-grips. For me i feel it more in my triceps when i do this. try it and see if it works. Either that or you could do reverse close-grip bench presses. For some people this works better.

Good luck with your training mate, keep it up.

Robert

MonStar
02-21-2003, 10:09 AM
Agree with Robert, keep your elbows pinned against your sides during CGs. That will really help. I dont know about thumbs over the bar, thats a personal preference type of thing if you ask me.

Hercule
02-21-2003, 08:33 PM
Robert- Thanks for chiming in. I always keep my elbows in, even on regular bench presses.

Cocao- Don't worry man. I wouldn't dream of quitting weightlifting!!

Olympic Squats: 135X8 185X5 225X5 260X1

Man, these suck. I am used to a stance wide enough to drive a small car through, but there was only about 5 inches between my feet on these babies. I also went absolute Rock bottom on these.

Leg Presses: 325X10/12/10

Pretty good sets. I havn't done these in......forever. I will probably up the weight quite a bit next time.

Leg Extensions: 135X15/15/15

.........no words. To painful to even speak. I havn't done leg extensions EVER. These were so painful, it wasn't even funny. This is the First quad work I have EVER done.

Leg Curls: 70X15/12/13

Same here. MUCH pain.

Seated calf raises: 225X30/25/25

Burning, much burning.

This was a GREAT leg workout. I have never worked my quads at all, so it was a rude awakening. I couldn't bend my legs for 30 minutes after this workout. If I bent them at all, I dropped like a rock, LoL. I will probably have some MAJOR MAJOR DOMS tommorow. I think I will realy work on building up my quads for the next few months, I have a 23.5 inch quad, btu after this workotu, they were almost 27". I would really like a nice pair of 17.5" calves and 27" quads for this summer.

A Little pondering- Ever since I found this sight, I decided I wanted to be a powerlifter. It has been fun, and i will continue powerlifting. I have a big frame, wide shoulders, and a LOT of shape to carve. For the next 6 months, I think I will conentrate on Bodybuilding. After that 6 months, I will go back to powerlifting. I think putting on a LOT of mass by bodybuilding will help my powerlifting as well. Gimme your thoughts on this.

General Comments- Tonight me and some friends went to the movies to see Shanghai Nights. I would give a review, but we got kicked out. Firstly, I grabbed one of the ticket dudes stamps out of his booth. Then, I grabbed one of the other goon's clipboards and ran into the movie with it, LoL. Anyways, after about 10 minutes, this dude taps me on the shoulder, grabs me, and takes me into the hall. Then, 3 workers escort me out the doors. Then, I started a fight with some stupid Wigger who was kinda looking at me like he wanted to start somethin. Matt came out and stopped the fight though. Then, I called my dad, and now I am home. It was a pretty fun night, I just wish my girlfriend would get ungrounded, she made a C in Algebra 2.

Peace out.

MonStar
02-21-2003, 09:05 PM
Nice leg session Herc! Cant believe that you have never done leg extensions, theyre a good exercise if you ask me. Really blast the hell of your friggin' quads.

Hercule
02-22-2003, 09:17 AM
Tell me about it monstar, I got out of bed this morning, and as soon as I stood up, I fell right back down, LOL! My quads are sore as hell today. Today is Shoulder/Arm day. I am going up to the local highschool to watch a powerlifting meet. It is going to be huge with a lot of big schools and insane powerlifters there. Can't wait.

DK
02-22-2003, 01:23 PM
Hey Herc, Hope you have good luck with your new style of training. Also, Shanghai Nights is a really good movie you should go back and see it. I saw it last night probably one of the most funny movies I've seen in awhile. Jackie Chan just cracks me up.

Hercule
02-22-2003, 02:56 PM
Hey guys,
Its a beautiful day here in NE Texas. THe meet I went to was insane. Darius was on fire today. He is in the 181's and he squatted 530, benched 270, and Deadlifted 600! He took home best lifter award. Anyways, on to my workout:

Standing OH Press: 115X6/5/5

Good sets. Shoulder strength is lagging a little bit though.

Seated OH DB press: 40'sX8/5/6

Good sets here. NIce burning around the shoulders.

BB curls: 100X2 70X8/5/4

Eh, who cares. I don't like BB curls. Okay sets I guess. I havn't done these in the longest.

Skullcrushers: 75X12/10

GOod sets here too. Got a nice burn on the last set.

Hammer Curls: 25'sX13/10

Good sets. Got a nice burn in the biceps.

This was a great workout. I will probably add some side raises next week.

I got a great pump from this workout. After the workout my arms measured......*drumroll*......17.2"! Very good, and I havn't had creatine in over 2 months, I think I will get back on it to get even more mass.

Thats all for today.

Peace out.

