PDA

View Full Version : Water

TheGame
12-02-2002, 04:24 PM
How much water should you consume in a day?

bradley
12-02-2002, 05:00 PM
I think the general rule is approx. 1 gallon per day, but more won't hurt you.

restless
12-02-2002, 06:01 PM
Just try to spread out your water intake troughout the day as much as possible, otherwise you'll piss most of it. It's also a good ideia to limit fluid intake a couple of hours before bed time. Waking up 3 or 4 times a night to piss is not a good thing.

Saint Patrick
12-02-2002, 08:36 PM
Water is good.

goobermor
12-02-2002, 08:38 PM
yep a gallon seems to be the norm...just carry around a water bottle and sip on it every now and then

Stray
12-02-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by stpatrick44
Water is good.

DEEP THOUGHTS
By StPatrick44

;)

Sootah
12-03-2002, 12:11 AM
Hydrate or die.

Ti1301
12-03-2002, 05:18 AM
ditto on the 1 gallon standard.

bigkevin20
12-03-2002, 08:50 AM
I don't drink enuff water!! For now on from this day forward I will drink a gallon a day. Will I notice any difference in any thing or just better health and going to the bathroom more often?

....Walks to the water cooler....

Jgirl
12-03-2002, 10:56 AM
Some guys at my gym actually carry a gallon of water with them. I call them gallon boys, and they are usually the prof. body builders.

goobermor
12-04-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by bigkevin20
Will I notice any difference in any thing or just better health and going to the bathroom more often?

haha yeah you'll go to the bathroom another 3 or 4 times in the day, and most other things beyond that will be suttle. thou i know some people that really need to down water before they lift or else their lifts suffer big time

LAM
12-04-2002, 09:02 PM
I would drink a minimum of 1 gal/day. you should drink even more on training days. keeping yourself hydrated inbetween meals also helps to lower serum cortisol levels...

* remember if you "feel" thirsty you are already dehydrated. a constant intake of water will prevent that

I drink 1/2 gal during training sessions alone. I usually drink a good 2 gals a day.

Ti1301
12-05-2002, 02:48 AM
Yes I go to the bathroom quite often.
LOL
I think about 10-15 times a day.
Hell I'll drink then drive to school and once I hit campus I'l need to pee.
LOL

eclips1
12-05-2002, 02:38 PM
Not sure but...... I think water helps you digest your food, getting nutrients in and waste out more efficiently. More efficient digestion=more efficient diet=more efficient gains. I'm sure someone knowing more than me can describe this better, how water transports nutrients, esspecially the part on protien digestion. water is a necessity.

Budiak
12-05-2002, 04:22 PM
I sweat a lot when I sleep, and I guess that a lot of other people may, too. I drink all the way up to the point where I jump into bed, and then whe I get up to pee 8 times a night, I drink more every time I get up. If not, I wake up extremely dehydrated.

restless
12-05-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
I sweat a lot when I sleep, and I guess that a lot of other people may, too. I drink all the way up to the point where I jump into bed, and then whe I get up to pee 8 times a night, I drink more every time I get up. If not, I wake up extremely dehydrated.

This is not a good thing. I suffer from similar problems and I can tell you that true REM sleep takes a few continuos hours of sleep to happen, and if it doesn't, you're not getting real sleep. I chose to limit fluid intake during the few hours preceding bed time and wake up a little more dry but rested.

Budiak
12-05-2002, 09:42 PM
Its fine. Trust me.

Would you rather I not drink, and wake up with a headache all day? Remember I barely sleep more than 3 hours at a time, ao I ususally dont have to get up and pee.

I know you're just trying to help, and I respect that, but I'm a clinical insomniac and I know fully the damage that lack of sleep can do to you. Its 3 hours I believe of continuous sleep that starts REM a movin...but I might be a special case. I often sleep less than an hour a night and go all day, including an intense workout- setting PRs and everything, then maybe sleep 4 hours that night and go until 2am the next day after a full day of classes, driving, classes, driving, blah blah.

The most damage my sleeping disorder has done to me? Mental stability. My lifts have only improved, my grades have not suffered, but I think I'm going kinda...kinda nuts, day by day.

I've gotten a bit of a grasp on the problem over the past few months, but it rears its head every once in a while and I'll only get *any* sleep sometimes 3, 4 nights a week.

But hey, I drink enough water.

goobermor
12-07-2002, 11:20 AM
*bows before tyler durden....er I mean budiak*

I swear my body sucks, I'm missing out on so much in life having to sleep 8 hrs a night....I'm never going to finish GTA3 at this rate :mad: