PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this post w/o shake?



Saint Patrick
12-01-2002, 11:11 PM
I'm cutting now, and so I've stopped taking N-Large. Instead I'm using the following for post w/o:

40g Whey
25g Dextrose
5g Creatine

Also, I'm actually taking the dextrose in the form of candy right before I drink the shake. Thanks for the feedback.

BCC
12-01-2002, 11:58 PM
Why stop the N-Large?

Vido
12-02-2002, 12:02 AM
Unless you are trying to do a real low carb diet I would throw more dextrose in there or go back to the N Large. The typical post-workout shake has a carb/protein ratio of 2/1 or 3/1.

Saint Patrick
12-02-2002, 01:15 AM
Well I stopped taking the N-large cause I want to reduce overall cals for my cut. The candy packets are 25g each, and are basically pure dextrose. So if I'm taking 40g protein, then I should be taking more like 3 packets (75g) dextrose?


P.S. I'm not doing any sort of Keto or low carb diet, just reducing cals.

bradley
12-02-2002, 03:44 AM
Since you are just beginning your cut I would cut cals from other meals before cutting cals from my post workout shake.

AJ_11
12-02-2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by stpatrick44
Well I stopped taking the N-large cause I want to reduce overall cals for my cut. The candy packets are 25g each, and are basically pure dextrose. So if I'm taking 40g protein, then I should be taking more like 3 packets (75g) dextrose?


P.S. I'm not doing any sort of Keto or low carb diet, just reducing cals.

Wouldn't the body need to break/digest the candy down before it uses to refill glycogen levels. I would just put the dextrose in with the whey and the creatine.

Btw, did you start a journal for your cut or are you just winging it.

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-02-2002, 07:36 AM
Yeah, i agree, bit more dextrose.

You don't need to buy into all that 3:1 ratio stuff. Just get some dextrose and some protein.

LAM
12-02-2002, 05:33 PM
on a cut I think switching from N-Large is a plus. you want to ingest as little fructose as possible on a cut as it is more likely to be converted and stored as a fat than glucose based sugars...

Saint Patrick
12-02-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by AJ_11


Wouldn't the body need to break/digest the candy down before it uses to refill glycogen levels. I would just put the dextrose in with the whey and the creatine.

Btw, did you start a journal for your cut or are you just winging it.

I'm gonna start a journal soon, probably around new years, when I get serious. Right now, i'm just slowly dropping calories.
I just ordered a 11 pound bucket of pure dextrose powder, so I'll be just mixing it in with my shake.

the doc
12-02-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
Why stop the N-Large?

why would you take n-large, save your $$$ and buy some straight whey isolate, cocoa, and dextrose,

throw 2 scoops of each (whey and dextrose) and a teaspoon of dutch cocoa in a shaker and have at it!

YatesNightBlade
12-03-2002, 03:50 AM
I'd go for 75g of dextrose\glucose

pat s
12-07-2002, 07:14 PM
75g dextrose ***post workout is the time for an insulin spike especially taking creatine.other than that its identical to my mine "whey protein rules" use can mix it with a spoon

pat s
12-07-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by bradley
Since you are just beginning your cut I would cut cals from other meals before cutting cals from my post workout shake. good advice