Hercule
02-23-2003, 03:08 PM
Hey guys,
I have started a new routine. I am forgetting the bodybuilder thing. I have started a Powerlifting/Olympic lifting hybrid. Here it is:

Monday-Monday:
Power Clean: 3X8
Deadlift: 5X5
High Pulls: 3X8
Explosive Shrugs: 3X12
BB Rows: 3X8

Wednesday-
Bench Press: 5X5
Incline Press: 3X8
Push Press: 3X8
JM presses: 3X5

Friday-
Snatch: 3X8
Squat: 5X5
Front Squat: 3X8
OverHead squats: 3X10
SLDL: 3X6

I will use this for 8 weeks. On the 4th week, I will change up and Olympic lifts, and put in some similar ones.

Peace out.

Hercule
02-24-2003, 07:45 PM
Hey guys,
Dang, it is freakin COLD outside. It was about 30 Degrees Farenheit in my garage.

Power Cleans: 160X8/7/8

Good sets. Nice and snappy. I really concentrated, on doing a good strong High pull, jump, and dip. I am not sure how low I should dip, but one of the coaches said to do a quarter squat. I only did 7 on the second set because I got distracted and kinda fell out of the groove.

Deadlifts: 300X5/5/4 205X5/5

OUCH! These about killed me, and I wasn't even halfway done with my workout. This is the first time in about 4 months I have deadlifted for reps. On the last set with 300, i got it halfway up, but I just could not lock out. I decided to do some speed sets with a low weight. They were VERY fast and explosive.

High Pulls: 95X8/8/8

I don't know if I am doing these right. I held it in hang clean position and kind of stood up on my tippy toes to get the leg drive, it appears that is what he is doing in the link in the OL section.

BB Shrugs: 140X12/12/12

These were a waste of time. They were far to easy, but I couldn't up the weight because my back was just gone from the powercleans and DL's. Any more weight would have just killed my back for good.

Bentover BB rows: 45X10 65X8/8

Go ahead, Laugh. I have never done a bentover BB row, and I have incredibly week lats. I hope to change that soon though, because these were just pathetic. I did get some good lat contractions though.

If I don't get anything from this workout, I know of 2 things I will get. A back that is stronger than hell, and a vice like grip. It was a pretty good workout. L8er

Hercule
02-26-2003, 06:45 PM
Man, it was even colder today. The cool lizard thermometer read 26degrees.

Bench Press: 190X5/5/5/5/5

POW! Got all five sets with 5 reps. The last 2 reps of the last set were extremely hard. Next week, I will move up to 200lbs to workout with.

INcline Press: 135X6/5/5

These were better than last week. This movement feel so weird! This is my second time to do this exercise.

JM Presses: 135X4 125X5/5

Here we go baby! Skull crushers seemed to stop working my triceps good, this is what I needed. My triceps were totally murdered for the first time in forever. I have never done these before, but I will definately keep doing them.

Push Presses: 120X6/6 135X2

I should have done these before the JM presses because my triceps were to tired to lock out on these. Next time Iwill do these first.

Pretty good workout aside from the chilling cold.

bradley
02-27-2003, 03:09 AM
Nice workout Herc. Do you mind describing how you perform a JM press or have a link that describes it. Thanks in advance.

MonStar
02-27-2003, 07:59 AM
Nice bench strength Herc!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Overall workout looks so similar to Westside, youre going to have no problem making the change.

Robert
03-06-2003, 04:24 AM
I like the new routine Hercule. That should add some power and mass to your body. I might give the powercleans a try again. Have only done them a few times. Reg Park swears by them to be one of the best exercises to develope raw power. Nice arm size by the way. Do you wana reach 20 inch arms some day? That would be cool. Keep training hard mate,

Robert

Hercule
03-08-2003, 02:34 PM
Well guys, I am tired of this olympic squatting crap. I am tired of this routine so far. I am now giong to do a full powerlifting routine with a few OL movements in it. Here's my new routine:

Monday:
Power Cleans: 3X3-5
Deadlift- Work up to 1 RM max every week until progress stalls.
High Pulls: 3X6
Zerchers: 3X8
Leg Curls: 3X10

Wednesday:
Bench Press: Work up to 1 RM max every week until progess stalls.
Rows: 3X6
Standing OH press: 3X6
JM Presses: 3X5

Friday:
Squats- Work up to 1 RM max ever week until progress stalls.
Hang Cleans: 3X6
SLDL: 3X6
Leg Curls: 3X8

Sat:
Speed Bench: 10X3 w/ 50% of max
Lying DB Tricep Extensions: 3X10
Hammer Curls: 3X8

All lifts will be performed PL style.

DK
03-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Hey Hercule. I hope you can stick with this routine for awhile. What was wrong with Westside? Did you just not have the equipment?

The routine looks good. If I was you I would do box squats one of the days instead of two max effort days. Good Luck.

