PDA

View Full Version : Todays powerlifting 'workout'

Hercule
12-03-2002, 07:54 PM
Hey guys,
Today was our first powerlifting workout...if that is what you wanna call it. I was VERY dissapointed. Here is our 'powerlfting workout':

30 chins
Flyes: 3X10 w/35lbs dumbells
2Xburnouts on bench with 120lbs.

This was so pathetic, and non-powerlifting that I quit the team. He said that we will be doing workouts like this for the rest of the year. Do you think I was right in quiting? THis is NOTHIN EVEN CLOSE to a powerlifting workout. What are your opinions?
BTW, my workout can be seen in my journal.

Adam
12-03-2002, 07:59 PM
well...that is nothing like a normal powerlifting workout and i doubt that that workout would help you get very strong. See if you could do your own workouts but stay on th e team for the meets.

Big J
12-03-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Hercule
Hey guys,
Today was our first powerlifting workout...if that is what you wanna call it. I was VERY dissapointed. Here is our 'powerlfting workout':

30 chins
Flyes: 3X10 w/35lbs dumbells
2Xburnouts on bench with 120lbs.

This was so pathetic, and non-powerlifting that I quit the team. He said that we will be doing workouts like this for the rest of the year. Do you think I was right in quiting? THis is NOTHIN EVEN CLOSE to a powerlifting workout. What are your opinions?
BTW, my workout can be seen in my journal.

Sounds to me like your coach is a dumba$$ - especially if that ALL you did! Work out on your own & or with a friend (better). Then come back & outlift the strongest lifter on the team. Then you can give your coach a few pointers ;).

WillKuenzel
12-04-2002, 02:57 AM
What would even be the point of that workout? I'm no expert at powerlifting but I think that's a far cry from anything related to powerlifting.

Hercule
12-04-2002, 07:09 AM
Thanks guys. I will ask him today if I can just do my own thing and still compete. Big J, I liked your response :D. THe only problem is, I am second strongest on the team...and Jake is so far ahead of me, that I think it is pretty unlikely that I will get stronger than him any time soon. Thanks for the replies.

Nights
12-04-2002, 03:15 PM
Break Jakes kneecap. Problem solved.

NateDogg
12-04-2002, 03:44 PM
Ok Tonya Harding :rolleyes: :D

Scooby-Doo
12-04-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Adam MacKinnon
well...that is nothing like a normal powerlifting workout and i doubt that that workout would help you get very strong. See if you could do your own workouts but stay on th e team for the meets.

:withstupi

Paul Stagg
12-04-2002, 04:17 PM
My guess is that your coach is being overly cautious due to your age.

Either that, or he didn't communicate what he wants to accomplish.

I'd ask him to lay out the program for you, and explain his rationale behind it before you do anything drastic.

Scooby-Doo
12-04-2002, 05:54 PM
Hey Paul, now that you mention it, It looks to me that you are proboly right about the coach being cautious about his age. I personally don't normally look at 14 year olds as strong. ( no offense ;) )

Hercule
12-04-2002, 06:18 PM
Thanks Paul, i will talk to him tommorow about it. I can see how he would need to be overly cautious since some of the lifts can 'stunt your growth'..LoL. THanks for pointing that side out to me, didn't quite think about that.

ChrisH
12-04-2002, 06:45 PM
I've gotta say, from looking at your stats, your a beast of a 14 year old...
So whoever it is thats beating you...Jake or whatever, how old is he?

Hercule
12-04-2002, 08:35 PM
Chris,
Jake is a junior...his stats are...

6'1
215lbs
Bench-240
Squat-340
Deadlift-???

Scooby-Doo
12-05-2002, 08:33 AM
He is not in your weight class, so you are the strongest as well as he. :)

Sayiajin Prince
12-05-2002, 08:40 AM
ur squat is 60 lbs away, but other than that ur not very far away bro. and ur at age 14

by the way i hate u for pulling off what i can do at age 17...

jk, i think...im gonna go cry somewhere...