PDA

View Full Version : I have been sick for a week and finally got back in the gym

bigkevin20
12-03-2002, 08:46 AM
To my surprise on my back day yesterday I did great. A lot of energy and almost beat my PR on the deadlift. I thought I was going to be week and slugish from missing a whole week. I hear its good to take a brake every now and then. I gues this helped me on my week off. I went completley off my diet with thanksgiving, drinking and fast food. But I also lost almost 5 pounds. I am still trying to lose weight before I seriously bulk so I didn't complain. But I am wondering since my strenth did not decrease and my weight went down and I feel completley refreshed ready to start going hard again. Can I take the 5 pound lost as a positve or was it just muscle weight. This would bring me down to 70 pounds lost :) .
Now 210 at 15% bodyfat ht 5'10. I want to get down to less than 10% then start bulking.

bradley
12-03-2002, 02:36 PM
My weight will vary 5 pounds at different times of the day. Are you weighing yourself at the same time everyday (I recommend right when you wake up)? If you have been sick then the weight was probably mostly water and/or glycogen.

bigkevin20
12-03-2002, 03:31 PM
From knowing me I will probally keep some of it off and gain a few back but I don't go up and down that much though. I read that is a common thing I frankly do not eat that much. Well that's the only way I can se your weight going up in down in a day that much is maybe on a bulking cycle. But I could be wrong.

bradley
12-03-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by bigkevin20
From knowing me I will probally keep some of it off and gain a few back but I don't go up and down that much though. I read that is a common thing I frankly do not eat that much. Well that's the only way I can se your weight going up in down in a day that much is maybe on a bulking cycle. But I could be wrong.

I am mainly referring to the difference in weighing in the morning and then weighing again in the evening.