PDA

View Full Version : I'm back and looking for some help

EdgarMex
12-05-2002, 11:39 AM
Hello, everybody, after not posting for about two months I'm back and I need some help.

For about three months (maybe a bit more) my diet has been low cal since I'm trying to get rid of the excess fat I'm carrying, but lately I've been feeling like crap, especially this week. The worst part is that this week not only I've been feeling tired but also my lifts have suffered, this week I have really struggled at the gym some times even after lowering the weight a bit (as compared to last week's lifts). Since I've been sleeping ok (6.5 to 8 hours per day) I guess the problem is in the calorie intake. My diet at the moments is like this:

6:00 Half bowl of cereal (about 2 cups of whatever there is, lately is Special K) with 1.5 cup of 2% milk
6:30-7:30 Workout
7:45 1.5 scoops of Optimum Nutrition 100% whey with 1.5 cups of 2% milk and 1 banana
11:30-12:00 1 can of tuna, 1/2 cup of vegetables (peas, carrots, corn), hard bolied eggs (1 whole, 1 white). This week I added 4 slices of whole wheat bread (to make 2 sandwiches)
3:00-4:00 Whatever my whife made for lunch (it varies every day, but it usually includes steamed white rice, spanish rice or some sort of pasta and either some form of chicken or meat). Over this meal I have no control at all so there's nothing I can do here
7:00-7:30 1.5 cups of light yogurt and some fruit (grapes, apple, peach, tangerine)
9:30-10:00 1.5 scoops of Optimum Nutrition 100% whey with 1.5 cups of 2% milk, and if I'm hungry I'll add 2 slices of whole wheat bread with peanut butter or a turkey ham and cheese sandwich.

Also with the last meal I take multivitamin and 2 1000mg cap of fish oil.

All this, excluding lunch, adds up to 1970 calories (150g protein, 226g carbs, 57g fat). Currently I'm 5'8" and 185 lbs (85kg). Suggestions on how to improve my diet are welcome.

I've doing a 4-day split for the last two months as follows (all sets are 8-10 reps, except warm ups, which are 15 reps)

Monday - Back
Pullups 4 sets (2 bw, 2 assisted)
Bent over row 4 sets (2 light warmup, 2 heavy)
DB rows 3 sets
Lat pulldown 2 sets
Shrugs 2 sets

Tuesday - Chest, Shoulders
Flat BB Bench 4-5 sets (2 light warmup, 2-3 heavy)
Incline DB bench 3 sets
Flyes 2-3 sets
Arnold press 2 sets
Lateral raises 2 sets
Bent over lateral raises 2 sets

Wednesday - Rest/Cardio

Thursday - Legs
Squats 5 sets (2 light warmup, 3 heavy)
Leg extensions 3 sets
Leg curls 3 sets
SLDL 2 sets
Seated calf raise 3 sets

Friday - Arms
Skullcrushers 3 sets (1 light warmup, 2 heavy)
Close grip bench 4 sets (1 light warmup, 3 heavy)
Triceps extension 2 sets
BB curl 4 sets (1 light warmup, 3 heavy)
DB preacher curl 3 sets
Hammer curls 2 sets

What do you guys think? Not eating enough? Overtraining?

I'm planning on taking 1-2 weeks off of at the end of the year and will change my routine starting January, but I'm still trying to decide over going back to a three day split of giving a try to HST.

Your input will be greatly appreciated

bradley
12-05-2002, 02:25 PM
I would go with something like oats w/whey in the morning pre-workout. Special K doesn't add much in the way of nutrition. Are you losing bf with this diet? If so how much per week?

EdgarMex
12-05-2002, 02:40 PM
I haven lost much in weight, which usually fluctuates between 184 and 188 lbs, but I look a bit leaner than I used too, mostly in the legs and arms and I think I have grown a bit, I'm yet to take measurements and compare them to the ones I took in early October. I'm still trying to get calipers to find out my BF %, which I think is still high.

EdgarMex
12-06-2002, 11:49 AM
BUMP

Anybody else care to give me an opinion, please

Vido
12-06-2002, 05:44 PM
Here's my thoughts:
6:00--- Oats with whey (maybe some flax oil mixed in as well)
7:45--- 1.5 scoops of Optimum + dextrose/maltodextrin/or both mixed in milk or water (no banana)
8:45--- some carbs (pasta/potatoes/rice/oats) and meat
12:00--- 1.5 scoops of Optimum mixed with milk
3:00-4:00--- whatever wife makes
7:00--- 1-2 tuna sandwiches
10:00--- 1 cup of cottage cheese and 2 Tbsp of natural peanut butter

No clue how many cals that is. I tried to keep it similar to what you were already eating, but I think this would be a big improvement.