PDA

View Full Version : Watch 'Firefly' on Fox, tonight at 8pm

Blood&Iron
12-06-2002, 04:45 PM
Anyone who's watched and enjoyed this show, there's a new episode on tonight. Make sure you watch it (or Tivo it or tape it, if you have a life) and for the next few weeks. Fox is deciding whether to give it the go-ahead to the rest of the season or cancel it. It's about the only thing original on tv at the moment IMO (Yes, I know about the Sopranos and 24 and all that other stuff.)

If you liked 'The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr." or sci-fi or any of Joss Whedon's other stuff(BUffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel) you'll really enjoy this. Even if you like none of them, though, you might be won over by the great acting, superb special effects and set design, and wonderful writing. It's just a damn good show.

Here's a like for those who aren't familiar with it:
http://www.fox.com/firefly/watchit/

PowerManDL
12-06-2002, 05:07 PM
I'm still pissed that they cancelled Farscape.

Blood&Iron
12-06-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
I'm still pissed that they cancelled Farscape.
Yeah, that was bullsh*t. I really enjoyed that show. I felt like it had lost a little steam in the last season, though. Plus, I think it had time to make its statement. A 4 (or was it 5) year run is pretty decent. Still sucks, though.

I hope Firefly at least is given a chance. I've heard rumors UPN is shopping around for a companion show to Enterprise (which, frankly, I think very mediocre) so Farscape might do a channel hop. I wouldn't hold your breath, though.

Gyno Rhino
12-06-2002, 08:48 PM
I loved Brisco County!!! But that's only cause of Bruce...

Blood&Iron
12-20-2002, 06:07 PM
Bump.

They're finally going to show the pilot, which they refused to show originally due to the fact that 'it didn't have enough action.'

So, the first episode will, in fact, be the last. It has a certain symmetry.

The executives at FOX should be castrated for the way they f*cked 'Firefly' over. No ads. A **** time slot. Second guessing the writer/producer. The list goes on.

Budiak
12-20-2002, 09:54 PM
I really wish I could watch it, I love sci fi as you guys know, but...I'm not really in a place where I have...control of the television. I'm at my dads place. Watching Cheers.

And Batman.

And...*gasp*...The Family Feud.

I'll try to catch it next week. Space Western? Sign me UP!

Blood&Iron
12-21-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
I really wish I could watch it, I love sci fi as you guys know, but...I'm not really in a place where I have...control of the television. I'm at my dads place. Watching Cheers.

And Batman.

And...*gasp*...The Family Feud.

With Richard Dawson, that guy who hanged himself, or Louie Anderson? I like Dawson just cuz he was in 'Hogan's Heroes' and 'The Running Man'

I still love the little bit that goes:
Schwarzenegger: 'I'll be back.'
Dawson: 'Only in a rerun.'

I'll try to catch it next week. Space Western? Sign me UP!
I guess I wasn't clear. It's already been cancelled. Joss Whedon (the creator/writer/director) is shopping it around to other networks, though. I actually even sent some postcards to UPN in hopes that they pick it up. Never cared enough about a show to do anything like that. I think most of the episodes are available from Kazaa, though. I really think you'd dig the sensibility of the show, Budiak. If you can, check it out.

The pilot was great. Better than most sci-fi films. I have no f*cking clue how Fox could say it didn't enough action.

Budiak
12-21-2002, 11:44 PM
****!!!!

Well, I'll pray that it gets to another network. It seems like the kind of show that would be on Sci Fi or UPN, like Homeboys in Space!

rookiebldr
12-21-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Blood&Iron
I think most of the episodes are available from Kazaa, though.

Kazaa you say. You are completely right, god awful time slot. And then I seem to keep missing this thread until it's too late to remind me that I need to tape it. :(