PDA

View Full Version : Need help with new 20/50/30 cpf diet, please help.

HANSEL
12-04-2002, 10:57 AM
:help:

Ok, I need your help fellow members, Im back from a crazy Low Carb/Starvation/CKD diet thats turned me into a recovering Binge eater. I know what I have done wrong and am attempting to fix it. Some of you have seen my previous posts and must have realized how little I knew, I thought I did but really had no clue as to what I was doing. Starved all week and Binged on Capn Crunch and Fat free sugar free Ice cream all weekend long, but never again.

Here Goes:

23M
5ft 10in
weight has gone up tp 140 which is good for me.
I know at one point I was under 10%BF but think Im closer to 12%.

I have set my BMR at 2200 Calories? Im not trying to Bulk or Cut, just work of a little BF And continue to get stronger in the Gym.

I am thinking of doing a 7 day a week moderate diet with
20%carbs / 50% Protien / 30% Fat (Mostly EFA's)
I want to stay lean, maintain muscle, lose a little BF, and gain strength.

Yesterday was my first succesful day (Non Wrkout) on my diet:

7A
Shake 5 carb 60 Protien 4 Fat
1/4 cup Oats 27carb 0 Protien 4 Fat

9A
4 oz Salmon Lox 2 carb 30 Protien 10 Fat

12P
WW Chick Sand 28 carb 30 Protien 4 Fat

2P
Sunflower Butter & SF JAM 10 carb 12 Protein 28 Fat

3P
Grilled Chicken Breast 0 carb 30 Protien 3 Fat

5P
Chicken/B Rice/Cauliflower 30 carb 35 Protien 4 Fat

7P
16oz FF Cottage Cheese 25 Carb 50 Protien 0 Fat

So thats like 127 Carb 247 Protien 62g Fat
From my Calculations this ends up being 2050 which from my understanding would be ok on a Non Workout day?

Would anyone rate this setup for me? Is what I have my BMR set at sound right? Any help would be tremendously appreciated.
Regards,
HANSEL

Shao-LiN
12-04-2002, 11:08 AM
If you're trying to work off bf%, you're cutting.

HANSEL
12-04-2002, 11:18 AM
OK, So I am cutting.
Do you think it can be done on this diet?

bradley
12-04-2002, 02:22 PM
If your BMR is approx 2200 kcals then yes you will lose weight due to the caloric deficit created by your diet. Why so much protien? The caloric deficit will cause you to lose weight, and carbs will not hurt you. I would replace some of the protien with carbs and add in some more veggies.

gopher
12-04-2002, 03:31 PM
I use a 50/20/30 diet when I cut and it works very well. The idea is to keep insuline to a trickel. To do this you should get most of your carbs from veggies and low Gi friuts like strawberries or grape fruit. I would not have more than 20 gr of carbs at any one meal. Even low GI carbs like oatmeal will raise insuline levels if you start going over 20 grams. On a diet like this your body is forced to burn fat as its primary fuel source. you will first burn dietary fat but since you are in a caloric deficit you will also burn stored BF as well. This diet will also cause muscle glycogen levels to fall so it is important to refill those twice a week with a carb up meal. On days 3 and 7 you should have a high carb/ low fat/ moderate protein meal shortly before bed. I know some people are going to jump all over this but it works. Do not worry about the pre-bed time carbs being stored as BF. Your muscle glycogen levels will be very low and your muscles will soak up as much glycogen as they can while you sleep. There will be nothing left for your body to store as BF.
My typical cutting meal plan looks like this.
Meal #1 50 gr protein (whey/cassien mix) blended with 4oz strawberries and 1 tbls flax
Meal#2: Omelet w/ 2 whole eggs 4 whites 4 oz seasoned lean beef 1/2 grape fruit
Meal #3 6oz can tuna, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup almonds
Meal #4 same as #1
Meal #5 6 oz chicken breast large salad w/ 2 tbls viinegar /oil dressing
Meal #6 8 oz salmon or lean beef 2 cups steamed veggies
Meal #7 (right before bed) 40 gr protein mixed w/ 2tbls natty PB or same as #1

Twice a week I replace meal #7 with 1 cup oat meal, 6 oz sweet potato, 1 med banana, 30 gr protein. You can mix this all together and make pancakes or bake it into a sort of cake like thing. or you can just make them separately. Oh and I also throw in a small salad or some steamed veggies for roughage.

There is a lot of good info on this type of diet at bodybuilding world.com
Good luck.

HANSEL
01-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the Help Folks, sorry for the Late response. But I do really appreciate your comments. I have been cheating lately around the holidays and have made no progress but its a new year......So Lets see if this works...

HANSEL
01-03-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by gopher

Meal #1 50 gr protein (whey/cassien mix) blended with 4oz strawberries and 1 tbls flax

Twice a week I replace meal #7 with 1 cup oat meal, 6 oz sweet potato, 1 med banana, 30 gr protein. You can mix this all together and make pancakes or bake it into a sort of cake like thing. or you can just make them separately.

Thanks gopher.

what Casien are you using in your blend?

Your Carb up meal sounds Good! Im going to try sme of those as pancakes..