PDA

View Full Version : some intresting things for ur boring powder?

Sayiajin Prince
07-07-2001, 08:20 PM
hi u guys...
we can all pretty much agree that no matter wut the company says, the stuff taste like sh!t:p

i would like to know wut kind of advancements do u guys add on to ur protien powder when u mix it...

when i had meso-tech i had the chocolate flavour, mixed with lowfat/skim milk and it tasted fabulous i couldnt get enough.

now i have lebrada's lean dutch-chocolate (1 box) and chocolate-peanutbutter (another box) [i got it on supper sale for $22, which would normally cost over 100)
i tried mixing it with milk but it still needs working on. :mad:

plz state the brand of the powder, its flavour, and wut u use to make it taste better.

thanx in advance.

Cackerot69
07-07-2001, 08:23 PM
Sometimes in the morning I'll have:

1 scoop protein powder (ProLab chocolate)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup coffee
2 tbs sugar/fat free cocoa

Tastes just like a mocha expresso.

Jane
07-07-2001, 09:57 PM
Anybody have good suggestions for vanilla-flavored whey protein? I just got a nice batch today but I don't know how to make it yummy.

lick
07-07-2001, 11:48 PM
Jane:

once i bought some nasty GNC vanilla protein, and to fix it up, iwould throw in a banana and some cinnamon. that made it bearable.

id also bet strawberries would make a good addition...

heathj
07-08-2001, 12:57 AM
My chocolate whey protein tastes hella good. Just like quik cocoa mix.

Jane
07-08-2001, 08:38 AM
heathj, what brand do u use?

flake
07-08-2001, 08:39 AM
n-large is perf. - the choc is wicked good. And I figure vanilla is a lost cause <shudder>

swedishviking
07-08-2001, 08:44 AM
Jane,
try mixing it with milk and cinnamon. Makes a big difference.

Jane
07-08-2001, 08:50 AM
damn it. why oh why did I decide to "give vanilla a try"? I stood there for 15 min picking out powders. Double chocolate or vanilla? Double chocolate or vanilla? What in the world made me pick vanilla???
Oh well. Ill try the cinnamon and smoothie ideas. Thanks guys.

Alex.V
07-08-2001, 10:09 AM
haha. Most people get vanilla because they figure they can flavor it or mix it with other foods....

It never happens.

Seriously, buy yourself some pure unsweetened hershey's cocoa, and mix about a tablespoon of it with every vanilla shake. That's really all the "chocolate" flavor is.

the doc
07-08-2001, 11:18 AM
dont forget to sweeten it as well with something otherwise cocoa is quite bitter!

the doc
07-08-2001, 11:20 AM
my protein powders are all unflavored, they taste like crap, and i only mix them with water, but i fuking luv it!

body
07-08-2001, 11:49 AM
beside putting it in milk. i have mxed it with museli(oats, raison breakfast cereal) which is quite nice.
or sometime i make a dough and put the protien powder in it with some banana, apple, raision and bake it for half a hour which is quite nice. also the flour adds as a good source of carbs as well. if there were savoury flavour besides only sweet flavour eg cheese i would mix it into pizza dough when making them as well. just whack it in food you cook. they can be quite versatile if you can cook.

heathj
07-08-2001, 11:50 AM
If they're unflavored... :D

Jane..I get the store brand. VitaminWorld kind. If you have a VitaminWorld nearby you can get it there or you can get it from www.vitaminworld.com

ElPietro
07-09-2001, 02:28 PM
I use designer vanilla with plain ole H2O. As long as it's not a MRP shake then it won't be too thick. If it ain't too thick I just chug it all down real quick. Also, I've used combinations of fruit juices that make it taste really good in the past. Try adding grape, orange, and strawberry juice together, or you can sub apple for orange if you prefer. It'll taste good, but will have more sugar from the juices. Even add a bannana into the mix, throw an umbrella in there and you'll feel like your on vacation sipping some refreshing fruity drink. :cool:

El Kelio
07-11-2001, 02:00 PM
Mine is :

Prolab Chocolate Whey protein
Slim Milk
6 egggs (not the yolks)
Cinammon
Ice
& All the way down !!

Keep pumping ! ;)

Sayiajin Prince
07-17-2001, 10:30 PM
i recently found that milk has been giving me serious digestive diarea...
so i switched my recepe to soy milk. a good flavour is
VITA SOY : vinella delite...;)