Hercule
03-08-2003, 07:36 PM
Hey man, yeh, I just didnt have the stuff for westside. I also think I am too new to lifting to do it. 8 months isn't a long time. I am still learning and practicing form on all my lifts. I know that my routine may be a bit much. I will try it out. I will do it until I stop gaining, then take a week off and go back to 5X5.

Hercule
03-11-2003, 02:20 PM
Hey guys,
Beautiful day today. Totally enjoying spring Break.

PowerCleans: 135X5 175X3(2)

Jus getting warmed up for the deadlifts.

Deadlifts: 135X8 225X5 315X3 360X1 390X0 300X5 225X8

These sucked. 360 was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I should have had 390, but I think I just spent too much on the Powercleans and the preceding sets of my deadlifts. I am also not used to lifting real heavy on deadlifts.

Bentover Overhand BB Rows: 75X10(3)

Easy sets. My lats are really exploding. I will move up to 100lbs. next week. I tried some underhand rows but I felt them too much in my biceps and not my lats.

Leg Curls: 35X12 60X8 50X10

GOod sets. My hams have really gotten weak from doing no direct work to them in a while.

Zerchers: 45X10 95X10 130X10

Weird. These hurt my elbows. THe weight was MUCH too light. I felt these in my hams a lot. I will get some of those elbow cover thingies and really move up the weight A LOT.

This workout was Okay. The deadlifts kinda discouraged me, but I plan on it being better next week.

Peace out.

MonStar
03-12-2003, 09:55 PM
Nice sets of power cleans Herc, I am seriously thinking about giving them a shot tomorrow during my ME squat/deadlift session. Havnt done them in YEARS, lol.

Good overall workout man, impressive weights.

Hercule
03-14-2003, 06:43 PM
Hey guys,
Great day today. Spring break is almost over. Had a good workout today.

Bench Press:
135X10
185X8
205X5
225X2.5
240X1
250X1
185X6

Nice, very nice. The 250 had finger tip assistance. The 225 I got all 3 times buy my dad says he helped me some, so only 2.5 reps.

Standing OH Press: 115X7/6/6

Good sets. NIce burn in shoulders and traps.

Dips: BWX6/4/4

Havn't done these in quite a while. Pecs were blown up after these.

JM Presses: 135X6 115X8/8

FIrst set was very well. Tried a second, set couldn't do one rep, so I dropped the weight.

GOod workout. Very impressed with myself.

Peace out.

Hercules Biatch
03-14-2003, 07:46 PM
Yes, master Hercule, I am yo biatch i am here to serve you until death do us part!

( I am his friend so try not to ban me, i am here to make this a much more interesting Journal for Hercule! )

Hercule
03-14-2003, 07:48 PM
LMAO!!!

Hercule
03-15-2003, 02:25 PM
Great day today. Had a great workout.

Box Squats:
45X10
135X10
225X8
275X4
310X1
335XMiss

POW! Great box squats. I had my dad read all the articles on box squatting at elitefts and he watched my form. I wasn't going back far enough on the box. My shins were perpindicular, but not past, so its all cool. I will just concentrate more on form next week. 310 was quite a struggle. I knew I wouldn't get 335, but I wanted to try. I think I sat on the box a little to long, and I also didn't push my knees out.

SLDL:
225X10/8/7

GOod SLDL. Really killed my lower back and hamstrings. Moving up to 250 next week.

Lying Leg Curls:
60X8 50X10/10

Good work on the hamstrings.

Thats all for today. I will be getting a GHR in about a month, which I will use for assistance on both Squat and Deadlift day.

Peace out.

Hercules Biatch
03-15-2003, 02:47 PM
Omg Massah Hercule, how can you be so strong?! Aww...I am so glad I am your Biatch, what would I do if I wasn't Hercules Biatch?
"POW! Great box squats" OMG!! SO STRONG!! I LOVE YOUR HAMMYS!! And btw you way 213 now, :- ). I love my Hercule.

Hercule
03-15-2003, 02:51 PM
Hahahaha.

DK
03-15-2003, 07:25 PM
Great Job on the Box Squats Herc! Your routine looks good.

I'm gonna have access to power racks for the first time ever this week. It is about time.

Hercule
03-15-2003, 07:42 PM
DKLiewer- Thanks for the support man. Its very appreciated. I really surprised myself. I don't know where all the strength came from, must be from the cell tech:evillaugh. My box is 14" high, which puts me at 1-2" below parallel. I will shoot for 335 again next week and hopefully get it. I really concentrated on sitting back far, and 'flexing' off the box. Once again, thanks for chiming in man.

Hercule
03-15-2003, 07:49 PM
Side note- I worked for my grandfather, and after buying some other useless stuff, I am going to buy some bands. I hope to get them soon and implement them into my training. I have about $50 dollars left which will be spent on the bands. I am also gettinga Glute-Ham Raise machine for my birthday. I hope it really boosts my squat and dead.

