PDA

View Full Version : What do the pro's do?

nejar462
12-06-2002, 02:03 PM
Do pro athletes ever relax and drink some alcohol or skip some workouts to go on vacation? or are they in a constant state of training? How often do they drink alcohol or eat pizza or something?(I've heard the Giants go through $2000 worth of pizza every day) Or are they ALWAYS athletes all the time?

galileo
12-06-2002, 02:08 PM
$2000 worth of pizza? Um...

Y2A
12-06-2002, 02:09 PM
I dont know from experience or anything, but Im pretty sure they relax and do their thing on their off days and in the offseason. Plenty of athletes have been in trouble for smoking weed so it seems like they have their fun too ;)

Reinier
12-06-2002, 02:12 PM
I heard Chris Cormier clubs a lot in the offseason.

Vido
12-06-2002, 02:17 PM
From what I've heard anyway, the pros eat all kinds of $#%@ after a show, and some do in the off season as well. I think they tend to stay away from alcohol because of all the negative effects like decreased protein synthesis and increased estrogen production, but they more than make up for it by consuming every illegal drug under the sun (pot being one of the more mild ones).

Saint Patrick
12-06-2002, 02:32 PM
is that the NY football giants? or the MLB SF giants?

Silverback
12-06-2002, 02:38 PM
$2000 now thats some pizza, not even the legend that is lee priest could compare with that, but here is a peek into lee's off-season's habit:)

Vido
12-06-2002, 02:51 PM
AHAHAHAAH...LMAO at the pics of Priest. Like I said in the "who's your favourite bodybuilder" thread, the only good thing about Lee Priest is the ridiculous pics of him in the offseason.

Silverback
12-06-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Vido
AHAHAHAAH...LMAO at the pics of Priest. Like I said in the "who's your favourite bodybuilder" thread, the only good thing about Lee Priest is the ridiculous pics of him in the offseason.

no way! Priest is god, alright he's probably only got a few years left to live due to his binges and whacky combos. but he does look awsome for his height.

Check out my journal in a bit for an inspriational pic of lee (outstanding:))

Saint Patrick
12-06-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Big-Ron
Priest is god

:nod:

Vido
12-06-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Big-Ron
but he does look awsome for his height.

That's the my beef with him...he's 5'4. He does have huge guns for his height I admit, but other than that I just can't give him the respect that I'd give to a taller bodybuilder. The shorter your muscles the bigger they look, regardless of whether or not they actually are big (not to say Priest isn't a big guy). A 10 lb gain (be it muscle or fat) is extremely noticeable on someone of that height, whereas the same weight gain on a 6' bodybuilder can easily go unnoticed. I think the taller you are, the harder you have to work to make it in the sport of bodybuilding, so I have trouble giving Priest credit, where credit might be due.

LAM
12-06-2002, 03:25 PM
my dad used to play pro ball and he said they used to party like rock stars, between getting free food and drink, hotel rooms, the groupies etc. he would never really get into details but pro athletes definetly let lose a lot

nejar462
12-06-2002, 03:31 PM
NFL giants, and for the whole team, i think they might only do it once a week. still figure, 80 guys, $10 a pie(assume Large Pies) actually I don't think it was quite $2000, more likely $1000, which i still more than one pie a guy.

Y2A
12-06-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by nejar462
NFL giants, and for the whole team, i think they might only do it once a week. still figure, 80 guys, $10 a pie(assume Large Pies) actually I don't think it was quite $2000, more likely $1000, which i still more than one pie a guy.

I could eat a large pizza and Im 5'6 160. Maybe they are gettin some kinda fancy-ass expensive pizza as well.

Y2A
12-06-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by LAM
my dad used to play pro ball and he said they used to party like rock stars, between getting free food and drink, hotel rooms, the groupies etc. he would never really get into details but pro athletes definetly let lose a lot

OH yeah... the groupies!! :D

Reinier
12-06-2002, 03:35 PM
ive heard several people who met lee priest say that 5"4 is being nice. more like 5"2 they say

LAM
12-06-2002, 03:36 PM
I think that's how he meet my mom..doh ! :eek:

nejar462
12-06-2002, 03:50 PM
10$ a pie is pretty expensive, but since they buy in bulk thats pretty nuts, in New York, (put faith in me on this one) the local pizza stores have some REALLY deep pizza's, its quite a feat to eat pie + soem slices.

eclips1
12-06-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by LAM
I think that's how he meet my mom..doh ! :eek:

LOL!

LAM
12-06-2002, 04:14 PM
you forget you live in jersey pizza is cheap and good. when I lived in san jose it was about $17 for a large, ****ty pizza

Y2A
12-06-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by nejar462
10$ a pie is pretty expensive, but since they buy in bulk thats pretty nuts, in New York, (put faith in me on this one) the local pizza stores have some REALLY deep pizza's, its quite a feat to eat pie + soem slices.

Mmmmmmmmm, deep pizzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
:drooling: Maybe they eat it 3X a week or something. Im sure practice in full pads burns a boat load of calories.

smalls
12-06-2002, 07:02 PM
lmao, most profesional, and college athletes eat way worse than the majority of the people on this board. From what I have seen they pay very little attention to their diet, other than taking in tidbits of info from the team nutritionist.

Bam Bam
12-06-2002, 08:09 PM
i have a few friends in the pros (nfl)

They typically dont eat as well as we do most skill guys eat 3 times a day unless they are really into their body

lineman eat everything in sight unless they are put on a diet

i shouldnt say all skill guys eat 3 times a day but the wr cores for buffallo do not follow any kind of diet

i also trained with jeremey shocky(well i outran him ) he was 6ft 2 190 before he left to miami

Gyno Rhino
12-06-2002, 08:39 PM
Alot of the pros east like **** up until the 12 wks before the contest (Lee Priest is the prime example). It's AMAZING what good genetics, good drugs, and good old hard work can do for his body.

FuriousFerret
12-06-2002, 10:02 PM
I think a few do. I know Jerry Rice, Ricky Williams, Shannon Sharpe and a few others have some very strict regimens. I think most probably do have an off season, but for the most part the 'star' athletes have crappy diets because they are naturals at the sport. Bo Jackson never touched weights in his life and could bench 250. These guys also have insane training programs from thier teams so they can have pizza and they'll burn it off the next day.

The mediocre players just trying to make the team are probably the most strict, I'd wager. A player on the verge of being cut is alot more concerned about his training than a guy who's guaranteed a spot.

Accipiter
12-06-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by galileo
$2000 worth of pizza? Um...

it's that new designer pizza all the rappers are talkign about, I think it has something called 'pepperoni' on it. I guess it's like the pizzeria equivalent of Kristal

BCC
12-06-2002, 10:45 PM
The prostitution and partying that go on are ridiculous.

Bam Bam
12-07-2002, 05:20 PM
i just heard an interview with terrell owens he says the only things he eats are fish chicken and egg whites

He even did not eat at the start of the season coming back from japan because all they had to eat was powerbars and pizza

chris mason
12-07-2002, 07:18 PM
Pro bodybuilders, for the most part, will eat whatever they want in the off-season. They will eat, drink, and be merry. You cannot eat like they do pre-contest year round. I know they always say they eat a certain consistently in Flex magazine, and some do, but most don't. Most blow up in the off-season.