PDA

View Full Version : Pizza

icanrace
12-01-2002, 04:49 PM
Does anyone else tend to break down every now & then & eat things like pizza? I do this maybe once or twice a week. Do you think that this kills my goal of building mass/muscle? I eat healthy for the most part, but I eat **** like this every now & then. :help:

PowerManDL
12-01-2002, 05:08 PM
Only once or twice a week?

Lizzie
12-01-2002, 05:10 PM
I think its ok to have a cheat day once in awhile as long as you remember moderation.

theSCHICK
12-01-2002, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I have a cheat day every friday...I'll eat two pieces for lunch

LAM
12-01-2002, 05:35 PM
definetly moderation when it comes to pizza...pizza causes a serious insulin response and can spike insulin for up to 6 hours if to much is consumed at once. pizza also stimulates LPL activity

Saint Patrick
12-01-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by LAM
definetly moderation when it comes to pizza...pizza causes a serious insulin response and can spike insulin for up to 6 hours if to much is consumed at once.

Is that from the High GI pizza dough?

goobermor
12-02-2002, 12:15 AM
i havent had pizza in about a year or so...being lactose intolerant is a beautiful thing ;) ...keeps me away from ice cream for the most part too

GonePostal
12-02-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by LAM
definetly moderation when it comes to pizza...pizza causes a serious insulin response and can spike insulin for up to 6 hours if to much is consumed at once. pizza also stimulates LPL activity

Lam how did you become so smart?? Always informative posts... Damn you must been one of those freaks that were born that way... I feel sorry for you....:)

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-02-2002, 07:33 AM
Any insulin release stimulates LPL activity.

LAM
12-02-2002, 01:00 PM
exactly...so the longer serum insulin levels remain elevated the greater the LPL acitivity. which equates to more fat storage. LPL regulates the movement of lipids across the cell membrane in adipocytes (fat cells)...

icanrace
12-02-2002, 01:03 PM
So is it totaly jackin my system up or what? I am new to all this insulin levels & LPL stuff. Sorry for being so green. :hello:

LAM
12-02-2002, 01:20 PM
No...it's just something that you have to be aware of. The key to controlling anabolic activity and the key to controlling body fat is by controlling insulin...

Silverback
12-02-2002, 01:35 PM
Some good posts there LAM, learned quite a few things, cheers, and keep it up

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-02-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by LAM
exactly...so the longer serum insulin levels remain elevated the greater the LPL acitivity. which equates to more fat storage. LPL regulates the movement of lipids across the cell membrane in adipocytes (fat cells)...

Yeah, so you can achieve the same effect with oats.

A lot of fat in pizza too, which may aid in slowing digestion a little more.

If we're talking a slice or two, providing he keeps tabs on overall calories and makes amendments to make them fit into the daily requirement, he can get away with it.

gettinjackT
12-02-2002, 08:57 PM
Anabolic activity and insulin levels........ How does this work? Uncontrolled insulin levels will slow muscle growth? I thought it just had to do with controlling fat.

YatesNightBlade
12-03-2002, 03:52 AM
If your trying to gain muscle go for it. I eat whatever I want (within reason) on a weekend, when Im not dieting.

Ritzol
12-03-2002, 09:58 AM
Oh man, have a pizza flavored cheese stick. It's a much healthier alternative and they are very good!

TxRebel
12-03-2002, 10:15 AM
thank god i dont like pizza

IceRgrrl
12-03-2002, 10:18 AM
You can always make pizza with very little or no cheese, thin crust (made with whole wheat flour if you're obsessive and/or ambitious), tomato sauce, and lots of veggies with maybe a little turkey sausage/pepperoni or chicken on it. Yummy and better for you than the greasy pizza you get from take-out.

mr_hand
12-03-2002, 11:59 AM
Did I see someone say they haven't eaten pizza in over a year. Damn. IMO if you are a pro -bb or model than I guess u have to be very cautious, but if not will a little pizza kill ya. Dont thinks so.

Silverback
12-03-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by mr_hand
Did I see someone say they haven't eaten pizza in over a year. Damn. IMO if you are a pro -bb or model than I guess u have to be very cautious, but if not will a little pizza kill ya. Dont thinks so.

I take it you've never seen a pro cheat! what a sight, forget two slices, try 2 whole pizzas! oh and not forgetting the cheesecake, dognuts, ice cream, steak, etc... They are animals, largely due to their larger than life bodies and metabolisms.

You are right about not eating pizza in a whole year thats a bit extreme, but maybe they dont like it, everyone is different.

B-R

NateDogg
12-03-2002, 01:36 PM
When I order pizza I almost always get it with half the regular cheese they put on it. I don't really feel like I am missing much.

bradley
12-03-2002, 02:19 PM
I heard someone post a to make yourself a mini-pizza out of a whole wheat pita with cheese tomato etc. Sounds like a healthy alternative to the greasy take out alternative.