Hercules Biatch
03-15-2003, 07:50 PM
I will help you with that shiznat my Massah.

Hercule
03-15-2003, 09:02 PM
Another Side NOte- Bulking is almost over. I just weighed and I am 215. When I get to 220, I will maintain that for about a month, then proceed to do some sled dragging to lose weight for summer.

Hercules Biatch
03-16-2003, 12:11 PM
Alrighty you guyzez i got a pic of Hercule and his EX! I wonder if I should post it? :rolleyes: Welp, I am working out nows, to be like my big Hercule. If he tells me I can post the pic...thats kinda blurry then I will put it up on here!
:whip:

Hercule
03-16-2003, 12:17 PM
Nah, don't post it. I will have some film developed by tommorow. THere are a few pics from the meet, and just some others of me. I will have them up by Tuesday at the latest.

MonStar
03-16-2003, 12:23 PM
Nice box squatting strength Herc, really really impressed with your strength there. And idea how high the box is?

Hercule
03-16-2003, 12:35 PM
Monstar- Thanks for the post man. Means a lot. Yeh, I really surprised myself too. The box is like 13.5 inches high which puts me at a good 2" below parallel.

Hercules Biatch
03-16-2003, 01:39 PM
OK GUYS!
I had a great workout today!!
I did 10 CURLS!!
I did 20 POWER CLEANS!!
:clap:.. :help:

Hercule
03-16-2003, 02:00 PM
LOL, start your own journal, biatch

Hercule
03-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Man, got some DOMS in my Pecs, Lats, lower back, hams, and glutes. Great feeling:).

I just ordered 2 mini bands from elitefts.com. They should be here by Thursday or Friday.

Hercule
03-16-2003, 08:04 PM
Hey, whats the deal at elitefts? I tried like a million times to order my bands but it keeps saying PROCESSING ERROR. WHats the deal?

Hercules Biatch
03-16-2003, 08:06 PM
if there was a pause after you pressed the very last button to order them...your internet is more than likely too slow. :( Cuz my net used to do that until i got a faster connection :eek:

ectx
03-17-2003, 12:07 AM
Dang you're a strong kid. Must be from Texas. ;)

MonStar
03-17-2003, 01:04 AM
LOL, so whatsup with this Hercules Biatch guy Hercule? I am confused about the whole thing, I am guessing that its your friend posting here at WBB or what?

Hercule
03-17-2003, 08:26 AM
He is my cousin/friend. He just got bored over Spring Break. He may start working out to be come strong like me :D.

Coke
03-17-2003, 09:10 AM
Hi Hercule, Have that cuz Hercules Biatch guy start his own journal in here :D

Hercule
03-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Kinda rainy today. LONG day at school. Had a GREAT workout though.

PowerCleans:
135X6
185X3
205X1

Good sets here. The 205 was pretty hard and I almost got it out too far in front of me and lost it.

Deadlifts:
135X10
225X8
315X5
370X1
405X0
390X1
300X8
225X15

Wow, great sets here. I really impressed myself. I don't know why I couldn't get the 405. I couldn't even get it off the ground. I did get 390 though, So I am pretty happy. The 225X15 was a good note to end on, I prolly could have gotten 5 more reps, but I just ran out of breath. I nearly collapsed after it.

Bentover BB Rows: 95X9/8/7

Good sets. My lats are really coming along now.

Zerchers: 135X8 185X5 225X2

I kinda like these. If my back wasn't so murdered, I would have liked em even better. The 225 was hard getting of the pins.

Leg Curls: 60X10/8/8

Finished of the hams.

Thats all for today.

Peace out.

Hercule
03-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Hey guys. Nothin much going on today. No DOMS, which is weird considering how murdered my back was yesterday. My calorie and protein intake has been really good lately. Thats all for today. Tommorow is Bench day.

Peace out.

MonStar
03-19-2003, 06:09 PM
Nice job on the deadlifts Hercule, really impressive man. Sucks you couldnt hit 405, but its all good man. Maybe next time. Mindset might have been off.

Alke
03-19-2003, 06:39 PM
Sweeet DL man!, I cant believe your 14, your one strong mutha! Like I said in my journal, lotta talent on the WBB!!

Ill have to check out your whole journal when I get more time....Keep it up, really impressive!

Hercule
03-19-2003, 08:17 PM
Monstar- Thanks for posting man. Yeh, I don't know what was going on. I should have had 405. I can do 415 suited. One thing I did notice though, was that I wasn't really leaning back, and using leverage. I will work on my form a little next week. Once again, thanks for the post, very appreciated.

Kenn- Hey man. Thanks for the compliments. My DL is okay, it could be better, but i have short arms, so I am not really built to deadlift. Thanks for chimin in, i really appreciate it.

MonStar
03-19-2003, 08:18 PM
Herc, no problem man. I still really REALLY recommend that you go Westside sooner, rather than later. The program has proven itself again and again and again. I just think you should take advantage of it while youre young. I cant believe I didnt stumble upon it until I was 19.

Hercule
03-19-2003, 08:32 PM
Monstar- Westside is a great program. I am get GHR for my B-day, and I will be ordering some bands soon. I will start it this summer. I can only hope to get gains like you man.

Hercules Biatch
03-21-2003, 03:53 PM
UIL = CRAP

Hercule
03-24-2003, 02:10 PM
I am at school right now. My computer at home has been down since Friday. My modem was messing up, so I removed it. I was reinstalling it, and a message came up saying that I needed the "Windows modem installation disc". Well, I have lost the one that came with the computer, so today, My mom is going to try and get one from her work's computer guy. Here is my bench workout from Friday:

Bench Press:
135X10
185X8
205X6
225X3
255X1
185X6
135X10

POW! Excellent benching. The 3 reps of 225 were all solid. I totally smoked 255, i stalled for a couple of seconds half way up, but other than that was smooth sailing. I tried 275,but I just didn't have anything left.

35lbs DB Flyes:

Good sets. I replaced dips with these because I just coulnd't do any dips after the great bench sets.

Standing OH Presses:
115X8/8

Good sets. I will move up to 135 next week.

JM Presses:
135X10
135X7

Good sets. Killed my triceps. I will move up to 160 next week.

Here is my workout from Saturday:

Box Squats:
45X10
135X10
225X8
280X2
305X1
225X5

These sucked. 280 and 305 felt like a freakin ton. I just wasn't on today. I need to get at least 320-330 next week for a single.
Very dissapointing.

SLDL:
255X10
275X8

Good sets here. Really killed the lower back and hams.

Leg Curls:
70X10
70X8

This was a bad workout. The box squats sucked really bad. Gotta get em up quick if I am going to do 350 by May 1st.

Peace out.

Hercule
03-24-2003, 06:53 PM
Just wanted to announce my computer is back up and and running. Its all fixed now. L8er.

Hercules Biatch
03-25-2003, 04:28 PM
I bet HERCULE cant wait till saturday!! :hump:

Hercule
03-25-2003, 04:32 PM
Rainy day today. Severe storm warnings. Great workout

Powercleans:
135X5
185X3
215X1!!

Hell yeh baby. 15lbs. PR. Very good. Back had a little to much lean in it, but its alright. VERY VERY happy.

Deadlifts:
135X5
225X5
315X3
395X1
405X1

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT sets. Man, I can't believe it. I finally got a COMPLETELY RAW 405! No belt, no chalk, no nothin, jus me and 405lbs. Man, this made my day.

Bentover BB Rows:
115X7
115X6
115X5

Heck yeh. My lats are just blowin up. INcreased the weight by 45lbs in the past 3 weeks. VERY happy. I noticed my lats are lookin really big now.

SLDL/High Pull:
130X10
130X10

Good sets. ON these I basically just did a SLDL, then when I got to my waist I exploded up on my toes and brought the bar to my chin.

I attribute the Deadlifts to the AWESOME SLDL I did on Saturday. One thing I noticed, is just how short my arms are. When I lock out, the bar is like 2" below my waistline.

Peace out.

MonStar
03-25-2003, 05:58 PM
Some really awesome strength Hercule, talk about impressive. Power cleans look friggin' intense, way to go with 215 man. Nice work. 4 plates on deadlifts is also great. Keep up the hard work man.

Hercule
03-25-2003, 06:43 PM
Monstar- Thanks for the post man. The Powercleans were just awesome. The 215 felt great when I racked it. I couldn't believe the 405 either. One thing that I know helped was I put it on, the went inside and got a drink, then did a few jumps just to get the muscles ready, then just went to the bar, didn't think about and just jerked as hard as I could. I stood there with it for abotu 10 seconds just admiring it. I just wish my arms were longer so the lockout wouldn't be be at my waist. Once again, thanks for posting man.

Hercule
03-26-2003, 07:54 PM
Had a spring in my step today after hitting 405 yesterday. I still can't believe it. My back is kinda sore today. Hamstrings, oddly enough, are a little sore, even though I didn't do much of anything to them yesterday. Tommorow is bench day.

Peace out.

Alke
03-26-2003, 08:38 PM
awesome lifts there! 405 DL is great!

So do you think it is better to use a belt, I have never used a belt on any of my lifts but was thinking maybe I should on my heavier lifts? Have you always used a belt then?

Hercule
03-27-2003, 02:04 PM
Kenn- Thanks for the post man. I don't ever use a belt unless I am doing heavy squats. I don't see how on earth a belt can help when deadlifting. Thanks for the reply man.

Hercules Biatch
03-27-2003, 02:31 PM
me either...someone explain NOW DAMNIT!!! :hump:

Hercule
03-27-2003, 05:25 PM
Great day today. Great workout too.