Pup
12-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Yea...cut a whole wheat pita in half, toss on some sauce and non-fat/low fat cheese, perhaps some veggies, chicken works as well and bake...low fat pizza :)

Ti1301
12-06-2002, 02:45 AM
anchovies anyone?

nejar462
12-06-2002, 04:02 PM
hey i don't want to be a dickh*le or nething, but really I know plenty of athletic well built people who eat pizza and stuff a good amount, not daily but once a week or so, so it really won't make a huge difference eat ure pizza

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-06-2002, 06:46 PM
Yes, and those bastards have magic metabolisms. Not everyone does.

Vido
12-06-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Yes, and those bastards have magic metabolisms. Not everyone does.

:withstupi

Maki Riddington
12-06-2002, 06:58 PM
If it's homemade pizza then I say "sweet."

Berserker
12-07-2002, 10:44 AM
You got to lead an active lifestyle. Then you can eat alot more of things you shouldn't. Lifting 3-5 times a week to me isn't an active lifestyle. Unfortunately an active lifestyle is counter productive to weightlifting, cause you may not get enough rest. I'd still rather be active.

goobermor
12-07-2002, 11:13 AM
yeah mr_hand I know it sounds a bit extreme not to eat pizza in a year, but I rather eat a whole farm animal than a pizza if I'm going to cheat. Mmmm, whole yucatan chickens from alcopulco :drooling:
Atleast then I feel good knowing I've got my daily amount of protien in one meal...well that and I'm too full to think about anything else except passing out :cool:

Budiak
12-07-2002, 11:31 AM
I need one of these chickens, goober. BRING ME ONE!!!

*claps

Berserker
12-07-2002, 11:36 AM
When evert I go to a grocdery story and see the chickens on rotisary I want grab it and it like corn on the cob. Shaking drum sticks around like a barbarian. Throwing the bones over my shoulder. Just a fantasy of mine.

goobermor
12-07-2002, 12:18 PM
Just a fantasy? pfft! I did that yesterday at costco....you should really try it.

Budiak...I'm disappointed, only one chicken? :( , I should just drag you down to costco with me and we could setup shop at the rotisserie, I bet we could down about 3 or 4 of em!! Then a little bit of turkey and you'll be snoozing for about 8 hrs...enough sleep for the whole week!

Berserker
12-07-2002, 01:07 PM
:bow: :bow:

Budiak
12-07-2002, 01:26 PM
LETS GET IT ON!

I'll bring the steel reinforced rebar framed folding chairs.

YoBrickWall
12-07-2002, 06:09 PM
i always eat pizza once a week, even right up to the show. RIGHT JUS A PUP?

Bam Bam
12-07-2002, 06:16 PM
go for it it wont make you lose muscle i just ate a whole batch of cookies the label said something like 8 grams of fat at 18 servings per container (you know the refrigerated cookie dough you jsut slice and put in the oven) i go bonkers for weeks on end good thing is youll get tired of all this sugar and fat and it will make it easire to buckle down on your diet

BCC
12-07-2002, 06:20 PM
I had a dream last night where I ate so much pizza..it was sweet.

Majestic
12-07-2002, 08:58 PM
You can buy a small DiGiorno pizza and consume all 6 pieces, yet the calorie total is something like 950 calories. Not bad, especially for a splurge meal.

It's not gonna kill you, even you're a "6 meal a day" guy, to eat 4 meals, and then combine #5 and #6 in the form of a small DiGiorno once a week.

Not that I recommend it while cutting......

Put extra pepperonis on it, and give 2 of the slices to yer girl, and you're even better off.

InfinitePower
12-07-2002, 10:51 PM
Does Pizza have any benefits at all? Aside from the obvious great taste.

Budiak
12-08-2002, 05:21 AM
Lots of calories, plenty of fat!

Berserker
12-08-2002, 09:39 AM
I usually stay away from pizza cause its not high protein. Though I suppose a meat lovers got some. I don't think it will kill you once in awhile. Had some this week hungry at the bar. When I do its like a big treat. I eat it like a dog until I can't no more. I really don't like fast food anymore, maybe fries, but I still like pizza.

Steve Williams
12-16-2002, 09:03 PM
You need a cheat day once in a while.

Eat the pizza

Steve

AJ_11
12-16-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Berserker
I usually stay away from pizza cause its not high protein. Though I suppose a meat lovers got some. I don't think it will kill you once in awhile. Had some this week hungry at the bar. When I do its like a big treat. I eat it like a dog until I can't no more. I really don't like fast food anymore, maybe fries, but I still like pizza.

I have done that before. I don't eat out much but when it is put in front of my face I can't resist. I know it's bad for you and I know I am going to regret when I eat it, but at the time of eating it, Dam it taste good.

ToysRusKid
12-21-2002, 04:04 PM
man guys every meal isnt a science project. i guess forunately for me im always in weight gain mode, so i have no problem eating half a pizza.