Bench Press:
135X10
185X8
205X6
225X3.5
260X1!!
205X4
135X10

GREAT sets here. I ALMOST had the 4th rep with 225, btu I lost it at abotu 5" from lockout.

Dips:
BWX8
BWX7
BWX6

Good sets here. When I get 3X10, I will add some weight.

Standing OH Press:
125X7
125X7
125X5

Good sets. Next week, I will move up to 135.

JM Presses:
190X3!
165X8

Good sets here. Really happy with the triple with 190.

Great workout. Not really that intense cuz I was doing my geometry homework between sets.

Peace out.

Alke
03-28-2003, 03:48 PM
lookin good! Nice chest session!

(3.5) I hate it when you go for one more rep, and the weight starts to go up, then you realize that it ain't going up anymore! I have done that where you know you should be able to get another rep, then you lose steam outa nowhere......

Ironman8
03-28-2003, 03:55 PM
Hercule, you are truly inspiring man. I am shuddering while reading your journal. I am also 14, and my stats aren't even close to yours. Also, I see we have some things in common. We both like anime, wrestling, eating(:D), and school. I am not very popular, and I don't have a girlfriend :(. But, oh well.

Anyways, I'll say this again, you are truly inspring :). I look forward to reading the rest of your journal. See ya!

P.S When will you get some pics up?

Hercule
03-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Kenn- Thanks for the post man. Yeh, it sucked really bad. I should have had the 4th rep. I must have lost focus or something because it was past my usual stickin poing. Oh well, maybe next time. Once again, thanks for posting.

Ironman8- Hey man! I had no idea you were the same age as me! Haha, you are right we do have a lot of things in common. What other Animes do you like? And don't worry man, poplularity isn't everything, I certainly am not Mr. Popularity, but then again I have my fair share of friends. I am also without a girlfriend, but its my fault, I shouldn't have cheated on her:(.

Ironman8
03-28-2003, 04:22 PM
Heh, I like every type of anime. Yu-Yu Hakusho is one of my favriotes also. I don't know why, but I didn't watch it when it was on Adult Swim, but I'm watching it on Toonami. I'll be getting the uncut tapes soon though.

I'm also like Cowboy Bebop. I'm looking forward to watching the movie when it comes to theater. What animes do you like or suggest? The weekend is coming up, and there's nothing like watching anime and eating everything you can get your hands on after a hard week of lifting :D.

P.S I also noticed we have another thing in common, our birthdays! Mine is on April 3rd, and yours, if I'm correct is April 16th, 2 weeks away from mine :). Hehheh, well, see you later!

Hercule
03-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Dude, same here, love almost every anime. One that I would definately recommend is Rurouni Kenshin which comes on right after YuYu Hakusho, but you probably already watch it. I like Cowboy Bebop too. I just wish they still had the Saturday night Adult swim, I can't stay up till 12 to watch Inuyasha and the such then wake up at 6:00AM. Back to the animes- OUtlaw Star, Tenchi muyo, and some others I can't think of right now. Well, Rurouni Kenshin is comin on. L8er.

ChrisH
03-28-2003, 04:37 PM
Holy **** 215lbs.
As I have said many many time before...
You beast!?

Hercule
03-28-2003, 04:50 PM
LMAO! Thanks for posting man. Yeh, I am packing on the pounds. I won't stop until I am about 225-230lbs.

Ironman8
03-28-2003, 04:59 PM
Wow! Are you gonna cut after that, or just maintain?

Hercule
03-28-2003, 05:07 PM
My orginal plans were to cut for the summer, but I am not to worried about that. I think I will maintain until November or December then start to cut, and try to get into either the 181's or 198's for powerlifting. I would really like to go to state next year. If I can get my goal of having a 1200-1300 total by February of next year, then I will probably get there.

Hercules Biatch
03-28-2003, 08:53 PM
w00t...it was fun last night ...huh rice? :)

(March 28, 2003 from 7:30-9:30) :hump:

Hercules Biatch
03-28-2003, 08:55 PM
Yeah, + I like the anime shows :D especially the fighting ones ..ooo yes...me likey likey :D

Hercule
03-28-2003, 09:52 PM
Yes, it was fun at the movies. YOu should have stayed longer, me and Kolt hit on 2 girls at the front. Peaches and HEather. Heather acted half way interested, maybe nex time:). Big Mike is on vacation,thats why he didn't kick me out again.

Hercules Biatch
03-28-2003, 10:06 PM
HAHAH, dude, can we go back to the movies tomorrow and watch bringing down the house?

Hercule
03-28-2003, 10:16 PM
WHy? So you can :hump: Kristen? LMAO!!! Only if Meagan can come:)

Hercule
03-29-2003, 02:41 PM
Beautiful day. My bro had a track meet. He got 3rd in High Jump, and his team got second in the 400 and 800 relay. I had the best workout ever today.

Box Squats:
135X12
225X10
275X6
315X2!!!!
335X1!!

BLAM! Hell yeh. I was on FIRE today. I totally smoked 315 both times. I was going to do more, but I did one rep and stopped on the box with 315 just to see how far I was sitting back, and I still not getting my shins past perpindicular, but they are staying perpindicular at least. I am going to shatter my goal of a 350 box squat.

Romanian DL's:
275X8
300X5
315X3

Good sets here. I am going to go for a 1RM next week. Killed myl lower back and hams.

Lying Leg Curls:
65X10
50X17
50X10

Finished off my hams good. They are on a major pump right now.

EXCELLENT workout. I couldn't be happier. A 335 box squat should put my regular squat around 360, according the Louie Simmons box squatting article.

Peace out.

Hercules Biatch
03-29-2003, 02:59 PM
:hide: I was on FIRE today

Hercule
03-29-2003, 03:38 PM
LoL, biatch. Spamming my journal...bust u up:). I want comments from actual weightlifters, LoL.

Ironman8
03-29-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Hercule
Box Squats:
135X12
225X10
275X6
315X2!!!!
335X1!!

Nice!! Congrats :thumbup:

ChrisH
03-29-2003, 05:43 PM
God damnit I can't wait until my gym gets a squat rack!
Nice lifts hercule...you beast! lol :o

Hercule
03-29-2003, 08:25 PM
Ironman8- Thanks man. Yeh, I was VERY pleased. I had strength to spare on the 335. I will shoot for a 350 or so next week, which I think is well within my grasp.

ChrisH- That sucks your gym doesn't have a squat rack...hell, its NOT a gym without a squat rack. LoL, i'm no beast, but I am trying to become one. Thanks for post man, I really appreciate it.

Ironman8
03-29-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Hercule
LoL, i'm no beast, but I am trying to become one.

LOL! Well, you're pretty damn close :). BTW, are you gonna watch Wrestlemania tommorow? I heard Goldberg makes his WWE debut.

Hercule
03-29-2003, 09:15 PM
I may do it. I havn't watched wrestling in forever. Goldberg has always been a favorite of mine, the Rock to. I absolutely HATE Stone Cold Steve austin..what an ass. BTW, did you watch Rurouni Kenshin yesteday?

Ironman8
03-29-2003, 09:43 PM
Ya, I watched Rurouni Kenshin yesterday. That ones villain's mask was absolutely awesome!

Hercules Biatch
03-30-2003, 11:25 AM
=O Goldberg is back :D yay...i like stone cold tho..he was pretty cool. He was always the beer badass person..who would also back his words up :offtopic:

Hercule
03-30-2003, 12:22 PM
Heh, yeh. I have been waitin for Kenshin to finally have a real challenge instead of some push over. Aoshi will give Kenshin and Sanozke quite a challenge it looks like. Can't wait till monday.

And, biatch, Stone cold is jus a stupid ass redneck.

Hercules Biatch
03-30-2003, 03:15 PM
dude, we are rednecks..

Hercule
03-30-2003, 03:44 PM
LMAO! Jus cuz we live in texas don't make us rednecks

Hercule
03-30-2003, 06:59 PM
Weighed 215 at lunch, on a completely empty stomach, I had not eaten since last night. I did some pushups, and a good bit of ab work. Thats all.

Peace out.

Ironman8
03-30-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Hercules Biatch
dude, we are rednecks..

LMAO!! Reminds me of Southpark :)

Hercule
03-31-2003, 07:52 PM
Just another monday. NOthing special. Very boring day. Felt pretty bad all day, still got a little head cold left over. TOmmorow is DL day. I am undecided as to whether I will attempt 415 or just do a few heavy sets with around 360-380.

Hercules Biatch
04-01-2003, 05:36 AM
you should atleast attempt it you lil weiner :D

Hercule
04-01-2003, 03:35 PM
I'll kick you ass, weiner....LoL

Hercule
04-01-2003, 03:37 PM
Back day.

Okay workout, kinda sucked though. Not really that motivated.

Sumo Deadlifts:
135X5(2)
225X5
315X5
370X3

Decided to go light today. last set wsa nice.

Conv. Deads:
315X5

No big deal.

Shrugs:
225X10(3)

SO what.

UPright BB Rows:
95X8(3)

Rah.

Sucky workout. Sucky day. Ready for dinner.

Peace out.

Hercules Biatch
04-01-2003, 06:14 PM
i bet you cant wait till friday :)

MonStar
04-01-2003, 06:17 PM
Nice workout Herc, deadlifting strength is awesome, even for going light. Keep up the hard work.

Hercule
04-01-2003, 06:30 PM
Monstar- Thanks man. I was just low on energy today for some reason. I don't know why either. This whole workout just sucked. Hoping for better next week. Once again, thanks for posting.

Hercule
04-01-2003, 08:00 PM
Since my birthday is in a few weeks, I am going to compare where I was last year, to where I am now.

A year ago/now

Height: 5'8"/5'10"
Weight: 160lbs/220lbs
Squat: 225lbs/350lbs.
Bench: 185lbs/270lbs.
Deadlift: 250lbs/410lbs.
Power Clean: 130lbs/220lbs

About 100+ pound increase on all lifts. Very nice.

Hercules Biatch
04-02-2003, 05:54 PM
The weight increase is going to be decreasing as you get bigger :o ...GET ON MSN RYAN!!!!!!!! >: )

Ironman8
04-02-2003, 06:24 PM
:thumbup:

Hercule
04-03-2003, 08:00 PM
I was going to work out tonight, but nobody was home to spot me:(. Good news though, I ordered a GHR today, which should be in right on time for my birthday. Can't wait to get it, very very excited. Ended up costing $200 with S/H and all that. My parents are payin for the whole thing, so pretty good deal.

Peace out.

Hercules Biatch
04-03-2003, 08:48 PM
GET ON MSN YOU F***ING GUY:disagree:

Hercule
04-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Beatiful Day today. Weekend is finally here.

TRAINING

Bench Press:
135X5 (2)
225X6.5!! :eek:
225X4
185X8

POW! HUGE PR for me on bench. Very, very happy.

Dips:
BWX6
BWX5
BWX4

Who cares. Dips are teh suck.

Standing OH Press:
135X5
135X3
135X4

Excellent, excellent sets. VERY happy. Hangin wit the big boys now, heh.

BB Pullovers:
80X7
80X7
80X4

Not sure what good these do. I felt them in my lats pretty good though, they were pretty tight afterwards.

JM Presses:
165X10
165X7

Pretty good. Triceps were already worn out from the OH Presses.

Added 12" ROM Push ups:
BWX7
BWX6
BWX3

Dang. These were pretty hard. That extra 12" was killer.

Excellent workout today, very happy.

DIET

Breakfast: N-Large
Lunch: Meat and cheese nachos, french fries, and a baked potato
Pre workout: 1/2 Serving Cell-Tech
Post workout: 1/2 Serving Cell-Tech, N-Large
Supper: 8OZ. Steak, Baked potato, Salad
Before Bed: Tuna

RANDOM THOUGHTS/COMMENTS

Pretty good day today. I notice a lot of things get on my nerves. For one, this stupid black girl named Tam-Maria. She is in the 11th grade, and I swear she is the bitchiest, gripiest person I have ever seen. I absolutely hate her. I also hate redneck hicks, wiggers(white people imitating blacks), and people older than me, but smaler than me who smart off. I can't stand it when some senior, who weighs a wopping 160lbs. tries to smart off to me, pick on me, or try to make me look like an idiot, when he and I both know that I could beat the hell out of him. (This is just a new part of my daily entry where I vent/rant about things that annoy me)

Peace out.

Hercules Biatch
04-04-2003, 04:38 PM
omg man, i know..that d*** annoying fat bi*ch. She needs to be slapped around a few times. I want to just walk up to her and yell at her in her face!!!!!!!

MonStar
04-04-2003, 06:16 PM
Bench Press:
135X5 (2)
225X6.5!! :eek:
225X4
185X8

Standing OH Press:
135X5
135X3
135X4

Nice job on the PBs Hercule! :thumbup::thumbup:

Looks like things are really working out well for you. 2 plates on each side for 6 is damn good. Keep smashing through your previous personal best's man.

Hercule
04-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Monstar- Thanks man for the post man. Yeh, it was crazy, I wasn't expecting more than 4 reps, but I just kept going. I almost ahd the 7th, but I just ran out of steam. I was also happy with the OH Presses. I would like to get 225 for 10 reps within the next few months, that would be freakin insane.

Hercule
04-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Well, tonight sucked. Mike was back from Spring Break, and was in a pissy mood tonight. I thought he would have forgotten about me, but NO. I was just standing outside the movies, waitin for Meagan to get there, and he says, I thought you were banned from the permises. Ryan(Hercule's Biatch), Cody, Kolt, and Aaron were with me. Anyways, I begged and pleaded and was extremely close to beatin the absolute hell out of him, but he threatened to call the cops if I didn't leave. So, me and Ryan just stayed outside the WHOLE 2 hours. Meagan watched some of the movie but she came outside and me and her went out to the back of the theater, until the movie was over, then me and my brother (aaron) went home. Thats all.

Hercule
04-04-2003, 09:18 PM
BTW, I wanted to go ninja on his @$$. Pull out my crowbar and beat him in his freakin Kneecaps..

Saturday Fever
04-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Behind the theater, eh? Get some nook or what?